[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Space station 13 stories.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 7
File: Oldtgstation.png (41 KB, 400x341) Image search: [Google]
Oldtgstation.png
41 KB, 400x341
Space station 13 stories.
>>
>Play for so long that I get bored with normal traitor shit
>begin experimenting
>HoS is a cunt one day
>steal surgical tools
>craft bomb
>Sleepy pen the HoS, cuff and haul her off to the back room
>Create hostage situation. The rest of the heads of staff don't care
>Put a proximity release on my bomb, implant it in the HoS
>figure it will explode if anyone tries to remove it from her
>thirty seconds later
>BOOM
>bomb destroys HoS, myself, and most of science
>HoS is pissed in dead chat while I'm having a laugh

SS13 was fun until /tg/ mods ruined everything.
>>
>Late Join as like the 7th or 8th Clown
>All the clowns assemble in the bar, doing clown things
>Security thinks it is rev (partially due to the clowns pretending that it is)
>Sec goes full nazi, tries to hassle clowns
>Warden, Sec guard, and HoS try to storm the bar
>8 Clowns and a mime slip and cuff their way to downing all three members
>Proceed to play dress up with them.
>>
>smack the shit out of the detective
>jump in maint
>ohshitcul-
>now an articifer
>proceed to once again smack the shit out of the detective
>narsie time
>>
>>321276445
What did /tg/ do to ruin it
>>
>>321276726

There are plenty of things that went wrong with /tg/ but it essentially went from what was initially, which was a place where things were solved in character mostly, and if you were tresspassing or acting like a shit you were valid.

Now it is a circle jerk among the admins, who have turned it into a hug box, it is shit to play Sec on, and shit to play other roles as well. Any grey shit can fuck with you all round but if you take any actions to remove them from the round you get admins ding'g you.

I stopped playing completely, for over a year now. I played it a little bit last I did on a different chan's servers. The pop was just too low though. It was a really fun experience for three years in my life, but I couldn't go back to it with what they've turned it into.
>>
>>321276958
That's sad, any other games that are like it?
>>
>>321277105

None that I really know of. It had a very organic feel to the role playing, while also having enough game play elements to make it satisfying when a plan came together. The lack of RPG like character stats also made you feel like you were really becoming a better player when you beat your opponent, and there were multiple ways to do that, not just with combat.
>>
>>321277323
Is it... Still enjoyable?

Is there hope, sleepycast talked about it.

Sounded like a blast. Some much detail, depth.
>>
>>321277431

I have no idea what a sleepycast is. You might have fun with it because you will only know what it is now, and not what it was before. I just can't do it. Towards the end, I was getting banned a lot because I couldn't be arsed to play in this new sort of hugbox way that /tg/ wanted to preach, and I wasn't even someone who was out looking to grief.
>>
>>321277105
other ss13 servers are still fun. /vg/ in particular has a guy working on porting it to zandronum/doom.
i've also been having fun with intruder lately, it's a short round based FPS but it feels similar to SS13 in that it's mostly retarded shenanigans and the videogame equivalent of shitposting.
>>
I want to get into this game. Every guide I have read says start as a Cargo tech. Is this valid? How did you guys learn the game?
>>
>>321277602
I want the shenanigans
>>
>>321277657
nah fuck that, go for botany. never played cargo tech, mostly play geneticist now.
>>
One time I started playing Lite-D&D with some random guy in the Library. 2 people joined us.
It was free round, but eventually people fucked the station up anyways because of course. We somehow left the Library operational, though and continued on with our game, despite everyone else in the station being dead. At some point we had to migrate over to the captain's quarters, though.
>>
>>321277602
Intruder looks fun
>>
>>321277657
>Cargo tech.

Kek. Be Quartermaster and yell at every CT to change jobs. Quartermaster's a chill role that lets you learn a lot of the game in peace on a low pop server.
>>
>>321277602

The problem with /tg/ is they have some of the worst admins, but the base /tg/ code is better than the other major branch code (I forgot what it was called)

>>321277657

Don't play it, you'll end up wanting it to be something it will never be again, and it will be so close to that ideal it will drive you mad.

But if you have to, start as a Botanist, or Chef, or any non Science/Engineering/Security job, and just role play and talk with other players. Every situation you get into will help you learn.
>>
>>321277757
it's fun as fuck. i just played a game where me and some other rando dropped in on two friends hanging out and one of them just micspammed lionel richie the whole round while crouching behind the other's riot shield. fucking awesome round. positional audio is great and the balance mechanic is fun.
>>
>>321277595
You may find enjoyment out if, you may not.

It'd a podcast, a bunch of content creators

I'd recommend looking into it
>>
>>321277883
generally nobody gives a fuck about what you do in genetics too, for the most part people will ignore you as long as you don't hog the cloning shit.
>>
>>321276726

While /tg/ started out as great and fun abundance of new admins that joined wanted just to abuse power. People like Creed fucked with the community and the coders causing people to leave.

Endless powerstruggles between the old admins/coders and Erro & co. also shifted the focus from the game to forum politics.

In the mean time people that wanted to just light RP on a space station got replaced with "Play to win" faggots that cared about validkills. Also a lot of circlejerks and forum celebrities added to the whole social decay.
>>
my second or third time playing after I actually understood the game.
Auto janitor traitor.
Had to steal the captain jumpsuit and make sure some scientist does not leaves alive.

>Janitoring for 30 minutes
>Fighting with the fucking clown for 30 minutes
>On way to escape found cap jumpsuit
>Scientist was already kill

The clown was fucking shit up teleporting everywhere doing clown things.. I just spent time cleaning and fighting with him because he stole my mope.
Then I just auto won.
>>
File: TheReddestPill.png (127 KB, 1152x825) Image search: [Google]
TheReddestPill.png
127 KB, 1152x825
We were committing mass conversions/genocide on the human population.

Before somebody found an alternative way to blow all the borgs (they had perhaps repaired the computer in robotics), we were given the order to simply kill the remaining humans instead of bothering to convert them. We were arguing amongst ourselves after one borg pleaded to stop the murder of a human.
>>
File: abort the mission.gif (2 MB, 320x165) Image search: [Google]
abort the mission.gif
2 MB, 320x165
>>321278169
>.gif of me when I get antag as a Janitor.

I suck at SS13.
>>
>>321278234

Janitor antag is easy as fuck if you do shit right. No one cares if you slip them and with a bit of luck and effort you can actually use your slipping technique with some murderous tools to quickly kill your target.
>>
>>321278134

Honestly though, /tg/ is too shit when it comes to banning people for valid kills. I remember when intentional tresspassing in another person's work space was considered valid reason to kill.

Fun fact: One time I fucked over a player's entire round because he decided to kill my pet Chicken as a botanist.

Also, one time I was a detective who killed a Ling even though by the end I was just a brain.
>>
>>321278234
>>321278368
Sadly never got antag as janitor ever again..
In fact i only got antag once more being a miner but got rekd by mining.

I like working for a bit before doing antag stuff.

Also is there a hardcore RP server? like auto name and appearence, no tresspassing. I dont care about OOC or circlejerking as long as autoname and appearence
>>
>>321278465
i do questionable shit on /vg/ all the time
i regularly inject clowns with superpowers
>>
>>321278368
I just suck at robust desu.
>>
>>321278523
i remember baystation being like that back in the day
>>
>>321278698
will try it, thanks spessbro
>>
>>321278534

/tg/ not /vg/. I didn't like the code on /vg/. Also, injecting the clown with super powers isn't really questionable.
>>
>>321276186
How do I get into SS13? It looks uncrackable to someone who doesn't know what to do. Do I need a mentor for this shit?
>>
My very first time as a wizard I had to steal the AI so I got EMP and all and teleported right in the AI core and tried to add a law to make me the master but due to awkward wording it didn't work and everyone was alerted due to all the ruckus.

Eventually I carded the AI and wanted to disappear into maint to get some peace and maybe grab some gloves but I fucked up and went to the wrong place and got instantly chloraled by the MD

of course everyone was mad that the round was over so soon but this is wizard
>>
>>321278939

Just hop right in and take the trial by fire like a man.

Look stuff up on a wiki between games whenever you think of a question.

Select an easy job like Bartender.
>>
>>321278939
you jump in and read the wiki a lot until you can do the basic stuff unaided
>>
>>321278948

My first time as wizard I accidentally animated my own spellbook and it ran off, never to be seen again.
>>
One round I decided I wanted to roleplay a weeaboo so I went into the telecommunications server and made a script to replace words with weeaboo equivalents, it was pretty funny.

I remember a fun round in which somebody replaced "singularity" with "puppy" so people were yelling THE PUPPY IS GOING TOWARDS ESCAPE and pretty much everybody was confused
>>
File: barotrauma.png (705 KB, 1280x718) Image search: [Google]
barotrauma.png
705 KB, 1280x718
Just a reminder that this thing also exists

Server when?
>>
File: death.gif (2 MB, 360x270) Image search: [Google]
death.gif
2 MB, 360x270
>>321279240
>>
File: pingu stress.gif (934 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
pingu stress.gif
934 KB, 320x240
>be rookie engie
>only engie on the station for some reason
>no HoP, so getting promoted to rookie CE is impossible without other heads promoting me, and they're too busy
>suddenly shit goes down, explosions, singulo loose etc.
>no way to get promoted into CE anymore and I can't do shit in engie without proper engie equipment
>everybody yells at me
>>
>be me, doctor doing doctor things
>guy comes in with a half dead monkey with multiple head injuries, guy is missing an arm
>wtf
>send guy to get his arm replaced, take monkey, get it healed up
>it has brain damage and is retarded as fuck
>retarded monkey as a pet for the rest of the game
>>
File: sub4.webm (3 MB, 720x405) Image search: [Google]
sub4.webm
3 MB, 720x405
>>321279580
it was more of a flavor of the moment game
i might host and update maps when we get a new job update but the fire update didnt really motivate me
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.