[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Try FF1 on NES >"Oh this sucks" >Read about
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: final fantasy.jpg (569 KB, 640x1103) Image search: [Google]
final fantasy.jpg
569 KB, 640x1103
>Try FF1 on NES
>"Oh this sucks"
>Read about the remakes
>Try FF1 on GBA
>"Oh this still sucks"
>People say to try the PSP version
>Try it
>"Oh this is the exact same fucking trash as the GBA version."

/v/ has the worst taste imaginable if they think this is some marked improvement over the GBA/NES versions. Especially when there are quality SNES JRPGs that one could be playing like Bahamut Lagoon or Glory of Heracles 3

But you know what's stupid about people that defend Final Fantasy 1? They're also the same kind of people that would shit on Final Fantasy Mystic Quest for its insultingly simplistic design and plot.
>>
JUST
>>
>>313235130
That cool boxart is very misleading. I bought it and have regretted it since
>>
>>313238486
I'm sorry fam
>>
it's a 28 year old game and all the remakes really did was make it prettier
what the fuck did you expect, of course it's a barebones as hell oldschool rpg
>>
File: Resident_Evil_2002_cover.jpg (75 KB, 333x472) Image search: [Google]
Resident_Evil_2002_cover.jpg
75 KB, 333x472
>>313238769
>what the fuck did you expect
>>
>>313239017

REmaster didn't exactly re-invent the RE gameplay.

It was, for the most part, nothing more than a graphics update and some bonus content.
>>
>>313235130
I feel the same way about that garbage Persona 1. Out of all the entries in the series Persona 1 and it's remakes/localizations are at the bottom
>>
File: remake3.jpg (188 KB, 1641x977) Image search: [Google]
remake3.jpg
188 KB, 1641x977
>>313239138
>It was, for the most part, nothing more than a graphics update

Except for the huge shift in tone/atmosphere, the new voice acting, the changes to the puzzles, the new areas to explore, the rewritten story, new monsters/boss fights, an additional hours worth of content, whole new mechanics like burning bodies and survival items, etc

And that's the stuff I can remember.

If REMake were anything like the FF1 remakes, it would have kept the horrible voice acting from the original and not have introduced new things like Lisa Trevor to not "spoil the original"

Kill yourself tbqh
>>
>>313239505

Like I said, basically the same "archaic" gameplay with some new content.

>huge shift in tone/atmosphere

Huh? I'm wondering if you played the original RE release.
>>
>>313239839
>Like I said, basically the same "archaic" gameplay with some new content.

Oh so you're the kind of shithead that restates what they said despite being proven wrong. Disregarded.
>>
>>313239952

You didn't play the original release, did you?
>>
>>313239839
>>313240158
I did.

Yes, PS1 Resident Evil was scary... for THE TIME

It wasn't scary anymore cause so many more scarier games had come out. REMake made the game scary again.
>>
jRPG is a shitty genre, what did you expect fagtron.
>>
Why do you keep making this fucking thread?
>>
>>313242134
I wonder why all of the faggots who make the same fucking threads keep making the same fucking threads. Nobody can be THAT bored without having a fucking goddamn illness.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.