[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Into the Castle of Grief
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 41
Had fun documenting the last two sittings. Lets had for the 4th hub!
>>
File: Screenshot_Hexen_20141217_142411.png (484 KB, 1024x1535) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_Hexen_20141217_142411.png
484 KB, 1024x1535
Key item: Check

Blinking lights: Check

Suspicious columms: Check

This is gonna be an ambush trigger, isn't it?
>>
Of course.
>>
Alas, poor Yorick.
>>
I wonder what is going to happen this time around?
>>
Aw shit.
>>
This is bizarre, what tactical advantage this might have?
>>
Really dig the arc of death in really open areas.
>>
Metal as fuck
>>
File: 1418772126821.jpg (179 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1418772126821.jpg
179 KB, 500x500
A drawbro made this. A slaughtaur had a terrible aim and shot this ettin instead.
>>
>>276000717
Arc of Death is great when it doesn't run into a wall.
>>
God damn, there has to be a way to go around this trap without taking any damage.
>>
>>276001710
Timing, I think.
>>
This looks very nice
>>
I already put the three gears in their respective slots. But there is a forth one missing. Closer inspection and I found this up there but I can't find a way to reach it. Guess I'm gonna try my luck that portal I unlocked.
>>
Just look at this beauty
>>
I like how those Repulsion Disks are sitting there for the purpose of giving the player some F U N ideas.
>>
Regarding this >>276002696 I was scrolling through my items and I found I actually got a forth gear and I have no idea where I got it since I only remember 3 possible locations.
>>
Love them timed tasks. I can hear the tic toc
>>
I need to destroy any armor that I see thanks for my itch of getting all (read: most) of the secrets.
>>
>>276004375
Oh, welcome back, anon.
>>
>>276006835

Thanks.

In the mean time I found a bookshelf where Daedolon went "Hmm" when I hit space, along with a headless statue that he also said "Hmm." Guess I need to find a book and head I guess?
>>
>>276007145
I don't think it was a book item you have to find, I'm pretty sure you have to find bookshelves with specific symbol.
Only skull I remember was in the Deathkings expansion.
Also, you're near that room where you have to kill 3 serpents very slowly.
How are you enjoying that level with bedroom, library, chapel and other "comfy" rooms?
>>
Sure enough I found a book and went back to the library. I hit space a book went to the bookshelf. A sound cue was ringed and I have no idea where to go now. Guess I'll keep exploring.
>>
>>276007439

Talking about this statue.

And I'm really enjoying these levels. I wonder occupied these rooms. Surely not ettins. This game is really proving itself to be timeless in my opinion.
>>
>>276008041
The level design works so well because unlike in Doom, in Hexen you can distinguish specific rooms and their use. One room for example looks like a bedroom and because the graphics are really old and simple, your brain creates all those little details.
>>
Okay, so I just returned from wandering around the two levels this hub provides only to find that I somehow missed a key that was right here. Gonna use this rusty key now.
>>
>>276009940
Necropolis hub soon, fellow mortal. You'll be glad you're playing on normal.
>>
What a nice little room here.

>>276009940
>soon

I dunno. I still need to find the axe key. And something with that statue.
>>
Quote meant for >>276010467

Turns out I had to find two books for the library. Got my second one.
>>
And this happens
>>
>>276011991
>solve puzzle
>game rewards you by spawning more enemies
Thank god fighting is so fun in Hexen.
>>
>>276012531

Too bad that it most likely spawned some key/puzzle item somewhere and I am having that darned time finding it.
>>
I'm an idiot. It seems I get the head as soon as I put the second book.
>>
>1024x768
why do you do this
>>
So I put the head, head back to the pool and I found an entrance to another. This is how I get greeted.
>>
>>276014593
I fucking hate those enemies.
>>
Imagine if a loud sound poped up whenever these guys showed up in your face. Like a screamer, if you will.
>>
Metal as fuck
>>
Man, imagine dying in a place so cramped like this.
>>
This is getting better and better
>>
>>276015435
I never liked that level.
>>
Man, why does this game gives me so many Disks of Repulsion?
>>
File: 1279202996727.png (46 KB, 432x288) Image search: [Google]
1279202996727.png
46 KB, 432x288
>>276016767
Well I guess the game thinks you're repulsive.
>>
Damn, man, so many Ettins and I already cleared this room.
>>
>>276015979
It has good music at least.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1gNeUKepF0
>>
I think I have beaten the Dungeons but I don't know. I think I have missed something. I didn't hit a switch that "didn't do anything."
>>
I went into a mud river and fell down. Thought I was going to die. Turns out I went to another level!
>>
Why am I getting creepy vibes?
>>
>>276021214
Yeah, there was a similar puzzle in Caves of Circle. You had to fall down one of the holes to open bunch of corridors on the level.

>>276021619
Hope you're ready for more mages.
>>
Finally got the axe key!
>>
>>
>>
Kinda disappointed with the re-use of a hub boss.
>>
Slayed!
>>
>>276023042
Necropolis has 3 new bosses. And a whole bunch of constantly respawning flying zombies which shoot fireballs all the time.
>>
Facing my own masters? I hope this means actual fresh boss fights.

Well, that's it for today!
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 41

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.