[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You must choose /v/. You must completely erase one of these
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6
File: rpgs.png (646 KB, 1092x1928) Image search: [Google]
rpgs.png
646 KB, 1092x1928
You must choose /v/.

You must completely erase one of these series from history. If you don't No other RPG will ever come to the market ever again!

Doing so will erase every single game, and spin off, as well as every media branch, (Anime, toys etc.) It will be as if it never existed.

Which do you kill off, and why?
>>
Erase FF, Tales and DQ.
>>
>>286343050
none of the above because I fucked your mum doggystyle in my commodore last night
>>
Pokemon. It hasn't really brought anything of value.
>>
>>286343050
Tales of because its the one I care the least about although final fantasy is a very close second
>>
Pokemon. Nothing against it, but I care less about it than the others. Only really got into one of them.
>>
Final Fantasy. Because then Square would have died back on the NES and Enix probably would have filled the void with even more Dragon Quest sales. Leading to more support in the west. Not to mention the dozen or so other Enix properties which are now dying under SquareEnix thumb.
>>
File: image.jpg (293 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
293 KB, 1600x900
>>286343050
You had a nice run, FF. It's time to let you go.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuWkvyeAu0E
>>
>>286343050

Final Fantasy

/thread
>>
>>286343050
Final Fantasy and Pokemon.
>>
Tales Of, not necessarily because I dislike it, but because I haven't really had any notably memorable experiences with the series beyond playing Symphonia like 99 times.

>Pokemon tourneyfagging
>DQ roelplaying
>FF:CC, FFT, FFTA, etc.
>SMT, Persona, basically the theming of the franchises as a whole
>>
Final Fantasy without a doubt
>>
>>286343050
If i erase SMT, will the Persona fandom also disappear?

If so, i don't mind erasing SMT. The end justify the means.
>>
>>286343050
Easy dragon quest never played one. Played multiple games from all the rest
>>
Tales of. I've never liked them.
>>
Toss up between Final Fantasy and SMT.
>>
>>286343746
Don't be silly anon.
The fandoms never actually die unless the people that compose it die.
They'd just plague other communities.
>>
>>286343050
tales series
never really cared for any of them and just look like generic weeabshit trash at least the others have games worth playing and made history
>>
SMT easy
>>
>>286343050
Final Fantasy.
>>
Pokemon. Worst gameplay. 4 moves can suck a dick.
>>
>>286343050
Erase Final Fantasy. The first two games were decent, but the rest felt a tad underwhelming. FFXIV is decent fap material though.

Pokemon would be close second if I considered only my current opinions, but I believe that Pokemon has its place in the childhoods of many, both in the past and present.
>>
>>286343050
Dragon Quest because it's boring in comparison to the others listed.
>>
>>286343961
Yeah, 4 moves but a huge list of different combinations between 6 Pokémon.

Compare that to your typical jrpg, where you just stick to the real end game stuff and call it a day.
>>
>>286343892
But there would be no SMT for them to be fans of, which would mean they'd never be fans in the first place.

In fact, they'd find other outlets like girl's cartoons because of the lack of emo weeb in their diet.

Congratulations anon. You singlehandedly gave birth to goth bronies.
>>
>>286343050
SMT
Isn't the least popular?
>>
Of this list, Final Fantasy is the only series actively hurting other series. Mostly stuff like Dragon Quest, Chrono, Mana, SaGa and anything else owned by SquareEnix that isn't Fina Fantasy.

Dragon Quest is doing better than it ever has. Just isn't getting released outside Japan.

Pokemon is crazy successful. But not really hurting other series.

I dislike Tales games for their mechanics and weak stories. But it also is such a small fraction of the JRPG market, its not even worth mentioning. SMT is also a niche series which doesn't effect much. Difference is, both these series still get western releases.
>>
>>286343050

Pokemon. Erase Pokemon and you can prevent more kids turning into autists like the faggots in /vp/. It will also remove similarly annoying tourneyfags who take it too seriously.
>>
File: Simpsons -DarrylStrawberry.jpg (18 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
Simpsons -DarrylStrawberry.jpg
18 KB, 320x240
>>286343805

>never played it
>so it should die
>>
i could probably due without the Tales series. Abyss and Vesperia were the only good ones, the rest were strictly mediocre
>>
>>286344123
>Small fraction

Dude, Tales of has over 20+ games, all the RPG series' listed in the OP do.

I wouldn't call that minor at all, only other thing to remotely come close is Atellier
>>
>>286343050
SMT or Final Fantasy

The fucking fanbases for those two are annoying as fuck.
>>
File: 13416984216.jpg (92 KB, 604x358) Image search: [Google]
13416984216.jpg
92 KB, 604x358
>>286343050
You could trash all of them...

However I would be sad if somehow Trigger and Cross were effected by this
>>
File: 3731.Dq8-hero.jpg (33 KB, 391x723) Image search: [Google]
3731.Dq8-hero.jpg
33 KB, 391x723
>>286343050
Dragon Quest, because why does SE get to have two reps?
>>
>>286344089

Dragon Quest Monsters have all the things Pokemon has, but also allows your Monstersto learn any amount of moves they can. Add in the fusion system and you can have monsters with 100+ moves.

The whole 4 move thing for Pokemon is a weak form of balancing a game with 700+ Pokemon. And even then, Pokemon is still the most broken RPG out there. Where only about 100 Pokemon are worth using at all.
>>
>>286344349
They would.
The games would even be more unpolished.
>>
>>286344195

Digimon would rise to take its place, is that what you really want?
>>
>>286344437
>i'm a retard
>>
Tales series. Formulaic Japanese garbage. Not an original thought in the whole series.
>>
>>286344437
OP here,

Not brand favortism, just RPG series' who've had more then 10-15 titles in their series alone.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.