[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Wii U or PC?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: Punchy_NL.png (146 KB, 292x605) Image search: [Google]
Punchy_NL.png
146 KB, 292x605
Should I get a Wii U or buy a PC?
On one hand, I have over 500 games in my Steam account after playing on an old laptop that's crapped the fuck out, and I was looking to buy a new PC less than $1000. I have very average internet, so online games might not work so well. No, I have not played all of the 500+ games.

On the other hand, the Wii U has Mario Maker, which interests me to no end. There's also the upcoming Twilight Princess remake. Inb4 just play it on PC. I have the original GC version, but the le HD bloom upgrade might be nice compared to upscaled emulation.

Eventually, I'll get both, but at the moment, a Wii U looks the most promising. Keep in mind, the Jew holiday is coming up, and I might not have money to spare until next year.
Thoughts?
>>
Get a Wii U, while you wait to get the PC all the games it has will drop in price. The Wii U ones won't really.
>>
>tfw have both
Feels good man
>>
>>313086489
In my opinion a PC would be a better buy. I have both a PC and Wii U and I spend most of my time on my PC.

Then again I have always been a PC guy first, and Nintendo second.
>>
>>313086624
>>313087125
PC will have sales before long, but I just really want Mario Maker. It's only a question about money.
>>
>>313088130
Well. A Wii U and a game will cost you around $400 with taxes.
A PC will obviously cost you more, like $600 for a good PC, $800 to $1000 for a great one.
>>
>>313088130
https://store.nintendo.com/ng3/browse/productDetailColorSizePicker.jsp?productId=prod150200

$200 Deluxe Wii U

Sure it's "refurbished" but Nintendo's refurb quality is really well known.

It's basically a brand new one, you just don't get a cradle with it. Comes with Nintendo Land which is a fine free-adition and good to play while you wait to buy a game if you're poor.
>>
>>313088246
>>313088392
I can shell out cash for a $900 PC, but would I get a better deal on the Wii U or the PC at the beginning of next year compared to the holiday season?
>>
>>313089257
Wii U price won't go down after the holiday season.

PC parts will. They're always going down.
>>
>>313089257
Well, both will probably go on sale around black Friday. I think the PC would be a better deal per se right now as you already have a large Steam library. And Wii U games are pretty expensive most of the time. Get the Best Buy game membership if you have one nearby, 20% off new games adds up quickly.
>>
>>313089393
Would you expect, for example, an i7 processor to drop in price significantly next year?
>>
>>313089739
Absolutely yes, maybe not right away but throughout the year? Definitely.
>>
>>313089739
There will probably be sales around black Friday/cyber Monday. Also I wouldn't buy an i7 for gaming unless you just want to brag and show off or if you actually use the power for media editing or something of that nature.
>>
>>313090116
I want to get the most out of a PC. I would definitely do some editing as a hobby, but pc games are good and cheap.
>>
>>313090726
Believe me, you'll still get a lot of power out of an i5. An i7 is quite a bit more expensive for only a little bit more power, and only in certain applications.
I have an i7 because I had a lot of money to spend when I built my computer, but an i5 would hardly be worse.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.