[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
New Styx game announced. Runs on Unreal 4. Only one screenshot
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: Styx-Shards-of-Darkness-feature.jpg (184 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
Styx-Shards-of-Darkness-feature.jpg
184 KB, 1366x768
New Styx game announced. Runs on Unreal 4. Only one screenshot released.

What are /v/'s thoughts on the last one?
>>
It was a solid pure stealth game. I thought it was really good. Glad it's getting a sequel.
>>
http://www.styx-thegame.com/en/news/36-shards-of-darkness-styx-will-be-back-in-2016.html

>Styx: Shards of Darkness, with a bigger budget, bigger ideas, and a new engine: Unreal 4.
Why does this sound like a red flag?
>>
>>313067154
I loved Styx, was like a third person Dishonored.
>>
>>313067814

Because better budget =/= better game.

Styx worked because even though it was janky, it still was at it's heart a decent stealth game with cool ideas you didn't see explored anymore. The game is in that economic middle of having more of a budget than your typical indiegame but it wasn't near AAA quality. It was a solid $30 experience.

This seems like they want to push it as a franchise. I hope they don't fuck it up.
>>
>>313068351
If it means that they will have the budget to make it so they don't start going through their levels in reverse after half the game then count me in. I loved that Goblin bastard
>>
File: 1391521610373.png (87 KB, 285x285) Image search: [Google]
1391521610373.png
87 KB, 285x285
>>313068351
>>313068682

The problem of Cyanide is that they make all their games on a shoestring budget, how twisted your mind has to be to somehow think them getting a bigger budget because Styx performed well is bad ?
>>
>>313068351
Better budget with current devs (yea yea Cyanide Studios blah blah blah, I feel like they redeemed themselves with how they handled Styx when it came out with broken as fuck controls) does = better game experience.
>>
>>313068918
Usually a bigger budget means a bigger financial risk, which results in a game playing it safe to appeal to more people. In other words, gameplay is usually streamlined in order to not turn away people.
>>
>>313069057
Dude Cyanide and Focus are second division studios that make good games that would be even better with enough money, they're not Bioware who'll invest everything in cock armor or tattoos for the devteam who got laid off 3 months after launch.
>>
>>313069256

Well, alot of their games had alot of potential but it was always marred by flaws or unfinished ideas. Lets see how a "bigger" game under their belt pans out.
>>
Nothing sold me on the last game.

Weird AI, terrible platforming, OP abilities...
>>
>>313069057
You probably thought that sounded smart in your head
>>
>>313069428
I don't care what it sounds like.
At least tell me why you think I'm wrong.
>>
>>313069417
Honestly I played it this summer on PC and had no issue with the platforming apart from a couple death in 15 hours of playing.

Abilities were OP but Amber was hard to get and using clones well was fun.
>>
>>313069530
> thoses devs made good games limited by their budget
> therefore having a better budget means they'll stop making good games

You're a contrarian retard tbh
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.