[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Vita.. or not?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 81
File: PS-vita.jpg (112 KB, 800x425) Image search: [Google]
PS-vita.jpg
112 KB, 800x425
I've been wondering about getting a vita for a while now. I know it has persona on it, but what else worth playing does it have? Keep in mind I have been pretty much out of the loop.
Also the new digimon game looks really good but it's pretty unlikely to come to west if I understood correctly.

I have some ps+ games for it as I've been a member quite a while and I downloaded them as a precautions.

So help me out /v/. Is Vita worth a purchase? Can you point out some games worth playing on it?

Also other vita discussion I guess.
>>
Vita has no games
>>
>>292103220
Oh I'm sure it does. I'd just like something comfy to play in bed and while traveling. Also it seems like a decent screen for some on the go netflix.
>>
>>292102610
If you like weebgames, get the vita. Lot's of jrpg and dungeon crawlers are coming out. So if that's your thing, you won't regret buying a vita.
>>
>>292103620
>>292102610
If you are a fan of 3D platformers you can play the original Ape Escape through Ape Escape on the Loose under PSP games.
Only 8 dollarinos and you can use both analog sticks when playing on a VIta.
I also enjoyed Ultimate MvC3 and Muramasa the Demon Blade. There are plenty of games you just gotta look for what interest you.
>>
danganronopa
danganronpa 2
soul sacrifice delta
dj max technike tune
uncharted
resistance
killzone
>>
>>292102610
I wouldn't listen to the anime posters as the games they play are mediocre at best (aside from persona)

If you miss playing psp, ps1/ ps2 games as well as others then it's great. There are a lot of games I had missed out on playing in the ps1/ ps2 so the ports aren't bad at all for me.

>tfw playing suikoden in bed
>>
>>292102610
I won't listen to anime haters or gaming journalists. They automatically rate anything anime as bad regardless of what is it (aside from persona).

Lots of great games are overlooked just because it has anime art.
>>
File: 1429608872963.jpg (150 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1429608872963.jpg
150 KB, 640x640
>>292103620
The Netflix app is unusable last I tried.

Crunchyroll works fine ofc. Ads are almost unbearable though.

YouTube app had its support dropped. No idea what happened there or if it still works.
>>
>>292107916
I never claimed I hate anime. Just the anime-focused games on vita really are mediocre at best.
>>
File: 2015-04-01-221712.jpg (2 MB, 1920x3264) Image search: [Google]
2015-04-01-221712.jpg
2 MB, 1920x3264
I love my vita!
>>
>>292108772
Hello vit-anon.
>>
File: 1427224131432.png (176 KB, 600x900) Image search: [Google]
1427224131432.png
176 KB, 600x900
>>292108830
Good morning.
>>
Is there goign to be. A monster hunter for it?
>>
File: WP_20150413_001.jpg (1 MB, 2592x1456) Image search: [Google]
WP_20150413_001.jpg
1 MB, 2592x1456
>>292102610
>I know it has persona on it, but what else worth playing does it have?
A bunch of stuff
Muramasa Rebirth, 2D beat-em-up/hack'n'slash action
Gravity Rush, 3D action adventure in an age where the genre is dead with best protagonist
Danganronpa, wacky thriller VN with problem solving. Must play if you dig Phoenix Wright
Virtue's Last Reward, VN and point & click mystery solving with branching storyline
Sly 4, you know the drill. Also on PS3, but the Vita version is excellent.
Soul Sacrifice Delta, slightly like Monster Hunter, but with excellent visual style and great atmosphere

These are my favorites, but there's also a bunch of straight up ports, various modern indie games like Axiom Verge and PS2 games like Ratchet & Clank and Metal Gear Solid 2 & 3.

Also, lurk wololo.net on weekends and you might get a chance to grab a PSP CFW or VHBL, allowing you to run PSP homebrew or even pirated games with CFW. It could be better since everything just runs in PSP mode but having emulators is always very nice.
>>
>>292108932
There is already several, but none of them are made by capcom.
>>
>>292110128
Last time I checked the only monster hunter on the system was made by capcom so I don't know what the fuck you are talking about.
>>
>>292108493
>YouTube app had its support dropped.

It still works. They just won't update the app anymore. Not that it really needs updating.
>>
File: 1420569581649.jpg (190 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1420569581649.jpg
190 KB, 800x800
One of the strong points of the Vita is that, between sales and PS+, you end up with a ridiculously varied library. More often I'll try things I wouldn't have bought at full price. I've got 104 games now, more than I've owned on any other system.

I recommend:
>Sayonara Umihara Kawase
>Ys Celceta
>Oreshika
>Firefly Diary
>Tales of Hearts R
>Freedom Wars
>Danganronpa 1 and 2
>EDF 2017
>Muramasa Rebirth + DLC
>Sword Art Online, if you enjoy the series
>Soul Sacrifice Delta
>Any of the Ateliers
>Gravity Rush
>DJMax Technika Tune
>>
>>292102610
>I have some ps+ games for it as I've been a member quite a while and I downloaded them as a precautions.
I hear people with Vita love their PS+ games, so I'd get one if I were you.
How much these consoles go for anyways right now? The memory cards bring the price up somewhat, but if console + memcard is all you need since you already have games through PS+, it would seem like a very nice deal.

Also, get 64GB right away and never look back. I ended up getting a 16GB but upgraded later, and that smaller card is just wasted money now. It's nice being able to put animus and stuff on the thing as well. The system supports H264 just like the PSP so just check http://wololo.net/2013/08/27/ps-vita-video-conversion-tutorial-with-subtitles-support/ to get a hang of how to convert videos for it the best way.
Pic related, only 540kbps and fast encoding gives a pretty good quality.
>>
>>292110403
you should give other so-called clones a try. I find most of them to be more fun than monster hunter.
>>
>>292110578
You are retarded.
>>
>>292110673
No anon. I'm just not dedicated 3ds fanboy like yourself.
>>
>>292111016
You are a shitposting console warrior. That's all you are.
>>
File: 1429880982211.jpg (3 MB, 1497x5600) Image search: [Google]
1429880982211.jpg
3 MB, 1497x5600
>>292102610
From the Vitagen threads, which would probably be a better place to ask than here with all the Vita hate on this board
>>
>>292108772
awoo
>>
>>292111269
Yes?
>>
>>292111110
It's a good thing you didn't say 'unwarranted'. The majority of games I see are weebshit as per usual.

Now, don't get me wrong, I love me sum' weebshit, but I'll take variety over fanservice any day.

The PSV isn't even good for piracy. PSX and even PSP games are buggy as fuck since there's no native/kernel exploit available and even for homebrews people have to jump though a shitload of hoops to get them working.

There are only so many 'must haves' on the handheld and this isn't 2005 anymore, a cellphone can do a better job when it comes to emulation. So what exactly is the Vita good for?
>>
Not OP but I've been considering getting a vita for a bit as well. I almost got a good condition one and a 16 GB card for 120 us monies on eBay bit someone outbid me at the last second. I recently saw some new patent apparently for a new vita, should I wait on that or just keep looking for a cheap one on eBay?

I really wish you could use regular memory cards, Sony's prices are ducking criminal
>>
>>292111110
No, Vitagen is no good.
Even with all the bullcrap it's filled with, /v/ still has more voice of reason than /vg/.
At least, that's what I want to think, but memeposters just keep taking vore more and more...
>>
>>292107240
>>292107916
How glorious is this.

OP. Unless you can find it extremely cheap, I wouldn't recommend getting one. It has SOME good games, but you can get almost all of them on another platform. The only real exclusives for the system happen to be anime games, and if you're not extremely into anime, then the system will be completely lost on you. You can download ps1 games on there, but unless you're actually taking the vita on the go with you, it's not worth it.
>>
>>292112049
>It has SOME good games, but you can get almost all of them on another platform

Yeah OP, buy a PS2, PS3, PS4 and a PC to play all the games you could play on a 60€ box you can hook up to your TV.
>>
>>292111930
>PSX and even PSP games are buggy as fuck
This part isn't true at all. Where did you get this idea?
>There are only so many 'must haves' on the handheld and this isn't 2005 anymore, a cellphone can do a better job when it comes to emulation. So what exactly is the Vita good for?
I don't even try to deny that PSP and DS were better than 3DS and PSV, but c'mon, this is the issue of 8th generation, not Vita. Compared to PS4 and Xbone, hell, even PC games released in the same timeframe, both portable consoles provide excellent game libraries.
>>
>>292111935
We haven't heard of any news regarding new revisions of the system, have we? Either way, a new one would be more expensive, so you probably shouldn't look that way if you want to save money.
Besides, both the 1k and 2k are good hardware-wise, so it's not like there's going to be some hardware upgrade that would be important.
Did you check Japanese stores for the memory cards? A 32GB in the west is way overpriced, but a 64GB from nipland might not cost much more, making it the better deal. They're still overpriced, but not exceedingly so.
Keep checking eBay, as you're more likely to find one that comes with the memory card.
>>
>>292112319
>This part isn't true at all. Where did you get this idea?
Try running the official FFVII PSN release and see what happens.

>I don't even try to deny that PSP and DS were better than 3DS and PSV, but c'mon, this is the issue of 8th generation, not Vita.
That's somewhat valid considering even the 3DS is lagging behind, but the difference between the two is still massive.

I mean, back then there were a couple reasons to pick a PSP over a DS, but now? No.
>>
>>292112720
>We haven't heard of any news regarding new revisions of the system, have we?

Yes, we have. http://wololo.net/2015/04/20/new-trademark-ps-vita-3000-series-spotted/
>>
>>292112049
>The only real exclusives for the system happen to be anime games, and if you're not extremely into anime, then the system will be completely lost on you.
As someone who got a Vita despite not being much into anime, this is untrue.

Where did this meme where people who don't spend hundreds of bucks each month on pantsu figurines can't enjoy games that have anime graphical style come from?
Makes no fucking sense, we all enjoyed our Final Fantasies back in the day too, there wasn't one guy screaming THIS IS TOO ANIME FOR ME even if they didn't like the game.
>>
Bought my Vita about a month ago. First handheld since the GBA. I really like it, it's great for playing during commutes and in bed, battery life on the new slim version amazes me and I have already built up a decent 15 game library that I'm playing through.
>>
>>292102610
It's been worth it for me, but I bought mine alongside a friend so we could play some stuff together. P4, Danganronpa, MGS and Everybody's Golf have probably been my most-played games. The PSP back-catalogue is decent, if a bit overpriced and not great looking upscaled. Nice to play PS1 games on the go too.

It's good, but sometimes the 'almost-a-ps3-but-not-quite' feeling is there when playing games that seem like they are the little brother to their lounge-room counterparts.
>>
File: WP_20150425_001.jpg (1 MB, 2592x1456) Image search: [Google]
WP_20150425_001.jpg
1 MB, 2592x1456
>>292112737
>Try running the official FFVII PSN release and see what happens.
Yeah, I have it, and is there a problem?
>That's somewhat valid considering even the 3DS is lagging behind, but the difference between the two is still massive.
How?
>I mean, back then there were a couple reasons to pick a PSP over a DS, but now? No.
How?
You're not really making any sense.
>>
>>292102610
Are you being serious with this shilling sony ?

What's next ? Sony phone threads ? Sony laptop threads ? Sony TV threads?

Oh wait , they all have something in common with the vita ....
>>
>>292112928
Dude I bought a Vita day one and I haven't played a goddamned thing on it since Tearaway. What games am I apparently missing out on if not pantsu quest?
>>
>>292113754
Read the thread.
>>
It's funny how no one shits up vita shill threads but sonyggers are always shitting up every other thread .
>>
you should listen to
>>292110539
OP, he has good taste.
>>
I bought a vita and that's how inner my GF on the train on the way to my daily commute . I had a vita ™ and this beautiful ASIAN™ Girl has a vita ™ too . We love first site because vita ™

Thank you sony . We get marri now
>>
>>292113848
Your own post proves your own statement wrong.
>>
>>292113597
>Yeah, I have it, and is there a problem?
I meant a pirated one, obliviously. It sounds like shit thanks to the PEOPS plugin.

>How?
>How?
Lack of variety, PSV is the weeb machine. There's little of anything else. Even the 3DS is more diverse.
>>
File: 1426862016414.png (9 KB, 319x296) Image search: [Google]
1426862016414.png
9 KB, 319x296
Do we know when Axiom Verge releases on Vita?
>>292113641
>how dare people post video game consoles on video game board
>>292113848
Also got a laugh out of this.
>>
File: 1427132232544.jpg (60 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1427132232544.jpg
60 KB, 500x500
>>292114064
Is that a fucking emoji on 4chan?

I didn't even know that was possible.
>>
>>292114110
>Even the 3DS is more diverse.

Not really, most 3ds games are just weebshit these days. In fact, vita is still way more diverse since it has lots of western indie games.
>>
>>292112737
There were no reasons to pick up a psp except the fact it was hacked. Also the ds was probably Nintendo best handheld but the 3ds is the worst handheld Nintendo ever released. There's nothing worth wild on the 3ds and all the titles based on past franchises like Kirby or sticker star are the worst in the series. No aliasing and a lower resolution than the n64
>>
>>292114110
>I meant a pirated one, obliviously. It sounds like shit thanks to the PEOPS plugin.
3.18fags should just use the PS1 loader, not pops.
>PSV is the weeb machine.
This is my favorite meme.
>Even the 3DS is more diverse.
No. If you want to shill for Nintendo, make a new thread instead of trashing unrelated threads.
>>
>>292102610
>Japanese Games That Arguably Aren't Weeb
- Soul Sacrifice Delta
- Gravity Rush
- Earth Defence Force 2017
- Freedom Wars
- Ys: Memories of Celceta

>Japanese Games That Are Arguably Weeb
- Tales of Hearts R
- Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus
- Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward
- Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines
- Touch My Katamari

>Western Games
- Wipeout 2048
- Killzone: Mercenary
- Lumines Electronic Symphony
- Tearaway
- Uncharted: Golden Abyss

>Indie Games
- The Binding of Isaac
- Velocity 2x
- TxK
- OlliOlli 2
- Hotline Miami 1/2

>Definitive Remakes/Remasters of Good Games
- Persona 4: Golden
- Disgaea 4: A Promise Revisited
- Muramasa Rebirth
- Danganronpa 1&2
- Atelier Totori+/Meruru+/Rorona+/Ayesha+

>Good Multiplats
- Deception IV
- Dragon's Crown
- Toukiden Kiwami
- DJ MAX Technika Tune
- Rayman Origins/Legends

Pretty much every HD collection besides Jak & Daxter/God Of War runs great on it, and it also has a healthy selection of fightan, sports, and musou games going for it if you're the kind of person who wants to play them on the go.
>>
>>292114331
...and it's still better than the PSV, that ought to say something.

>>292114285
I honestly don't see why'd anyone play indies on the Vita, but yeah.

>>292114383
>3.18
It's not gonna be 3.18 forever.

>meme
The vast majority of Vita games are weeb while everything else is scarce. The 3DS IS more varied, even if only by a little margin and thanks to Nintendo's first party tittles.

Personally, I think they both suck and would rather pick up another DS or PSP, but between two evil always choose the lesser.

"meme" :^)
>>
>>292114110
>Lack of variety, PSV is the weeb machine.
Completely opposite.

If you like western handheld gaming, Vita is your primary choice, next to smartphones I guess but who'd want that?
>Ratchet & Clank
>Killzone
>Sly Cooper
>Jak & Daxter
>Hotline Miami
>Dustforce
>Another World
>Need for Speed
>WipEout
>Binding of Isaac
>Oddworld Stranger's Wrath and Munch's Odyssee
>Rayman Origins and Legends
>cod/AC/bamham trash

Find a handheld with more robust western library.
Protip: you can't.
>>
>>292114924
No.
If you want to shill for 3DS and Nintendo, make a new thread instead of shitting up unrelated threads.
>>
>>292114924
>I honestly don't see why'd anyone play indies on the Vita

Why not? Some of them are pretty good. I'd recommend Retro City Rampage. Also on 3ds. Shovel Knight, La-Mulana EX and Rogue Legacy are all pretty good as well.
>>
>>292114940
The PSP had a more robust western library but most of the games were trash compared to their vita counterparts.
>>
I don't know if this question belongs here, but does the Dualshock4 headphone jack work with PSTV now?
>>
>>292115181
Ah yes, the PSP, a portable console remembered for its western games such as
>
>>
>>292115119
I've been playing isaac recently and it's great on the vita. Easily one of my best indies. I wanted to buy umihara kawase but it's delayed to the 30. in EU.
>>
>>292114443

>Definitive Remakes/Remasters of Good Games
Gets me every time.
>>
File: DEMOCRACY.jpg (989 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
DEMOCRACY.jpg
989 KB, 1920x1080
Highly recommend Helldiver, pretty fun stuff. Crossbuy on ps platforms too.
>>
>>292115238
Daxter was fun.

The gta gaMes were essential as well.
>>
>>292115119
This.
Picked up Hotline Miami for 3€, that was pretty great. It did some time to take used to controlling it, but when I played the sequel on PC I didn't find it to control that much better.
>>
>>292115119
Because they play better on a PC? Even a toaster.

>>292114940
You know damn well what weebshit means. MG Collection isn't weebshit. The problem with the Vita is that you basically listed every game available, including some shovelware and indie titles. There's little else. That's called scarcity, something the PSV is great at.

>>292115119
gr8 arguments m8 :^)
>>
>>292115283
>>Definitive Remakes/Remasters of Good Games
> Gets me every time.

You act as if only vita gets ports. 3ds has plenty of ports too. But it's ok when nintendo does it.
>>
>>292115484
>Because they play better on a PC? Even a toaster.

Enjoy carrying your toaster to work.
>>
>>292115484
>play better on PC

Plays exactly the same, also
>handheld
>>
>Because they play better on a PC? Even a toaster.
Nice portable toaster.
>>
>>292115484
very few indie games run poorly on vita.

also i'd MUCH rather play pixelshit on a handheld than sitting at my desk.
>>
>>292115484
dude, all handhelds are weeb machines. 3DS is no exception.
>>
>>292115484
>The problem with the Vita is that you basically listed every game available, including some shovelware and indie titles.
No. Just because you're poorly aware of why those games are good doesn't make them shovelware.
Lurk more, play more games.
>>
>>292115238

A lot of what you posted there, actually.
>Ratchet and Clank
>Wipeout
>Killzone
Plus other western games like
>Burnout Legends and Dominator
>3 fucking GTA games
>Daxter
>God of War
>LBP
>Gran Turismo

>>292115497

Who said anything about ports?
>Good Games
That's the part which gets me laughing.
>>
>>292115238
GTA, Ratchet and Clank, Littlebigplanet, Killzone, Resistance, Jak & Daxter, Wipeout, Need for Speed, Gran Turismo, God of War, Fifa, football manager, and dozens more?
>>
>>292115858
>Good Games
>That's the part which gets me laughing.

And the reason why you think they are horrible games is because it's not on the 3ds.
>>
>>292115954
Almost all of these got terrible version on PSP, so no.
>>
>>292115815
>cod/AC/bamham trash

Your own words.
>>
File: 149e04a37f6b5327da04354bdc3c9fcf.jpg (498 KB, 1024x1022) Image search: [Google]
149e04a37f6b5327da04354bdc3c9fcf.jpg
498 KB, 1024x1022
>>292110539
Yeah, this guy's got it. Though he's missing a couple things, I think.

like what about Deception IV/Nightmare Princess?
Or EDF2V2 instead of 2017?
If you like DRPGs, then I think Demon Gaze is a blast.

Thenn there's also Gravity Rush, VLR, Dragon's Crown, and hell, there's even still new PSP games getting released like Brandish, Class of Heroes 3, and Summon Night 5. And the upcoming library gets even better.

I can pretty much guarantee the Vita will have a good number of games you'll be into. You just have to be willing to branch out and take a look at things that aren't heavily advertised.
>>
>>292116065
Are you autistic? I said myself that the PSP had more western support, but in general what it got was worse than the vita iterations.

You asked me for ones its known by, not what ones were good - and all of those franchises did well on the psp.
>>
>>292116007

I think Persona 4 is bad because I can play it on my PS2, fat PS3 and my PC. This isn't about brand loyalty you ape, it's about having the gall to say that as if it was factual and not subjective that a game is good.
>>
>>292116278
>I think Persona 4 is bad because I can play it
Sounds like /v/.
>>
>>292116278
>I think its bad because I can play an inferior version on other platforms

are you retarded or did you just word this poorly?
>>
>>292116278
Persona 4 isn't bad because you can play it on several consoles, it's bad because it's a bad game.

And you can't play P4G on any of those platforms.
>>
>I think Persona 4 is bad because I can play it on my PS2, fat PS3 and my PC. This isn't about brand loyalty you ape, it's about having the gall to say that as if it was factual and not subjective that a game is good.
That's not Golden.
Go on and ask Persona general if you don't believe me, but it's clearly better.
>>
>>292116278
>I think Persona 4 is bad because I can play it on my PS2, fat PS3 and my PC.

That's some retarded logic there.

> This isn't about brand loyalty you ape, it's about having the gall to say that as if it was factual and not subjective that a game is good.

Sure it isn't. You're just shitting on every game on the vita because you hate sony.
>>
>>292116395

I did word this poorly. I have been able to play it, is what I meant to say.

>>292116418

Unless it completely overhauls the game I don't think I'll like it. But that's beside the point.

>>292116498

What if I told you I liked Muramasa?
>>
>>292116498

>Owns PS2, PS3
>Hates Sony
ya sure m8
>>
>Unless it completely overhauls the game I don't think I'll like it. But that's beside the point.
Well, that's just your opinion that most people disagree with, judging by the critical and user reception of the game.
>>
>>292116561
>What if I told you I liked Muramasa?

Now you're praising something on purpose after someone called your out on your bullshit. What you're doing now is damage control.
>>
It's useless. Aside from Persona, it's all soulless shovelware
>>
File: vitagames.jpg (798 KB, 1622x1175) Image search: [Google]
vitagames.jpg
798 KB, 1622x1175
>>292116769
This is something that people who don't own a vita and know nothing about the library say.

Old picture.
>>
>>292116769
>it's all soulless shovelware

Nobody really takes you seriously when you say that shit. See, you'd have to actually play every game on it before you can just say it's all shovelware. Most people just take it as fanboy bullshit.

Only people who believe you are other delusional elitist hardcore nintendo fanboys who also shit out their mouths. You people lie so much they you start believing the lies that you shit out.

I'm a 3ds owner and even I don't believe it's all shovelware. Just stop. Find a better hobby instead of shitting on the vita. Go play some games instead.
>>
>>292116962

Is dat a PC 98?

>>292116712

>Your opinions are invalid because otherwise I'd be talking bullshit
Right, of course. Why are vitafags so defensive?

>>292116695

Like I said, you can't objectively claim a game is good which is the impression that post gives.
There's plenty of stuff on that list with a bad score. Senran Kagura has a 67 metascore, which if you'd believe it means the game is trash. There are plenty of Persona haters on /v/ too.
>>
>>292116962
I've had a Vita since launch, and tried my best to like it.
It's shit.
>>
>>292116769
Funnily enough, I love my vita and games for it, but Persona 4 is one of the few games I don't even begin to care about. There's much better games than it on the vita.
>>
>>292102610
Get a 3DS, it has absolutely no weeb trash on it and it has an actual diverse library of games on it.

It has the best of each genre on the 3DS.

Best shooter, best SRPG, best RPG, best adventure, best fighting games, best sports games, best racing, best platformers and more.

Vita has nothing but poor japanese weeb clones of the best games on the 3DS, it's just stupid how anyone could say it's any good at all.
>>
>>292117156

>it has an actual diverse library of games on it.
Since when?
>>
>>292117208
Since launch.

3DS has too much games and too many games coming to it. It's pretty much the best handheld ever.
>>
>>292102610
I have both Vita and 3DS and trust me, just buy/emulate DS/PSP
>>
File: weebshit on the 3ds.png (353 KB, 1024x819) Image search: [Google]
weebshit on the 3ds.png
353 KB, 1024x819
>>292117156
>Get a 3DS
>it has absolutely no weeb trash on it
>>
>>292117289

But the 3DS was panned early on due ot the lack of software at launch. It had to have a drastic price cut because of it.

>>292117303

>Emulating consoles whose content can easily be pirated on real hardware
Disgusting.
>>
>>292108493
netflix works for me
>>
File: 1419775619430.jpg (22 KB, 376x376) Image search: [Google]
1419775619430.jpg
22 KB, 376x376
>>292117156
>no weeb trash
>Best shooter
>best fighting games
>best sports games
>best racing
>>
File: 14251215535.jpg (66 KB, 650x464) Image search: [Google]
14251215535.jpg
66 KB, 650x464
It's pretty great. If you're into JRPGs, Persona is just the obvious game.
You should check out
>Gravity Rush
>WipEout
>Need for Speed
>Freedom Wars
>Soul Sacrifice Delta
>Dragon's Crown
>Danganronpa 1 and 2
>Sly Thieves in Time
at least.
The 2k model normally retails for $170, but check for deals where you get games or a memory card on top of that.
That screen is still pretty good even if it's no OLED, and the better battery life is obviously a bonus.
>>
File: EDF.jpg (623 KB, 959x2721) Image search: [Google]
EDF.jpg
623 KB, 959x2721
>>292117121
You bet it's a PC98.

>>292117137
Oh. Sorry to hear it. What games did you get for it, out of curiosity?

>>292117156
Gonna have to completely disagree on that one. I've had one since launch and it's just fizzled and died out for me.

>best shooter

Does 3DS even have shmups? There's the censored/ruined port of Summer Carnival '92 Recca, but I haven't seen anything else of note.

>best fighting games
I'm pretty sure every fighting game on 3DS is available with a better version on vita.

>best RPG
I used to think this, but the Vita has totally caught up and surpassed it. EO is one of my favorite series ever though.

>best platformers
This was true before Chirari came to Vita.

In general, vita also has more variety in games.
>>
>>292117156
>it has an actual diverse library of games on it.

It doesn't even have any fps aside from kid icarus. Also one of the most horrible shooters I've ever played. Shitty control scheme for a shooter. And half that shit was on rails. I'm baffled by how nintenyearolds praise it as a great shooter. But I guess that's because it's the ONLY shooter it has.
>>
>>292117156
Don't get a 3DS.
There's an emulator in works, looking to progress fine.
So it's not going to take that long until you can just emulate whatever games the 3DS has on PC, with better graphics and control anyways.
>>
>>292117546

What games do you have for it?

Also
>>best RPG
>I used to think this, but the Vita has totally caught up and surpassed it.
What's the Vita's killer JRPG? I hope you're not talking about Persona 4.
>>
>>292117091
I wonder why every PSV fanboy is so defensive. You don't see people using that kind of logic with any other platform, it's always the Vita.

Is it because the handheld is basically dead and even Sony doesn't seem to care for it anymore? Because this is obvious to anyone. They're just milking what's left of the fanbase.
>>
>>292117558

>There's an emulator in works, looking to progress fine.
If you're happy to only play 3DS games in 5 years, that is.
>>
>>292117647
Try Tales of Hearts R or Ys Memories of Celceta.
>>
>>292117546
>In general, vita also has more variety in games.

Is this delusion? Was it that bad back with the DS/PSP?

Somebody ought to make a comparison list between the two platforms. Of course, nobody cares that much since only Vitafags still seem to think their handheld has any chance.
>>
File: 1428812541472.jpg (218 KB, 645x898) Image search: [Google]
1428812541472.jpg
218 KB, 645x898
>>292116205
Decided to leave a few things off, my list was already getting long as is. But yeah, the Vita's variety is really nice.

With the sheer volume of games that cater to so many underserved niche demographics in today's gaming market, the "best games on the system" really differ quite a lot from person-to-person.
>>
>>292117796
They already have OoT up and running, and said to check it in a year or two.
It's not like there's anything interesting on the system in the meanwhile, unless you somehow didn't already play Pokemon in the last 20 years at least once.
>>
>>292117761
It's just a reaction to how aggressive nintendo fanboys are. And people are just sick of the lies and bullshit nintendo fanboys spread.
>>
File: Buyers remorse.png (1 MB, 1919x704) Image search: [Google]
Buyers remorse.png
1 MB, 1919x704
Buyers remorse thread? Buyers remorse thread.
>>
>>292117761
>I wonder why every PSV fanboy is so defensive.
I wonder why people attacking the Vita spew so much dumb, uninformed, hyperbolic bullshit.
>>
>>292117761
>I wonder why every PSV fanboy is so defensive.

Anyone group would be that defensive if you attack them with so much lies and bullshit for a very long time.

That's how GG started.
>>
>>292117971

>They already have OoT up and running
At 3fps on a devloper's computer, without any sound and massive glaring graphical bugs that make it hard to watch let alone play.
>>
>>292117936
No, he's absolutely right.
It's got ARPG, FPS, TPS, JRPG, platforming, beat-em-up, arcade, point and click adventure, visual novel, action adventure, 2D shooter, hunting, racing and then a bunch of smaller genres.
It offers the better variety when looking for portable consoles.
>>
>destiny of spirits closing down
>youtube app killed
Enjoy your dead meme handheld.
>>
>>292118247
Yeah yeah. I remember when you said there'd never be a DS emulator either.
>>
>>292117936
> Is this delusion?

Better question is why don't you name a type of game that the vita lacks.
>>
>>292118258
The problem is not a lack of a particular genre, it's the fact it doesn't have many games of any particular genre except for weebshit.
>>
>>292118258
The fact alone that I can play EDF, then Deception IV, then Danganronpa, then Umihara Kawase, then Gravity Rush, then Technika Tune, then Atelier, then Ys, then fucking Jet Set Radio all on the same platform should be telling enough.
>>
>>292118381
Vertical shmups like Touhou and Cave games.
>>
>>292118452
> The problem is not a lack of a particular genre, it's the fact it doesn't have many games of any particular genre except for weebshit.

Same could be said for the 3ds.
>>
>>292118365

The DS is 11 years old, anon.
The DS was also a much simpler system with easy access to flashcarts and similar development tools which made it simpler to assess how the system worked internally.

>>292118514

PSP had it. Look up Star Soldier.
>>
>>292118557
>why don't you name a type of game that the vita lacks.
>PSP had it

Every time.
>>
>>292118514
> Vertical shmups like Touhou and Cave games.

And funny enough... Touhou is coming to vita.
>>
>>292118452
Damn, that's some nice backpedaling, son.
It's as I said, it offers the most in the genres I listed. "BUT THOSE DON'T COUNT BECAUSE JAPANESE GAMES" doesn't work here.
Not to mention there's plenty of western stuff.
>>
>>292118514
Completely agree with this one. The only thing really available for America worth noting is Zanac x Zanac, which is fucking awesome.

I think horis would make more sense though. I'd love to see Gundemonium and Deathsmiles on the vita.

Instead of fucking garbage like Sine Mora.
>>
>>292118212
Sarcasm? I mean, one weeb game after another and you dont know when to stop? (im jelly tho)
>>
>>292118527
Except it couldn't. Somebody really ought to compare the libraries just to put an end to this bullshit.
>>
File: skittlecurrent.jpg (1 MB, 1920x3808) Image search: [Google]
skittlecurrent.jpg
1 MB, 1920x3808
>tfw 64gb
>tfw no 128gb card
>>
>>292118452

Handheld libraries are largely Japanese in focus. Vita's doing nothing new in that regard. If anything it has more western support than the average handheld.
>>
>>292117546
>>292117551
>>292117558
>>292117435
>>292117353

Either you hate games or you didn't check out the 3DS's amazing library.

Best RPGs
Pokemon X/Y, Pokemon ORAS, SMT4, EO4, Xenoblade, Bravelt default, Denpa men, Mario & Luigi, Persona Q

Best platformers
Super Mario 3D land, Cave story, Shovel Knight, DKCR 3D

Best adventure games
Zelda OoT, Majora's mask, Zelda link between worlds, Zero escape, Ace attorney

Best fighting games
Street fighter 4, DOA Ultimate, Tekken, Blazblue

Best shooters
Kid Icarus, Star fox 3D, Moon chronicles

Best puzzle games
Pushmo, crashmo, Layton

Best racing games
Mario kart 7, Outrun 3D, Ridge racer

Best life sims
Fantasy life, harvest moon, Animal crossing, tomodachi collection, Story of seasons

Best hunting games
MH3G, MH4U, Final fantasy explorers

Best sports games
Mario Tennis, Mario Golf, Inazuma eleven

Best SRPGs
Devil survivor, Devil survivor 2, Fire emblem awakening, STEAM

and there's more I have not listed like star fox 3D and smash bros.

The Vita has absolutely jack shit compared to the 3ds and doesnt have any games as good as the 3DS's in any genre. Also the fact that the Vita has nothing but weebshit, only the most fervent japanophile will have any interest in getting a 3DS to be perverts instead of playing real games.
>>
>>292118650

Aren't those only fangames?

>>292118639

I'm just pointing out that it exists and as far as I know can be played.
I wish I still had the image of DoDonPachi tate'd on my PSP to post, it's fun as fuck.
That's also a pretty niche genre, something which has been pretty dead for a while.
>>
>>292118650
No it isn't. Touhou fangames are coming to the Vita, aka no shmups.
>>
File: 1425146189361.jpg (66 KB, 585x400) Image search: [Google]
1425146189361.jpg
66 KB, 585x400
>>292118494
This.

The system definitely has the most variety out of any handheld.
I can go from 2D platforming to JRPGs to FPS any day on the system.
>>
>>292118731
Then me good first person shooters on the 3ds. kid icarus is a horrible shooter btw.
>>
>>292118776

Pokemon XY and ORAS are pretty shitty.
A lot of what you posted there are simply ports.
>>
>>292118771
Indie support, which should be played on a PC to begin with.

Japanese focus != weebshit.
>>
>>292118872
Kid Icarus.
Kill Zone Merc is a horrible shooter btw
>>
>>292118557
>The DS is 11 years old, anon.
So is /v/.
New here? Because as I said, I remember when they said the same about the DS.
We already have the game running, the system isn't very powerful, proper emulation is just a matter of time now.
>>
>>292118872
Both lack shooters in general. Again, it's not about lacking a particular genre but having few games to show of any given genre.
>>
>>292118776

> Best platformer
> Doesn't list the actual best platformer

No need to be shy about Yumi's Odd Odyssey now that Vita has it. It's excellent on both platforms.
>>
>>292118776
This.

Vita has nothing compared to these master pieces. Saved what you wrote for copy pasta reasons when uneducated drones try to pretend their dead handheld has a more diverse library than the 3DS.
There's a reason why it's killing the competition.
>>
>>292118776
I have a 3DS. I love several games on it, like KIU, Etrian Odyssey IV, Space Harrier, Outrun, Galaxy Force, Soul Hackers, Code of Princess, and Rune Factory 4.

I think your list here is more indicative of the fact that you seem to have very limited knowledge about games if they're not super popular. And many of the games you listed here are either better on, or have better equivalents for Vita. You can't say the same about the Vita library.
>>
>>292118776
I don't even have a 3DS but I've already played most of these.
The 3DS has absolutely jack shit good games, even the stuff you've listed here is full of ports, ports, shovelware.
>>
>>292118980

I completely agree proper emulation is just a matter of time at this point. My point is that the system will be dead before it's good enough to consider using over real hardware.
>>
>>292119092
>I don't have a 3ds, but I've played most of those 3DS exclusives

My sides are outta here.
>>
>>292119029
>>292119089
>>292119092
Here comes the defensive Vita fanboys defending their shit handheld in comparison to the 3DS lel
>>
>>292118927

Which is why devs like Atlus, Nihon Falcon, Tecmo Koei, NISA, and Vanillaware have been plenty supportive of the Vita.
>>
>>292118946
>>292118872
>>292119021
EARTH FUCKING DEFENSE FORCE
>>
>>292119197
Don't worry, I have a vita as seen >>292118212 here. It's library is trash and has nothing on the 3DS.
>>
>>292119197

Nah, Umihara Kawase actually is that good. I'm pretty neutral on the matter to be honest. I like both handhelds.
>>
>>292118894
But it's OK when it's indies or shitty MonHun clones on the Vita, right?

>>292119092
Pretty much like with every Vita list. Except it usually has half the games he listed.
>>
File: 1418600276937.jpg (36 KB, 481x394) Image search: [Google]
1418600276937.jpg
36 KB, 481x394
>>292119197
>>
>>292119225
Except those usually produce weebshit.
>>
>>292119225
>NISA
>Atlus
>Vanillaware
>Good

All these have put on the Vita is censored games. Even the 3DS has more lewd games than the vita because everything lewd on the vita gets butchered hardcore.
Hope you're looking forward to DT2 :^)
>>
>>292119170
>pokemon
>EO
>Xenoblade
>Cave story
>shovel knight
>kong dong
>ocarina of time
>majora's mask
>Zero escape
>ace attorney
>street fighter
>Tekken
>blazblue
>star fox
>Layton
>Mario kart
>ridge race
>harvest moon
>animal crossing
>MH3
>devil survivor
>devil survivor 2
I don't even have a 3DS but I've played all of these.
Get rekt.
>>
>>292119490
You forgot to post your picture showing that you own all the systems/emulators to run those games.
I'll wait.
>>
File: 1429346787723.jpg (80 KB, 713x531) Image search: [Google]
1429346787723.jpg
80 KB, 713x531
>>292119371
>>292119317
>>292119197
>>292119057
How come the 3DS fanboys keep flooding the Vita threads like they'd feel extremely threatened by the system?
The sales shouldn't suggest so, the 3DS fanboys shouldn't feel the need to defend their system in completely unrelated threads, so what's the deal?
Did they run out of games to play or why are they so defensive every time people are just enjoying their Vitas?
>>
>>292118829
>The system definitely has the most variety out of any handheld.
DS had 10 times more games of any genre you're thinking about.
>>
>>292119689
It's just shitposters.
>>
>>292119689
>3DS fanboys
>Posted a picture of my vita's games

Are all vita drones this delusional?
>>
>>292119479

Define weebshit. Some of those like NISA sure, but even then they gave Vita htoL#NiQ, which I thought was quite good despite it basically being a Limbo clone. I don't see how games like Dragon's Crown or Ys Memories of Celceta are weebshit either.
>>
File: 1424382788473.gif (41 KB, 350x173) Image search: [Google]
1424382788473.gif
41 KB, 350x173
>>292119689
That's just Nintendo fanboys for you, still mad at Sony for...something, I don't even know.

ANYWAYS, op, be wary of shills and fanboys.
I don't even get why, but this kind of flood of 3DS fanboys usually happens at some point whenever you make a Vita thread on /v/. Especially if you do it on weekends, so try making a thread on middle of week if you want better replies.
>>
>>292119849
Celceta doesn't have to be weeb shit. It's the worst game in the Ys series, as agreed upon by falcom generals.
Kefin is a better game than it, that's how much of a joke celceta is.
>>
File: 7.jpg (60 KB, 571x459) Image search: [Google]
7.jpg
60 KB, 571x459
Homebrew when?

There was a massive fuss over the webkit exploit and now 6 months later they havent even got user code running on it.
>>
>>292120040

> the worst game in the Ys series

Considering how good the series is on average, that's not all that dubious a distinction.
>>
>>292120113
Just do what I'm doing and buy a cheap second hand vita then wait for it.
>>
>>292120032
Or just ask vitagen, since most of the people who know their shit seem to have ditched this place entirely.
>>
File: 1428522574080.jpg (69 KB, 611x548) Image search: [Google]
1428522574080.jpg
69 KB, 611x548
>>292119804
>DS had 10 times more games of any genre you're thinking about.
Holy shit, Nintendo fanboys do love to overplay anything Nintendo.
But alright.
Gimme some fighting, 3D action adventure and first- or third person shooters, because my DS is gathering dust.

Keep in mind you have to name 10 fighting games, 50 action adventures and 20 shooters, if you want to stay even close to your word. I'm being easy on you, I've got more games than that I liked on Vita but I don't want to be _that_ cruel.
>>
>>292120297
I agree OP, go ask the most bias containment general if you should buy a Vita. I'm sure they'll give you an honest answer, unlike here :^)
>>
>>292120113
Apparently, an exploit for 3.36 was found.
http://wololo.net/2015/04/22/new-webkit-exploit-found-vita-maybe-playstation-4/
>>
>>292110539
Do you think Umihara is worth $20? I want it, but I also want to wait for it to go on sale. if it ever will
>>
File: Capture.png (6 KB, 1104x61) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
6 KB, 1104x61
>>292114270
wot
>>
>>292119689
3DS has been dead since 2013, that was the peak of the system.

Now all the 3DS gets are mediocre experiments from Nintendo to test micro transactions and DLC for the company and every large 3rd party developer got out of the 3DS train once they realize if their game isn't aimed for the 8-12 children or women, then the game is going to flop as every game has moved onto the Vita.

So the remaining 3rd party support is trying to cash in on the children market like with Yokai watch, MH Stories and more. This is why the Vita keeps getting game announcements for it while the 3DS has run dry of both game announcements and localisations for it due to the western audience of Nintendo fanboys that don't buy 3rd party games.
>>
>>292120406
Oh man, I can feel the mad seeping out.
Must be because as big of a joke the /vitagen/ is, it still makes the /3dsgen/ look like a breadcrumb.
>>
File: _42836129_g7_yeltsin_ap.jpg (29 KB, 416x300) Image search: [Google]
_42836129_g7_yeltsin_ap.jpg
29 KB, 416x300
>>292119225
>Atlus
>plenty supportive of the Vita.
lel, soon 3ds will have more Atlus games than all Sony systems combined starting from PS2.
>>
>>292120642
Indeed, I'm sure 3DS gen is seething mad at the prospect of not being overrun by erp'ing faggots.
>>
>>292120475

It's just a different hack for the webkit, there's still zero progress on native code running.
>>
>>292120491
Yes, definitely, as long as you're okay with a game that has no problem kicking your ass. It's really cathartic when you finally beat a level that took you 30+ tries. It includes the SNES Umihara Kawase too. Totally worth it.
>>
>>292120374
Fighting:

Bleach: Dark Souls
Jump Ultimate Stars
Naruto: Ninja Destiny
Ultimate Mortal Combat
Spore Hero Arena

Action:

Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days
Phantasy Star Zero
Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles (series)
Avalon Code
Lunar Knights
Ninja Gaiden: Dragon Sword

Shooting:

MOON
Metroid Prime Hunters
Call of Duty (series)
Space Invaders Extreme (series)
Big Bang Mini
Nanostray (series)
Geometry Wars
Dementium: The Ward
Brothers in Arms

There you go faggot
>>
File: 1428259639165.gif (4 MB, 280x210) Image search: [Google]
1428259639165.gif
4 MB, 280x210
We have this thread every day, every FUCKING day, and every single time vitafags trick some poor fool into buying their dying handheld.

I borrowed one from a friend to see what the hype was all about and guess what? Been through it's library already, probably because it isn't very extensive to being with.

What am I left with now? A broken PSP CFW and weebshit. What's there to be hopeful for? Weebshit, tons of it.

I'm not gonna lie, there are a few good games on the platform, but the vast majority of games ARE weebshit. So fuck off with your bullshit.
>>
>>292120297

Eh, as someone who has been on vitagen for over 2 years now, they themselves aren't too helpful most of the tims. Legitimate questions get lost in the sea of tripfaggotry and shitposting. That said, every Vita owner, aspiring or otherwise, should keep an eye on the vitagen OP for news and the vitagen game list. If nothing else, they keep good tabs on what all comes out on Vita.
>>
>>292120815
Vitafag status : Well and truly told

inb4
>b-b-b-b-b-but
>>
>>292119689
You didn't address any of my points, though. You're just being defensive. Again.

It seems that's all Vita fanboys can do, really.
>>
>>292120491

Fuck yes, especially if you like physics-based platforming. Hell, you even get 2 games with it.
>>
>>292120990
Being defensive and spouting shit is a trademark for Vita fanboys though.
>>
Did that Valkyria Chron 3 translation ever get patched? Was pretty bad before.
>>
File: 1426525367617.jpg (71 KB, 834x1283) Image search: [Google]
1426525367617.jpg
71 KB, 834x1283
>>292120815
>>292120989
>nintendo fans actually recommending Call of Duty
Enough /v/ for the day it is.

The worst part of this is that it's just a copypaste of
https://gbatemp.net/threads/best-ds-games-for-each-genre.193858/
with still no mention action-adventure and teeming plenty of 2/5 according to various reviews.
>>
>>292120787
>>292121093
I watched that episode of GCCX and it looks great. Thanks for the input.
>>
>>292120990
Why would anyone bother?
All 3DS fanboys do is spam unrelated threads with their shilling until it dies.

As I said, we thankfully only get this on weekends when the kids have the time, but it's still a bother.
>>
>>292121414
>b-b-b-b-b-but
every.
time.
>>
>>292121584
I don't know man, I see plenty of good points go unanswered.

It makes vitafags looks defensive and desperate.
>>
>>292121597
Is that your actual argument for playing Naruto, Bleach and Call of Duty? Funny part of this is that these same fanboys call out this crap on other threads.
Thank god I'm not a fanboy this blind.
>inb4 more stuttering
>inb4 more excuses for terrible shovelware
>>
File: 13142141242343.jpg (356 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
13142141242343.jpg
356 KB, 1200x1200
>>292121856
>You will never be so mad that you say you're leaving the thread, only to be so humiliated about getting blown the fuck out that you have to stay and type more embarrassing shit to try save face
>>
>>292121856
Where's your 50 action adventures from Vita?
>>
>>292110539
Has there been announcement on when Umihara releases in the west?
If it ever will?
>>
>>292122121
Last tuesday
>>
>>292121856
>Thank god I'm not a fanboy this blind.
lol
>>
>>292122113
He said ten times more, not me.
I only stated five games because those I've played and enjoyed so far.
I'm not going to drop down to start just listing shovelware like a fanboy trying to make "impressive" lists of games.
>>
>>292122235
>he plays bleach
>he plays naruto
>he plays Call of Duty
But it's okay because it's on Nintendo, right?
>>
File: 1427697384747.jpg (578 KB, 1280x1920) Image search: [Google]
1427697384747.jpg
578 KB, 1280x1920
OP here didn't think this thread was still alive.

All comments have been read and appreciated and taken into account.

>>292113641
I'm not shilling anyone. If I was I would have talked how I already own the thing. Or I guess I would.

>>292114443
Sounds like a decent list of games, out of which I already have gravity rush, killzone, muramasa and Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward from ps+. Might have dragons crown too if I remember correctly.

>>292117156
I already have a 3ds and enjoy games on it a lot. Vita would be a less embarassing to haul around/play in transit, and I could enjoy videos from it too.

If digimon cyber sleuth came to west it would really tip me over to buying Vita.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEsayZSG8yc

Playing ps1 games on the go is a nice thing I haven't thought about though. I've Ive bought psone classics on ps3 can I download them on Vita too?

Also as I have PS4, what are your experiences of the two devices together. Can I properly play games from Vita screen or is it advertisement bull?
>>
>>292122342
Naruto has some of the best fighting games around, which is why Ninja storm sells so good time after time.

Call of Duty is fine as far as FPS games go. If you weren't so bothered by looking good in front of a bunch of anons on /v/, you would know this.
>>
>>292117546
DUUUUUDE, is that the new EDF on Vita?
How does it run on Vita? At least "as good" as Portable 2017?
>>
>>292122121

Came out this past Tuesday. Digital only but it's less than 400MB. Get your Umihara on, anon.
>>
>I've Ive bought psone classics on ps3 can I download them on Vita too?
Yes, at least most games should work.
Technically through piracy you can make almost any PS1 game work, but there might be certain arbitrary limitations to what works on PS3 but not on Vita.
Or maybe not, I've not tried PSN PS1 games on PS3 but I've just heard some talks. Just plug the thing into PS3 and try.
>>
>>292112928
Name a single game on that system that isn't on another platform, and isn't a first party exclusive by sony.
>>
>>292122368
Remote play works fantastically so long as you have decent internet speeds and are willing to mess around with button assignments a bit if the default doesn't do it for you - some stuff like Destiny will automatically alter the ui and include some touch controls if it detects you're playing on vita too, which is great.
>>
>>292122608
First party sony exclusives suck too. See freedom wars with its IOS style crafting system.
>>
>>292118776
>The Vita has absolutely jack shit compared to the 3ds and doesnt have any games as good as the 3DS's in any genre.

This is fucking bait but here you go:

Best RPGs
Tales of Hearts R, Oreshika, P4G, Atelier Series, Sen no Kiseki

Best platformers
Umihara Kawase, Shovel Knight, Tearaway, LBP Vita, Sly Collection

Best adventure games whatever the fuck you mean with this since you are listing basically VNs there
Ys MoC, Danganronpa, zero Escape, Steins;Gate, Dragon's Crown, Muramasa Rebirth

Best fighting games
Blazblue, j-stars victory vs, Dengeki Bunko: Fighting Climax

Best shooters
Killzone Mercenary, Unit-13, Resistance: Burning Skies, EDF

Best puzzle games
gtoL#NiQ, Deception IV

Best racing games
Wipeout 2048, Need for Speed: Most Wanted

Best hunting games
Toukiden Kiwami, Soul Sacrifice Delta, Freedom Wars

Best sports games
Fifa 13, Everybody's Golf

Best SRPGs
Disgaea 4, Natural Doctire, Hyperdevotion Noire: Goddess Black Heart, Frozen Synapse

And that's missing some genres like FPS, Shmups, Rhythm games, Topdpwn shooters and VNs which the vita has plenty of. It also has the better indie games by far since Shovel Knights is now also avaible on vita and the 3DS has basically jack shit .
>>
>>292122534
>Call of Duty is fine as far as FPS games go.
I've actually played CoD on DS. I have a flashcard.

So no.
>>
>>292115238
Piracy and Super Nintendo emulators
>>
File: 194592_front.jpg (243 KB, 1159x1475) Image search: [Google]
194592_front.jpg
243 KB, 1159x1475
>no mention of Shinobido 2
Lets fix that
>>
>>292122761
Post it then.
>>
>>292122608
Dang-it-ron-pauls or Ys Celceta for example.
>>
>>292122608
Danganronpa AE
Ys Memories of Celceta
Lumines Electronic Symphony
htol#niQ
Etc.
>>
>>292122342

In his defense I did play Bleach The Blade of Fate back in high school and it actually was a pretty decent fighter. Hell, some of the console Naruto games were good too. They are properties that lend themselves well to the fighting genre despite their licensed nature. That all said, I wouldn't call them necessary by any means. They just aren't that bad.
>>
File: WP_20150321_005.jpg (2 MB, 2592x1456) Image search: [Google]
WP_20150321_005.jpg
2 MB, 2592x1456
>>292122856
Post what, the ROM?
If you want pix of my DS with flashcard I happen to have it running Quake II here.
It's unplayable because of the low FPS.
>>
>>292122749
>port
>port
>multiplat
>port
>multiplat
>>
File: 2015-02-05-142744.jpg (124 KB, 960x544) Image search: [Google]
2015-02-05-142744.jpg
124 KB, 960x544
A Vita is a fine purchase, you just need to know what you're getting in to.

Most "western" AAA+ games were launch titles that sold poorly, along with the console. In those times you could only get $50 trade in from Gamestop/Amazon and used/refurbished consoles were selling as low as $120 (which is the price I got mine for along with a clearance 4GB Memory card for $5.)

Since then, the Japanese game market has taken over development on the system alongside indie/Kickstarter games. There's plenty of games coming out that are translated, which another subset will tell you not to buy because they covered a boob window or gave a loli a swimsuit.
>>
File: image.jpg (214 KB, 1136x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
214 KB, 1136x640
Sony is giving up on the vita

Threads like these are sad attempts to sell remaining vita stock before they go on the clearance rack

Pic related : the entire vita shelves on the clearance rack
>>
>>292122812

I fucking want this game but I have a Vita backlog and can't make myself consider it until I play through Wrath of Heaven on my PS2 backlog. I did try the demo though and I liked it.
>>
>>292123241
Aside fro mthe shortage of maps its so fuckin good man. My handheld GOAT
>>
Sony please stop shilling the vita . It's too obvious
>>
>>292122749
>Oreshika
I love games that have paywalls too.
>Ys MoC
The game that killed Ys by casualizing it. Nice.
>Dragon's Crown
Boring MMO rotation beat em up with no difficulty what so ever.
>Deception IV
A joke of a game.
>Toukiden Kiwami, Soul Sacrifice Delta, Freedom Wars
All literally shit. Source : I have them all and MH shits on every single one of them.

>Shmups
>which the vita has plenty of

Already been proven wrong.
Try again.
>>
>>292123063
>it's a bad thing that the Vita is actually capable of playing games that are also released on PS3 while the 3DS has problems running PS2 games with a steady framerate
>It's okay to list multiplats like Zero Escape or Blazblue for the 3DS
>It's okay to list ports like Zelda OoT, MM, Star Fox, Devil sruvivor for the 3DS
>>
>>292123439
>>It's okay to list ports like Zelda OoT, MM, Star Fox, Devil sruvivor for the 3DS

Ports = games built from the ground up for a system, apparently. You heard it here first.

Vita fanboys never cease to say stupid shit.
>>
File: 1425873608851.png (50 KB, 169x206) Image search: [Google]
1425873608851.png
50 KB, 169x206
>>292111110
>new taiko drum Game
>>
>>292123421
Am I supposed to take you serious after you said something like this?

>Oreshika
I love games that have paywalls too.

I mean what are we talking about? The price of the game? I didn't know 3DS games were free.
>>
>>292122534
Naruto games sell exclusively o nthe fact that they're Naruto games. The mechanics themselves are complete ass, choosing to look flashy instead of playing well
>>
>>292123421
Post a picture with a timestamp of your vita and these games then - either in their boxes or their bubbles.

Make sure the vita is to the right of the pile of boxes, too.

I'll believe you then :^)
>>
File: image.jpg (174 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
174 KB, 640x1136
My iPhone has more games than vita.
>>
>>292123623
>star fox
>devil survivor
>built from the ground up for the system

you're legitimately retarded
>>
>>292123439
You first point doesn't make any sense, because nobody says that.
And 3DS has less than 30% of multiplats/ports, while Vita has around 80%.
>>
>>292123421
>the game that killed Ys
Confirmed to be talkin out your ass
>>
>>292123421
>I have them all and MH shits on every single one of them.

I found the Ninteyearold
>>
File: 1324341708022.png (33 KB, 300x259) Image search: [Google]
1324341708022.png
33 KB, 300x259
>lel the vita is shit, it has no games, buy a 3ds instead
>but it has games you're just making things up
>lol vitafags are so defensive with their dead handheld

Why does the Vita trigger /v/ so much?
>>
>>292123771
Already posted my 16GB memory card filled with buyers remorse game (couldn't fit some on) >>292118212
Some games like deception 4 I have for the PS3.
>>
>>292120032
> sonyggers actually think they aren't shills

Sony indoctrinated you well
>>
File: female anime face.png (191 KB, 657x539) Image search: [Google]
female anime face.png
191 KB, 657x539
>>292124057

The same way anime reaction images do.
>>
>>292121414
Sony is made a deal with COD to get exclusive dlc .

Soon you sonyggers will praise COD to no end
>>
This thread started off similar to those faggots pretending to buy ps tv .

Sony step up your shilling
>>
>>292124140
Then direct me towarss the picture m8, since I can't seem to find any that include a timestamp
>>
>>292124057
>Vita has the most variety out of any handheld ever.
>Vita has plenty support of Atlus
>indie shit is alright, when it's on Vita
Maybe because for retarded shills/fanboys?
>>
>>292124629

I'd actually love to buy a PS VIta if it played all the games I cared about.
Even with the memory card bullshit, £45 is a steal.
>>
>>292124631
No timestamp required. I can move the skittles into a position/order you like to prove its mine.
>>
>>292124791

Set the background to that faggot's post.
>>
>>292124057

I think it triggers normalfags more than anyone else. The Vita is a marketing disaster, no ifs, ands, or buts so the only people who like it are those who actually bother to educate themselves about it. At a distance the Vita does look pretty abysmal, and those who rely on that image won't exactly have much nice to say about it.
>>
I love how sony shills are getting exposed
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 81

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.