[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If you just started playing this game, reveal yourself. What
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 39
File: download (4).jpg (9 KB, 189x240) Image search: [Google]
download (4).jpg
9 KB, 189x240
If you just started playing this game, reveal yourself.

What are your thoughts? Have any questions? They will be answered.
>>
>>321681665
>explore area
>kill stuff
>make it semi far
>die
>fuck it
>run through to where you died
>keep running through until shortcut
>die because of mobs chasing ass
>use shortcut
>kill boss
>get lost again
>>
>>321682265
u madman
>>
I CANT GET PAST THE FIRST FUCKING WEREWOLF! Do I seriously need to play Dark Souls before BB to stand a change against enemies? This is fucking nightmare fuel and it's first fucking enemy.
>>
Level 40 something just beat that wolf bitch at the chapel thanks to some random guy I summoned. Beat that twin witch soloed her ass and I feel like I'm not supposed to be there yet.

Am I missing anything from the first map?
>>
>>321683338
The first wolf in the clinic you wake up in? Or the first boss? Either way use the target mode and learn the pattern and parry/dodge
>>
I've been playing here and there for like 4 months and only up to the forbidden woods. I feel like I stress to much about farming and getting every item. The game is so good though, I just feel like the pacing is slow but only because I'm a newb.
>>
>>321683571

After you create your character and walk down the stairs this mother fucker just waits there. I don't even have weapons yet. Absolute dogshit. I knew this was going to be hard but seriously it's been almost 2 hours and I simply cant deal with this asshat munching around anymore.
>>
>>321681665
Can someone summarize the story?
>>
I AM BECOME CAULIFLOWER
>>
>>321683951
Oh the very first guy, naw man just wait for him to attack, dodge, attack him a few times, Dodge rinse and repeat. Don't fret about it to much every enemy has a pattern just learn it and kill it.
>>
sickdark witcher ripoff
sell it and get dark souls 2
>>
>>321683951
Are you retarded?
>>
>>321684129
>You are Ill and need this shit called Paleblood
>Yharnam is the home of blood ministration
>But the town is being fucked over by beasts
>Only way to survive is to become a Hunter
>Off you go
>>
>>321681665
only started playing it due to not having a ps4 but so far its pretty good
>>
>>321683951
On the off chance you're not baiting, when you die and get sent to the Hunter's Dream there are free weapons on the steps.
>>
>>321684361
Why you gotta be rude anon?

Listen other anon it's a game not everyone is good at, especially if you've only plaid action games. You need to slow down and learn to git gud.
>>
>>321684672
No, you need to learn how to equip a weapon
>>
>>321684672
Don't tell me you actually bought that retards bait?
>>
>>321683839
Farming in the woods is the hardest because the layout is so chaotic. I understand how you feel, once you pass that area things get a bit more linear so you can focus more on the game

>>321683461
I couldn't tell you m8 because I dont know.

>>321683951
I think you're supposed to die there, I mean you can beat him but once you die, don't you get teleported to the dream and get your weapons? Look around there man, once you get your wep he is ez pz.
>>
>>321683951
>I don't even have weapons yet

I know you're shitposting now. When he kills you the first time it sends you to the dream and you pick up your starter weapon and firearm. Stop shitposting retard.

Bloodborne doesn't have an asylum demon moment.
>>
>>321684923
Not everyone is a pro neet anon :^)
>>
got it for christmas, I prefer the souls games still. Probably because it was more comfy
>>
I literally just bought it five minutes ago. Only thing I remember from all the threads in the past is that insight lets me see things.
Looking forward to this.
>>
>>321685171
Ahh being le epic trolled well played
>>321683461
Nah if you've done Old Yarnham then it's time to trigger the night by touching the skull.
>>
I just want to say, how you approach this game mentally will change how you experience and enjoy the game.

If you approach the game with fear and feel as if you were thrown into an unforgiving world where you are the hunted, the game will be scary, stressful and sometimes unenjoyable.

If you approach the game with the mentality in which you embody a hunter, believe you were thrown into the chaotic world with a purpose and enemies are your prey then you will have a different experience.

Throughout the game you will take on both these roles inevitably, that's what makes the game so good because it fully imerses you
>>
Orphan caused Blood Addling
Moon Presence caused Beast Scourge
Cainhurst Nobles are the remnants of the Pthumeru civilization
The baby is Mergo
Mergo's parents are Oedon and Queen Yharnam
The Nightmare is one big multilayered dimension
Kin are things that were human at one point or have their origins in humanity
Djura is right, beasts are people.
>>
>>321681665
>Played all souls game
>Play this
>Get ridiculously lost, everything looks the same
>Have seen a couple of gameplay videos vs bosses
>Kill every single boss in 2-3 tries, including orphan
>Except rom, get raped by his spiders like 9 times
>beat game
>Make like 4 new characters with fucked up stats
>Finally on a good character for once
>Speedran chalice dungeons
>Now losing to amelia and cleric beast like 5 times in a row

pretty gud
>>
>>321685367
Have fun, in fact go play the game now seriously.
>>
>>321684129
>Ur dying m8
>Yarhnam has the cure
>If u want the cure u gotta become a hunter since the town is getting molested by monsters
>U become hunter
>Unlike any other retard hunter youre actually pretty gud
>Literally everything in Yarhnam is tied to the church
>Well ill go to the church
>See sum shit
>Apparently the church has been creating beasts
>Also theres a lot of faggots trying to someone great ones (gods)
>You kill everything (including some great ones)
>You also kill a great one that was actually summoned (mergo)
>the end
>oh and it was all a dream
>>
It's fun, but fuck whoever thought farming healing items was a good idea. That wasn't fun in Demon's Souls and it still isn't. Limited supply creates tension, sure, but it just becomes tedious when you're stuck on something.
>>
>>321685367
Before you make any choices you regret

Saw cleaver is for general play, and is a good choice no matter what character build you go for.

Hunter axe is for strength builds and hits hard with high stagger

Threaded cane is for skill builds and is fast and is a little weak early on, but gets better when you upgrade it and the scaling goes up, don't give up on it if you like the moveset.
>>
>>321685571
Aye aye cap'n.
Wish me luck.
>>
>>321685828
You're not supposed to farm vials, improve your doge/parry the game is difficult but it shouldnt be farming vials difficult
>>
>>321685460
Where do you get all the Mergo lore? I never found anything that really clued me in to who he was. You can somewhat assume that he's the bastard of Yharnam and a Great One and maybe the first of his kind but I haven't pieced together anything beyond that.
>>
File: wbdY2xw.jpg (1 MB, 2047x1884) Image search: [Google]
wbdY2xw.jpg
1 MB, 2047x1884
I accidentally started NG+ and am now back at the beginning. Do I need to finish the game AGAIN to play the DLC?
>>
Great game, giving it a rest after getting up to the shadows of Yharnam and dying lots.
Prob need to level up more.
Kirkhammer is good.
>>
>>321685850
Hunter axe is quality you cunt.
>>
>>321686183
You can enter the DLC after you finish Amelia (4th boss)
>>
File: 1445277318499.png (61 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1445277318499.png
61 KB, 500x375
>>321686269
>B strength scaling
>D dex scaling

Do you not know what Quality is? By your definition every weapon in the game would be quality.
>>
>>321686183
>Another bloody mary as a garnish
Brilliant. The pizza is really funny but another drink just takes it over the top.
>>
File: 1449643756636.gif (892 KB, 500x269) Image search: [Google]
1449643756636.gif
892 KB, 500x269
>>321685876
>he is going to experience Bloodborne for the first time

>>321686183
kek I think so man, don't worry you should be pretty well versed by now.
>>
>>321686036
No there's really no reason something as basic as healing should be an item you get through drops or shops. Dark Souls already had it perfect with estus. I understand these games are not exactly for casuals, but there should never be a moment when a newer player is grinding a tough boss and suddenly finds themselves with an unmanageable handicap. That doesn't promote gitting gud, it just causes people to get frustrated and drop the game.
>>
File: 1442941071742s.jpg (2 KB, 125x93) Image search: [Google]
1442941071742s.jpg
2 KB, 125x93
>>321681665
I'm really enjoying it so far, just got past Gascoigne. The only complaint I have is that the fps is hard to get used to after pretty much only playing pc games for the past ear
>>
>>321686172
>The baby is formless with nothing but a voice
>Oedon is formless with nothing but a voice
>Queen Yharnam seems deeply concerned for Mergo's welfare
>Queen Yharnam is wearing a ring of betrothal
>Mergo is an active participant in the Queen Yharnam fight right down to some of her attacks involving her stroking her swollen womb to make him use arcane magic
>Blood Rapture says the Queen carried the "Child of Blood"
>The essence of Oedon is blood.

make sense yet?
>>
>>321686518
>there's really no reason something as basic as healing should be an item you get through drops or shops
>>
>>321686436
Nope.
quality is pretty clear cut in bb

if it gives you more points in the other stat after 25 it is quality.

That is basic math you fucking idiot

almost all quality weapons scale initially better with strength. Except only I think the saw spear

A strength weapon is the best with a strength build meaning even after 25 it would still be better to go into strenght instead of skill.
Same with skill.
>>
>>321685068
Not him, but the first time I saw those things on the steps I thought they were messages and ran past them.
>>
It's pretty good so far. Only thing I dislike is how you're forced to die at the start, I ran past the first werewolf and continued through Central Yharnam, eventually getting killed by a peasant.
In Old Yharnam right now, just attempted Blood-starved Beast for the 1st time but the fucker killed me in his last form. Seems pretty easy overall though.
>>
>>321686573
So the baby being formless and only a voice is canon? I figured it never shows up because it's a dream or because From drew the line at showing infant mutilation.
>>
>>321687073
>Only thing I dislike is how you're forced to die at the start

If you're autistic enough you can run all the way through Yharnam to the sewers and grab the saw spear without ever dying.

Or you could just use the lantern and return to the dream without having to die.
>>
File: Bloodborneâ„¢_20150419225006.jpg (491 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Bloodborneâ„¢_20150419225006.jpg
491 KB, 1920x1080
>not lining your brain with eyes
>>
>>321687091
It's empty. I've had people try to dismiss it with excuses, but it's one of the final bosses in the game and a major plot climax. It also explains why the crying is audible everywhere.
>>
>>321687198
I reached the lantern, I did run away a lot tho.
>>
Got rekd on Gassy four times until I learned to DODGE! and then smoked him.

Now getting hammered by the guy on the gatling gun at the top of the tower.

Explored other parts but need a password to get into some church basement.
>>
>>321687387
>I reached the lantern

Well then you weren't forced to die.
>>
Can't find a fun weapon. Used cleaver, axe, and tonitrus for awhile, but basically all they're good for is R1 spam and an occasional R2 from the axe.

For being called trick weapons, nothing I've found so far seems very tricky. No stabby ricard's rapier, no spin2win halberd, no santiers, etc
>>
>>321687248
I thought this was an ASSassree style screenshot just hair and eyes.
>>
>>321687486
I'm not that other poster.
>>
Just finished the Old Hunters for the second time. First as BLT/SKL, second as STR/ARC.

I swear to god, I have no idea why some bosses are easy as fuck on one run and hard as fuck on the other. I was level 80 on my BLT/SKL character and fucked the DLC over on my first try. Ludwig went down without a hitch. Then suddenly I switch to my 110 ARC character with all these cool tools and whatnot and I'm getting my fucking ass handed to me by every boss except Maria. Kos took me two fucking hours, holy shit. I got so angry I screamed multiple times. This is on a character that fucking burns through Depth 5 Chalice Dungeons while the BLT character struggles through them like slugs through salt.

Absolutely fantastic game, though. The sense of satisfaction you get when you finally bring down the boss you've been struggling with is unparalleled.
>>
>>321687523
How is the hunter axe not almost exactly like the spin2win halberd.

Not sure how far you are into the game but try to get to Cainhurst. I feel like you would like the weapon you find there.
>>
>>321687248
exactly what is happening here
>>
>>321687437
>Explored other parts but need a password to get into some church basement.

You get that from killing Vicar Amelia and then getting a cutscene
>>
>>321686269
Hunter's axe is literally the Drake Sword of BB.
The Saw cleaver is a much better all around weapon all game.
>>
I'm at the wolves on the bridge. When is the next fucking checkpoint
>>
>>321687523
Hunter's Axe has a charged spin-to-win R2, and the Reiterpallasch is pretty good for a rapier, but the real fun weapons are a lot tougher to find than the Tonitrus. The most fun weapons in the base game are the Chikage, the Blades of Mercy and the Threaded Cane, but the real good shit is in the DLC (I'm talking Whirligig Saw, Holy Moonlight Sword, Rakuyo, et cetera).
>>
>>321687786
Quality meaning a weapon scaling equally well with strength and dex/skill
Its a demon's souls term.
>>
>>321687523

>spin2win halberd

Pick up the hunters axe, go trick form, hold R2, then when they get up hold R2 again, you got your spin to win.
>>
>>321687523

>ricard's rapier

There is a rapier. Go to cainhurst

>spin2win halberd

I think you were using the axe wrong

>santiers

rifle spear/saw spear
>>
>>321687878
Past them up ahead lol, or go kill cascoigne.
>>
>>321687774

I haven't even found her yet.

Just fought the two hunters down by the well thing, then ran the only other way from that area to find a big, empty circular room that had been guarded by two snipers and two big axe trolls.
>>
>>321687320
No, no. That actually makes a shit ton of sense. I really wish this game had a better fleshed out lore. Piecing fucking everything together through vague item descriptions is annoying. Bloodborne basically has my dream 10/10 universe (Edwardian Gothic + Lovecraftian Cosmic horror) but it's all so sparse.
>>
>>321688050
Vicar Amelia is in the giant church on the stairs.
>>
>>321687878
Spring past them, cut a hard left down some stairs, find the stairs on the right side in the dark house, exit through the door on the left of the first floor, and go straight ahead until you reach a lantern. If it sounds overwhelming, the wolves can't follow you into the building. Just keep running.
>>
>>321687878
you don't have to fight them, but right next them you open up a shortcut to the bridge from the first lamp by going through a dark house and opening up the gate beyond it
>>
What's a good build to maximize the bowblade?
>>
what is the best weapon lads? I've veen using the saw spear for ages. Might go out hunting for a new wep if there are any better ones
>>
File: punishedblondie.jpg (37 KB, 396x351) Image search: [Google]
punishedblondie.jpg
37 KB, 396x351
I fucking love Bloodborne. I've played it for more than 600 hours and I'm still not sick of it. I wasn't crazy about the game until the DLC, but now it's almost as good as Demon's Souls.
>>
>>321688271
I like the kekhammer and the sawblade. With the whip on the side.
>>
>>321688118
there's a lot of lore but it's all very speculative, much more than any previous souls game

it's deep enough so that if you sink your teeth into it there's a lot to uncover though
>>
>>321688326
The DLC really made the game.
It is so good it almost makes me angry because some of this shit should've been in the base game. Like the fucking Beast form for example.
>>
>>321686269
I've beaten the game with all 3 starting weapons, saw is much better than the axe because the speed makes it easy to stunlock werewolves

Saw > axe > cane because cane has pretty shit damage
>>
>>321688502
WAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH WAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH MY MEME MODE WAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
>>
>>321688486
And the uncovering aspect is how it should be. Lovecraft's stories revolved around letters and testimonials and profane relics. There just needs to be way more. I want some Metroid Prime level shit.
>>
>>321688502
I agree. The weapons are obscenely better. I can't even imagine not having the Holy Moonlight Sword or the Whirligig Saw or Church Pick. It sucks that the DLC is SO goddamned hard because even though it's accessible fairly early on you simply cannot tackle it that early in the game.
>>
>>321688826
see >>321687969
Quality doesn't mean it is better.
Quality means it is a weapon best used with both strength and dex

Saw Cleaver is also a quality weapon.
>>
>>321681665
Didn't like demons souls. Something about the move me t system. Tried dark souls 1. Loved it. Got bloodborne with Xmas money. It's beautiful. I like that it's broad daylight for everything so far. Getting used to dodging instead of blocking was a bit of a trial. Also really liked that the safe zone was more like demons souls. I like it being it's own area. Also liking the trick weapon combos.
>>
>>321688271
Before the DLC I'd probably say

Holy blade and chikage, now with the DLC it's the pizzacutter. Haven't used all of the other new weapons but the consensus is the pizzacutter.
>>
File: The_one_reborn.png (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
The_one_reborn.png
1 MB, 1280x720
So im doing my first playthrough and im currently stuck on The one reborn boss. I only have a saw cleaver 8+ and im level 67.

Any tips? or do I need to level up some more befor I fight him?
>>
>>321684129
https://docs.google.com/document/u/1/d/1k7ST7Ysc9I3s6zLXr-DOzWjoAtu6afOOCaU3ucCdBDk/mobilebasic
>>
>>321688903
That is not even an argument did you have a stroke?
Gascoigne basically teases a beast mode and it was strangely absent.
>>
File: bloodborneart2.jpg (3 MB, 1369x2500) Image search: [Google]
bloodborneart2.jpg
3 MB, 1369x2500
if anyone in here is playing for the first time and going arcane you'll need to know a few things because it's pretty badly implemented

1. serrated weapons get bonus damage against beasts, so the unextended toothed cleaver gets it but trick mode doesn't because it unfolds into a blade

2. beasts are weak against fire, kin against bolt, pthumerians against arcane

3. when you put an elemental into a pure physical weapon it coverts 100% of the damage to that element and will only scale from arcane

4. weapons with split damage (like 50 arcane and 120 physical) are shit for arcane builds because the 50 is gets scaled up, so 20% extra damage doesn't net you much

5. chalice dungeons are good for getting early game elemental gems, you can farm the very first boss for fire gems

6. if you just want to wreck shit and not worry too much about your build leave arcane until a repeat playthrough
>>
>>321689302
No that should be high enough.
You are killing the bell witches first, right?
Maybe try using fire/bolt paper and some beast blood pellets.
>>
>>321689049
you can just run past stuff if you know what you're doing so s'all good for repeat playthroughs

for first time playthroughs it kinda sucks though because you've already invested in other weapons
>>
>>321689302

Hit his midsection until he stagger. The part that pivots on the ground. Take out of the wizard bitches first. Once he stagger hit the undead man portion of his body. Rinse and repeat until dead.
>>
>>321689513
To get to the good weapons you have to beat ludwig though.
Which for some reason is the hardest boss of the dlc.
>>
File: bloodborneart.jpg (328 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
bloodborneart.jpg
328 KB, 1024x1024
>>321689414
also arcane is hands down the most fun and varied build and it dominates pve once you're done with your build

it's not gimped in pvp but a good quality build is probably better
>>
>>321685460
Was it the Orphan that cause the Blood Addling?
That strange fish guy talks about the "wrath of Mother Kos".
And is the blood what the Orphan cursed? Same shit happened with Loran and they had shit all to do with Kos. Was it the nightmare the hunters were forever plunged into his actual curse?
>>
>>321689778
Not skill?
I feel like when it comes to pvp skill is the most dangerous build.
The rakuyo is just straight up unfair.
>>
>>321689650
whirligig saw, amygdala arm, beast cutter, the saif, gattling gun are all before ludwig

but ya you'll miss out on some
>>
So what's the deal with that bird looking chick killing other hunters?
>>
>>321689783
>"wrath of Mother Kos".
Sure. Orphan or Kos. One or the other. I feel they're interchangeable. Also there's the issue of Kos being dead the whole time. She washed up as a carcass on the Hamlet's shores.
> Same shit happened with Loran
No. They got hit with Beast Scourge. There's zero evidence that Pthumerians dealt with Blood Addling.
>Was it the nightmare the hunters were forever plunged into his actual curse?
I'd say it's both the Nightmare and the Curse at once. Eventually if you're enough of a blood using murder monster, you go insane and get dragged into a horrible nightmare. It's one big punishment.
>>
>>321687437

FEAR

THE

OLD

BLOOD
>>
>>321689994
since pvp is around 120-150 these days you'd have enough points to get strength and skill to their soft caps

generally skill weapons have lousy pvp movesets though, they're high damage and aggressive but they leave themselves open
>>
>>321687437
Get him to fall off the tower it's what I did
>>
just finished my first playthrough of vanilla bloodborne not long ago

i just wanna know how useful magic stuff is?
and do the magic items just do static damage or do they increase with your arcane skill?
>>
I like this game but hate how there are only white people and monsters in the gym. Where all the asians and black people? racist as fuck
>>
I am in Nova Scotia right now with my girlfriends family. I live in Alberta. When I get back next week I am probably going to get this if nobody bought it for me. Is this worth a play? I disliked Dark Souls though, but I wonder if this game is any different.
If not I think I'm going to buy TW3.
>>
>>321690379
very useful but the stuff with the most utility only requires something like 15-20 arcane iirc

they scale all the way up to 99
>>
>>321690386
When, long ago, the gods created Earth
In Jove's fair image Man was shaped at birth.
The beasts for lesser parts were next designed;
Yet were they too remote from humankind.
To fill the gap, and join the rest to Man,
Th'Olympian host conceiv'd a clever plan.
A beast they wrought, in semi-human figure,
Filled it with vice, and called the thing a Nigger.
>>
>>321686818
>I have ADHD please kill me
>>
How do i beat level 1
>>
File: skekington.jpg (43 KB, 500x541) Image search: [Google]
skekington.jpg
43 KB, 500x541
>>321690638
if you disliked dark souls because you found it tedious or too difficult without enough roleplaying or whatever go for witcher 3, it's also a really good game
>>
>>321690762
>level 1
So is this a level based game or is it freeroam? I havent played this yet.
>>
>>321690681
thanks anon
also i only found about 4 or 5 spells first time
>>
>>321690638
I think Dark Souls is shit but BB is fun. If you like action games its pretty good.
>>
>>321690691
virgin
>>
>>321681665
is there some way to get a stable playable framerate? i'm just running around the starter area and the graveyard you go when you die and i'm constantly chugging. this shit is unacceptable.

i'm not even fighting a huge boss with a ton of effects or spells or anything i'm literally just running around empty areas and getting sub-20 fps
>>
>>321681665
Is there a Quality build in this game? always been my favorite. I'm going to pick it up tomorrow.
>>
>>321690823
Actually it had nothing to do with difficulty. I just found the UI and menus and everything incredibly poorly designed. It just made the game kind of unenjoyable. Its a shame too because I really gave the game a fair chance but I just couldnt get past that.
>>
>>321685817
Only the Hunter's Dream and the Nightmare are a dream. Everything else that happened actually happened. The blood, the beasts, the great ones all exist. You just shut down certain aspects of these dreams or ascend as a great one to create your own dreams.
>>
>>321691095
bb is only a little better in that respect
>>
So do any of the DLC enemies drop arcane gems?
>>
>>321689432
I've tried using fire/bolt paper but for some reason the game wont let me use them with the saw cleaver
>>
>>321681665
I've had the game for about a year and never played it due to long loading times but decided to pick it back up 2 weeks ago and just beat the main story currently on NG+1 playing the dlc.That son of a bitch Kos is destroying me. Him and those Living Failure fellas have annihilated me asshole.
>>
>>321690921
kek

its an open world with branching paths into towns
each town could be considered a level...kind of. anyway the game is exclusively combat, skyrim kiddies beware
>>
>>321691226
Actually they're going by Lovecraft's definition of nighymare/dream. He believed what you saw actually happened. In a different dimension. So the whole thing is a dream except where it's not. Depending upon the influence of the old ones and their followers the separate dimensions just become not so separate.
>>
>>321691515
if you're using an arcane weapon you can't put fire paper and stuff on them
>>
>>321691093

You got a large choice to go off with quality, you can't go wrong with it.
>>
>>321691226
Dream work differently to our real dreams, as they transfer your consciousness to another plane. It's how Micolash was able to contine on dispite his body being dead.
>>
QUICK GUYS DESCRIBE THE BEST / MOST POWERFUL GEMS YOU'VE FOUND IN THE GAME SO FAR AND WHERE YOU'VE FOUND THEM AT
>>
>>321691095
nightmares and dreams are the domain of the great ones, they're other dimensions essentially
>>
>>321691717
>Living failures

What? All you really need to do is sprint round them and attack one of em every now and again.
Use that magic shield if your really need to.

If you beat Ludwig, you have no business losing to them
>>
>>321691093
truth be told most weapons have extremely modest lvl requirements. the only weapon that requires a huge investment is the cannon at 30 STR. reiterpallash might require high skill as well.
>>
ANOTHER QUESTION

are there any tricks to accessing the dlc stuff like there was in dank souls: prepare to die?

think i saw one anon mention you can get it on ng+ or something

btw i haven't read the entire thread
>>
>>321691796
Ah okay thanks for the help.
>>
>>321691893
you have to do random deep chalice dungeons for the best. going through all of the base dungeons the best i got was a tempering gem +19.5%
>>
>>321692137
All you need to do is beat Amelia.
An item should spawn in the Dream
>>
>>321692137
you can access it anytime after killing vicar amelia. obviously you can do it on NG+ too but prepare your asshole.
>>
>>321692062
That's what I've been hearing from fucking everyone. Maria was easy, Ludwig was easy, but the living failures have an astronomically huge amount of health and it took me a grand 3 or 4 minutes to beat them. I think the issue is I started the DLC on NG+1 at level 100 and from what I hear 80-100 is the level you should be going in on your first run through the game. My vit was at 25 so they would often kill me in two hits
>>
>>321691893

You'll find the best gems in cursed max level chalice dungeons.

Cursed dungeons cut your health in half and cursed gems come with a bad effect that ranges from not much of a problem to completely ruins the gem.

Have fun with that.
>>
>>321692274
>>321692383
oh ok thanks anons
>>
File: Whirligig.jpg (190 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Whirligig.jpg
190 KB, 1920x1080
>>321691893
FRC Chalice dungeons.

Base game has pretty awful gems. Best you'll probably get are the cursed ones from mensis. The DLC has some decent drops.
>>
File: image.jpg (39 KB, 279x304) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39 KB, 279x304
>blazing through cainhurst
>lose frustrating amounts of vials to the faggot albino bloodsack spiders
>"Good thing I'll never have to deal with them again!"
>enter dlc
FOR WHAT PURPOSE
>>
>>321690016
She used to be a pretty good hunter and was a part of the hunter's dream. One day she stopped dreaming, either by her own choice or Gehrman's.

She hunts other hunters who become blood crazed. Although now she's doing it while technically mortal, which is a bit of a bad idea.
>>
>>321681665
Got it like a month ago and am thoroughly enjoying it. I just bought the DLC and currently am trying to shove a whirligig up Laurence's ass. Good times.
>>
Just beat Cleric Beast and I really like the game so far, started out with the Saw and blunderbuss. Should i buy the kirk and the new pistol or should I put my echoes into stats?
>>
>>321681665
Just finished my first playthrough including dlc. It was fun but I'm starting to get burnt out. Ludwig was hot bullshit also.
>>
>>321691893
In the base game and DLC, the best gems come from Winter Lanterns. They drop cursed gems up to like +20.3%. DLC is like 22% maybe. Lowest level chalices can be farmed for 27.8%. Most curses other than HP depletion isn't really an issue. Durability is only a problem for stuff like the Tonitrus, stamina usage is probably one of the best curses because of how meaningless 2-3% stamina is, and damage to kin down only affects like 4 enemies in the entire game and you'll know when to switch out the gem.
>>
>>321682265
I've played all the souls games and only on very few occasions have I skipped enemies. Seriously, just take it slow and don't spam or attack without thinking. Learn your weapon's moveset, all of it. The roll attack, the jump attack, the running attach, the power move, the simple slash, the heavy slash and the transformation attack. Learn them in and out of trickmode and use what move best suits the situation. You'll be fine, it's only really bosses that can fuck you up, you shouldn't be dying in the levels.
>>
Where's the best place to farm chunks?
Just beat Rom, lvl 79, too scared to go into Yahargul with my weapon only at +7.

I'm playing like I play all Souls games, no summons, no notices.
>>
>>321692820

Don't forget the -8% damage curse, that's a fun one to get.
>>
>>321691749
Yeah I noticed that things from dreams would seep into the real world. Like how all those Witches summoned the One Reborn from the moon. That's a bit of a nightmarish bullshit.
>>
>>321692465
>The DLC has some decent drops.
Do any of the enemies drop arcane gems?
Is there a way to gather the materials for Loran/Isz chalice without going through all the Pthumeru chalices?
>>
>>321681665

Glad I only paid 20 bucks for it. Just another Souls game but with a blood gimmick and slightly better graphics.
>>
>>321689414
I went Arcane simply because I wanted to use the flame sprayer
>>
>>321692630

I just ran past those cunts in Cainhurst. Everything after them was a breeze.
>>
>>321692761
If you like heavy weapons, hold onto the axe and upgrade to the Holy Blade when you get the chance. Kirkhammer is slow as balls and you can stagger just as well with the axe. Tonitrus is my weaponfu
>>
WHO /SAIF/ HERE?
>>
>>321692937
Nowhere to farm chunks, you gotta pick them up as treasures. There's a couple in Yahar'gul, but there's more in the Nightmare of Mensis.
>>
>>321692630
The ones in the DLC are significantly weaker than those fat jackasses in Cainhurst.
>>
>>321692937
you can buy them at the insight vendor or farm them from the later chalice dungeon bosses
>>
>>321692820
Slight correction to my numbers. Base game lanterns can go up to 19.8% tempering, and chalices go to 27.2%. I'm not sure what the DLC ones drop at best, but it's on the lower side of 20. My highest is 22.3%.
>>
>>321693524
Alright, another question: should I keep upgrading my Hunter's Axe?
Is it viable till the end? Or is another weapon better? I've hardly used anything else, I basically grinded and spin2win my way through the game so far.
>>
>>321690272

I was going to try that if I couldn't win legit. It's his fucking blunderbuss that is ruining my day, as it seems he is not limited to the 20 shot limited before using HP to get more.
>>
>>321693751
Every weapon is viable, use whatever one you like. With the dlc that are enough materials to upgrade two weapons to max without grinding.
>>
>>321693890
I don't have the DLC yet but I'm planning to buy it.
Can I go at once or is it post-game?
>>
>>321693751

The hunter axe is a solid all round weapon, you can't go wrong with it.
>>
>>321693524
You can farm chunks in the Upper Cathedral Ward. High discovery is recommended though. Can't farm rocks.
>>
So I just killed Amygdala, gonna got for Daughter of Cosmos now, but one thing that I've noticed is that it doesn't seem like the weapons do as much damage to bosses and normal enemies as you progress, and they seem to get stronger from area to area faster than when progressing in Dark Souls. Now, I enjoy how it feels like I'm making progress, but at the same time, it feels like in NG+ and onwards, the enemies (mobs and bosses) will just be health sponges. Is this true, or no?
>>
>>321693751
Just pick whatever you like the most. I went with Ludwig's Holy Greatsword for most of my playthroughs. Beast Claws in another. Right now I'm trying out Moonlight Greatsword and the Tonitrus.

New Game plus is a thing, and you can upgrade more stuff on subsequent playthroughs.
>>
>>321694025
Most people day the optimum time for the DLC is right before the final boss.
>>
>>321690975
Uneducated, illiterate pleb.
>>
>>321681665
>no physical version in the West

FUCK EVERYTHING.
>>
>>321681665
How do I just stop being so fucking bad.

I can't even kill this one big ass dude behind a wheel cart at the beginning of the game.
>>
>>321694126

Have you been doing chalice dungeons? You need to stay on top of gems.
>>
>>321694101

The little scrabbler thing in Cainhurst also drops chunks.
>>
>>321692904
but killing every enemy makes you overleveled.
i'm with the guy you quoted, i kill everything at least once but after that I don't want too many souls
>>
>>321693524
There are a handful of enemies that can drop chunks, but they're a pain to farm. Late game werewolves like the skeleton ones and the ones in the nursery. I think gargoyles (extremely rare) in cainhurst, and that one big-ass dude in the lecture building. Most people farmed the werewolves in upper cathedral ward, but even that's a real grind.

Meanwhile it's really easy to farm them via chalice dungeons, but by the time you get to where you can grind them you've probably committed to one or two weapons anyway.
>>
>>321694252
Nothing but yourself here,
therefore ignoring is effective
>>
>>321694252
How did you stop being bad at every other game you've ever played?

Just play more, it's easier than most Souls games.
>>
>>321694252
You can't really fight him if you're starting off. That's why he's kinda hidden.
>>
>>321694252
Are you using your gun at all? Are you dodging at the right time/the right direction?

Just practice your timing. Especially with your gun. You can parry a lot of shit in this game. The reward is greater than the risk with parrying.
>>
I'm getting my shit wrecked on the second boss, that hunter that turns into a werewolf. Also trying to figure out what everything does and how stuff works. Going from Demon's Souls to Dark Souls didn't have much of a change, mostly everything worked the same even if it was named differently.
>>
>>321681665
Which weapon do I pick?
>>
>>321689414

I don't know about this guy but the first time I played the game blind with an arcane build I wrecked everyone's shit.

Mostly with Fire Ludwig's and Arcane Beast Cutter, Logarius call from beyond Ebrietas augur and tiny tonitrus. This is at level 80 and even the Orphan is a cakewalk

The only boss that made me squirm is Laurence and Cleric Beast.
>>
>>321685378
what happens if you trigger night before old yharnham?
>>
>>321694459
Did you get the music box? And stock up on motlovs.
>>
>>321694459
Stop playing it like Dark Souls and play it like the game tells you.

Use your gun and parry him, all of his attacks can be parried. Shoot when he's about to attack and then R1 him.

Talk to a little girl on in a window and she'll give you a music box, use that on him to stagger him a couple times.
>>
>>321691893
My saw has all +22.3% physical attack droplets, with curses for -11% against kin, -11% against beasts, and +3% stamina costs. Got them from farming the two winter lanterns below the lighthouse hut.
>>
>>321694557
Old Yharnam is entirely optional.
>>
>>321694294
I don't really understand Chalice Dungeons/Gems at all.
>>
I know people are against this but playing BB makes me want a game that mixes the souls style with an armored core aesthetic. Like...player mechs from 2.5-4 meters tall. No bigger than that. Have them go wild with the design. Use Tesla's wireless electricity concept with everyone being plugged into a grid for the whole souls thing where you keep coming back from death. Throw in aliens for some really odd tech. Not little green men. Something actually strange. Rampant and helpful AI. I think something like that has potential. We'll probably never are it though.
>>
>>321693131
Most likely, though I can't tell you exactly where.

As for the materials, you'll get some from the base game but probably not enough to make a chalices.
>>
>>321694252
i'm sorta new also anon, but you're probably gunna want to level up your vit a bunch

played the other dark souls but adjusting the bloodborne was pretty tough
and having a lot of vit will keep you from dropping dead at the drop of a hat because without the usual shield you're going to fuck up. a lot.
plus that executioner guy is sort of an enemy that is much stronger than anything else in that area i think
>>
>>321694459

Don't get me wrong but you need to learn how to time dodges better, the enemies in this game are far more relentless and they punish careless dodging, don't treat this like the last souls games it's a surefire way to die.
>>
File: 1451202540292.jpg (189 KB, 800x477) Image search: [Google]
1451202540292.jpg
189 KB, 800x477
>>321681665
This game is really fun, just beat Father Gascoigne. Werewolf form kept two shotting me but I eventually kicked his ass.
How long till I get those blood rocks that upgrade my weapon?

>>321694459
>second boss
I thought he was the first boss?
>>
>>321695272
I consider him the third boss, but the other two are technically optional.
>>
>>321695272
>How long till I get those blood rocks that upgrade my weapon?

i think until you literally climb the ladder after that boss fight
>>
Will someone help me beat living failures and then Maria?
>>
>>321685460
why did Moon Presence create the beast scourge?
>>
>Beat Ludwig days ago
>Beat him on NG+ at first try
>Help an anon beat him at NG++ where the fag one shots with almost everything
>Can't beat him with my level 60 Skill character due to shit damage
>>
>>321694930

It's simple really, after you get the chalice from bloodstarved beast just plop one down in the hunters dream and go in there.

The normal chalice dungeons are fixed so they'll be the same every time, and you'll be able to afford the ritual requirements for the next one by getting all the material out of the previous, if you can't afford the next one just explore a bit.

From there you get gems from bosses or whatever, just shove whatever's best into your weapon and it just works.
>>
>>321695550

>Needing help with Maria

just parry m8
>>
>>321695689
Because Pthumerians in Loran sired Bastard Children. Yharnam is affected because they used old blood from Loran. MP cares about reproduction and such.
>>
>>321695272
You should already have a couple blood shards to upgrade your weapon a little, or at least right after him. The game doles them out pretty slowly. Blood shards, then twin blood shards, then chunks, then a final Blood Rock, which you won't get until the end of the game.

Gascoigne is the first compulsory boss of the game, he can be the second boss, Cleric Beast being an optional first. Vicar Amelia is also the second compulsory boss, but Blood Starved Beast and Witches of Himwick are optional bosses that could be fought first.
>>
>>321695272
Gascoigne is the first mandatory boss but Cleric Beast is in the area too and is technically closer to where you start.
>>
>>321694223
aww touch a nerve did I?
>>
I bought BB on black friday. It's my first souls game and while I was shit I do love the game. I'm now trying to beat Ebrietas and her charge attack is the worst.

I tried Cainhurst too but those spider things in the beginning keep wrecking my ass
>>
>>321695831
>Vicar Amelia is also the second compulsory boss

In NG+ this is true but on a fresh character you must defeat either Cleric Beast or Blood-Starved Beast before you can reach Amelia.
>>
>>321695757
Low level character that barely does any damage.
I run past everything. I just want to reach Kos.
>>
>>321692465
Can someone please explain to me what the fuck Open Enemies means because I still have yet to figure that out.

Also why does every gem I pick up off those sluggy mother fuckers in the DLC at the bottom of the fishing hamlet never appear in my inventory - poorman's and fool's gems.
>>
>>321696095
"open" hits are how BB refers to "counter" hits. If you know about Dark/Demon's Souls, you know what this means.
>>
>>321695993
Oh right, I remember you have to get the sword hunter badge off of Cleric Beast for the Hunter Chief Emblem.

What does Blood Starved Beast do though? How can you get to Vicar Amelia from him? Is it through the Healing Church Workshop?
>>
>>321695989
>I tried Cainhurst too but those spider things in the beginning keep wrecking my ass

Ignoring is effective.
>>
>>321696226

Once you beat him some door opens in the chapel where you send everyone.
>>
>>321689414
>4. weapons with split damage (like 50 arcane and 120 physical) are shit for arcane builds because the 50 is gets scaled up, so 20% extra damage doesn't net you much
So the Moonlight Sword is shit, or what is needed to make it cause good damage?
>>
>>321696095
I know immediately after the DLC, those gems were invisible. After the most recent patch the other day, they suddenly showed up in my inventory for me.
>>
>>321696226
Yeah, killing BSB opens the door to the healing church workshop. If you fall down the tower there past the old abandoned workshop there's a little alley that'll take you back to cathedral ward behind the second gate.
>>
>>321696467
Oh that's right, cool.
>>
>>321695996
How long does it take to get to Living Failures from Ludwig? I don't remember. I have a character there that could help you.
>>
>>321696280
Moonlight Sword is great because it's special. It's split damage is already there without affecting it's overall damage. The best gems to put on it would be all ATK up, not just physical. ATK up gems will boost the physical and the arcane damage. This works same for Tonitrus.
>>
>>321681665
I just bought a PS4 on boxing day, picked up the GOTY edition. Man is it fun. No real questions, but I am enjoying it thus far.
>>
File: 1445954583274.gif (733 KB, 288x422) Image search: [Google]
1445954583274.gif
733 KB, 288x422
>>321695451
>>321695831
Guess I should do more exploring and keep my eyes open for them.

Thanks for the info anons.
>>
>>321696280
It's not a bad weapon but it doesn't benefit an arcane build very much since the damage is plit, except for the projectiles which deal purely arcane damage.
>>
What's the lore behind the pale guys in the chalice dungeons? Are they just zombies?
>>
>>321696843
>>321696929
I mean if doing an Arcane build. I want to play with all the arcane items, and I liked the moveset on the sword so I was hoping to use it.
>>
>>321697070
You'd probably need an Arcane and Strength build for it. If you found a lot of arcane gems for it then it'd probably be viable. Especially for the ranged attacks it does.
>>
>>321696769
It doesn't take much. I can summon you at the start of the research hall so you don't need to go near the boss gate and waste time.
>>
>>321695890
It's not touching a nerve. Don't pretend like you're trolling. You're just stupid. I responded to an obvious Tumblrista bait with one of Lovecraft's own poems to illustrate why anything inspired by his work might ever be construed as even remotely racist. Nothing virginal about actually having read books, you dirt-worshipping cock socket.
>>
Will this version ever release in the us?
>>
File: 136602071463.jpg (77 KB, 645x773) Image search: [Google]
136602071463.jpg
77 KB, 645x773
>I was 90% certain my gf had gotten me a ps4 for Christmas
>box was perfect shape and weight
>she kept dropping hints and references to a ps4
>get myself hyped for weeks to play Bloodborne
>Christmas comes
>it was a piece of shit 50$ record player
I dont want to feel this /v/
>>
>>321697070
You're going to be way more effective taking a weapon that does purely physical damage and adding an elemental gem to it.
>>
>>321696316
so you're saying I actually had them the whole time, and just couldn't see them / use them
>>
>>321681665
When i can get a used ps4 with Bloodborne for less than 100 yurobucks im fucking getting it.
>>
>>321697227
All right, give me a couple of minutes to get there and I'll drop another message.

>>321697423
>>321697201
Ah fuck, guess I'll do a pure moonlight build later then. I want the pure arcane shit first.
>>
>>321697370
>be a piece of shit bf
>cry about being to poor to buy a console.
>get cucked
>cry again
>>
>>321685460
Are you a fucking retard? This post is completely correct and I'm glad someone understands that the beast plague is almost certainly more related to the Moon Presence rather than Kos/Orphan.

Though, I got the impression Laurence and Gherman beckoned the Moon Presence after they formed the Healing Church, and hunters were already around by that time, so shouldn't beasts have existed before the Moon Presence got involved? I personally think the plague of beasts is evolution without courage, like that one note in Byrgenwerth says: it makes humans evolve but sort of exaggerates their flaws and beastliness so they become werewolves.

>>321695820
Only problem is
>Pthumerians in Loran
I'm pretty sure Loran was another human land/city. The Pthumerians all lived in Pthumeru, the capital of which was Ihyll. Though I guess if Loran got fucked by the plague of the beasts, they must have had access to Great One blood, which means they must have had their own chalice dungeons (the ones you explore in game?) where they found slumbering/dead Great Ones, so Loran might very well have had its own Pthumerians or equivelant (forgive me if Pthumerian enemies do actually show up in that dungeon - I've never used a Loran chalice).

The Moon Presence is fucking weird. It does seem to manipulate you into killing Mergo, but then why would it want to do that if Great Ones love having kids? Does it just like being a dick and killing other Great Ones' kids?
>>
>>321697370
You don't deserve even that, faggot.
>>
>>321683461
If you've touched the skull, go down to the plaza below the Cathedral and look for a great big door with a guy who asks for a password (which you should already know) ; this door will take you to the next mandatory area.
I recommend that you just explore every other area first, though, lest the next area kick your ass.
>>
>>321697647
>so shouldn't beasts have existed before the Moon Presence got involved?
Yes. From Loran and the Old Blood.
>>
>>321695413
Wait which one can you do besides Cleric Beast?
I'm pretty sure you can only access the Blood Starved Beast after Cascoigne.
>>
>>321697370
>record player

what the fuck though. is your gf a time traveller or just a hipster? who the fuck could want a record player?
>>
>>321681665
>got for xmas
>Played for about an hour or so
>Fought some dudes, dogs, couple big guys, those half-wolf dudes and rats in the sewer, those two werevolves on the bridge
>Made a few roundabouts to open up a couple shortcut doors
>Haven't fought a boss yet
>Fought bare handed for twenty minutes and without a gun for an hour because I thought I would find my first bit of gear along the way and not from a series of little skeletons on the stairs of the dream

It's alright.
>>
>>321697647
>I'm pretty sure Loran was another human land/city.
It's part of the chalice dungeons. All chalices are part of the subterranean labyrinth below Yharnam. It's populated heavily by the same Pthumerians we find in every other chalice type. The mere fact that Loran dungeons are always "Depth 4" or lower supports this robustly.
> The Pthumerians all lived in Pthumeru, the capital of which was Ihyll.
No. they lived inside the Labyrinth which was so big they had to name various segments of it.
>>
File: lovecraftsmiling.jpg (20 KB, 250x296) Image search: [Google]
lovecraftsmiling.jpg
20 KB, 250x296
>>321690691
Oh Lovecraft, if you where still alive you would browse 4chan wouldn't you?
>>
>>321696280
You have a few options with it.

You can not really care about the arcane at all, and treat it as you would Ludwig's (probably 50/25). In its normal form, it does similar damage to Ludwig's (a lot) with similar stats, even in its one-handed form where you can use a gun. Use pure physical gems. It basically has permanent arcane resin built in, and gets a small flat arcane damage boost in 2H form, but I wouldn't really bother using its 2H form with this setup unless you need vertical slices.

If you want to boost your arcane to 25 to include that in the equation, it might be best to go nourishing gems (+% all damage). The outcome will be a slightly worse 1H form, and better 2H form and much better projectiles (which are pure arcane damage).

You can also go like 25 strength, 50 arcane, and use flat arcane damage gems with a phys% up secondary. This will probably be the strongest for the 2H form, with a significantly weaker 1H form.

All of these will do a ton of damage, but obviously in different ways and play-styles. However, at the end of the day it's a quality weapon across 3 stats, so it's going to require more levels to get going, and won't be as simple as taking a pure physical weapon and converting it to pure arcane.
>>
>>3216958>>321697938
Yeah I was remembering wrong. I was thinking of the bsb for some reason.
>>
>>321689302
If he starts vomiting, you need to run to the slightly elevated area on the sides under the witches and the shelter, as it will fill up the whole arena, excluding those elevated areas.
>>
>>321697983
Vinyl players are nice.
>>
>>321698106
Unfuckingdoubtedly. A lot of the eccentric writers of the 19th and early 20th century sound like they would just squander their time on the Internet today. Poe, Nietzsche, et cetera.
>>
>>321697227
What's the password?
Got set back because I forgot to get that shit needed for the elevator.
>>
>>321694518
Same here. My Tonitrus fucking destroyed a lot of the game, and then I got the Moonlight Greatsword. Wew.
>>
>>321697493
Yeah, the game kept track of them, but wasn't displaying them in your inventory properly. The path fixed that.
>>
>>321697983
Vinyl as a format is actually making a resurgence.

>>321697370
Faggotry as an artform is making a resurgence.
>>
so my end build is 20vit 20end 50str 50skl, is this a bad idea?
just killed amelia in NG+, so far feels great but I want to be able to beat DLC
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 39

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.