[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do open world MMOFPS games fail? >FireFall Failed fucking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
Why do open world MMOFPS games fail?

>FireFall
Failed fucking HARD

>PlanetSide 2
Player numbers falling every day
>>
>>313034018
I still play FireFall.

They're reworking it again. We're really hoping this gives us a boost in population.
>>
>>313034018
PS2 is just too grindy and heavy on p2w.
Otherwise it's a better Battlefield, because it's not just a battle field, it's a Warcontinent. Actually different continents on different planets. And in this case it's all about scale, so it does what it supposed to do pretty well.
>>
>>313034168
>again
This is at least the fourth time they've tried.
>>
>>313034168
They're reworking it AGAIN?

Isn't this like the sixth time? What the hell?
>>
I played firefall for a bit; it was pretty fun, but it was too glitchy and the mechanics were boring
>>
First, Fantasy MMOs always do better than SiFi MMOs.

Second, the people that enjoy FPS games as their main games normally don't mesh well with people that like MMOs as their main games.
>>
>>313034241
They're continents on the same planet, dimwit. Why do you think it's called Battle for Auraxis?
>>
>>313035775
Yeah, yeah, whatever. I'm not autistic enough to care about such minor details.
>>
>>313035208
What's SiFi? You mean sci-fi?
>>
How long has PS2 been out?
>>
A combination of repetitive gameplay and pay to win gradually turns people off
>>
>>313036806

Am I the only one bothered by the puddle-depth of in-game lore of these games?

Same goes for most new MMOs not just mmofps, especially sci-fi

I just cringe listening to the extremely generic setup/story which is really just an excuse to
>hurr 2-3 factions
>u fight eachother for dis reason
>go

IT takes so little to give factions some personality and thus personal attachment, just look at Tribes:A
Yet instead the most they bother with is visuals.
>>
>>313034018
Because they're badly designed and unintuitive clusterfucks that either throw an absurdly unbalanced amount of shit into the same area or only offer small scale PvP that every single console FPS already does and does it better.
>>
>>313036379
Long enough to be good and then be garbage like every other MMO
>>
>>313037093
Didn't Tribes start as a single player game with tacked on MP? And only then turned into the opposite of itself?
>>
>>313038160

Yes Tribes has a hilarious dev history considering its main feature was a bug.

But I only meant Ascend now, all you have to go on is the in-game banter of characters - and yet /v/ still had personal attachment to the sides they played atleast to some extent.

PS2? I don't even know the faction names, I think I'm the purple one
MMOs? Fucking same

All I know if its an MMOFPS shooter one side will have the word "terra" in it.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.