[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>One of the most disappointing fps sequels ever came out a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
>One of the most disappointing fps sequels ever came out a decade ago

What went wrong?
>>
>>313246960
I thought it was pretty good and fun to play?
>>
I'll take that one over 3 any day.
>>
>>313247039
this, 3 was fucking ass
>>
It wasn't a clone of theprevious games. Really I thought it was a very fun game with plenty of variety in its gameplay.
>>
I had a lot more fun with 2 than I did with 3.
>>
Only Serious sam I'd say I don't enjoy playing is First encounter with its crudeness, it's just
>kill hoard of monsters in square arena
>walk through a corridor
>kill hoard of monsters in square arena
>walk through a corridor
>continue in the same fashion
I like cartoony environment of 2 and its novelty mechanics and I liked complex urban arenas of BFE. Although of course Second encounter is the best by far because it just does everything right.
>>
The biggest complaint was the new art style and a few other aesthetic choices. And those weren't even that bad, really. The rest of the game played just like an SS game. I enjoyed it quite a bit.
>>
Imo it's pretty boring until you reach the kleer planet.
After that it's as fun as the other games.
It also has the best soundtrack in the series
>>
>>313247039
>>313247674
Why? I had a lot of fun with BFE. The beginning was a bit slow, sure and the sniper was missing but apart from that I enjoyed BFE.
>>
>>313246960
It ran like shit on my 7800GTX which was the best card available at the time.
>>
>>313249061
it lost a lot of the charm of the other games. every level was just generic FPS desert level with dull colors and lots of grays with few variation in between
>>
>>313249321
I thought the later egyptian levels were pretty good
>>
>>313249321
>>313247039
>>313247674

These guys didn't even get up to the Sphinx

You're the sort of people who turned Half-Life off before the resonance cascade event
>>
>>313251509
SS3 was fun but almost half of the start was slow as shit,
doesn't help it was less colorful than TSE1-2 so i turned up the color correction to max in the setting,
i enjoyed every serious sam aside that indie retro rpg thing
>>
Posting best track

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrcwTVyuyD0
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.