[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can we have a hidden gem thread? Let's talk about those
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: dragonfall_dc_glory_1920x1080.jpg (436 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
dragonfall_dc_glory_1920x1080.jpg
436 KB, 1920x1080
Can we have a hidden gem thread?

Let's talk about those games which you didn't know shit before playing and that turned out to be actually great.

Dragonfall is a blast. One of the best turn-based RPGs I've played in years.

Is the original campaign as good as this one? I heard it isn't, but I'm really looking forward to trying it out anyway.
>>
First one is a typical murder mystery story that turns into saving the world. You may or may not like it. Characters are not as good as DF and some interesting characters only appear at the end game so they don't have any development.
>>
Playing Dragonfall before the original campaign was a mistake (if you still intend to play the main campaign, that is) and unless you're extremely forgiving you're going to have an even harder time slogging through it. I actually quit the game for a couple months because I was so bored with the campaign. When I beat it and switched over to dragonfall it was like someone flipped a "good" switch in the development process.
>>
dead man's switch sucks big fat floppy donkey dick
>>
Who's hyped for Hong Kong? Think it will actually be worth playing a decker with the cyberspace revamps?
>>
Real talk Dragonfall surprised me so much. I was expecting it to be meh, but it really was an enjoyable game.

It reminded me of a good, early Bioware game in the structure.
>>
Everyone shits on Orion: Prelude (I think formerly Orion: Dino Beatdown) but I think its pretty fun
>>
I'll never understand what people see in this game. Granted I didn't play the Director's Cut, but for the base game the combat was just so boring and uninteresting to look at.
>>
>>285644574
game was boring, played it on my android tablet,

sci-fi is hard because unlike fantasy you cant just go "its magic, i dont have to explain shit" so when the game was going into technology and was making silly claims it hurt my brain. Also i didint liked the leveling and skill system, so plain and boring and you cant even excel spreadshit.

most dialogues were forced to be too long to pretend its deep.

and dont get me wrong, i loved games like arcanum, baldurs gate and planescape torment.
>>
Dragonfall was so fucking good

Glory > Dietrich > Eiger > Blitz
>>
I think Dragonfall might just be my all time favourite RPG ever. I don't think I've fallen in love with the main cast so quickly, and I probably couldn't have asked for a better introduction to the Shadowrun universe.

I hope the crew makes a come back in Hong Kong somehow.
>>
>>285644574

I liked the first one more than DF.

Even though it was more linear the whole side-quest to progress the main story shtick in DF really bugged me since I've done it in so many games.

Plus I felt in DF they blew their writing load on party members and the original had a much stronger supporting cast outside of your party (since you didn't have one).
>>
this thread is full of underage, adult person couldnt possibly like this game, unless he was a casual.

so which are you? underage or casual?
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.