[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Nintendo NX
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 116
Thread images: 10
File: NX.jpg (26 KB, 420x440) Image search: [Google]
NX.jpg
26 KB, 420x440
Let us speculate.

>Will it be underpowered? (probably)
>Will it have a gimmick?
>Will it be poorly named?
>Will it have any real audience in 2018 when everybody is using PC or SteamMachines?
>>
>Yes
>Yes
>Yes
>No

just like every nintendo console since the 64
>>
File: NX.png (110 KB, 725x880) Image search: [Google]
NX.png
110 KB, 725x880
It will be a handheld that will still be weaker than the vita.

They've said that they want it to have an OS and architecture that is universal, like iOS and android, so there will never be software shortage again

How they're gonna pull this off I have no idea
>>
File: 341241.jpg (27 KB, 246x337) Image search: [Google]
341241.jpg
27 KB, 246x337
>>290177508
>steammachines

and you were doing so well.

Anyways it doesnt matter its like 5 years away. But if i had to guess it wont be too "underpowered" again. Will probably have a gimmick and be named something weird though.
>>
>>290177882
The GCN was the most powerful of that gen though
>>
>>290178404

Xbox?
>>
>>290178404
When it was released, yes. But Xbox wound up being more powerful.
>>
>>290178762
while being 3x larger.
>>
>>290177508
>anyone using a steam machine

Nobody is going to buy that shit. Too expensive for consolefags, too restricted for PCfags.
>>
Post yfw NX is revealed to be a super buff gamecube with no gimmicks, a massive lineup of both first and third party games
>>
>>290177508

It'll definitely be underpowered. Nintendo likes to keep things cheap and affordable for soccer moms all across the US to buy for their kids.

It'll be literally yet another gimmick, or, "another way to make video gaming fun and innovative", as they like to say, that Nintendo will rely on to keep this console strong. And once again, this will be the thing that kills the console.
>>
>yfw it's called the NEX
>Nintendo Entertainment Xperience
>>
Sony has won for the foreseeable future just because people wanted something new. Minecraft is available there so the children flock to it. Mario is going mobile and kids are too dumb to realize it'll be shit.

Nx will further alienate the console user base. It will release at a bad time because the next Microsoft and don't hardwares will come out in the middle of its life cycle. It will sell poorly because Nintendo's entire marketing aesthetic is barely noticeable. Right down to the colors they use. They have built a bubble and trapped themselves in it. They don't even present their products as being competitors to other systems anymore. They don't try to appeal to the masses with improved online infrastructure, third party support or new IPs that aren't cartoons. Every company that ever backed them is in shambles, rare, capcom, square, atlus etc. Have all moved on for better or for worse. The industry has shifted and is composed of AAA open world garbage, first person shooters and niche titles to appeal to hardcore gamers, none of which will release on these consoles because of the bad gimmicks and architecture. This is really sad to me because I don't mind Nintendo at all. It'll be weird to see them fade further and further out of the race. You have to accept this. They are a Japanese company and will not change or admit any mistakes they've made. It's fucking over.

Luckily their handhelds will still be around.
>>
>>290178096
Sauce me to that interview please mah nigga
>>
>>290179178
NX will be a handheld you ignoramus.
>>
>>290179739
Where have they said that it was going to be a handheld?
>>
>>290177508
>Will it be underpowered?
Compared to PC? Of course, it's a console/handheld.
Compared to Sony/Microsoft? Probably, although not to the extent that would hold it back. You can guarantee that people will whine about it and Ubisoft/EA will use it as an excuse to not make NX games, though.

>Will it have a gimmick?
Yes. I've heard talk of donuts. If nothing, having the handheld and console run on the same hardware implies some sort of touch screen controls for both, most likely.

That's really only been a problem with the Wii U and New 3DS. A new system isn't likely to have that problem, although confusion between the console and handheld is quite likely.

>Will it have any real audience in 2018 when everybody is using PC or SteamMachines?
Haha, funny joke.
>>
>>290178404
N64 and GC didn't use gimmicks and they weren't underpowered (although N64 was gimped by cartridges, but that's a different matter)

The whole "nintendo makes underpowered stuff" only started being true with the wii
>>
Yes
>Will it have a gimmick?
Yes, and just like the Wii U and 3DS it will be completely unnecessary and drag the whole thing down. At least the Wii was committed to its awful gimmick.
Unknown. That's the one area Nintendo may improve.
No, but it's lack of audience will be because of PS4, not PC.
>>
>>290177508
>Paid online
>mandatory installations (even for physical copies)
>every game will have DLC/amiibo shit
>Nintendo will slowly shift focus to mobile throughout the ninth gen

The future is going to be so great.
>>
being underpowered means nothing

Its about knowing how to use the fucking hardware

Nintendo manages to achieve 60 FPS and 1080P like champs while everybody else whine that it's too complicated

Metroid Prime looks better the most unreal engine 3 games despite being a modded 2

Zelda Grass physics is a mystery of the world
>>
>>290180235
They want to bridge the gap between the handhelds and home consoles what more do you need?
>>
I'm kinda hoping the NX is a 3DS successor.

720p or better screen and better than Vita graphics please.
>>
>>290180771
All I see is that they want something like a shared Operating System among their game systems, like how the Iphones and Ipads both use the same operating system.
>>
>>290180621

>Shift focus into mobile

How many times do we have to go through this?
DeNa is making the phone games, Nintendo is the ones who says what to do, no dev team will suddenly shift into mobile
>>
>>290181320
>DeNa is making the phone games

Except that's not true at all.
>>
>>290177508

>Yes
>Likely
>I don't see why not
>PC gamers generally have Nintendo Consoles to cover Nintendo exclusive games

The Wii U is only doing good because of Smash Bros. Smash Bros is only doing good because of lack of gimmicks and the ability to use Gamecube Controllers.

I would be surprised if Nintendo didn't do a 180 and went back to their Gamecube roots in order to prioritize a functional controller rather than shitty gimmicks.

But since this is Nintendo, and Nintendo loves gimmicks since the Wii (thanks Shiggy) I'm pretty sure it'll have a stupid gimmick for "muh backwards compatibility."
>>
>>290182058
>Gamecube
>functional controller
Choose one.
>>
>>290177508
>muh PC mustard rice.

When will you shitstains accept that PC is an irrelevant dying platform? You're an afterthought to every dev out there except for indie shitters, purely because theres no cost to shitting out indie crap on PC whereas releasing on consoles has fees.
>>
>>290179436
sauce THIS
*unzips dick*
>>
>>290177508
Nintendo partnered with a mobile game developer for a reason. This shit is gonna be a cheap phone with old technology and no phone capabilities.
>>
File: brixpro.png (126 KB, 580x388) Image search: [Google]
brixpro.png
126 KB, 580x388
I'm still waiting for the OUYA sized gamecube 2
>>
>>290182967
I'm a complete and utter console fag, but honestly if you think that pc gaming is dying then you need to get your fanboy head out of your ignoramus ass.
>>
>>290177508
>SteamMachines?

kek
>>
>Yes
>Yes
>Highly likely
>Yes, Nintendo fans
>>
>>290183506
If you say so my falseflagging friend.

PC is irrelevant and has been irrelevant for years.
Games are no longer beign made with PC as the focus. At best you can hope for a servicable port. Most of the time you get jack shit.
>>
>>290183506
>honestly if you think that pc gaming is dying then you need to get your fanboy head out of your ignoramus ass.
Correct. PC gaming is long since dead in favor of shitty console ports.
>>
>3D is optional in 3ds games
>Gamepad is optional in good Wii U games
Why do they even bother with gimmick shit?
>>
>>290178096
>How they're gonna pull this off I have no idea
It's going to be both the handheld and home console. Taking an extension of the Wii U it will play both games, hookup to your TV and be playable on the go.

They've already merged both 3DS and Wii U development studios into one department, hence why we see so many similar games now like Mario Kart 7 / 8, Super Mario 3D Land / World, Smash Bros 3DS & Wii U.

Source: sounds about right.
>>
>>290177508

Oh the r/pcmasterrace delusion is real.
>>
I really doubt that Nintendo will release NX before 2017, I have no idea why people think they will. Holiday season 2017 is the earliest I can see.
>>
>>290184137
They already confirmed it will be at E3 this year. They're not going to announce a console more than 2 years before they release it.
>>
>>290183751
>>290183776
I will totally give you that the PC has lost a lot of what it had going for it as far as exclusives are concerned, but why I think oc is still alive is because the of the user base. Plenty of indie games which, whether you like em or not, are perfectly fine games, and the modding community helps keeps alive and better the games that will have long since died out on their console counterparts.
The only company that really has exclusivity as a strength anymore is Nintendo. PlayStation and Xbox exclusives are lessening as more and more titles become multiplatform, the differences between those two are becoming more obscure.
>>
>>290182310
>tfw bought a Smash GC controller for GameCube games
:^)
>>
>>290177508
>2018 when everybody is using PC or SteamMachines
This was a joke, right?
>>
>>290177508
>No
>Duh
>Depends
>I have Wii U to add to my PC so yes.

I'm also not completely sold on the idea of Steam machines.
>>
>>290182310
Confirmed to never having even touched one.
>>
>>290184267
PC games were designed around PC input and would not work on consoles. This games do not exist anymore. Even indie games are designed around console limitations such as controllers. PC gaming is long since dead.
>>
>>290184228
Where did they confirm this? Wii U came out in 2012, I just don't see how they would only let it last 4 years.
>>
>>290184228
No they never, they confirmed it WON'T be at E3 this year and they'll talk about it next year.
>>
>>290184443
They confirmed it when they announced it. It's probably going to replace the 3ds.
>>
nintendo is fucked either way
>>
>>290184436
Sure, you might have to plug in a controller to play some games on a PC, but that doesn't mean it's dead. PC exclusivity is dead, but you can't just say a whole gaming platform is gone because you don't use the mouse and keyboard as often as you used to.
>>
>>290184228
Source? Last I heard they weren't going to reveal anything about it until next year.
>>
>>290184649
PC gaming is just console gaming at your desk. PC gaming is fucking dead bro.
>>
>>290177508

it's going to be the NintenPHONE
>>
All the clues are pointing towards some kind of universal platform to replace the 3DS and Wii U. Also it will probably tie into the smartphone move in some way.
>>
File: 1336514973323.jpg (311 KB, 900x1200) Image search: [Google]
1336514973323.jpg
311 KB, 900x1200
I swear to fuck if it has the word "Wii" anywhere in the name I'm going to give up on life.
>>
>>290184783
But with modding you can significantly enhance the experience. Personally I don't care for this kind of thing, but there are enough people out there that demand 60fps and perfected graphics and the like which is certainly something you don't get on consoles.
>>
>>290184970

It will be the WiiPhone
>>
>>290184228
>They already confirmed it will be at E3 this year.
"It is too early to elaborate on the details of this project but we hope to share more information with you next year."
>>
>>290185105
>But with modding you can significantly enhance the experience.
Name 5 games with full modding capabilities released in the last year. Texture mods work on consoles too.
>60 fps and better graphix is pc gaming
Maybe in 2015, but that's because PC has nothing else over consoles anymore.
>>
I'm very certain it'll be a phone or tablet pc. DeNA games will be timed exclusive and shit like those F2P Pokemon games will be launch titles. Probably have NFC for amiibo functions too.
The whole Quality of Life aspect will mean games are a second fiddle for making money and also keeps the 3DS viable.
>>
>>290184970
It will be the Wii Thrii.
>>
File: 45786237892.jpg (68 KB, 499x474) Image search: [Google]
45786237892.jpg
68 KB, 499x474
>>290183506

>consolefag talking shit about things he doesn't understand

I'm an idort and I've played on both consoles and pcs my entire life and let me tell you something about this whole pc master race ebin meemu from reddit:

It's made of consolekids. Yes, you heard me right. The master race thing is just a bunch of consolekids hyping up their consumerism habits by buying expensive machines that they don't even have a plan for.

Ever wondered why the r/pcmasterrace fedora tippers that also lurk here are always - ALWAYS - talking about theoretical advantages on hypothetically perfect scenarios FAR from reality, throwing around loose numbers and terminations such as 4k, 120fps, mods and the like but never actually talk about a SINGLE fucking game that isn't "modded skyrim"? Because they don't have any. That's as simple as it gets.

I've built over a hundred pcs for people, seriously, give me a budget and I'll assemble whatever you want, be it a gaming pc, a CAD pc, rendering one, you name it, and the one thing that is common between ALL the people I've helped is the fact that they are actually more excited about the purchase itself and discussing possible future upgrade paths. They are also excited about the supposed "status" they will get because pc gaming was made into a glorified "tru3 gamurr" badge by reddit's smartkids.

On the extremely rare occasion you see these people talking about actual games it's almost always some console multiplat and that's it.
>>
>>290184963
>Also it will probably tie into the smartphone move in some way.

If that's true, then any interest I had in the NX is dead.
>>
>>290184267
>This delusion
>this gradual inability to refure the objective fact that PC gaming is irrelevant.

Its not just exclusive,skidmark.
Every multiplat that comes to PC was an afterthought and most of the time runs like shit. Its a simple cashgrab because it requires no effort.

If consoles used a different structure than PC, you wouldnt even get those multiplats anymore because the cost of porting them wouldnt be worth it.

>b-b-but muh indie shit

Yeah, have fun paying for crappy games that used to be free on newsgrounds. Master race indeed.

>m-m-uh mods

Yeah, your precious my little pony and futa horsecock mods are so valuable to the industry.
Infact, its so valuable that certain devs that ported games to PC have warned you scumbags that if you cant keep it civil with the mods, it would be the first and last port you get.

But hey, thats all mustards are good at, shooting themselves in the foot and ruining things for themselves.
>>
File: 1398057608426.png (67 KB, 899x647) Image search: [Google]
1398057608426.png
67 KB, 899x647
>>290180739
>Nintendo manages to achieve 60 FPS and 1080P like champs while everybody else whine that it's too complicated

Oh boy, this meme again.
>>
>>290185105
And those people are nobodies, a pathetic minority. Hence why PC is dead.

There hasnt been a decent mod out for any game that isnt skyrim. Anything else just gets mods that completely ruin a game's aestethic.
>>
>>290177508

In a mixture of trying to be realistic and wishful thinking, my guess would be, that the main appeal (gimmick) NX will be some interconnection between Handheld and console.

The most drastic idea I can think of is:
A Handheld capaple of producing Graphics comparable to the WiiU (because let's face it: Nintendo has already some problems with "not enough manpower to produce a high quantity of HD-Games" and I guess this will not be fixed very soon), that you can plug it into a charging station, that also connects it to your TV and Internet via LAN and up to 4 controllers for local Multiplayer. So it's a compact console and a decent powerful Handheld at the same time.
This would have some advantages:
- This way you also need to buy every game only once to play it on the go or at home (I also just can't imagine Nintendo having a account-based Download-Service)
- Nintendo just need to program games for one platform

So:
>Will it be underpowered? (probably)
Based on historic data: yes.
>Will it have a gimmick?
I guess, yeah
(I just hope, they abandon the Wii/WiiU entirely because the controller Situation is already a huge clusterfuck of Wiimote (+Attachments), partly compatible GC-Controllers, Gamepad and WiiU-Procontroller)
Probably
No, the audience will be entirely fake.
>>
Video games will be dead and everything will have gone mobile by 2018. You all know it. Accept it.
>>
>>290185752
>Based on historic data: yes.
Hey, faggot, only the last two nintendo consoles have been the weakest of their generation. Kill yourself cockhead.
>>
>>290185450
This guy gets it.

Every time someone posts their "4K 120fps" build, I ask them:

What game will you play?

They can never answer.

Or if they do, its always "emulating a decade old game" or "some fotm indie game"

4K and 120 Fps have just become buzzwords.
>>
Here's what Nintendo needs to do:
1. Don't name it something fucking retarded like "New Nintendo Wii U". (I still can't believe they called it the "New 3DS" after the Wii U fiasco)

2. Drop the gimmicks. The people this appealed to have long since fled for mobiles, and they add nothing to the experience that can't be gotten from good game design. It also alienates developers and drives up the price of the console. Even the majority of Wii U games don't bother to use the gamepad in any meaningful way. Normal controller. Normal hardware.

3. Actually try hard to work with third party developers instead of against them. This is the big one, because Nintendo have failed at this with every console since the N64. Don't make a weird proprietary platform that's hard to develop for. Don't make the vetting process for games bullshit annoying. Actually try convincing western devs to port their shit instead of ignoring it. Just fucking cooperate instead of making the process unnecessarily difficult.

This is basically the make-or-break factor for console success, because ordinary people aren't going to want to buy something that they can't get their hyped-up AAA trash on. All that leaves for Nintendo is diehards and kids who only buy Mario and Pokemon. With game development cycles being so much longer and more expensive in the HD era, Nintendo can't rely on their in-house studios for their entire lineup anymore. If they can't manage this, it's going to be a replay of the Wii U, gimmicks or no gimmicks.

It also wouldn't hurt to improve their online network, none of this one-console, one-account bullshit.

Will they actually do any of these things? Probably not.
>>
>>290182058
Smash Bros is one of the shittiest first party games on the WiiU

Wii U has M3DW, MK8 and Bayonetta backing it up. Not fucking tr4sh
>>
>>290185647
Oh look, a chart full of lies. Wonderful
>>
>>290185647
>Bayonetta 2 fps drops
>unconfirmed

kek, the game only holds 60 when you're fighting 2 trash mobs in a tiny arena, even then particle effects drop it into the 40s

don't even get me started on bossfights and 5+ enemy encounters

I don't think I've ever felt it go below 30 though
>>
>>290185892
What I'm trying to say is, Nintendo has a long history of succeeding with underpowered hardware, where their competitors had more powerful systems
-SNES
-Gameboy
-NDS
-3DS
-Wii
-Wii U

When they tried to make more powerful consoles than the competition (N64, Gamecube) they were historically less successful.
So, no need to get upset, I just don't see Nintendo trying to top their competition on a technical level anytime soon.
>>
File: 1393987440875.jpg (25 KB, 419x304) Image search: [Google]
1393987440875.jpg
25 KB, 419x304
>>290185450
(continuing)

And they only talk about console multiplats because, again, they were consolefags all along. So to them, pc gaming being "alive" and "thriving" means buying a billion years old games they will never even download, let alone play, on a random steam sale for 50 bucks and boasting online how "pc gaming is the shit!".

Now, for people like me who actually grew up with pcs, the platform has clearly been made completely irrelevant a long time ago. I'd say Stalker was the last "big" thing to come out and that's a niche as fuck title. Honorable mentions to Divinity Original Sin, but it's just not impactful. Outside of that, there's Legend of Grimrock, and that's it.

I say this because before then, we had a plethora of games that were only possible on PCs and the UIs were all tailored to take advantage of a m+kb setup. Nowadays? Games are getting borderline unplayable if you're not using a controller. Off the top of my head, Inquisition plays like utter dogshit with m+kb and a controller is extremely better.

If you're going the "4k, 120 fps" parroting route, good luck in this day and age of unoptimized as titles. Besides, honestly, do you really think that these people who desperately try to convince you of PC's superiority while bragging about playing AAA console multiplats with slightly better fluff wouldn't be much better with a console that gets to play all those PLUS have access to it's own AAA exclusives? It's just consolekids in denial, son.
>>
>>290186916
>Wii U
>succeeding
>>
>>290186916
>SNES
>Gamecube
>underpowered

Unless you think the SNES was weaker than the Genesis.
>>
>>290186916

SNES was more powerful in every regard but resolution and CPU.
The base Genesis couldn't do Mode 7, man.
>>
>>290185647
>Bayo
>"Frequently"

Bullshit and you know it.
>>
>>290187014
Yeah, sorry. You can erase this line of text.
My mistake.
>>
>>290185647

And let's not forget that Rayman Legends is a game that is 1080p/60fps on the ps3.

The ps3.
>>
>>290180739
>Nintendo manages to achieve 60 FPS and 1080P like champs while everybody else whine that it's too complicated

Because nintendo games are so graphically demanding amirite?
>>
>>290187779
Neither are any of the pS4 of xbone games :^)
>>
>>290188230
>deflecting to sony/xbone bashing as if their "not demanding games" didn't look miles better than wii u's game

Was exhaling desperation part of your plan?
>>
It'll be extremely gimmicky. They'll try to recapture the mass appeal of the Wii and end up going overboard to compensate for the Wii U's sales.
>>
>>290186930
Actually, unreal engine 4 might finally make computer specs relevant again. But yea, most people use it as some stupid ego boosting thing like you're saying.
Although, I genuinely dislike most of the games that come out now. I pretty much only like things with minimal production. I seriously hate the way the stock market designs things.
>>
All 3 current gen systems are gimmicky.
>>
>>290188961
Worked for apple.
>>
why does it have to be bad? what if its a handheld home console duo that share games? home console would be more powerful, the game would automatically play with lower settings on the handheld
>>
>>290187232
This infographic was made before Bayo even released

>>290187665
Rayman Legends looks great whatever platform it's on. Good AAA 2d platformers are hard to find. Everyone is doing 2.5D these days

>>290188604
They may have learned their lesson with the Wii U. Who knows? I do want them to start competing with Microsoft and Sony

>>290186916
The SNES wasn't underpowered. There were some powerful consoles out back then but they were very expensive and thus irrelevent. Kinda like high end Steam boxes.

The only underpowered Nintendo home console that was popular was the Wii. Handhelds are a different deal where that's actually a good strategy.
>>
>>290188796
>unreal engine 4 might finally make computer specs relevant again

And it does jack shit for the games itself. PCs vastly outweight consoles in the hardware department and even unoptimized titles run much better on them due to the simple bruteforcing option. Doing things for the specs will change nothing and will only be turned into another buzzword about the technical department of things, such as the aforementioned "120 fps, 4k, mods" shit.

The vast majority of the best games ever released had major technical problems, some even running at sub 20 fps or the like and in the end it doesn't matter because if the game itself is not good, then the specs it runs at are completely utter irrelevant. And right now, that's what pc has, which is why the game mentioning part of the bargain is never touched by these people living off a shitty meme.
>>
>>290177508
Yes
>Will it have a gimmick?
Yes
Yes
Yes, the same manchildren who refuse to grow up and pre-order overpriced physical DLC.

The classic Nintendo that made fun and innovative games and hardware died when the Wii polluted the world with its underpowered hardware, shitty gimmicks that literally made Kinect, and casualzied games like Skyward Sword, Other M, Brawl, Super Paper Mario, etc. with franchises like Star Fox, F-Zero, and many others were left to rot. Nothing they have made since is worth spitting on let alone playing even for free. I hope they go bankrupt by making this console.
>>
Wanted to buy a 3ds or a wii u, should I hold off until e3?
>>
>>290189296
Wii U more fun than their past 3 consoles though.
>>
>>290189353
this thread is for people who hate nintendo for touching them as kids. if you want actual advice, go somewhere else
>>
>>290189353
Why wait? Check out their libraries and just get one now. There won't be any new hardware released until 2017 besides QOL.
>>
>>290189138
On one hand I kinda want this to happen because I hate the 3DS and how Nintendo puts in resources to it in lieu of the Wii U. Yes I know it makes financial sense to them but playing on that dumb circlepad with that shitty screen is a fucking travesty

On the other hand, I don't want console games to be limited by the handhelds. Kinda like Smash where they couldn't implement Ice Climbers. Imagine being limited to 10 pikmin because of the 3DS

Some games can't be played at a low resolution at all. You wouldn't be able to see shit in Wonderful101 on the 3DS screen.
>>
>>290189406
I like the Wii U, but that's complete bullshit.
>>
>>290189406
>No F-Zero
>No Metroid
>No Star Fox
>No 3D Mario in the vein of Mario 64 or Sunshine
>No Zelda
>Shitty Kirby game
>Shitty Yoshi game
>Platinum's Devil May Cry wannabes with QTEs
>No RPGs outside Xenoblade X
>Little to no third party games

Sure is a blast to play. Totally worth $300.
>>
>>290189353
Yes, hold off until e3
>>
>>290189296
Man you sure sound like a nice person.
>>
>>290189717
It's more fun than the Wii and GCN.
N64 I can't speak to, had a PS1 back then
>>
>>290189771
>>No F-Zero
X was good, GX sucked.
>>No Metroid
Yet
>>No Star Fox
Yet
>>No 3D Mario in the vein of Mario 64 or Sunshine
Good, those 2 fucking blew. 3D Land trumps over them.
>>No Zelda
Yet
>>Shitty Kirby game
How it shitty?
>>Shitty Yoshi game
It's not out yet.
>>Platinum's Devil May Cry wannabes with QTEs
Better than that shitty Viewtiful Joe game
>>No RPGs outside Xenoblade X
True
>>Little to no third party games
But better second party games
>>
>>290189771
On the other end of the coin
>All these shitty First party! Where's my third party!

They always do something wrong, right?
>>
>>290189296
Nintendo's fate was sealed when Gunpei Yokoi died.
>>
>>290185647
>MH3U
>60 fps
Even with drops that shit is nowhere near 60
>>
>>290189643
>>290189828
god damn it guys
>>
>>290190252
>Nintendoom!
Yawn.
>>
>>290190532
e3 isn't that far away and it's not like there are any hot titles coming out between now and then

Just wait man.
>>
>>290190532
Get it now.
It's worth it.
>>
>>290177508
It will be either an underpowered, backwards compatible handheld/console hybrid with a gimmick

Or it will be a Nintendo mobile device
>>
>>290177508
Every console is underpowered. And no, don't give me the "easier to port to" argument, third parties will always shit on Nintendo until they're the top selling console again, then they'll all suddenly suck their dick.

>Will it have a gimmick?
Of course. I have a feeling they'll be making it a combination home/handheld and have some kind of 4G game streaming from the home console.

I highly doubt they'll be sticking with the Wii brand again.

>Will it have any real audience?
With your average casual-ass Dotard or PlayStation fanboy? No way, not muchurr eeenuff. With Nintendo fans? Of course. With kids and iPhags? If they're smart and can accurately predict the next wave of consumer technology then it'll be a hit.
Thread replies: 116
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.