[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
SFV
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 6
File: street_fighter_v_hot_package.jpg (103 KB, 662x829) Image search: [Google]
street_fighter_v_hot_package.jpg
103 KB, 662x829
How did you guys like the (supposedly) last beta?

I enjoyed finally getting a good grasp on some of the character matchups, what with everyone (besides F.A.N.G. being available)

My only issue is that each of the betas suffered from netherrealm syndrome, with massive changes being applied to each character every couple of weeks. I understand they're trying to figure out the best balance for the game before its release, but some of the changes made no sense (light normals becoming almost useless, bnbs for certain characters no longer working)

What do you guys think? Are you still looking forward to this game?

also for all the bitching about R.Mika and the censorship stuff, i didn't play a single Mika over the course of the entire weekend
>>
File: 1449834693776.jpg (984 KB, 1920x1035) Image search: [Google]
1449834693776.jpg
984 KB, 1920x1035
>>321065174
shit sucks

play xrd instead
>>
File: giphy.gif (1021 KB, 240x179) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
1021 KB, 240x179
>>321065467
Yeah because let's just compare a fully developed game to a beta.
>>
>>321065174
>>321065174
It was quite fun and not bad at all, but I feel like it lacks of hype.

Pretty hard to explain, but the game is so focused on fundamentals that defense becomes extremely important at high level play. It's good, but it's not "Wow, this game is freaking awesome!" level of good.

You are right on the nerfs. They literally kill your desire to play the characters if they are going to normalize them making them very straightforward and uninteresting. It doesn't even get that much variety in gameplay.

Anyway, Combofiend said that the final build of the game will be quite different, so I'm hoping the final release will bring more excitement in game.
>>
File: 1450051981710.jpg (1 MB, 3840x2160) Image search: [Google]
1450051981710.jpg
1 MB, 3840x2160
>>321065734
I don't need to see the full game to know that SF5 is garbage.

The game has combos that are so easy they practically do themselves, it looks like shit (especially compared to GGXrd), every step of the way Capcom is pandering to another audience (first it was casuals when they made the game babby easy, then it was SJWs with the censorship)

I give it 6 months tops before it becomes another Street Fighter X Tekken.
>>
>>321065174
I still think the first version of the game they've shown was the most hype. Both Ryu and Chun-Li felt very different from the more straightforward characters we got now. More unique and fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ay-IUE6WlAo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LaW9YRcyBso
>>
>>321066504
combo supposedly said that the characters were intentionally toned down for the betas, but i haven't found a source

besides, anime is dead and it'll keep dying
>>
>>321065467
Amen.
>>
File: HKTatsu.jpg (72 KB, 652x396) Image search: [Google]
HKTatsu.jpg
72 KB, 652x396
I still hate it, but Street Fighter has always felt like beating your head against a wall until it clicks, so I guess I'll get used to it. I had a lot more success with Nash than with Ken, the two of whom I'm considering maining when the game releases. I don't want to pick anyone too gimmicky right off the bat, just so I can force myself to learn good habits first and Nash and Ken both seem to be pretty aggressive, honest characters. Ken feels really weak right now. He can't convert off anything from more than 2 feet away, and getting into close range always entails a huge risk.

In the mean time I'm having a blast with GGXrd. It's the best-made fighting game out there right now, whether or not you like the style.
>>
File: 1440045161040.png (51 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
1440045161040.png
51 KB, 512x512
>>321065174
I enjoyed it.

The January beta (15-17th) that includes F.A.N.G. can't get here soon enough.
>>
>>321066698
How isn't sf5 anime with horrid proportions?
>>
>>321066698
He didn't say anything at all like that. He vaguely hinted on twitter that characters might be buffed at release. WooOoOoOoooOooo. It is entirely possibly, if you're the speculative sort, to imagine that Capcom was purposefully neutering certain characters' features to see how they fared without them. But nothing has been confirmed, and it's not worth getting your hopes up that any tech or combo you found earlier in the beta will be brought back.
>>
>>321067135
>having ridiculous proportions = anime
>>
>>321066504
If the game has easy combos then doesn't that mean the game is entirely about footsies and having good defense?

Doesn't that make it the purest fighting game then? And also since playing footsies is the hardest part of fighting games doesn't that mean the scrubs will still be scrubby?
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.