[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
With Sakurai most likely not returning for the next Smash, what
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 13
File: SmashRosterUpd.jpg (363 KB, 610x420) Image search: [Google]
SmashRosterUpd.jpg
363 KB, 610x420
With Sakurai most likely not returning for the next Smash, what can we expect this roster to look like without sakurbias holding it back? Are there even any Nintendo characters left who'd make a big "bang" if they got confirmed? (Ridley aside, of course.)

A good chunk of Nintendo's A-listers are already playable, the pickings are slim now, and some will argue that even some of Smash 4's newcomers are arguably bottom of the barrel scraping.

Above all, I think we can all agree that Bandana Dee will definitely have a bigger chance with Sakurai gone, maybe even guaranteed.
>>
Ice Climbers, Cpt. Toad, Inkling, Rayman and an indie game rep (probably Commander Video or Shantae) are without a doubt going to be newcomers.

Ridley, K. Rool, Dixie, Isaac, Wonder Red, Krystal, Andy and Ray all depend on whether the next director cares about US popularity or not.

According to that pie chart Japan seems to REALLY like Pichu, Lucas, Roy, and Wolf so we'll probably get those as alts.
>>
Pink Gold Peach all but confirmed
>>
File: never.jpg (163 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
never.jpg
163 KB, 600x338
>>
Good gameplay
>>
>>284132210
>japan likes Roy
are you sure?
>>
File: KRtDL_Waddle_Dee.png (48 KB, 200x265) Image search: [Google]
KRtDL_Waddle_Dee.png
48 KB, 200x265
This little shit, please.
>>
Considering Sakurai created kirby, and that you're a massive faggot, no this won't happen.
>>
>>284132210
>Cpt. Toad
Can't jump. He ain't makin it in.
>>
>>284131016

Hopefully we'll get a game that doesn't intentionally make itself worse with poor design choices.
>>
>>284131016
>Bandana Dee will definitely have a bigger chance with Sakurai gone, maybe even guaranteed.

Really don't know what makes you think that.

We can probably count on Captain Toad (or some form of Toad), Wonder Red, and Dixie, though.

I'd like to see Impa replace Sheik, have Marth and Lucina combined into one character with 2 skins (same with the Pits), and drop ZSS for Ridley.

Would also like to see the Mario characters look a little more colorful ala their main series designs.

I also think it's time to drop Jigglypuff. Would have been nice to have Sceptile to both advertise ORAS and to create a Grass-Fire-Water theme with Charizard and Greninja.
>>
>>284134724
>I also think it's time to drop Jigglypuff.
Even without Sakurai it'll never happen.
Original 12 for life.
>>
>>284131016
King Boo would be cool.
>>
>>284134623

He has a chance, but I'd honestly imagine they'd just make his air game even shittier than Little Mac's.
>>
File: smb2_carrying_toad_big.png (586 B, 188x244) Image search: [Google]
smb2_carrying_toad_big.png
586 B, 188x244
>>284134623
>>Cpt. Toad
>Can't jump. He ain't makin it in.

Maybe just normal Toad, then. Blue Toad, ideally, with the others as alt colors. Since he seems to be the "main" Toad for platform adventuring (the NSMB series and 3D World). He was even in SMB2.
>>
>>284134872
Why, though? What makes you think that?
>>
>>284135087

Roots. Same reason why Captain Falcon will never drop despite his franchise being dead as a doornail.
>>
>>284134957
>they confirm captain toad
>jump disabled
>>
>>284135087
Tradition.
>>
>>284134962
I wouldn't mind that, but would that affect peach's special?
>>
File: Super_Smash_Bros_Melee_box_art.png (151 KB, 250x349) Image search: [Google]
Super_Smash_Bros_Melee_box_art.png
151 KB, 250x349
>>284135218
Captain Falcon still reps a classic series that otherwise wouldn't have character representation. There is absolutely no reason to keep putting Jigglypuff in.

Also
>Roots.
That's not a reason. Where has anyone official ever said "we're going to keep the original 12 fighters because they're the original roster"

It's just the wish of fanboys who can't let go.
>>
a gen 8 pokemon rep is gauranteed
>>
>>284135449
Replace Peach's Toad with Toadsworth.
>>
>>284135218
>>284135448
>Roots.
>Tradition.

You guys can't be serious.
>>
>>284132210
>Ice Climbers
>newcomers
>>
>>284135701
Nintendo as a company does like to stick to traditions a lot of the time though.
>>
>>284135701
>>284135701
if puff has stuck around for this long i honestly dont see her leaving in any future game. Also if there is a new director and they removed her people would riot because they removed the original 12.
>>
>>284135949
>people would riot because they removed the original 12

When has Nintendo ever given a shit about neckbeards on the internet? Jigglypuff is irrelevant.
>>
>>284136042
*you meant to say since when does sakurai give a shit about what neckbeards say on the internet.
thats why with a new director i would expect jiggs to stay
>>
>>284135480
>>284136042
>>284135701
To be fair, they have had puff in for 15 fucking years. Why would you think they would remove her? It is honestly the smarter option to think the original 12 will stay
>>
File: 200px-Propeller_Mushroom[1].png (29 KB, 200x181) Image search: [Google]
200px-Propeller_Mushroom[1].png
29 KB, 200x181
Captain Toad's Up B.
>>
>people still don't understand jiggs keeps staying because she's a model edit of kirby and can reuse kirby's animation riggings
>>
File: shantae.gif (53 KB, 80x76) Image search: [Google]
shantae.gif
53 KB, 80x76
Add Shantae. Make the japs know and fall in love with her.

Attack with hair whips. Side b is elephant dash. Up b is harpy flight, down b is mermaid bubble or some shit like that

Taunts are dancing or something
>>
>>284135316

Or the captain can jump normally, but it's contextualized with springs akin to sonic's up B
>>
File: image.jpg (65 KB, 473x450) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
65 KB, 473x450
>>284132210
>Shantae as indie rep
>not Quote
Quote is more recognizable, more famous, and from a better game. He is the king of indies

Goddamn waifufags want Shantae cause she has tits
>>
>>284137146
>Quote

who?
>>
>>284137248

Cave story robot
>>
>>284131016
Even though he created Bandana Dee?
>>
File: image.jpg (36 KB, 310x496) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
36 KB, 310x496
>>284137248
Nice bait, waifufag
>>
>>284134623
you're a faggot.

he can't jump in his games because his sack is full.

he will have nothing in his backpack to begin with, his neutral b will be like pocket except he catches the projectile in his backpack. when he holds onto it/has it in his backpack he moves slower and can't jump

his side b is the pickaxe (watch gameplay of captain toad to see)

his up b can be one of the clear warp pipe cannons that you shoot out of in 3d world/captain toad

his down b can be like peach's except with turnips, gems, and green stars, in that specific order like olimar with his pikmin.
>>
>>284134120
PUHLEASE

I'LL DO ALMOST ANYTHING

HE HAS NO PROBLEMS FITTING IN YOU SAID YOU YOURSELF AND HE EVEN GOT A NEW GAME
>>
The newcomers in Smash 5 will likely be characters we are unable to predict at this time, as they'll be characters who will be created between now and Smash 5, or gain new relevance in that time period.
>>
>>284131016
>Without Sakuraibias
>A 4th Kirby character

Jesus fucking Christ this is why he doesn't take you people seriously
>>
>>284131016
>what can we expect this roster to look like without sakurbias holding it back?

That's a naive way of looking at it. With someone else in charge, it's just their biases that become apparent instead of Sakurai's.

I think the real problem is the roster, and Smash itself, has become too big for one person to have the final say on everything. It was easier to make a satisfying roster when it was smaller because you had less room to spend on personal follies. If more than one person selected the roster and had to agree with each other to finalize it, I think it would generally have less controversial choices, although the downside is no crazy shit like Wii Fit Trainer.
>>
>>284131016
>what can we expect this roster to look like without sakurbias holding it back?
>sakurbias
What bias did he have other than putting in one Uprising character and one lazy Uprising recolor? He has nothing to do with any of the other newcomers.
>>
>>284137945

I wouldn't mind series that actually deserve the extra attention getting a little bias, like Donkey Kong.
>>
>>284137948
People are just going to list off how the interface is similar to Uprising (which isn't an argument because Uprising already looked like Brawl) and how there's an ass ton of KI enemies in Smash Run

That's it
>>
likely if they keep being relevant/their games are good for the next 5 years or so:
>Capt. Toad
>Inkling
>New Pokeman advertisement character
>New Fire Emblem advertisement character
>"The Wonderful 101", will be a gimmick character with Red leading the group of "main" (colored) Wonderfuls/utilizing their abilities for his specials
>Mallo from Pushmo
>Dillon

one/two of these likely for quirk/retro rep:
>Takamaru
>Mach Rider
>Lip?
>Excitebiker?
>Balloon Fighter?

would like to see, but probably too dead:
>Saki
>Isaac
>Ray Mk ___
>Andy
>Starfy
>Jill Dozer

can't predict but would love:
>Ridley
>K. Rool
>>
>>284138103
Wanting more DK related material doesn't mean you have to take it out on the KI series, KI is only heavily represented because all of it's assets were still on the dev team's computers and shit
>>
>>284131016
Remove all clones and relegate them to alts. Custom moves and equipment (especially statless equipment which only grants effects is added) remain for customization.

Literally noone loses. Anyone against this needs to have their brain checked.
>>
File: 20150123_212045.jpg (609 KB, 2048x1152) Image search: [Google]
20150123_212045.jpg
609 KB, 2048x1152
>mfw Waddle Dee will be in the next Smash Bros and theres [genuinely] nothing you can do about it
>>
>>284138105
Sakurai always reuses shit from Smash. I'd say half of Kirby Air Ride's assets came from Melee.
>>
>>284138439
>Remove all clones and relegate them to alts
What do we gain from that?

>>284138457
I know, but because this time around it's connected to Kid Icarus so people are pissed that it's not all coming from a series they love
>>
>>284138561
Less opponents to fight in All-Star, making it faster to beat. Also takes less time to complete Classic and All-Star with every character (and getting the inevitable rewards for beating them with everyone).

More alts can be made instead of balancing another character and wasting time making custom moves for them.

Cleaner looking roster.
>>
File: 83b.png (150 KB, 600x637) Image search: [Google]
83b.png
150 KB, 600x637
The amount of stupid in this thread i swear

>Sakurai not doing the next smash

He expressed interest in not being involved in the next instalments after Melee and Brawl. But after Sm4sh he seems to have given up on that and has instead mentioned things he would like to do in the next installments.

>Ice Climbers will be in

So long as the next handheld console can handle it of course ice climbers will be in.. If Sakurai was crazy enough he would segregate the 3ds online users by "new 3ds" and "old 3ds" and all the "new 3ds" owners would get the ice climbers download because it can handle them. But he won't. And it's a higher powers fault for forcing Sakurai to make it on the 3ds too in the first place. Sakurai loves the ice climbers.

>Bandana dee will make an appearance when Sakurai LEAVES

Are you batshit inSANE!?.. if it werent for Sakurai we probably wouldnt have seen Dedede until Sm4sh and we probably would have never got metaknight! The other high rollers at Nintendo don't take to Kirby that much Bandana dee is a nobody to them.
>>
>implying the next director won't suck Sakurais dick and go the way Sakurai would have gone
>>
>>284134120
Teedus?
>>
>>284135575

Yeah good observation faggot what couldve made you think of that
>>
File: 1416867177562.png (51 KB, 245x243) Image search: [Google]
1416867177562.png
51 KB, 245x243
>>284141860
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.