[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Toggle crouch/aim or hold and release?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: 1425679952815.jpg (29 KB, 425x358) Image search: [Google]
1425679952815.jpg
29 KB, 425x358
Toggle crouch/aim or hold and release?
>>
>>313234512
Aim - Toggle
Crouch - Hold
>>
Toggle crouch
Hold aim
>>
Hold for both.

Toggle crouch if its a Stealth game.
>>
Toggle crouch, hold aim.

>toggling aim so you permanently move slow and have reduced FOV
>not having it on hold so you can instantly release to get back into the faster movement speed

Shit
>>
>>313234512
Toggle on both
>>
File: 1428733462555.gif (6 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1428733462555.gif
6 KB, 200x200
Crouch - depends on the game. If I'm playing deus ex or something, toggle. For TF2 and shit, hold.

Aim - hold.
>>
All games should ideally have two separate binds for crouch and toggle crouch, both can be useful. Aiming is always better on hold though.
>>
Anyone else find shooting with RMB held awkward and restrictive? Occasionally it feels like my arm refuses to catch up to a strafing enemy.
I kinda want to either move aim to keyboard, or adapt to toggle because of that.
>>
>>313235598
Can't say I've ever really had a problem with that, but I also play MMOs a lot where I spend a good bit of time holding RMB so that I can control the camera with my mouse. Doesn't feel that much different for me to hold RMB while aiming in a shooter.

Although I play with relatively high sensitivity as well, so very small movements either way.
>>
>>313235789
>I play with relatively high sensitivity as well
Well that's just crazy talk.
>>
Hold for aim, bind hold crouch to one convenient key and toggle to another
>>
sup broey
>>
File: wahhhhh.jpg (30 KB, 408x411) Image search: [Google]
wahhhhh.jpg
30 KB, 408x411
>>313240195
/ck/ mods can go to hell to play foosbah with the devil.
>>
>>313238167
>Hold for aim, bind hold crouch to one convenient key and toggle to another

This, though hold to aim varies per game. Something like RO or Insurgency toggle is better because you're probably going to be spending extended periods of time aiming down your sights.

I use toggle in Killing Floor as well for whatever reason.
>>
Hold and release and map it to spacebar.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.