[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some games that are masterpieces for how much care and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
What are some games that are masterpieces for how much care and thought were put into them?
>>
>>285227009
Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
>>
>>285228746
*Melee, you mean. Objectively, Sakurai put much more care into that game than any of the sequels.
>>
File: best game.jpg (102 KB, 500x519) Image search: [Google]
best game.jpg
102 KB, 500x519
My contribution. Ghost Trick is a good pick OP.

>>285228953
How so?
>>
>>285229056
How does this compare to Super Metroid or SOTN?
>>
>>285229208
Personally, I think it's better than both, and I love both of those games dearly.

La-Mulana > Super Metroid > SoTN is my personal ranking. However, La-Mulana is nothing like either of those games. It's not especially combat focused, more focused on mind-numbing puzzles. It's not for everyone.
>>
>>285228953
>More care in to Melee
>Openly said that Melee was a mistake because he couldn't balance everything
>>
>>285229371
What would your other choices be for games that had a lot of care put into them?
>>
>>285227009

Well, honestly I think that these games fill that role and I've played them all in the last year

>Shin Megami Tensei 4
>Shin Megami Tensei Strange Journey
>Super Mario 3D World
>Shantae and the Pirates Curse
>Rayman Legends
>>
>>285230227
Good taste
>>
>>285229761
That's a good question. It's hard to come up with responses for that because my definition for "a lot of care" means executing a creative vision to the best of one's ability. But that's not the only criteria- the game needs to be excellent in every aspect- worldbuilding, atmosphere, mechanics, plot, music, graphics, little touches, etc. Some elements being exceptional can make up for other elements that aren't as exceptional. That could apply to a lot of games, really. But there's a bias to the "a lot of care" designation that I have. Even though something like Assassin's Creed II might perfectly execute its creative vision, I still perceive it as a game that's not really concerned with executing said vision first, but making money first. So it's not especially often that I say common AAA games have a lot of care put into them because it's transparent that a lot of these games are being made for profit first. Inevitably, all games are made for profit first, but it's about priorities. If your priority is creating something great and putting all effort into that goal over making something that will be financially successful, that's more likely to get the "a lot of care" designation from me.

Anyway, I'll list off some games that came to me while typing this up.
Super Metroid
SoTN
DKC2
DKCTF
Super Mario Galaxy
Hotline Miami
Earthbound
Mother 3
Fallout 2 and New Vegas
Dark Souls
MGS2 and 3
Phoenix Wright Series
Pikmin 1, 2, and 3.
Danganronpa
Rayman Origins
Shovel Knight
Half Life

A lot of japanese games here.
>>
>>285230693
>DKCTF
Fuuuuuuuuuuck this. Ever been playing a game where you fuck up a lot, and you KNOW you can't even blame the game for it because it's so fucking well designed? This fucking game right here. Equal parts frustration and respect.
>>
>>285230693
Oh, Papers, Please is pretty exceptional too. I forgot about Papers, Please.
>>
>>285230693
That's a nice list, Anon
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.