[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Shay a dishonorable traitor for turning against the Assassins
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
Is Shay a dishonorable traitor for turning against the Assassins or did he have good reason to do so?
Would have Colonial Assassins listened if he hadn't been so panicked?
>>
>>313059201
from his point of view, betraying the assassins was the only way
>>
The Assassins are retarded. Shay did nothing wrong in betraying them.

Seriously, name one good cause the Assassins did past AC: Rev.
>>
>>313059494
They fought for your freedom
>>
>>313059602
>implying the templars dont have a better philosophy
>>
>>313059372
From his point of view, the Assassins are evil.
>>
Is this considered a main line game? I already own every main one, none of the dlc or spinoffs because usually I don't care for them if they're no advancing the plot very much.
>>
Both of them were retarded.

Shay's betrayal was caused because he decided to run into the room of his leader in the middle of the night and shout at him about things the Assassins not only didn't know about, nor did they understand, and deride all of them. Yeah, it's on Achilles for not listening to Shay, but at the same time Shay just immediately betrays them as soon as possible and couldn't even wait a day to calm down and explain his side of the story.

The Assassins were retarded because Hope not only bitched out Shay which didn't help, but had his best friend hold him back from attacking Achilles, and had Achilles pull the "HOW DARE YOU QUESTION ME" nonsense which really didn't help the situation.

Shay barely caring about killing anyone past the one guy who spied on the Templars and Achilles was really idiotic as well. One chat with that general guy and suddenly he's okay with murdering his friends because they -might- make a poison out of some sleeping gas some day down the road.

>>313059808
Technically it is. It's more important than Revelations and explains a bunch of stuff from 3, 4, and some stuff in Unity.
>>
>>313059808
>Is this considered a main line game?
Yes
At least not a spinoff
And first AC game in years with actually likeable character
>>
>>313060254

>Edward
>not likable
>>
>>313060247
>Shay's betrayal was caused because he decided to run into the room of his leader in the middle of the night and shout at him about things the Assassins not only didn't know about, nor did they understand, and deride all of them.
Well, he was unhappy about many things.
I was surprised that he didn't left after assassins high fived each other after killing two helpless old men
>>
>>313060459
Too moralfag for my tastes
This time he was just an edgy moralfag
>>
>>313059201
He's a fucking idiot and as much as I want to I can't take his "turning point" serious.

Also I don't like how the Assassins are literally retarded in Rogue. They managed to make them look like idiots so that you easily simpathize with the Templars.
>>
File: 1444766234833.jpg (278 KB, 1125x681) Image search: [Google]
1444766234833.jpg
278 KB, 1125x681
>>313060247
>>
File: 1431059631376.jpg (33 KB, 297x480) Image search: [Google]
1431059631376.jpg
33 KB, 297x480
>>313060254
>with actually likeable character
Dude, what? Barely anything about Shay was likable. He was a guy who relished killing the Templars, then just suddenly starts questioning killing an old man, then goes back to relishing the murders, then suddenly it's "Fuck the Assassins, they're evil" and he goes and wholesale slaughters them with barely any remorse while talking about luck.

>>313060459
It took him 12 sequences before he became likable. Like, it took all of his friends dying, and a harsh reality check before you even cared about him at all. Prior to that he was a dick selling out everyone to the highest bidder, then he suddenly grows a conscience immediately after he does it and decides to help them(But only because of money).

>>313060567
The doubt for killing the men coupled with that one asshole sailor Assassin felt forced in my opinion. Like, you'd think it was the straw that broke the camel's back, but nope.

>>313060760
>Also I don't like how the Assassins are literally retarded in Rogue. They managed to make them look like idiots so that you easily simpathize with the Templars.
>That first mission after you betray the Order.
>Suddenly the Templars are the nicest guys ever while the Assassins are the idiotic bad guys who seem to be doing sneaky stuff.
>Gist is basically the nicest guy ever to Shay up until like the last one or two sailing missions where he said he would have slaughtered him where he stood
Haytham was like the only one who was brutal.
>>
>>313061049
Sometimes I wish Unity had been delayed a year and Rogue got more time so that it could release as the main game of 2014.
>>
>>313061049
>The doubt for killing the men coupled with that one asshole sailor Assassin felt forced in my opinion. Like, you'd think it was the straw that broke the camel's back, but nope.
For me it really was like straw that broke the camel's back, he questioned assassins from the start
Like his disgust about helping france in one place and fight against them in the another or calling assassins out about how they can talk about personal freedom while preaching blind obedience
>>
>>313061246
Completely agree, having like six sequences with two or three missions felt so fast, and they couldn't give anyone the time of day regarding characterization on either side. Hell, you kill Hope and Shay acts like she was the most important person ever, but then you kill his best friend from childhood and he barely cares yet bargains with Haytham for Achilles' life?

>>313061550
He kept on killing though. it wasn't until he destroy the city that he actually starts truly questioning what he stands for. He'll question the Assassins on their goals and what they do, sure, but he was still along for the ride.
>>
>>313059201
Yes
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.