[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Okay, I just had a copy of this fall in my lap. I tried the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: dragon_age_inquisition-wide1.jpg (235 KB, 800x500) Image search: [Google]
dragon_age_inquisition-wide1.jpg
235 KB, 800x500
Okay, I just had a copy of this fall in my lap.

I tried the first one back when it came out. While it seemed to get a lot of praise, it felt boring, bland and uninspired to me. Granted I had just finished tons of Demon's Souls.

So I never got more than a couple hours into the first, heard the second sucked. Is this one really a solid, worthwhile 60+ hour experience? Unique enough? Or more just a pretty blend of wrpg/fantasy tropes with Bioware narrative?
>>
>>313008442
dont bother
its shit
inb4 fanboys come to defend
>>
The best review I could give it was it wasn't as great as Origins, but it was way better than DA2.
gameplay wise its alright, but kind of dull, rumors how they originally were planning an MMO with the engine but swiftly converted it to DAI seems likely based on most of the sidequests.
>>
>>313008442
why bother if you didnt liked the first DA and did not played the second? just move along nothing to see here.
>>
The gameplay is nothing like demon souls, and I will give you a medal if you manage the amazing feat of dying even once in this game, even on the hardest setting.

Its a better game than dragon age 2, which is not saying much.

The gameplay is like playing a offline mmo, and that is very fucking bad, playing as a warrior is boring and almost pointless, magic is 100% generic and uninteresting, rogues will play themselves while you watch the game playing itself.

The plot is really weird, you have one bad guy who wasted thousand of years to finnaly be able to crack open the sky and get inside the fade again, on the other hand you have a average human mage that managed to master time travel in less than a week even trough he was rather busy mind breaking elf sluts.

Its really weird when a minor villain manages to do something much more impressive than all dragons age major villains combined. And yet the game forces you waste time hunting a guy who was at best a dlc boss from the last game.
>>
>>313008692
That's interesting, about the development I mean.

>>313008981
I always thought maybe I should've gone back and given the first one more of a chance, but if Inquisition was separate enough and better, maybe that instead.

>>313010228
Yeah I know they really are nothing alike in terms of gameplay or presentation. Describing it like you did makes me wary...if there's not much challenge or good interaction with the mechanics, the the world/story/characterization would have to carry me.
>>
>>313010882
>then* the world

I'll probably give it a shot and see how it draws me in (or doesn't). Not expecting much.
>>
It's alright, by all means it should be dogshit but the RPG market is so undersaturated it gets away with it.

Play a human rogue/warrior or the story wont make sense, and play on at least hard.

Try not to get caught up in the shitty MMO tier side quests, try to wrap things up asap and you have a decent enough game. Also get some of the mods off the nexus that fix some gameplay related issues.
>>
Play on the easiest diff and it becomes a comfy game, play on hard like suggested above and it becomes an annoying game where you have to do micromanaging bullshit with the weapon upgrading and such, play it as a comfy game like i'm doing, it's enjoyable and loot grinding free, no worries, just enjoy the atmosphere and characters while going on mildly difficult journeys across the land. I am gonna play it now.
>>
>play female elf
>decide to romance solas because I read spoilers and I was curious what happens
>solas wants to remove my face tattoo
>assume it's required to advance the relationship
>relationship ends immediately after regardless
>realize I've permanently exiled my character from her clan
>instant regret

I have no interest in the dlc is solas the boss of the most recent one? Does he die? Not that it matters with bioware
>>
>>313011950
What are you talking about shitlord? I played the entire thing on nightmare and i didnt once die or have to use tactical mode outside of boss fights (where it is actually fun to use tactical mode)

Game on easy turns it into a shitty visual novel.
>>
>>313008442
tis boring shite
>>
fucking dolphin simulator
>>
>>313010882
>I always thought maybe I should've gone back and given the first one more of a chance, but if Inquisition was separate enough and better, maybe that instead.
First one is good, I can see how it wouldn't interest somebody though. I don't think the word uninspiring really describes it. But like others have said if you cant enjoy the first then no point in trying anything after. DA had a lot of potential but took a nose dive at DA2.

If you feel like you wanna give it a shot then give a shot, but be warned DA:I actually IS bland and uninspiring. I could list reasons why it's bad but it would require a second post. Hate it say it, but trust us on this one, it's just plain bad, it didn't really do anything right besides a decent story that barely takes up 10% of the game.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.