[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Blizzard games appreciation thread. Currently playing thro
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 11
File: Blizz.jpg (132 KB, 800x470) Image search: [Google]
Blizz.jpg
132 KB, 800x470
Blizzard games appreciation thread.

Currently playing through Starcraft 2 and WoW. In my opinion, there hasn't been an AAA dev with this much attention to detail and focus on the both look and feel of a videogame.
Since their early days, Blizzard always implemented fun gameplay techniques into a greatly designed world, both visual and acoustic.
With each game they make, they set a standard which other developers take years, if not decades, just to get a chance on throwing them off the throne.

Amazing art style, soundtracks, comedy and gameplay mechanics is what makes their games so enjoyable for me.

You can be butt-blasted about the popularity and "jewing", but deep down you do know Blizzard = quality.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S41XFYRX6Bs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQluJBSXM5I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twUq_l3g3NI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvW-QTiZLQ0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnnRzXZmB80

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnMR6SOBa9k
>>
Ok.
>>
You're not allowed to like Blizzard games here. Leave now.
>>
Maybe we'll finally get Warcraft 4 after they push the final WoW expansion out.
>>
File: 1423668316219.webm (986 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
1423668316219.webm
986 KB, 960x540
>>285677742
But if you had to choose one Blizzard game to hate, which would top them all?
>>
File: 1e92843897_14977506.jpg (62 KB, 640x426) Image search: [Google]
1e92843897_14977506.jpg
62 KB, 640x426
>>285677305
>>
>>285677921
Hearthstone
there is literally nothing good about it
>>
>5 posts and not a single insult towards OP

/v/ sure has changed, huh?

im proud of u guys
maybe 2 years from now we'll finally be able to discuss videogames, after all the homos leave of course
warcraft 3 the best
>>
>>285677919
With microtransactions. Oh boy.

Blizzard is a slow sinking ship. They're working real hard to alienate their entire fanbase. HOTS is shit. Overwatch looks like TF2. Can't wait to see what fucking hats they offer.
>>
how long until wow is kill
the latest patch was like a preliminary diagnosis of terminal cancer
>>
File: chiubeiii.gif (67 KB, 350x343) Image search: [Google]
chiubeiii.gif
67 KB, 350x343
>>285678357
Sombreros for everybody.
>>
like every other big dev, they were good when they were 10 smelly neckbeards in a room crunching on a deadline and working for free because they enjoyed it

now they're corporate dudebros who only care about "quarters" and profit margins
>>
File: blizhard.jpg (58 KB, 1143x405) Image search: [Google]
blizhard.jpg
58 KB, 1143x405
>>285678434
>until wow is kill
>the latest patch
Outlook bad.
>>
>>285677305
No one argues about Starcraft and vanilla WoW... much. The main things they argue is about Diablo 3 (Which was a dissapointment), HoTS (Which is Blizzard trying to get the MOBA fanbase) and the expansion packs for WoW.
>>
File: 436342.gif (2 MB, 200x150) Image search: [Google]
436342.gif
2 MB, 200x150
>>285678357
>sinking ship
>>
>>285678357
HotS is a fun game for casual people. It's not aiming to "steal" moba playerbase, since it's not even moba to begin with. You can play a couple of matches and go on with your day, without wanting to kill some guy and skullfuck his entire family members after decapitating them just because he ruined your match. So, actually, it won't alienate the players from each other, and certainly not the dev itself.

As for the Overwatch, it won't be a second TF2 since all the ponyfags won't transfer. You cannot create dick-sucking groups and avatarfag like on steam.

>>285678434
WoW is kill when they say it's kill. They can live off on a couple of million subscribers probably, and they never dropped below 6 mil.
>>
File: 1425429149761.gif (1 MB, 316x195) Image search: [Google]
1425429149761.gif
1 MB, 316x195
>Playing Blizzard games after 2007.
>>
>>285678879
Does Hearthstone count? Does /v/ hate it?
>>
>>285678714
People would have laughed 10 years ago if it were said about BioWare as well. Keep sucking that Blizzard chode, sport.
>>
>>285678938

Hearthstone is alright. Babby's first card game.
>>
>>285678938
Hearthstone shitters go to /vg/. If you want to talk to them, head there...

>>/vg/96227086
>>
>>285679032
>10 years later bioware has sinked and blizzard has not
ok
>>
>>285678820
Why are you quoting steal? Who Said steal. They clearly wont steal. Because it's fucking boring. MOBAs are already shit, but HOTS is scrapping the bottom of the barrel.
>>
>>285679097
It's >>> if you want to link to a different board
>>
>>285679170
I know, I dun goof'd
>>
>>285679084
i just like that Hearthstone is relatively fast when it comes to card games. I can knock out a few matches in 30 min. I just hate people that think way too fucking much and try to plan shit out in that game.
>>
>>285679116
It's like you don't understand the comparison. Perhaps you're just feigning stupid at this point.
>>
>>285679123
>HOTS is scrapping the bottom of the barrel.
You just said they're stealing.

And it's obviously fun for the people who play it. You need to learn your opinion is not universal, whether it's based on the actual experience or not (in this case, it's clearly based on pulling thoughts out of your ass).
>>
File: colin_farrell.gif (908 KB, 325x166) Image search: [Google]
colin_farrell.gif
908 KB, 325x166
>>285677305
>appreciation thread.
Back to le reddit you go
>>
>>285679238
>i just like that Hearthstone is relatively fast when it comes to card games
That's why it's a bad game. Every game plays roughly the same. Too many ways to wipe the board, too many ways to deal direct damage. Creature cards mean little unless they have some sort of ridiculous prefix to prevent their otherwise inevitable death next turn due to the abundance of direct damage/wipe cards in the game.
>>
>>285679350
>and s-stay away f-from v-sama~ 凸(`0´)凸
>>
>>285678820
Considering how there's no content updates, and it seems as if their C team is working on WoW, they'll ride that ship until it sinks underneath the new sea of VR MMOs
>>
>>285679486
>unironically thinks VR won't be yet another worthless gimmick
Good one
>>
>>285679336
>>285678357
>Blizzard is a slow sinking ship. They're working real hard to alienate their entire fanbase. HOTS is shit. Overwatch looks like TF2. Can't wait to see what fucking hats they offer.

You see stealing somewhere?

Shouldn't you be on the blizzard forums defending the recent economic collapse of WoW and hints at RMT returning to D3?
>>
>>285679486
>vr
>anything but a fad
>>
>>285679591
I quoted it in my last post though.

>Shouldn't you be on the blizzard forums defending

Why should I be acting as a lawyer for someone who won't even pay me?
Can you elaborate on the economic collapse though?
>>
Nice shilling blizzfags

WoW is old news. When WoD came out, people thought it'd be good, you know? It'd be BC 2.0. Instead, we got shitty Orcs fighting orcs doing orc things and farmville within WoW.

Even as a blizzshill you gotta admit that the "Garrison update" is a slap on the face.

I'm not even going to start mentioning other worthwhile MMOs out there, but anyone can see that WoW has finally lost it. WoD was the last chance - and they blew it.

You can post your little WoD subscription graphs all you want, but truth is, next tally, the subs are gonna be rock bottom.
>>
>>285679808
At this point I'm not sure if you're trying to trick me or are just legitimately retarded.
>>
File: check.jpg (782 KB, 1316x1500) Image search: [Google]
check.jpg
782 KB, 1316x1500
>>285680000
BLIZZARD BTFO
>>
File: 1395111255077.jpg (32 KB, 500x364) Image search: [Google]
1395111255077.jpg
32 KB, 500x364
Well fellow Anonymous, my favorite Blizzard-Activision game is without a doubt Diablo 3™.

The Real Money Auction House™ was an example of just how great Blizzard-Activision has become.

And who could forget World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor™, an example of why listening to your fanbase is always a bad idea. I mean look at all the players happy with this epic expansion that does nothing new.
>>
>>285679934
>farmville within WoW
That was MoP. We AssCreed now.
>Orcs fighting orcs doing orc things
Sounds good.
>anyone can see that WoW has finally lost it
Except the people with money.
> the last chance
That you personally gave them?
>your little WoD subscription graphs
Nice to see you care. Better luck next bait.
Captcha : Jurks
>>
>>285680000
>i cannot talk my way out of a shitty argument I started so I'll resort to insults

Hey, at least you got quads, so I suppose you're not a complete waste of space :)
>>
let's make diablo 2 tristram uglier than diablo 1.
let's make boring grid level design (junglenigger town)
Let's make tp's take 2 mandatory inventory space instead of making it a spell
it would be a shame if you played a wizard to not have enough str to have those 4 rowed belts
instead of spending your gold for powerful merchant items, powerups and spells throughout all the game let's hoard a million of it, give merchants junk and give more room to hoard gold as you progress in the game. you can also hoard greens, gems, runewords, and even fill your inventory with charms!
It would be a better endgame to do the same level again and again instead of replaying the whole game finding that one shrine
fountain guy will do it for free

tl;dr they turn irremediably into shit.
>>
I personally can't understand how can anyone endure the punishment of all of those months without content updates during siege of orgrimmar

It was honestly painful to watch from the outside
>>
File: EmptyRecycleBin.png (13 KB, 293x176) Image search: [Google]
EmptyRecycleBin.png
13 KB, 293x176
>>285680269
>so I suppose you're not a complete waste of space
Unlike a blizzard game.
>>
>>285680272
>diablo 2 tristram uglier than diablo 1
Sounds good. Ugly is usually more imaginative.
> boring grid level design (junglenigger town)
New York City?
>tp's take 2 mandatory inventory space instead of making it a spell
Because after Toy Box, pets and mounts menus your inventory is still full.

Too tired for all the rest but at least you're still playing which is all that BlizzMoney cares for anyway.
>>
>>285679934
People have been saying that since the release of WotlK, you know. 7 years. Not sure how they survived 7 years on a dead game that somehow makes billions each year.
>>
I used to like Blizzard before Activision

Now they are not much better than EA
>>
>>285680447
heh
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.