[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gc1 6u34gl5k w-why capcom..
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 8
File: Dragons-Dogma-pic-2[1].jpg (272 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Dragons-Dogma-pic-2[1].jpg
272 KB, 1280x720
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gc16u34gl5k

w-why capcom..
>>
File: 1416840409164.webm (2 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1416840409164.webm
2 MB, 640x360
>>284480142
>Expecting Capcom not to kill everything its fans love with no real reason
>>
>>284480142
>Cap com
>a company run by competent individuals who listen to their customers

Choose one and only one.
>>
>>284480142
what's wrong? Gameplay seems about the same.
>>
I am pretty happy about it. It's basically the same but with multiplayer.
>>
File: your attention.jpg (10 KB, 251x223) Image search: [Google]
your attention.jpg
10 KB, 251x223
>>284482586
This. I don't see the problem.
Perhaps someone can enlighten us?
>>
It doesn't look bad yet. It might even be good if it retains the controls from the normal game instead of going full mmo.
>>
Looks good. Can't wait to remake my loli.
>>
>>284482671
>>284482586
Reuses assets
Will probably have microtransactions that directly effect you like quests
Almost surely will make monsters sponges, to lengthen the grind
THE grind

Story and map added in patches, so if you finish content you will be stuck grinding shit.
>>
>>284483105
The monsters were already sponges.
Reused assets isn't a bad thing either since it looks like it's essentially the same graphics as the first game.

Microtransactions might be a serious problem though.
>>
>>284483521
>already sponges
Wat

Most enemies, even larger ones like Chimera and Griffins, were easy to kill by level 20. I doubt they will have Gorechimera, and other higher level variants at launch.
>>
>>284482947
Capcom confirmed you're unable to make lolis now
>>
>>284480142
It looks like Dragon's Dogma with multiplayer. Everyone was begging for that, so it looks alright so far. I hope they expand and add more skills and stuff, though.
>>
>>284480142
The ONLY thing i don't like about this is the kawaii uguu~ look of the characters.
>>
>>284483791
Did you even play visit BBI?
>>
>>284483819
Bullshit. There were lolis in the trailer.
>>
>>284483791
Did you even buy dark arisen?
>>
>>284483819
Into the rift it goes!
>>
>>284483819
There are lolis in the trailer.
>>
>>284483878
they were all made in the same exact character creator everyone had access to in Dark Arisen, so I dont know what the problem is.
>>
File: Monster_img_18.png (513 KB, 639x625) Image search: [Google]
Monster_img_18.png
513 KB, 639x625
>>284483791
Hey.
>>
>>284480142
Why is everyone crying again? It looks like everything everyone wanted from the original- multiplayer and a better story presentation and characters.
>>
>>284485005
muh f2p
>>
>>284484334
I did and it was usually a matter of picking the right class, which is a bad thing too. I wish the game had more boss fights like Daimon, where you ACTUALYY need to dodge his attacks and move around.
>>
>>284484834
I know, but you can't change the NPCs, and they look different in this game. But that's just my preference, i prefer the western look.
>>
>>284483791
And until you reached level 20-30 everything was a sponge. Then you fought grigori and went to the everfall where everything was a sponge until you hit 40. Then you go to BBI which has a range of sponges for all levels.

>>284483105
reusing assets in this scenario at least confirms that it is the same engine, and that means the same gameplay systems.

So, which would you rather have?

Dragons Dogma, then 40 dollars to rebuy it with Dark Arisen?

Or Dragons Dogma online, where you buy each dark arisen style expansion for 10-15$ a pop and you get one of those every 6 months or so. (the negative is that each class outside of the starting four you will probably have to pay like 5$ a piece for)

Which would you rather have? Which is a better way to price the game? Which gives you more bang for your buck?
>>
>>284484864
its your own fault for not playing best class
I got pretty pessimistic after the ONLINE announcement
but after the trailers it pretty much looks just like dd
but capcom will crush my dreams I'm sure
>>
>>284485394
They look pretty much the same though. The only noticeable difference is that they look a bit more "clean" and less dirty. But then again, that entire city looks like its in way better shape than Gran Soren was.
>>
>>284485449
I remember back when Dragons Dogma 1 was first announced

>lolcrapcom
>we want the skyrim audience
>let me know when bethesda sues
>no MP(magic points), what a shitty design decision!
>no multiplayer no buy

Then I started making threads about how cool I thought the game looked consistantly for about 3 months before the game launched. It gathered a small but controversial following on here.

Then the game launched and the flood gates opened. More people liked it, but the rivalry between DD, Dark Souls, and Skyrim was huge.

Skyrim went from a loved game here with daily threads to constantly being shit on in the crossfire, until everyone suddenly decided it was shit. Dark Souls had a bigger fanbase filled with elitists determined to prove their game was best.

Opinion on Dogma was still heavily divided. Then Dark Arisen came out. Then more people got it, and it became more well known and positively recieved here with less shitposting.

Then Dark Arisen became free on PS+ and now we got tons of ass retarded fanboys of our own who will forgive every flaw and claim any change, including the addition of multiplayer, is blasphemy and ruins everything.

And so we have come full circle. The assretarded fanboys are as bad as the circle jerk haters from before DD1 came out.

Go fucking figure.
>>
>>284486190
Anon, I want to believe I really hope the game is going to be alright and not riddled with microtransactions or atleast not to the point where I would feel like I really have to buy shit so I can create my character to begin with
that is my only concern right now the gameplay itself will probably not dissapoint me
>>
>Those new monster designs

My hope is depleting. Only good looking ones are the orcs, combat looks almost identical and the world size and scaling somehow got fucked.
>>
>>284486554
I have posted it before, and I will post again.

I think the things they will charge for are the following:

>additional classes beyond the starting 4
>sidequest packs
>new areas in the overworld
>story expansions
>ability to make additional pawns
>rift crystals to buy the stuff you can otherwise buy with gold.
>>
>>284485005
>f2p
>not a true sequel
>no Itsuno
>new monster designs look meh
>>
>>284486567
The dragons look even better, imo.
>>
>>284487024

there are no pawns
>>
Release date?
>>
>>284487024
>sidequest packs
>new areas in the overworld

eugh plz no. I thought this stuff will come with patches, the other stuff seems kinda reasonable
>>
File: 1406769221742.png (21 KB, 635x467) Image search: [Google]
1406769221742.png
21 KB, 635x467
>Comments disabled
>Like bar disabled

Oh they know people are pissed.
>>
>>284484334
>>284484664
Got it from PS+, you would be crazy to think anything from BBI would be at the launch of this.
>>
>>284487182
The aquatic looking ones look like Monster Hunter trash.
>>
Still asia only?
>>
>>284488796
Still asia only.
>>
>>284488864

But we can just use our jap PSN right? Is that still a thing? Haven't usedny jap PSN in forever
>>
>>284489090
it works for singleplayer games I think, I know what you mean, I've done that with other games but I dont know witch this one but it should probably work if it works with other games
>>
>>284489296
Glad to see that my english is in good shape today, god damnit.
>>
>>284487207
Pawns have been confirmed since they announced the game. They even talk about pawns in the trailer in this thread. In the announcement interview, Capcom said that you could play the entire game offline with pawns if you really wanted to.

>>284487351
So let me get this straight, paying 40$ for Dark Arisen is ok, but paying 10-20$ for roughly the same amount of additional content in DDO is not ok?
>>
So is there any explanation as to why there are that many Arisen running around?
>>
>>284487207
It has single player content just like the first game. You don't have to play online
>>
>>284490457
That old white dragon in the trailers (who is voiced by the same Jap VA who voiced Grigori) senses something majorly wrong with the cycle and just starts making tons and tons and tons of people into arisen to fight back against a coming calamity/apocalypse scenario that threatens the cycle and all of existence I am willing to bet that our actions at the end of DD combined with Daimons bullshit in Dark Arisen is seriously fucking up the cycle and now shit is going to get really fucked for a lot of worlds.
>>
>>284486190
>everyone is stupid except for me

You donkey.
>>
>>284480142
The only disappointing thing I've seen so far is no Ur-Dragon.
>>
Japanese voices seem out of place in this game. That video was cringeworthy over those alone.
>>
>>284490460
It's gonna be vestigial as fuck. Why pay attention to single player when it's fucking Dragon's Dogma ONLINE? Fuck Capcom and fuck all you idiots who asked for this
>>
>>284491836
How were they cringe worthy?
>>
>>284492210
What exactly are your problems with it besides micro transactions?
>>
>>284486190
>Then I started making threads about how cool I thought the game looked consistantly for about 3 months before the game launched. It gathered a small but controversial following on here.
Yes anon! You did it! It was you and only you who gave a shit about DD! You saved DD from obscurity by your charisma and will alone! Can I suck your dick you tremendous faggot?
>>
>>284483105
>Reuses assets

What series doesn't do this

honestly
>>
>>284486190
Don't hurt your wrist from jacking off over your own ego, anon.
>>
>>284492389
>micro transactions
Isn't that enough to shit on it? I'd say moving the focus away from a fairly good focused single player rpg into yet another shitty f2p micro transaction mmo is enough
>>
So is it still Japan only?
>>
>>284491836
>cringing at foreign languages

Do you have some sort of mental issue? Honest question.
>>
>>284492508
>being this buttmad

Whats wrong?
>>
>>284486190
I think your view is kind of spiteful and warped. A lot of us appreciated there was no multiplayer and would like that to continue as an option (looks like it is) and weren't really interesting in discussing it.

The reason we don't like that kind of discussion is it leads directly into retards telling us their fanwank theories and a how they think there should be horses, cars and everything from Skyrim/Dark Souls/MonHun and also they should include this amazing alternative reality universe I've been working on let me post it for you guys.

It ain't worth it.
>>
>>284492756
>enough reason
If its over priced then it will be. If the pricing is fair, then nah.

>MMO
I see you know nothing about the game and have ignored all trailers, interviews, and announcements about it, and that your only knowledge about it comes from shit posting on /v/. You should fix that.
>>
>>284492756
I relate to the micro transaction hate, but after seeing how little the gameplay changed has made me cautiously optimistic.

They haven't given us many details to determine how shit it will be. DD1 had mivrotransactions too but was still great
>>
>>284492825
It doesn't fit in an Euopean setting
>>
>>284493259
That's a fucking awful excuse.
>>
>>284480142
This looks fine though.
>>
>>284493125
>a lot of us

I am not talking about you lot. I am talking about the faggots shitting up this very thread by saying the game is doomed and a piece of shit because it has Multiplayer. God forbid.

I layed down context because I know most of you are relatively new to either /v/ or to Dragons Dogma (considering I was one of the very few who was hyped for the original release, back when the general consensus on /v/ about the game was lolcrapcom wants the skyrim audience) and was trying to explain the context of how those kneejerk reaction super fanboys sound literally as bad as legitimate haters of the game, that is all.
>>
>>284493151
>I see you know nothing about the game
Well let's see
>Massive
This game seems like a pretty big guy
>Multiplayer
yes
>Multiplayer
That is one of the selling points
>Online
Well this one's a bit hard to figure out
>Rpg
Unless Capcom gets even dumber I assume it's still and rpg
So yes. It's an MMO friendo
>>
>>284493539
Not the guy you are quoting but that is fucking retarded.
Yes, I see your point, but if you start picking apart the definition piece by piece like that then Monster Hunter is an MMO too.
>>
>>284493502
I'm sorry I disagreed with you. You are correct that turning into a F2P MMO with incoming micro transactions is a great thing. Silence all DD haters
>>
I'm excited for this.
Is DD the new MH?

I'm kinda disappointed the game doesn't look that great, though. It is on the PS4, then again, I can't complain since were getting something DD related.
>>
>>284493259
Neither does magic and monsters. Can you tell me where I can find magic and monsters in Europe? I will buy a plane ticket and fly to europe right now if I could see some real magic or dragons. You know what else doesnt fit the european setting? English, which did not exist in the form seen in Dogma until the late 1500s, well into the period where swords and armor where being phased out and replaced with fire arms.
>>
>>284493502
Just ignore them you pretentious faggot.
>>
>>284493737
How isn't Monster Hunter an MMO
>>
File: 1420244942751.jpg (11 KB, 202x289) Image search: [Google]
1420244942751.jpg
11 KB, 202x289
>still jap only
>>
>>284493539
Its not massive multiplayer, its massively multiplayer, as in the number of players playing together simultaneously is a massive number.

4 is not a massive number of players playing simultaneously. Battlefield has some massive levels to play on, and 64 to 128 players playing simultaneously, is it an MMO too?
>>
>>284493889
Are there ever more than 5 players on the screen at a time?
>>
>>284493889
There might be 1000 players online at any given moment.
You can only see 3 other players at a time.
That would be the main difference.
Not to mention the combat is much, much closer to an action game than typical MMOs, or even "Action" MMOs.
>>
>>284493807
>the late 1500s
How do we know when the game takes place
>>
>>284493750
>same gameplay as a game we love.
>has multiplayer, a commonly requested feature by nearly everyone
>can still play single player with pawns if you wish
>you might pay around 60$ worth of microtransactions (the price you would have payed for the game normally) to get all the features and content you would have expected from Dragons Dogma 2
>Even if you pay no money, you still get multiplayer questing with friends for what would essentially be the biggest demo ever.

There is seriously no reason to complain about this.
>>
>>284494153
I don't know if you are the guy who originally posted the comment about Japanese voices, and even though I agree that English voices fit better with the setting, tough shit because Japanese voices is all the game is going to have.
You know, because it will never ever come out in America.
>>
>>284494153
Its never stated, but most of the things in the game seem to draw inspiration from that era, I think.
>>
File: 1301639099622.jpg (40 KB, 356x354) Image search: [Google]
1301639099622.jpg
40 KB, 356x354
>>284486190
had bought a new PS3 (just for Dragon's Dogma) and picked up a bunch of games along with it. made a thread. everyone sperging out over Nier and Shadow of the Damned and Yakuza 3. "oh what's that? Dragon's Dogma? what a piece of shit. kill yourself." now everyone sucks its dick
>>
>>284494378
The average poster in /v/ is exceptionally good at complaining about petty, dumb shit, I agree with everything you said but I'm not surprised in the slightest to see /v/ bitching about it.
I'm curious as to why even care since I don't think this is going to affect us at all.
>>
>>284494153
Dragons Dogma doesnt take place. Its fiction. His point was that the japanese track doesnt fit the setting. But I was saying that the english track doesnt fit the setting either, because by the time english was spoken in that manner, we were already using fire arms and finishing up the Renaissance and getting ready for the age of discovery and the birth of America and shit. My whole point is that its a fictional world that does not parrelel to our own so complaining about langauge being out of place is retarded.
>>
>>284494378
I'm complaining because its 日本語 only so far.
>>
>>284494378
How about this
>It's Capcom
>90% of the time they can't help but fuck it up
Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.