[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Recommend
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3
File: 2rmqi6o.gif (76 KB, 800x777) Image search: [Google]
2rmqi6o.gif
76 KB, 800x777
Hey there /v, I'm looking for nice complex games, the likes of dwarf fortress, space station 13, maybe FTL, any suggestions for more games like that? Maybe (but not necessarily) with beter UI or MP.
>>
God damn it /v, don't fail me
>>
Really? Nothing. I shall now encapsulate myself in sadness
>>
File: 0.jpg (511 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
511 KB, 1280x720
You might want to have a look at Factorio.

I recently sunk tens of hours in it, it's really fun and well made.
>>
X3
>>
Crusader Kings 2.
>>
Check out Rimworlds, it's not as complex as DF (yet)
>>
>>286930048
EVE Online
Dominions 4
Most roguelikes (Sil, Cataclysm, Elona, Incursion)
Older grand strategy games (Victoria 2, Hearts of Iron, Distand Worlds)
>>
>>286930048
wasn't it an eve online learing curve?
>>
>>286931918
>yet
It'll never have z-levels
>>
>>286931603
Thanks I'll give it a look;
>>286931684
Lowed X2, however something about X3 rubbed me the wrong way.
>>286931872
I'm already plaing that one time to time. It is quite nice
>>286931918
Thanks, I'll look in to it.

Anything that could have the same amount of comical moments comming out of the randomness and complexity, that is in these kind of games?
>>
>>286930048
Give Arma a try.
>>
>>286930048

How is the guy operating the bulldozer not dead?
>>
>>286932294
That guy is YOU.
>>
>>286932294
He cam in from the other side... The slaaneshian level of controll and planing area.
>>
>>286932431
Tzinchian* god damn it.
>>
File: dOChndR.png (274 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
dOChndR.png
274 KB, 512x384
I wouldn't say FTL is complex, it's quite simple actually.

The anon who said Crusader Kings II is correct, but the other Paradox grand strategy games are more complicated if that's the only metric you care about. CK2 might be a good starting point if you're unfamiliar with the genre.

Wargame: RD or SupCom: FA for RTS.

The Last Remnant for JRPGs

That's all I can think of right now, but I'll post more if I think more about it.
>>
FTL is compared to the likes of SS13 and DF? I guess I don't have to feel that bad about only enjoying the game on easy.
>>
>>286932294
He got gud.
>>
>>286930048
This graph makes no sense. If skill is required then it can't be a dependent variable.

This is what happens when people who can't do basic math try to be witty.
>>
Wargame
Men of War
X3
Victoria 2 & HoIII modded
>>
>>286932602
>>286932640
Only really mentioned FTL 'couse I thought it would pop up here. Really it is quite different in complexity. And about CK2, as I said, it's a nice game, but I've played it already and I kinda want something new. Thanks, though.
>>
>>286932687
Time spent playing should be replaced with something that measures how far into it you've gotten
>>
>>286932962
See >>286932006
You seem to have missed that.

AI wars is also a nice complex entry in the RTS genere.
>>
>>286932635
The whole thing is easy until the Rebel Flagship and beating it is determined by RNG, whether you are able to get decent weapons on your way there.
>>
Graviteam Tactics Operation Star
>>
SpaceChem, the best puzzle game since Tetris.
>>
>>286931603
Fuck, this looks good. That trailer is like white-hot pleasure injected straight into my cock.
>>
Thanks, everybody, for your replies
>>
>>286932210
You can get some great moments in Rimworld. Like when the stress and pressure gets too much for one of your colonists, your best researcher or engineer, and he snaps and goes on a rampage. You subdue him and imprison him until he regains his senses. He took some beating before he could be brought in so you have to assign a medic to him. In his rampage he might have started a fire that burned your medicine. Then one of his injuries becomes infected and you have to amputate his leg and replace it with a wooden peg leg.
After he gets his wits back and returns to work, he'll bear that peg leg as a constant reminder of the time the bleakness of the colonists' situation got too much for him.

Not really comical, though.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.