[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How good is pic related?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6
File: okami_logo.png (75 KB, 290x230) Image search: [Google]
okami_logo.png
75 KB, 290x230
Never played the original. Thinking of picking it up now.
>>
>>284720317
buy it
great game with unique gameplay and it's pretty too
>>
>>284720317
It's a good port of the game and the game overall is good. It has a really slow start, though.

Also, if your PS3's resolution is above 720p, the game will have screen tearing at parts. If that bothers you, just set your PS3 to go to 720p at max before playing.
>>
You really should buy it.
As said above, it starts slowly (and the gibberisch during text is retarded) but the game is absolutely amazing
>>
>>284720317
that is not the final boss
>>
Guys, what's the name of that Japanese game where you have to go around taking pictures up peoples skirts?
Saw a webm of it a while back but cant remember the name.
>>
I started playing this two days ago.
Make sure you prepare a meal for this OP. This shit has a long intro (about 18 minutes iirc) with slow scrolling text and non-comprehensible language (like animal crossing).

Once you get through that, you're good.
>>
It's extremely boring and monotonous. Platinum has never made a good game.

There's a reason why this shit tanked.
>>
Wii U version when?
>>
>The game runs extremely well at 6X native resolution. The game has no graphical or audio glitches. This game looks better than the PS3 re-release.
>>
>>284720317
Its essentially the Wii port sand motion controls. The original ending and credits are still missing due to Clover getting destroyed by Capcom and Capcom still wanting to milk the game's popularity.

It looks nice, but isn't a proper port, just like the others. Emulate the original for the same effect I'm assuming. Is Okami even emulatable?
>>
>>284720317
I thought it was pretty good. Gets a bit dull after a while, but it's still pretty fun for the most part. It's aged well for something that came out eight years ago. The art style is pretty nice if nothing else.
>>
>>284721348
Thanks autocorrect. First sentence, sand should be sans.
>>
File: Okami 1886.jpg (123 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
Okami 1886.jpg
123 KB, 1600x900
>>284721205
>The game has no graphical glitches
>This game looks better than the PS3 re-release.
Objectively false. If you're playing in Hardware mode you're missing the filter(it is a good thing though) but that in turn makes the game very very blurry which the PS3 version is not.

The emulated Wii version looks better than the PS3 but the PS2 version does not.

It does emulate perfectly though and its the ideal way to play the game if you don't care about the improved motion controls.
>>
>>284720317
One of the most overrated games in the PS2,that's for sure
>>
File: 1405151050542.jpg (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1405151050542.jpg
1 MB, 1280x720
My gf beat this recently, 30 hour gametime (skipped most side-quests). Easy as shit though, you can hold 99x health potions and a bunch of other shit, not that you need anywhere near that many.

Pretty good, she says she prefers Okamiden though. Didn't get to watch her play that, might try it myself.
>>
File: 1396572973525.jpg (2 MB, 1900x1150) Image search: [Google]
1396572973525.jpg
2 MB, 1900x1150
>>284720317
too long, simple as fuck dungeons, combat so easy that there is practically no failstate on many bosses because you can just mash one button and still survive.

But other then that, really good and plenty of feels for everyone.
>>
>>284720317
According to Kamiya it's alright.
>>
>>284721684
>too long
opinion discarded
>>
File: 1338450481941.jpg (106 KB, 515x446) Image search: [Google]
1338450481941.jpg
106 KB, 515x446
>>284721580
>Pretty good, she says she prefers Okamiden though
>>
I think it got rid of the original ending song but besides that it's pretty great
>>
Amazing game OP. Though if your PC is strong enough you could emulate the game, but the PS3 version is perfect as well.
>>
>>284721684
>too long
Thanks Kotaku.
>>
>>284721731
he's right,the problem is not being long though,its being long due to extremely padding content
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.