[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
NO, im sorry this is bullshit I have a decent character with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 7
NO, im sorry this is bullshit I have a decent character with decent stats and yet this fucker kills me every fuckin time, and if that is not enough I cant never hit him he's just jumping all over the place. This game is bullshit enemies don't have stamina why the fuck should I have, because artificial difficulty that's why.
>>
File: 1423772392481.png (214 KB, 460x491) Image search: [Google]
1423772392481.png
214 KB, 460x491
GIT GUD GAMER GIRL
>>
Are you seriously complaining that enemies have different systems in place than you do?
>>
>>283821419
Learn to dodge noob.
>>
>>283821419
>wear full gavels
>some kind of zweihander
>tank hits, spam r1, chug estus
You win
>>
>>283821419
Learn pyromancy, shit is broken as fuck, dog.
>>
>>283821419
it's by far the easiest boss in the dlc
you might as well give up now
>>
>>283821419
I got raped by him too many times. I just went back later and beat him on my first try. Being patient, and using the Crystal Halberd earned my victory on New Game +5.

I still haven't beaten Manus.
>>
>>283821419
Is this actually a tread or just a troll? If this is actually a thread, post your current load out and We'll help.
>>
>>283821419

Jesus, he literally has an attack that is "I'll stand here for 5 seconds doing nothing" and if he hits you with it you stagger backwards for a bit with no damage. Yeah he's a pain the first time but god damn once you learn it's a dodge fight this shit should be childs play for you.
>>
File: keep on rollin.webm (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
keep on rollin.webm
3 MB, 640x360
>doesn't have faggot flip ring
>doesn't fight both of them

Step up friend.
>>
>>283822203

Does anyone have an answer for why the fucking flip came back into fashion? A year ago no one fucking used it anymore, now 9/10 fights the faggot is flipping, the fuck happened?
>>
>>283822423
Fashion comes in cycles.
>>
>>283822203
>both of them
There are two? What is this sorcery?
>>
>>283821920
You can cheat with manus with a bow, a ring, and a lot of arrows.

Also he's easier with a high poise high stamina heavy shield build since you don't have to be good enough to dodge his attacks and can instead block.
>>
>>283822580
coming back to that area after you beat Manus (I think) spawns 2 of them
>>
>>283822423

Basically, this is what happened:
>people discover Darkwood Grain ring
>flippin all over the place
>patch comes out
>ring nerfed, doesn't work up to 50% equip load anymore
>people bitch that it's useless and stop using it
>some time passes
>people start using it again cause it's still good
>>
Actually to my recollection in Dark Souls enemies have stamina and movesets for their 'weapons' just like you do as a player. I'm not sure if that just applied to humanoid characters or NPCs though. Pretty sure that was people's main beef with Dark Souls 2, was that many enemies had infinite tracking and no reprieve in their attack patterns.

That said, OP, I found that fight exhilarating but I died anywhere from 5-15 times. That boss is about reaction times, you can't tank through his attacks with a shield or just muscle it with poise, you need to dodge roll. A player can go through the whole game his first time and not know this, but you have frames of invincibility in the middle of your roll, where no damage whatsoever can hit you. You just need to get the timing of that down and this enemy becomes a breeze.

I did my first run through with no shield so I had iframes down pat.
>>
File: 2012-09-23_00010.jpg (330 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
2012-09-23_00010.jpg
330 KB, 1600x900
I really liked this boss, actually. Felt like I was playing Monster Hunter!
>>
>>283822830
It's still not good. You get hit once you're basically dead because no poise and no armor. It's only decent against dex build faggots who aren't good enough to play with a strength build because they can't properly stunlock and their attacks don't devastate a low armor low poise character.
>>
>>283823096
>no poise and no armor

Right because the ring dictates whether you have poise or armor. Are you retarded?
>>
>>283823074
the DLC was my favourite part of the game because every boss was fast and unrelenting and you had to rely on good dodging and reaction time, builds almost felt irrelevant outside of roll speed. Does that mean I'd enjoy Monster Hunter?
>>
I really likes that fight, just have a lot of stamina and be ready to dodge... If you cant to that i have no clue how you got so far
>>
>One of the easiest bosses in the game
>"This boss is bullshit"

Have fun with Artorias, Manus, and Kalameet

Also, git gud.
>>
>>283821419
>WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Here, translated your post.

>artificial difficulty

I bet you're one of those people that whenever he loses it's because the "machine is cheating", aren't you, crybaby?
>>
File: list.jpg (464 KB, 1593x1191) Image search: [Google]
list.jpg
464 KB, 1593x1191
>>283823445
I enjoyed the DLC areas a lot for the same reasons... and absolutely, yeah. MonHun is like that, only without any smaller enemies or dungeons. You go on small scale missions, in which you hunt some big motherfucker. And the variety of big motherfuckers there is, well, motherfucking big.
>>
>>283821419
>decent character
>decent stats
>not a decent player (?)
there's your problem
>>
>Doing a sorcery only build against Manus on NG+
Dark Bead and Pursuers hardly ever fucking dents him and Man Anus' own version of Dark Bead almost always fucking gets me out of everything else
Also, rate my set of spells
>Soul Arrow, Great Soul Arrow (both for dealing with cannon fodder), CDB, CSS, Dark Bead, Pursuers
>>
I thought sanctuary guardian was the most annoying boss in the dlc.
>>
>>283823096
> strength
>not the easiest way to play through the game
Pick one
>>
File: 1374713155843.jpg (105 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1374713155843.jpg
105 KB, 400x400
>>283821419
>>
Fuck off DSP. Shouldn't you be picking up your daughter from school right now?
>>
File: Rathalos is a douche.gif (361 KB, 174x172) Image search: [Google]
Rathalos is a douche.gif
361 KB, 174x172
>>283823938

Also you don't "level up" in the traditional sense. You carve stuff out of fallen monsters, and can make cool gear with it. That gear gives you all sorts of boosts. There are also all sorts of weapons that play very differently from each other.
>>
> easiest boss of the dlc
Youre not going to have a fun time
>>
>>283821419
>great lightning spear
>havels

Nigga go for miracles or str/vit you can't be an all aroundgod in your first playthrough

And git fucking gud
>>
I cant wait till you get to manus . You seriously need to git good if you dont find that boss fight really fun
>>
>Some faggot actually missed cutting the tail
>Some faggot has to cut it in the twin guardian fight
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.