[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/02 /18/nintendo-explains-wh
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (77 KB, 946x532) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
77 KB, 946x532
http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/02/18/nintendo-explains-why-new-3ds-wasnt-released-in-north-america

WHY COULDNT THEY HAVE JUST NAMED IT THE SUPER 3DS

I WAS HOLDING OFF ON BUYING A NORMAL 3DS AND NOW I CANT BUY ONE BECAUSE THEY STOPPED MAKING ONE, AND NOW THIS??? WHAT THE FUCK NINTENDOUCHE

NAMING THINGS ISNT HARD
>>
BUMP BECAUSE I AM ANGRY
>>
>>283816810
Calm down. They never ruled it out completely.

It'll be here in the Summer or closer to black friday.
>>
Super 3DS sounds fucking lame.

Should've called it 3DS+
>>
All I want is a straight answer as to whether or now they will eventually release the smaller one
>>
>>283820120
You're lame. 3DS + sounds good too though
>>
>>283820398
not* obviously
>>
Nintendo 3DS Advance XL
>>
So wait, the N3DS isn't released in America? Doesn't it get games that are only able to be played on the N3DS? So America is left out of the whole new 3DS thing?
>>
>>283821029
New 3DS XL came out in NA
New 3DS small did not

This whole new 3DS shit has been so fucked up and made people fucking mad as fuck since the start but this puts the cherry on top. I'm sure if they hadn't been fucking dumbass pieces of shit and gave the XL some faceplates, people wouldn't be as mad.

When it comes down to it most people agree that the reason the small one did not come out is not only because Nintendo of America is known for making absolutely retarded decisions, but also because they are trying to maximize profits of the old 3DS.
>>
>>283821257
Oh boy.
>>
>>283816810
If Americans handle PS3 and PS4 they should be able to handle 3DS and 3DS2 or something like it. Put a number on the thing. They generally just suck at words but numbers should be fine.
>>
I just wanted the small one because it had SNES coloring and faceplates, plus I think the resolution looks shit on the bigger screens.

Wouldn't it just make sense to call it Super 3ds since it has super nintendo coloring?
>>
File: caleb_is_drunk.gif (892 KB, 214x159) Image search: [Google]
caleb_is_drunk.gif
892 KB, 214x159
>>283816810
>Nintendo knows America is too retarded to tell the difference between simple word play.

I mean, it makes sense with what happened to the Wii U. I know at least a few people who own a Wii honestly thought the Wii U was just an add-on.
>>
I feel that with the amount peoplr have been complaining, calling, tweeting, emailing, signing peititions, and whatnot, they will surely being it to NA too. I'm not buying this til my normal 3ds definetly is unusable somehow.
>>
>>283821257
wait, people are pissed about the new 3ds existing in general?
how the fuck have they not caught on to nintendo making revisions of their handhelds by now?
>>
>>283821715
I'll bet money on Sept-Oct release with some new 3DS exclusive game people will actually want, just in time for the Christmas rush.
>>
>>283821715
Sorry for shit grammar and typos, I'm on phone.
>>
>>283821812
No. People are mad about the stupid decisions nintendo made with them such as giving the small n3ds a noticeably worse screen, no faceplates on the XL, bad engineering of SD card slot, lack of colored buttons on XL and really really stupid color-per-region options on release when people had already planned on getting a specific color scheme announced in another region before they found out their region wasn't getting it, enormous delays in releasing in certain regions in the first place, etc.

The execution has been garbage on Nintendo's side. I wish people would just stop buying Nintendo stuff. They are clearly a very anti-consumer company.
>>
>>283821812

Are you retarded?

People is pissed because they didn't got the normal sized one. Europe and Japan got it.

America didn't.

And all because Nintendo knows the small version is more desired over the XL.

If they bring over both version, everyone will choose the regular one over the XL, leaving the XL alone means everyone who wants one will get it.

Once the hype dies down they'll surely bring it.
>>
>>283816810
Super 3DS,
3DS Advance,
3DS Next
3DS Plus

Nevermind me guys, just some names that are tons better than "New 3DS"
>>
>>283823006
Hell even fucking 3DSi would be a better name as this distinction already exists for DS/DSi
>>
NIGGA
>>
>>283821715
betting next year will bring lots of NEW 3ds exclusives and "N3DS ENHANCED" shit as it has better specs.
>>
>>283816810
My biggest complaint about the XL is that the buttons aren't colored like the regular.
>>
Neo 3DS
>>
So many iteration of the same piece of shit that Americas won't be able to tell the difference. At least they are not making the same naming mistake as the WiiU. eh?
>>
>>283822608
explain why the japs bought the xl over the regular one 3:1 then
http://www.famitsu.com/news/201410/15063576.html
>>
File: GdSc8lc.gif (763 KB, 500x275) Image search: [Google]
GdSc8lc.gif
763 KB, 500x275
This wouldn't even be a fucking problem if it wasn't region locked. Oh well, no N3DS for me then.

Didn't Iwata try to get some board of directors to start unlocking future iterations? What came of that?
>>
>>283816810
They should have just named it the 3DSi
>>
Why not rip Apple off since Americans seem to understand them and just call it the 3DS Plus?
>>
File: 343.png (147 KB, 378x347) Image search: [Google]
343.png
147 KB, 378x347
>>283820120
>Missing out on sales because of a poor naming decision

WHAT'S WRONG WITH THEM??

What's so hard about finding a cool name for a new console??
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.