[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dead Space
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: latest.jpg (197 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
197 KB, 1920x1200
Was thinking of picking up Dead Space 3 for 10 dollars seeing as halloween is cuming.But is it worth a replay? Its more of an urge to play some survival horror. I played DS2 to death and DS1 i know like the back of my hand. Is a microtrans-action game that wrecked the series worth it? Can't remember how the crafting works but I do remember the atmosphere is awesome.
>>
Make sure you have a friend to play it with.
>>
>>313171694
DS games are terribly overrated games in general, and #3 is easily the worst of the bunch.

Just play some REAL horror games instead, like the titles it ripped (RE4, System Shock 2)
>>
>>313171910
>>313171879
I know what you mean guys but my only main vidya is my 360. Can't be bothered getting a new console when I am saving up for a gaming rig. Till then I can't fill the hole in my heart with the games that i love.
>>
>>313172247
You are on a computer right now, aren't you?
If so, post specs and we'll see what goodies we could get you for free / cheap.
>inb4 posting on a cellphone

that being said, SS2 would run on even toasters these days, and Re4 has been ported to just about every single system. Same with the Resi REmake, which got HD remaster just recently.
>>
>>313172723
macbook pro. Hence why I'm saving for the rig ha. Never really liked RE4 as a game and remake I have for the still working gamecube I have. So basicly avoid buying DS3?.
>>
>>313173301
yup.

>Macbook pro
You could get a fine pile of cash for your new rig just by selling that thing to some gullible Apple-fag.
Or if it has decent specs, just install W7 Ultimate on it, and enjoy some gayming right here and now.
>>
>>313171910
>re4 being spooky

youre a liar m8

ss2 was tho
>>
>>313173732
To make it any way decent I'd have to upgrade the ram and do that rehall u mentioned. The macbook serves its as just basic and work stuff. For the price of the ram that could go into a high end graphics hard and so on. Makes no sense to be wasting money on this hipster computer. I spilled coke on it and the repair bill was 300 dollars. Madness isnt it? My friend builds Pc's for fun and told me to save up around 800 dollars right and he would build it. The oc would last me for years but I want a good one. Thats partly why Im stuck gaming on last gen, no point in shelling out big money on a ps4/xbone which is a lame pc.
>>
>>313171694
Honestly? I pirated DS 3 just to get away from the microtransactions crap. But as a game, I must say I enjoyed it greatly. Its the longest of all 3, and the crafting system is cool. The only problem is that its not much challenging, as you
can make insanely powerful weapons. Like a shotgun/contactbeam combo etc.
But fuck EA for making the ending a DLC, its really important.
>>
>>313171694

Only Mass Effect 1 is worth it.

3 is the weakest of all thanks to EA getting greedy, being forced to fight other humans instead of monsters and 1, ONE custom weapon instead of weapon variety.
>>
>>313175147
Didn't mean that you should try to upgrade that crapbook. If it has at least 2Ghz multi-core CPU, 4GB of RAM, and any sort of dedicated GPU / at least Intel HD 4000, it should run almost any PC game out there decently.

You'd get superb PC with 800. Hell, you can build 1080p/60fps capable entry-level gaming PCs for mere 500 nowadays, and there's been few good examples of mere 400 buck "PS4 killer" builds around the net for a while.

Like said, sell the toybook you got now, and use the money on the PC's components.
>>
>>313175965
Cheers for that, I'll look into the ps4 killer builds later today so I won't be stuck with a post ps2 era console. Have no idea why they made MGS5 for 360. It runs pretty ok at 30fps but gets choppy when the screen is bush and everything is in red dead redemption graphics.
>>
File: 2015-09-27_00005.jpg (769 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
2015-09-27_00005.jpg
769 KB, 1920x1200
>>313177552
yeah, my 2012 bought cheap laptop with [email protected], 6GB RAM and GT 540M 1GB can pretty much run the MGS5 games at PS3 quality (720p, Low), 30fps, without any notable drops. The poor thing just heats up easily while at it, since it's a generic, thin design, not exactly a gayming lappy.

Meanwhile my 2011 build PC that consists of i5 2500, 8GB RAM and GTX 560ti 1GB runs the game beautifully at 1920x1200, all high, at 60fps.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.