[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's a game where I can play a Mercenary, and actually
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: swissmercs.gif (83 KB, 350x430) Image search: [Google]
swissmercs.gif
83 KB, 350x430
What's a game where I can play a Mercenary, and actually feel like one? Without the game morally reprimanding me or railroading me into being a hero/villain.
>>
Mount and Blade
>>
>>321296595
Mount and Blade Warband, Floris mod overhaul.

You can go to any lord and sign up in his army as just a random soldier. You are then forced to go around the map with him. You can't even choose to move yourself, you are a part of his party.
Battle starts, and you are just a grunt, you don't give orders.
You start off as the lowest tier of that factions units, and when you earn enough experience in their battles, you can then advance to the next tier of unit, within their faction, getting more pay, and the proper equipment/weapons
You can do this until you are the max ranked tier for that faction, making quite a lot a week, and fucking shit up in armies.

You are doomed to lose battles they find themselves overwhelmed in, you aren't quite the mary sure you would be doing this.
>>
>>321296595
Team Fortress 2, especially with contracts active

Mountain Blay'iid

Army of Two
>>
>>321296595
EVE Online
>>
File: leafmealone.jpg (101 KB, 620x349) Image search: [Google]
leafmealone.jpg
101 KB, 620x349
>>321296979
I love EVE I play it all the ti-zzz.zzzzzzzzzzzzzZZzzZzzzzzzZZZzzzz
>>
File: M&B.jpg (52 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
M&B.jpg
52 KB, 460x215
>>321296653
>>321296714

This
>>
>>321297856
>Charge into battle
>Ride into legend
What did they mean by this?
>>
>>321297935
You'll receive +3 renown from this battle.
>>
>>321297935
that full cavalry is the way to go
>>
>>321297935
It means when you enter a battle, you'll end up bumping into a legend who destroys your ass
>>
>>321298136
>Not riding out behind the enemy lines to lance their commander the moment the battle starts
>>
>>321298356
I wish that would actually do something, but every time I do it, I don't notice any real change.
>>
The first Borderlands.
>>
File: 1344843261230.jpg (20 KB, 480x368) Image search: [Google]
1344843261230.jpg
20 KB, 480x368
>>321298514
Cool factor, that and lords have enough health to rampage about your men for ages. Also worth it for guys you hate, makes sure your mooks don't steal that delicious negative relationship salt.
>>
>>321296714
>You are doomed to lose battles they find themselves overwhelmed in, you aren't quite the mary sure you would be doing this.
Only because lords are retards
>>
>not many games where you can landschecht it up

What a waste.
>>
>>321299058
And even the AI seems to misjudge reinforcement range a lot.
>>
>>321296595
In Mount and Blade, you will feel like a mercenary even after you become a king.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.