[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>it's better to play 3 good video games for 1000 hours
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
>it's better to play 3 good video games for 1000 hours each than to play 300 mediocre video games for 10 hours each

agree or disagree, /v/? I've noticed some people just tear through game after game and never really get into competitive online games or games that are basically massive timesinks.
>>
File: 144051801176.jpg (133 KB, 919x720) Image search: [Google]
144051801176.jpg
133 KB, 919x720
>>313055432
Who cares anon, just play video games
>>
>>313055520
i'm just curious as to how people on /v/ play games, people play them in different ways
>>
>1000 hours
Seeing as how I don't touch multiplayer (no friends and I don't like online mp), 80 is the maximum for me and even then, it better be a good 80. Recently finished tales of the Abyss, holy shit that padding. Last half of the game is basically

>Go here for story event
>Go there for story event
>Go back to the first place for story event
>Long ass dungeon with an irritating design
>Boss battle
>Go to three more places for story events

Jesus at least warp me instantly if you're gonna be lazy and stretch the game out like that.
>>
>>313055432
Why are weeaboo niggers so based?
>>
>>313055891
yeah, can't really relate, but I know a lot of people who enjoy playing games the same kind of way. basically my way of playing games is I'd rather play a competitive game with actually 0 story but good game mechanics for 1000 hours than play an rpg or something for 10 hours. rpgs bore me to tears.

i've probably played a few thousands hours of street fighter iv at this point (although I played a lot of 3s and sf2 when I was younger, sfiv was the game that had good online matchmaking and lots of players). starcraft 2 is still one of my favourite games, I've been playing it on and off for a few hours every now and then since 2010 (even though I'm terrible at it). that and contrary to /v/ i've pretty much been loving the shit out of mgsv, played the whole series but this is my favourite game just cause of the mechanics. still testing out the waters with mgo (only put in 30 hours so far) but it seems really fun at the moment.

>>313056239
idk fam, it's just in our blood.
>>
In my experience, people who sink too much time into one game generally don't know shit about video games.

They're the video game equivalent of a Star Wars fanboy. I've got nothing against them either, but it's not like you'd respect one of those for their vast knowledge of cinema.
>>
>>313055432

Agree.

Almost every game I start I never finish because neither the gameplay motivates me nor the story. Finding a game with that much reply value means it's exceptional in one or both regards.

It's also a nice feeling when a dev does such a good job you feel like they would actually sit and play with you, short campaigns make me feel like both my money and time is disposable - no good feels there.
>>
>>313055432
either i play them for a long time or dont, i dont choose it, it just happens
>>
I've had over 10,000 hours playtime in Super Smash Bros... That's over a year of my life.
>>
I'm scared about too long games. The backlog never ends! I don't usually focus on end-game contents, am I wrong? For example, I just beated SotN recently and I still have to complete the castle because I moved to ankttgane immediately
>>
>>313056554

Except the typical star wars fanboy (like a lot of the 1000 hours players, I suppose) is incapable of seeing their favourite things as fallible.

In my experience they are as bad as the 300 game players but in a different way; who wants to play 3000 hours of shit gameplay entirely motivated by cheap thrills?

I'd rather have a civil, even if opinionated, conversation with someone who likes just a few things rather than one with someone who has a very shallow approach to consumption.
>>
>>313057096
Another game*
>>
>>313057106
look at it this way, do you see some guy who wants to spend tens of hours of his life doing something like say, fishing or playing tennis as someone who's wasting his time?

tennis is the sport that comes to mind as being the most similar to something like street fighter, a very back and forth kind of game where dominant play ends the match very quickly. even something like counter strike requires you to spend a lot of time being very good with reactions, hand eye coordination, spatial awareness, etc. people who like to play competitive games are kind of the same way: they'd rather get very good at one game they find very rewarding than to spend plenty of time playing games that are 50% movies or fetch quest type games. i mean yes, there are single player games with original kind of gameplay, but a lot of the time it feels like a truly original and interesting single player game is hard to come by.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.