[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Remember when the FGC and SRK were shilling this fucking garbage
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5
Remember when the FGC and SRK were shilling this fucking garbage because it had the Capcom logo on it?

Remember when tourney players were saying how good it was and hiding the fact that there was this gem nonsense hidden within the game?

Remember when this game died a quiet death?

I remember because I'm not a fucking GOLDFISH like most retards that play video games. Anyone that takes the FGC community seriously is a retard.
>>
File: 1439830659586.jpg (25 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1439830659586.jpg
25 KB, 500x375
>>313010743
No, because everyone knew that game was crap.

Please go back to your tr4sh.
/thread
>>
It was a great game once they patched it. Probably the best sf game.
>>
File: 1352238160873.jpg (120 KB, 456x337) Image search: [Google]
1352238160873.jpg
120 KB, 456x337
>>313010743
They still think MvC is worth being competitive about.
>>
>>313011023
Lemme guess, you play smash babies?
>>
>>313011387
Nigger I haven't owned a Nintendo console since giving my Gamecube to my cousins years ago.

But if you just like flashy fighting games without real depth that's your deal.
>>
You know what I remember?

When you made this thread yesterday and got no replies. Faggot.
>>
>>313010961
And yet nobody is playing it now? People still play KOF and it has even less reason to have any attention than SFxT.
>>
>>313010743
It was a great game. Based around a solid ground game with footsies and hit confirms. Gems were there for the casuals to try and give them something different. Not really meant for tournament play.

It died because it was too hard for how casual 90% of the FGC is. There was no comeback mechanic, there was no auto footsies tool like focus, and there was virtually no way to make yourself self after making a bad decision like FADC.

Tourney players aren't sponsored by capcom. There was no reason to lie and shill the game for them.
>>
>>313011609
so what games do you play that have "real depth"?

also define this concept of "real depth" so I can laugh at you lol
>>
>>313011747
People still play KOF because its pretty much SNKs only fighting game. People continued to play 3rd Strike for 10 years because it was the only main Street Fighter game. Thats just how it works with fighting games. You stick with the latest main version of a company's game until a new one comes out.
>>
>>313011970
But people play 98 and 2k2 AND XIII.
>>
File: rescue cat.jpg (50 KB, 544x544) Image search: [Google]
rescue cat.jpg
50 KB, 544x544
>>313010743
It was actually really fun.

The gems were optional, and tourney fags are called fags for a reason.
>>
File: 200_s.gif (39 KB, 304x200) Image search: [Google]
200_s.gif
39 KB, 304x200
>>313012287
come now, tourney fags is a smash bros. term, applied to faggots who change the rules of the game into something they want (turning off items, banning stages, denying certain tactics), not necessarily what the game is designed as. Pretty difficult to do that in other fighting games as they are designed from the get-go to be played in such a way and are actually designed for it.

People who compete in tournaments are not necessarily tourney fags nor are people who play casually necessarily not tourney fags, its only when they get bent out of shape about the rules and e-peening and playing with "honor" or whatever the fuck they wanna call it that they are then dubbed "tourney fags"
>>
SFxT was only really "fun" for novelty purposes, but the gameplay just became irritatingly boring competitively. It's like Smash4, it's no good competitively. That's why people don't want to play it anymore at tourneys. Otherwise they would actually have people asking for it to be played at tourneys so they can enter it. And there is a version you can buy with every character unlocked from the start so DLC is no excuse.
>>
>>313012758
>And there is a version you can buy with every character unlocked from the start so DLC is no excuse.
where?
>>
>>313014081
>>313012758
it better not be fucking steam
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.