[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey guys. This is going to sound fucking ridiculous, but... I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 83
File: Second-Life.png (38 KB, 800x331) Image search: [Google]
Second-Life.png
38 KB, 800x331
Hey guys. This is going to sound fucking ridiculous, but... I made an account for Second Life.

Now now, before all the insults come in, I'm not doing it to actually roleplay or anything like that. I have no interest in that shit since I actually have a relatively decent social life. However, after seeing a shit ton of funny videos of people trolling others in second life, and seeing how fucking hilariously cringeworthy some of these people were, I wanted to go see it for myself, and try to find some people who act as fucked up as I've seen on youtube or whatever.

But this game makes no fucking sense! The tutorial explains nothing more than how to move, customization is a mess, there's no instruction as to what is what, so you just start out on an island or something and have no idea what to do, or how to find these incredibly fucked up people who actually believe that this stuff should be taken seriously.

What the fuck am I supposed to do now, apart from kill myself?
>>
>>272968226
I..... I-I don't know what to tell you OP. That game is shit.
>>
>>272968363
I know it's shit. Please read the 2 paragraphs I posted that should only take 20 seconds to read, rather than just the first and last sentences.

I mean, for god sakes. It's almost like facebook with a bunch of teenage girls in here sometimes. If a sentence is over 40 characters, they are too stupid to comprehend it.
>>
>>272968226
You'll get used to it. I did. Prepare to immerse yourself in a world of psuedo-friendship and some really, really fucked up people. You're gonna make some memories.

Also find a good group to chill with so you can have a base of "sane" people too go back to in case something turns out to be way too much. I had a group of people who were insanely chill and pretty great, and it was great hanging with them and messing around in the game.
>>
> before all the insults come in
A good portion of /v/ goes on Second Life, there's a group with shit tons of people.
They all poseball fuck and shit in furry / shark avatars. I do too
>>
>>272968802
Is it easy to do stupid shit like walk in front of people who are having sex and just start dancing? I noticed I could shake my head on that starting island, I guess that could work as well.

Mainly, I just have no idea how customization works. I can't find a way to change what clothes I'm wearing, only to take off the stuff I already have on.

I'll probably figure it out sometime though.
>>
>>272969716
>Is it easy to do stupid shit like walk in front of people who are having sex and just start dancing?
Yes. You equip the emote or something and then you can use it whenever. I saw someone put on an incredibly low quality avatar and used different emotes to reply to peoples conversations. People were just chatting in the voice chat and then you'd hear some guy reply with "TACO BELL AIN'T GONNA MAKE ANY MONEY OFFA THAT" and shit. It was great.
>>
>>272968226
>expecting 13 year old mmo to be good
If you want to have fun, find a group of people that are there to also be idiots on the e-realm and create a bunch of really dumb animations/objects. The scripting language is pretty easy to pick up, and once you actually get it rolling, you can have the time of your second life.
>>
>>272969915
I'm not expecting it to be good, but I am expecting to have fun watching other people in their daily second lives.

Kinda creepy when I say it like that.
>>
>>272968226
Trolling people in second life or any of the countless other 3d chat room type games is pretty fun.

One time I went to a furry night club and saw some furry faggot with a giant animated penis, at least 10 feet long, writhing around. It was even more funny since I was on second life to write a report for class.
>>
>>272970445

Man, that shit sounds golden. Though that guy sounds like he was probably trolling those around him.

I saw a video of a furry in second life who was riding on this small rocket thing that was shaped like a giant dick. He was just flying around a poker table or something, with no one reacting at all. Funny stuff.
>>
File: facac114ed[1].jpg (74 KB, 636x934) Image search: [Google]
facac114ed[1].jpg
74 KB, 636x934
>>272970102
I think it's more fun to dick around with free animations and self created objects than to laugh at people pretending to fuck each other while body parts clip everywhere.

There's something sublime about riding on a vert ramp and pretending to be playing an incredibly shitty, shovel ware version of THPS while someone in the background is playing Superman over mic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udUCjJphE-0

>tfw you'll never be/have qt umbreon girlfriend
>>
>>272968226
First of google firestorm second life. Don't use the default SL viewer its complete shit.

I only played for 1 year and it was enough. Tons of wierd shit some normal people and some insanely fetishist people.

Have fun OP
>>
File: 5679e79cf6[1].jpg (92 KB, 522x894) Image search: [Google]
5679e79cf6[1].jpg
92 KB, 522x894
>>272970952
Follow-up picture. The place I frequent actually has a fully working arcade where you can win prizes from games.

>>272971323
Firestorm is so much better than the default viewer, yes.
>>
>>272970952
That sounds amazing actually.

Also, as soon as I had moved a slight bit away from the starting island, I saw a guy near a pool of water using the same character model I was. I immediately started pushing him into the water. Some girl came up and asked what I was doing, and I told her I had to kill this clone of me, and told her to help.

She did. We totally submerged him just from walking into him for a while. Then she asked me if I wanted to date her.

I denied and ran away.
>>
>>272970921
>Though that guy sounds like he was probably trolling those around him.
You are probably right. Or maybe it started as a troll but over time the troll started to get more and more real. Before he knew it he couldn't tell the giant penis from his own, the troll became his life. The penis became his life. He became the penis.
>>
File: NorthanKawaiist_001.png (778 KB, 984x655) Image search: [Google]
NorthanKawaiist_001.png
778 KB, 984x655
>>272968226
Man I had fun with the dumb second life shit.
The trick is to find somebody else to teach you how to deal with the shit interface, and to show you at least one horribly laughable place.
>>
>>272971751

Honestly, I think the whole thing is ridiculous enough that you could make your own fun practically anywhere. Until you get booted anyway.
>>
>>272971484
Can this be a thing? Anon's adventures in Second life?
>>
File: 09817e7926[1].jpg (385 KB, 1744x1056) Image search: [Google]
09817e7926[1].jpg
385 KB, 1744x1056
If you go onto SL and want a neat place to explore, go to INSILICO

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/INSILICO/21/132/3602

>>272972632
This. You get out whatever you put in. If you get on just to laugh at people, then you'll probably only get a couple hours of fun. If you try to find/make your own fun, you can do basically whatever you want. Not that laughing at others isn't fun. You'll run into the people that take SL way too seriously anywhere you go. They'll find you.
>>
>>272972838
If only I was comedic enough and had a good enough computer. Until then, we always have Charliezzz

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4lQxN7kTl4&index=14&list=UUrH_7K2seB3TfrX9JA05tbA
>>
>>272973109
I forget the name of that Vinesauce owner character. Something bluesomething.
>>
The place I frequent has a working group YouTube player. Great fun.

>>272973263
I think you mean Ralph Blutawn? (Spelling on the name probably wrong)
>>
>>272973263
ralph bluetawn
>>
File: image.jpg (118 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
118 KB, 640x1136
>meet best friend on second life
>used to do ASR shit for the fun of it because we were like 14 at the time
>find out she's a girl
>become friends outside of second life
>fall in love, have long dr, etc
>this was back in 2009
>fast forward a month ago, she's dying from cancer in her entire body
>she died yesterday

Don't do it OP, you might meet someone who will change your life.
>>
File: 1367315811418.jpg (62 KB, 600x597) Image search: [Google]
1367315811418.jpg
62 KB, 600x597
>>272975806
I'm really sorry to hear that, Anon.
>>
>>272975806
What do you mean by "ASR"

Also RIP in Peace. Sorry to hear.
>>
>ITT: unfunny underage b&s thinking they're as funny as Esteban/Ralph
>>
>>272976053
which posts
>>
>>272976019
It was a based Starwars army

"Army of the sith republic"

Shit was cash and everyone was chill, we would often go in raids against other armies.

http://secondlife.wikia.com/wiki/Army_of_the_Sith_Republic
>>
>>272975806
>>272976258
>>272976258
>>272976258
How tight was she?
>>
>>272968226
Literally the island you start on has stuff to teach you the mechanics of how it works.

Also in regards to the trolling and stuff, unless you're incredibly easily amused by standing next to someone when they tell you to leave don't bother.

Pretty much anything you can do has been done to death and most people are desensitized to it.

As for fucked up people, honestly theres little really funny beyond finding people with particularly bad avs. And even those usually fall into the same stereotypes that it gets dull quick.
>>
>>272976258
Sounds cool.

I like to go gate diving. If you can find somewhere to rez objects, go find yourself a free stargate, dial a random gate, and then go discover places. You can get some really weird things pop up.

Once ended up at an old west styled gay rape cabin.
>>
File: 130380003496.gif (5 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
130380003496.gif
5 KB, 800x600
>>272975806

Man I just lost a good friend recently as well, though in a very different way.

>5 years ago or so.
>Eating sandwiches in TF2 in the spawn room.
>Some guy looks at me, and starts doing the same thing.
>Eventually, everyone is just eating sandwiches, and not playing.
>We become good friends.
>For 5 years, we talk often, and have really detailed and intelligent conversations on steam about all sorts of shit.
>We love each other (Plantonically).
>Find out about half a year ago he tried to kill himself.
>Stay up all night trying to help on online.
>For the next 6 months, things seem OK, but I realise how shitty his family life actually is.
>I occasionally gift him games, but the last one I gifted he said he couldn't accept because of reasons.
>realised only a few days ago he removed me from his steam friends list that only has like, 3 people on it a short while ago.
>Hasn't been online in 3 days.

I have no idea what's going on, and I feel as though he was intending to try and kill himself again, and didn't want to accept my gifts because he knew it would be wasted. Maybe he didn't want me to find out. I have him on skype, and I sent a message, but I never got a reply. I don't know why he didn't remove the other 3 friends on his friends list, but he did mention to me I was the only person who ever cared about him in the way that I did, and he had no one else treat him nicely like I did.

I think he's dead.
>>
>>272976467
That sounds nice. We both quit back in 2011 when we thought SL was dying. I don't think I could muster the emotional strength to log back in.
>>
>>272976598
Did you know any of his family members (or his real name?)

I'm so sorry anon
>>
>>272968226
>But this game makes no fucking sense! The tutorial explains nothing more than how to move, customization is a mess, there's no instruction as to what is what, so you just start out on an island or something and have no idea what to do, or how to find these incredibly fucked up people who actually believe that this stuff should be taken seriously.
>What the fuck am I supposed to do now, apart from kill myself?
ikr its almost like real life
>>
>>272968226
I actually had to make an account for a college class I am taking
It was pretty fucking gay if you ask me
>>
>>272971484
Best be using the Indiana Jones default skin son, gotta look like an adventurer to have the best adventures.
>>
>>272976804
I know his real name. He was very surprised that I did considering he only mentioned it once a long time ago, and I remembered it. I know a fair amount about him. I don't know his family members names, but I know about why they were so fucked up, and what they were like.

His name was Jack. Here is his steam profile. http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197988534415
>>
>>272976598
Internet friends are the best friends. Sorry to hear.
>>
>>272976926
You could search for him through Facebook or Google obituaries in his name?
>>
From what I've heard, read, and watched about Second Life and whatever drama sparked from it, it sounds horrifying yet I'm still quite curious about it, especially its sandbox-like nature.

Namely the avatars, though. They all range in quality and give me the impression that it's not that hard to make an OC donut steel like >>272970952 and >>272971470 That fucking mouth/muzzle looks off I might add

How hard is it to make a decent to good quality avatar? What tools do players use? How easy is it to swap out different clothes for it? Or do most people/furries just commission one from somebody who doesn't suck shit at modelling?

The only friend I had who played the game said he checked out for a few hours and saw many furries everywhere before dropping it. Is there at least an offline/LAN mode I can dick around in myself?
>>
>>272977051

Couldn't find anything sadly. Plus, if he wants to kill himself, even though it makes me sad, I'm not going to stop him. It's his own decision. He's a pretty darn smart guy, and I don't think he's being led by any really stupid reason or whatever.

If it's come to a point like this, where he feels this is his best option, I don't feel it is my right to decide if he should continue living or not.
>>
>>272977356
It's understandable. But even so, I feel like everyone deserves a good goodbye.
>>
>>272977116
>How hard is it to make a decent to good quality avatar?

It varies a bit. There are easy methods like buying a Mesh body/head or avatar which generally does most of the work for you. Or you can make your own shape using the in game sliders. Sliders makes it a bit harder, but you get a bit more control over your look but a lot depends on the skin you're using.

Clothes again depends on what you're using. If you're using the standard body then you can find clothes very easily. However if you modify it with mesh bits like body or whatever, the amount of options you have go down to stuff thats made for it or compatible.

Most people don't commission stuff, but its possible. Pricey, but possible.

No offline mode, but you really don't need to. Theres plenty of places you can go to be alone. The only places that tend to be populated a lot are clubs or RP areas. Stores too on occasion.

As far as furries, it depends on where you go. If you go to a furry club/sim then of course you'll see shitloads of furries. However there are far more places you won't, or you won't see as many.

With all that said, if you want to look decent you'll need to put down a bit of money. The stuff you start with is generally terrible.
>>
File: f90e394aae[1].jpg (30 KB, 514x606) Image search: [Google]
f90e394aae[1].jpg
30 KB, 514x606
>>272970952
me

>>272977116
Yeah, the muzzle is a little weird, but that's about how Umbreons are in the game.

If you want to make a nice avatar, I recommend planning it out a bit in advance. It's really hard to figure out what parts you want on the fly. The avatar body I use is all mesh, so it doesn't work with the great majority of clothes.

Most people just purchase the parts, like you would at a clothes store. There are plenty of free parts you can find around if you want to try to figure out something before you go spending money. Most things cost less than $1, in general. I spent a good amount of time working with my avatar, but it's because I spend a lot of time in SL anyway.

Most things are just add/wear on your avatar. You have a clothing list, that shows everything you have on. It takes a little bit of time to get used to it (it is archaic, considering how old the engine is), but you can save and swap sets on the fly.

I'd say a complete, free avatar won't look amazing, but it'll be passable if you work on it. Maybe 2 hours of work if you're really picky about how things go together.
>>
>>272976926
It's weird how the friends he still has on his account all have a shitton of time without logging in.
>>
>>272977721
So you either buy the mesh to make it easier or use slider-fu to make the stock one not shit? Can you make and import your own with something like 3DS Max or Blender?

>>272977807
>Yeah, the muzzle is a little weird, but that's about how Umbreons are in the game.

I still think yours look a little like a beaver, chipmunk, or something like them though. Maybe it's both the teeth and the eyes?

So how do the clothes work exactly? The modeller shapes them around one mesh while it looks off if they're used with another? What if you edit the mesh it requires, will it still fit the head/body form finely?

On a lesser note, is Second Life better than something like PK/Sexlab for TES?
>>
>>272977970

Yeah, strange how he removed me, but not them.

As I said, I think it's because he told me that I was the only person who treated him well and cared about him at that time. He probably didn't want to make me feel upset by telling me anything. Heck, he probably took me off because he knew I would never delete him off my friends list, even if he did kill himself. He didn't want to be a waste of space.

Even in his last moments, he was probably thinking of me.

I could totally be wrong, but I know this guy quite well.
>>
>>272978861
>So you either buy the mesh to make it easier or use slider-fu to make the stock one not shit?

Pretty much. But when using the default, you need a good skin. No matter how good you are, a shitty skin will still make you look like shit.

>Can you make and import your own with something like 3DS Max or Blender?

You can, yes. In fact if you can make stuff in blender, Maya or Max you can import anything and use it. But you need to also rig it to your skeleton before it'd move with you.

I'd recommend testing on the beta grid before you upload to the live one. Also, you need an account with I believe a credit card on file and it costs money to upload.

Bright side though is if you make good stuff you can turn around and sell it as well.
>>
File: psssh nothing personnel.png (255 KB, 1760x1147) Image search: [Google]
psssh nothing personnel.png
255 KB, 1760x1147
>>272978861
My entire body is mesh, so any clothes I wear have to be specifically for the mesh or be big enough to not clip through specific parts of it (usually the hips). Most normal clothes are built, can move with, and can be shaped by the default avatar shape. If you want to play a human, then you're fine with most of the stuff without much work.

Second Life also has a lot of options for sexy things, obviously. Scripted dongs, and the like. Pretty much anything, as you can import custom animations/models you can make in 3D software.
>>
>>272977116
Well, you could always check out the marketplace, there is a lot of junk and demos, but sometimes you can find stuff for free or 1L$(the in-game currency).

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/products/search?utf8=%E2%9C%93&search[layout]=gallery&search[category_id]=&search[sort]=&search[per_page]=12&search[keywords]=&search[price_low]=0&search[price_high]=0&search[prim_count_low]=&search[prim_count_high]=&search[copy_permission]=0&search[modify_permission]=0&search[transfer_permission]=0

Sorry for the long URL, I also suggest ticking the copy and modify boxes in case you find something you want to change.
>>
>>272979071
Aw, man. He sounds like he was a nice guy. I hope you at the very least get some closure on the issue, Anon. Here's a cyber hug for you.
>>
How do I play Second Life with /v/ and fuck around?
>>
>>272978861
>So how do the clothes work exactly?

Theres two types of clothes in SL. There is Mesh clothes which are models worn over your body, and texture clothes, which are applied to your body or a layer on it.

>The modeller shapes them around one mesh while it looks off if they're used with another?

Pretty much this is how mesh clothes work. They're usually designed for one body/body type and won't work for others.

>What if you edit the mesh it requires, will it still fit the head/body form finely?

You can not edit the mesh to fit a different body than it was made to fit unless you somehow had access to the files for the model out of the game and rerigged/modeled it to fit a different one.

In regards to your spoiler, not sure what exactly you mean when you ask that. You'd needa go into a little more detail.
>>
>>272979568
>wanting to play Second Life with /v/
Unless you like the idea of being surrounded by shark tits and plane tits you'd better forget about it
>>
File: deadlyprem7feb6002.jpg (104 KB, 600x339) Image search: [Google]
deadlyprem7feb6002.jpg
104 KB, 600x339
>>272979405

Thanks man. Hopefully he's not actually dead, and just decided to live like a monk in the mountains or something.

But it's unlikely.
>>
File: image.jpg (181 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
181 KB, 800x800
Didn't know anyone else on /v/ played Second Life. If anyone wants to erp with a petite qt elf femboy, post your name and I'll friend you!
>>
File: FrancisYorkMorgan2.jpg (11 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
FrancisYorkMorgan2.jpg
11 KB, 300x300
>>272979680
I do.
>>
>>272979680
where do i sign up
>>
>>272979325
>>272979347
>>272979378
Alright, thanks anons

>>272979583
>They're usually designed for one body/body type and won't work for others.

So it's like how body mods work in Oblivion/Skyrim?

Spoiler was just regarding lewds in general, in case if I ever want to make something really specific to fap to.
>>
>>272979995
Well, you can try the parts for other bodies on (if they're a mesh.), but you'll almost definitely have to resize/reshape a bit, if they'll fit at all.
>>
>>272979862
http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Stern%20Island/133/133/46
Have fun.

>>272979950
https://join.secondlife.com/
>>
File: planes_001brighter.png (1 MB, 1300x725) Image search: [Google]
planes_001brighter.png
1 MB, 1300x725
>>272979680
Did somebody say plane tits?
>>
>>272968226

SL works pretty good as a furry porn sim, beyond that I have no idea what the purpose of this "game" is supposed to be
>>
>>272979781
>tfw qtpi femboy anthro husky
>>
>>272979995
Sorta yes. Like theres a very popular anime body out there a lot of people use. Clothes for it tend to be mesh and won't fit anything else.

With the default body MOST clothes will fit it unless they're specifically designed for a particular body type.

There are also texture clothes which, depending on the creator of the body/body part can be applied to said body for clothes.

In regards to Lewds, the sky is the limit, my friend. SL is basically a haven for that sort of thing. Even moreso if you can make your own stuff.

Also a lot of stuff tends to have demos so you can try them on before you buy them. Its generally recommended you do that before you buy any mesh clothes or skins.
>>
>>272980206
Me
I did
>>
>>272980286
Literally the most furry stuff you see comes from here. The vast majority of SL tends to not be furry.

As for purpose, there is none. Its not any more of a game than 4chan itself is. Its essentially a chatroom with a visual aspect. You can create, script, buy and sell shit. Most people tend to just hang out and explore/find fun things to do.
>>
>>272980458
>Literally the most furry stuff you see comes from here.
Go to any adult sim and there's a 75% chance you'll run into a furry.
>>
Advice:

-If you give Linden Labs a penny you are a virus, scam for space bucks it is easy to do. I recommend rigged gambling machines but find your own method.

-Use a client that obfuscates your hardware information, Google around there are tons.

-Don't wait around for Shooped life it won't be coming out in the near future if at all Sovot is a lazy nignog the PN retired in 2012 we just play random videya for fun now.

-Best people to piss off are furfaggots, or any subset of autism, they take the game way to seriously.

- Learn LSL, the code is so exploitable and you can have fun with it.

Have fun griff some shit.
>>
>>272980728
A furry maybe, but the majority of the sim won't be.
>>
>>272980124
>>272980313
Guess I'll give SL a spin sometime later when I can be bothered, will check out Firestorm like what >>272971323 said too. Can I make scripted or interactive things too like in Gmod?
>>
>>272980993
Yes! You can do all the editing in the game. The language is LSL. It's fairly easy to find precanned scripts to use.
>>
>>272980993
The scripting system is pretty weird, but yes you can make a lot of stuff thats intractable. You can also make and upload animations and textures as well as models. There are some limitations to scripting however, but I couldn't list them off the top of my head.
>>
I started playing a little recently because a girl I met online plays it. She quickly showed me to all the sex shit and we started fucking a lot in game. Kinda OK. Not good for anything else at all.
>>
>>272981280
>fucking a girl in second life but not first life
>>
>>272981368
Such is first life.
>>
>>272981136
I can list a limitation that pretty annoying. Your script can't directly access a notecard as if it were say, a .dat file or something. You need to do a dataserver transfer since the data within the notecard is stored on the asset server. It makes writing simple scripts such as an llSay message that reads from a notecard incredibly tedious.

Also you can't even write to notecards. What the hell, LL.
>>
>>272968226
One day this thread will be mine
>>
There's a thread on /vg/
>>
File: 1415158112098.jpg (31 KB, 403x422) Image search: [Google]
1415158112098.jpg
31 KB, 403x422
>>272981280
U wot. Fix your life son.
>>
>>272981669

>>86996689
In case you're too lazy to look for it.
>>
>>272981280
that's pathetic
>>
>>272981791
I fucked up

>>>/vg/86996689

Just have this because i'm too much of a newfag.
>>
File: Beebs.jpg (201 KB, 1920x1028) Image search: [Google]
Beebs.jpg
201 KB, 1920x1028
The world itself is a fucking acid trip. You can find abandoned buildings filled with random shit, stores that no one go to and empty cities.

One time I went to a bookmark I had about 5 years ago. It was for a clothing store. I went to it recently and it was someones house. Had pictures of lions and other plains animals. Very nice and cozy.
THEN YOU GO UPSTAIRS.
A huge fucking mural of lions and other plains animals having a furry centipede of anal sex.

My sides were no where to be found.
>>
File: help me.png (1 MB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
help me.png
1 MB, 1366x768
How do I wear clothes?
I made an account for this like 2 years ago but never played it since I was on a shitty internet connection. I have better internet now but now that I'm trying to get into it I have no fucking idea what I'm doing.
>>
>>272981640
Esteban get out of here.
>>
>>272981939
I almost miss being this new to the game. I've become so jaded over the years.

Basically SL is like the internet in that you can find crazy and weird shit anywhere. This kinda stuff is like someone flipping their shit over learning about /d/ for the first time or something.
>>
>>272982045

Depends if it's on the base avatar (clothing layer) or a more advanced clothing piece, which is just an object

Clothing -> Right click -> Wear (replaces thing currently worn in that space)
Clothing(Object) -> Right click -> Attach (or add)
>>
File: 1410660888827.jpg (67 KB, 579x960) Image search: [Google]
1410660888827.jpg
67 KB, 579x960
>>272968226
>creating a profile when you don't want to RP
>"I actually have a relatively decent social life"

You're a moran.
>>
can i play without making an account
>>
File: oh sl_002.png (1 MB, 1300x725) Image search: [Google]
oh sl_002.png
1 MB, 1300x725
>>272982045
>go to this sim to find you and help out
>find half invisible man with dog sheath poking out

Oh SL, never change.
>>
>>272973017
>implying anyone goes to INSILICO

I just wish there was some actually decent, populated fantasy and sci-fi sims. Except all sci-fi are just empty, and the only busy fantasy one is full of furries.
>>
>>272982269
Probably, but I'm a "moran" who has fun in life.
>>
>>272976926
LET'S ALL ADD HIM
AND
SEND
HAPPY MESSAGES
>>
>>272968553
You're a douche and you're probably going to jack it to some furries
>>
>>272976926
>Last played on 22 nov
That's yesterday. He's fake offline.
>>
>>272982528
What location are you in?
>>
>>272982604
The big problem is two folds. One, that there is very very few places that make Scifi anything. Very little clothes that isn't ripped from someplace else and very few decorations/set pieces that aren't over priced.

As such you generally don't get many people willing to invest into looks or sims. Its hard to make stuff look good without making the whole damn thing custom unfortunately.
>>
>>272982663
So do I, yet I still enjoy SL. Stop stereotyping people whilst you're on 4chan you contradictory fuckwad. I love how you're insulting RPers who apparently have no life whilst you're bothering to waste all this time and effort just to "troll".
>>
>>272968226
How come nobody has made a modern Second Life yet
I mean eventually it's going to happen and it's gonna be the new social media thing and we'll all hang out together in our virtual 4chan clubhouse to sling shit at each other
>>
>>272982269
YOU SEE NIKOLAI
WHEN LOAD ROCKET LIKE THEES.
IT WILL FLY TO BEHIND OF YOU TO SURPRISE ENEMY WHO THINK HE IS BEING THE SNEAKING.
>>
>>272982743
Holy shit, so he's not dead.

Well, then I have no idea what's going on.
>>
>>272982764
The one you were just at. Come join the fun.
>>
I read about this game in wired magazine a fucking long time ago, maybe 6-7 years ago. It sounded cool but I didn't have a computer of my own, so I never tried it. I guess I turned out better for it, but here I am on 4chan.
>>
>>272982853
Re add him if you haven't already
>>
>>272982787
Not really, you can get a decent cyberpunk look going with the amount of grunge/urban buildings and shit there is, and there is actually a metric shitload of sci-fi clothes and gear.
>>
>>272982898
"Error adding friend. Please try again."

Did he block me or something? I'm so confused. I have 5 years of awesome history with this guy. We never had any problems together. Something strange is going on here.
>>
Asks the autists over here

>>>/vg/86996689
>>
>>272968226
Second Life is a failed virtual world. At one time there were virtual real estate tycoons, famous people giving virtual lectures, an economy with banks and real money casinos and of course furfags everywhere. Once the normal people figured out it was just a bad video game, the whole thing became unprofitable and the only people left are hardcore crazies and furfags.

To play the game you either explore weird abandoned structures or go roleplay with the furries.
>>
Does sl have combat?
>>
>>272983160
Some things allow it. I know I've abused weaponry and vehicles plenty of times around people to piss them off.
>>
>>272982831
Because SL is constantly updating, and is always "modern"? Stop talking shit mate, you have no idea what you're trying to say.
>>
>>272982973
Grunge and urban buildings wouldn't be scifi. I mean you could try to make some sorta blade runner type thing, but I'm talking hard scifi. There isn't really a whole lot. The majority that is out there that you will find tends to be stolen stuff from games like Mass Effect.
>>
>>272983085
If it's within a day of removal, automatic error. If after, blocked.
>>
This is always how it starts. For you make an account so you can be a le epic griefer and make fun of retards on Second Life. The next thing you know you're making $50 USD a week findomming some babyfur with a scat fetish.
>>
Guys Im sorry but Im too fucking lazy to install SL right now. Have fun yiffing in hell.
>>
>>272983281
This is a lie, updates mean nothing on SL. SL is still the same subhuman infested hole it always was, the only fun you can get from it is pissing off faggorts.
>>
>>272983321
I just goof off with a friend with gestures and things. Too bad his internet is shit at his school. I miss doing random shit and laughing our asses off in the middle of the night.
>>
>>272982826
Let me clarify myself here a little. I don't actually mind roleplayers. But there are people who take it a little too far sometimes and take everything incredibly seriously. Far be it from me to judge what you do in an online video game, but if you actually become furious at someone because they walked into your virtual house, and spend the next few days being angry about it, I think it's probably fair to say your social life must be pretty darn awful that you need to attach so much significance to this sort of thing. Which is fine in some situations, but not in others.

Honestly, the main reason I even said what I said like that was because the last time I talked about a game with roleplay elements on here, all I got was 30 comments calling me and autistic fuck lord, so I just wanted to get that out of the way this time.
>>
>>272982831
I think the next virtual world is going to be on Oculus Rift and it'll be an unholy fusion of Facebook and Second Life with furry roleplayers everywhere.
>>
>>272982831
They have . It's called High Fidelity. And no one wants to make a new Second Life because anyone who wants to play a game like Second Life is playing Second Life already and most of them have thrown literally hundreds if not thousands of dollars into their virtual shit and they're not going to abandon all that stuff just to be a poorfag with nothing in their inventory in some new game.
>>
>>272983306
>Grunge and urban buildings wouldn't be scifi. I mean you could try to make some sorta blade runner type thing
That's why I specified "cyberpunk", or do you not know what that is?
>stolen stuff from games like Mass Effect
You haven't searched that much have you? There's whole ranges of hard sci-fi clothing that looks nothing like ME. Clothing isn't an issue, buildings slightly are but like I said you can make cyberpunk easily enough using modern buildings.
>>
>>272982831
Linden Lab, the creators of Second Life are making a more modern version.

However, the reason is simply that no other place is going to have the sheer volume that SL has now. For an analogy, its like asking why noone has made a MMO with as much content as say WoW does when WoW has simply been out longer.

SL has that same problem cept far bigger. The community creates stuff, which in turn adds more variety for people to choose from. On top of that people have invested a lot into the game. Switching over to a new game to start over from scratch and have less to choose from is just kinda dumb. The new game would need to offer stuff over what SL does and would need to be vastly better. Even then it still stand a chance of failing.
>>
>>272983470
>mesh isn't a thing
>SL doesn't look 100 times better than from when it started

Well ok bud.
>>
>>272968226
>a shitty game for autists is also a really half-assed game
WHO KNEW?????????????
>>
>>272983509
>if you actually become furious at someone because they walked into your virtual house
I take it you've watched the Esteban Winsmore videos
>>
>>272983571
Cept the original post was about Scifi. Please keep up.

And I have searched, hell I'm friends with the majority of the people who make some of the best stuff out there. I happen to love Scifi and search for it every so often, but theres very few stores that sell that to any degree of quality.
>>
>>272983321
This is a bit of an exaggeration, but that's the gist of it
>>
>>272983509
>all those assumptions and fallacies
>listening to shitposters

You smell so new, holy fuck. Lurk moar faggot, learn to sift out shitposting and ignore it.
>>
>>272983653
The only improvements are the removal of the Last names and some of the lindens, it still looks god awful and still has a subhuman problem.
>>
>>272983725
HELL YEAH MOTHERFUCKER!
>>
>>272983726
Cyberpunk is sci-fi you dense motherfucker.
>>
>>272983818
You aren't very bright are you? I'm going to assume you're not the same poster, since noone can be this stupid. Read the post chain.
>>
>>272983761
>I've never played SL

Mmhmm. Yeah man mesh doesn't look any better than default objects and clothes.
>>
how do I change the firestorm controls?
>>
>>272979781
No takers?
;_;
>>
File: tbwat.png (113 KB, 195x221) Image search: [Google]
tbwat.png
113 KB, 195x221
>>272983818
really mate?
>>
File: 1416711350634.jpg (176 KB, 680x750) Image search: [Google]
1416711350634.jpg
176 KB, 680x750
>tfw no more /pol/ Keneva or SL severs
>>
>>272983509
Lot of assumptions here. But lemme point out that people pay for those houses and the stuff in the houses. While they should have the ability to ban/eject anyone who comes in uninvited, getting annoyed someone won't leave isn't surprising.

If you can't wrap your head around why, try thinking of it in more concrete terms. Imagine someone goes up to your private residence and refuses to leave. I'm sure you'd get annoyed at that too. It doesn't really matter if its digital or not since you're paying for it for your privacy.
>>
>>272983920
Mesh looks no better then it did before the removal of last names and there have been next to no advancements, screenshots of these "improved meshes" in this thread clearly show that.
>>
>>272983321
I could never get into financial domination. I just whore myself out to retarded Brazilians, collect my money in advance and hop on a poseball and throw in an mmm and a yeeah every 5 minutes. I've been doing this shit for years and I haven't had a single complaint.
>>
>>272983903
>you can't do sci-fi
>you can do cyberpunk (a sub-branch of sci-fi)
>nuh-uh I was talking about sci-fi
>yes, you can do cyberpunk
>nuhh I was talking about sci-fi
>cyberpunk is sci-fi
>you're dumb lol

I don't know what to tell you. You can do sci-fi sims easily, as cyberpunk. Cyberpunk is a style of sci-fi, which is an incredibly broad term.
>>
>>272984001
If you want to use WASD to move, go into Avatar->Preferences

There should be a "Always use WASD to walk" option in the general tab.
>>
>>272984198
I want to know how to jump, go into first-person, mouse camera control, etc.
>>
>>272984075
>science fiction
>futuristic, scientific fiction
>implying cyberpunk doesn't fall under that

Sci-fi is an incredibly broad genre mate, with a ton of subgenres. One of which is cyberpunk...
>>
>>272979781
qt 3.14 elf femboys are a diamond dozen. I should know. I am one.
>>
File: [screams internally].png (323 KB, 624x957) Image search: [Google]
[screams internally].png
323 KB, 624x957
>>272983527
>Find furry orgyfest
>Game instantly takes a snapshot and shares it on Facebook
>You don't realize it until you get a sarcastic notification from somebody in your family
>>
>>272984297
Except I'm far qter than 99% of them
>>
>>272984180
Hard Scifi, as I said, since you're not capable of reading. Meaning more futuristic looking stuff, not just a modern building thats a little grungy. Lemme guess, by scifi clothes you're also thinking just a bit of tattered and dirty jeans and trench coats as well?
>>
File: 1415108610474.jpg (30 KB, 316x321) Image search: [Google]
1415108610474.jpg
30 KB, 316x321
>>272975806
>tfw you also met your best friend online through Runescape
>tfw he jumped out of the third story window at his school when I was a senior in High School

That shit fucked me up so hard, I'm surprised I managed to make it through that semester.
>>
>>272981368
>>272981760
>>272981875
>having sexual interactions with girls online
>pathetic
oh /v/ never change
>>
>>272984339
Did you actually connect to this shit with facebook? lol.
>>
>>272984357
You're not qter than me, son. Nobody is qter than me.
>>
>>272984251
F to fly, c and e move you up and down. c or pgdwn to crouch. E also jumps. You can go into first person using mouse wheel. If you want to anchor your camera around a point, hold ctrl+alt+click and drag.
>>
>>272984432
No, read the quote chain
>>
>>272983527
>go into FaceSim
>rich jocks have Zyzz-like superhuman avatars
>you run around as a poorfag scrawny nerd
Just like in my real life
>>
>>272984430
>online
that's why it's pathetic you fucking autist
do it in real life, not some cyber beta shit
>>
>>272984436
Prove it! Let's be friends. Wuts your name?
>>
>>272984562
Or we could just post screenshots. You first.
>>
>>272984132

I understand that perfectly well, but at the same time, it honestly should be expected if there is nothing preventing people from just walking in. In real life, there are massive re-precautions for that sort of thing. In second life, what's the worst that will happen? Some guys walks into your room, he gets kicked, and that's it. It probably means nothing to the person who walked into your room at all, while who ever owned the house would be angry.

When the punishment is so inconsequential, or if there is no real punishment, people are going to do stuff that others don't like. In real life, people can't do that shit because they'd be sent to jail in a heartbeat. But in game, it means nothing to them. It's just something you sort of have to accept will happen when playing.
>>
>>272984368
>Hard Scifi, as I said
You mentioned the term once I believe, you didn't specify hard sci-fi at the start at all.

And no, I mean all of the ranges that do the techy suits with neons and shit, and the few ranges that go for a sci-fi/spec ops kind of mix focusing on combat armours and helmets. Plus then there's the ranges that do robot/android stuff...
>>
>>272983541
>High Fidelty

This thing is still in alpha, what does it currently have that SL doesn't? Better optimization?
>>
Are there no resolution/fullscreen options?
>>
>>272984605
Or we could just meet at Beast Forest.
>>
>>272984779
Resize the window for resolution.

Fullscreen is in Avatar->Preferences->Graphics
>>
>>272984679
Yes, I mentioned it after you said Cyberpunk, since you didn't mention that at the start either and I was using it as a quantifier to explain what I meant by not much scifi stuff.

When I say this, I mean theres little in way of high quality items which are uniquely science fiction. Things like Space ships and power armor for example.

A few android stuff and robots are a bit more common admittedly.

Of the scifi stuff, off the top of my head I can think of the majority being stolen from Mass effect, some Star Wars and even a little bit of WarHammer, and then a few stores that put out some quality original stuff.

Clothing lines are a bit uncommon in general.
>>
>>272984620
It's a boundary issue. If someone walks into your house or just starts repeatedly pushing you around, even if doesn't affect you in real life in anyway, it's the idea that someone is going out of their way to try to piss you off. It's like if one of your friends goes to your house and steals a penny from your change jar every single time. It's a penny, it means nothing and it shouldn't piss you off, but if he does it knowing it might piss you off, the it'll piss you off. Not because he's taking your precious pennies, but because he's being a faggot.
>>
>>272984620
Common curtsey is generally one. While you say theres massive precausions, think of it like leaving your door unlocked and someone just walks in and refuses to leave.

And as for whats the worse that can happen? Depending on the land parcel and permissions they can spawn things and just generally harass the people who own the property. Especially if they're there for privacy and have someone they don't want sticking around.

And in game they can still be reported for harassment and banned for that sort of behavior. Thats kinda like saying theres no punishment for cheating, cause at worst you'll get banned from a game/place.
>>
>>272985129
There are ways you can crash parcels. But you need to be a major dick for that.
>>
File: Kcj7opncq.png (186 KB, 936x590) Image search: [Google]
Kcj7opncq.png
186 KB, 936x590
>Go into this thread to see someone get shit on for using second life
>See people talk about people they met online dying irl
>Start to remember a girl I met in WoW that loved me who killed herself because she thought I was dead

God damn I fucking hate you guys.
>>
>>272984920

I dont see any fullscreen options in graphics.
>>
>>272985189
I was alluding to that, but yes thats one of the ways you can harass an owner. Or spawn spammy things or just generally be an annoying unoriginal dick.
>>
File: Snapshot_023.png (1 MB, 1600x838) Image search: [Google]
Snapshot_023.png
1 MB, 1600x838
It's fun randomly exploring places

the /d/ house is chill too
>>
>>272984829
Can't. 2shy. Last time I met someone from /v/ it was a really cute boy that actually sat down next to me because he recognized the sim I was posting screenshots from. I spaghetti'd so hard I could barely talk to him.
>>
>I am installing Second Life at 12:30am because of /v/.
>>
>>272985351
is that a girl or a boy
>>
>>272985545
yes
>>
>>272985378
Shame. Well I'll be here for a while if you wanna stop by and chat. I promise I'm not intimidating!
>>
File: Snapshot_034.png (2 MB, 1600x838) Image search: [Google]
Snapshot_034.png
2 MB, 1600x838
>>272985545
Boy. Traps are cute.
>>
>>272985030
Well, for something like your example, I could easily stop being friends with the guy for one, or I could even possibly set up a video camera or something and report him for theft. Sure, it's a fucking penny, but I could still do it. Whoever this "friend" is who is doing it, is facing a potentially high risk over something ridiculously trivial. In second life, there's no real risk of much at all.

>>272985129
If you leave your door unlocked and someone comes in, to a degree I feel that's pretty fucking stupid of you. I mean, sure, it's your stuff by law, but what does that other guy care? If you get evidence you can still get him arrested, so the risk is still there for him. A pretty fucking huge risk of being put in jail and being shanked to death and raped.

In regards to the worst people can do, yeah, fair point. If they can spawn stuff and ruin your crib, that would be damn annoying. But couldn't you get rid of it, or take actions to prevent that from happening?
>>
File: 166b4f54d7[1].png (7 KB, 256x130) Image search: [Google]
166b4f54d7[1].png
7 KB, 256x130
>>272985545
>/d/

>>272985319
should be in the top left.
>>
>>272985351
Where is the /d/ house? I wanna hang there!
>>
Ok /v/ how the fuck do I find you?
>>
File: Snapshot_043.png (627 KB, 1020x700) Image search: [Google]
Snapshot_043.png
627 KB, 1020x700
>>272985749
I don't exactly remember, I'd have to get on and get the coordinates for you, but I don't know if they'd appreciate a random dump in a /v/ thread. You could ask in /slg/ on /vg/ too.

It's filled with monster girls of all kinds.
>>
File: ascii soldier.png (28 KB, 728x757) Image search: [Google]
ascii soldier.png
28 KB, 728x757
>>272985471

I regret nothing personally.
>>
>>272985471
Same
I went to that sci-fi place linked, then tried to find people, found no-one, and then closed the game, never to play it again
>>
>>272985674
You can do that, but that also assumes you have control to do so. Only the property owner generally can, and if they're not on they're shit out of luck.

Also banning everyone from coming into your parcel means you have to have an allowed list which can be annoying to manage.

Theres also the fact that frankly? Most of these people who get upset don't really know how to do most of this crap. They're basically the most casual of casual and know only as much as they need to play.

And my point is more theres annoying shit people can do even in RL that doesn't necessarily mean anything will happen punishment wise. I mean for example, someone won't get thrown into jail with rapists and murderers for just intruding on someone's property.
>>
File: Snapshot_101.png (415 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
Snapshot_101.png
415 KB, 800x600
>>272985641
Maybe in another life.
>>
File: 1407087889153.png (275 KB, 462x504) Image search: [Google]
1407087889153.png
275 KB, 462x504
>>272986227
>>
File: Lich on Vacation_001.png (2 MB, 1920x1028) Image search: [Google]
Lich on Vacation_001.png
2 MB, 1920x1028
I don't even do shit in SL anymore, but I always digged my avatar that's pretty much a hodgepodge of free avatars.
>>
>>272986074

Come on man, don't give up so easily! You just need to make your own fun.
>>
>>272985674
To go through the trouble of setting up cameras or reporting him or even stopping being friends with him means that his actions bothered you enough to do something about it. Which means he succeeded in pissing you off. Which is the exact thing that happens when someone on Second Life succeeds in trolling people. Whether or not there's any 'risk' for the troll is irrelevant. If you want to justify trolling people in SL because it's so inconsequential then you should be perfectly fine if someone in real life putting his fingers an inch away from your eyes and screaming I'm not touching you to your face.
>>
>>272986775
Censor that shit nigga.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2012-04-12-16h31m48s200.png (664 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2012-04-12-16h31m48s200.png
664 KB, 1280x720
>>272986775
>Dat monacle
>>
>>272986910
Thats pretty much what trolling is in SL and why it amazes me how people want to do it. Its basically being one of those immature annoying fucks and giggling at your own jokes.

If you're going to do something, do something that people would genuinely find creative or funny. Rehashing the same stupid and annoying things isn't funny. It'd be like going somewhere and making loud and annoying noises until you're forced to leave and giggling like an idiot cause you really showed them.
>>
>>272986910
I don't think we are on the same page here. When you talked about my friend stealing pennies from me, I told you the things I could do to get back at him. That is, not being friends with him any more. So what if he pissed you off? Now you're no longer friends. If he was willing to end your friendship over a couple of pennies, you meant nothing to him anyway. From then on, if he follows you around or goes into your house, you can easily get the police involved and fuck his life up.

No such thing in second life. At least not to that degree.
>>
>>272986775
Jesus anon, you nearly spooked me there for a second.

These lizards/dragons seem pretty chill though
>>
>>272987263
Reporting people for harassment and trolling can get them banned. Generally trolls are the type of people who don't care if they get banned, but it inconveniences them all the same.

I also don't mean banned from the parcel, I mean banned from the game entirely.
>>
Meet up anyone?
>>
>>272987479
Gimme the place and I'll be there.
As soon as I finish this erp with a minotaur...
>>
>>272986910

Even for that fingers close to face and screaming thing, I think you underestimate how easy it would be to get police involved for that sort of thing.

If they were following you around, that's pretty much some form of stalking. If they were screaming, it could damage your ears. There's also such a thing as personal space, which is taken far more seriously in real life than it is in any game.

A game though, you can just switch off, or move somewhere else. There are usually things you can do to get this person away, but the game isn't reality. Often, the person is perfectly allowed to do these things. In that case, they are not really doing anything wrong, nor anything that they can get in trouble for.
>>
>>272987263
Just because you have to accept the fact that people might be an asshole to you and there's nothing you can do about it doesn't mean you're not going to be upset when they act like an asshole to you. It's human nature to be upset at this sort of thing.
>>
>>272987589
I seriously doubt the police are going to do much in regards to that. You're drastically over estimating what the police would bother with.

Seriously, go call up the police saying that some guy is annoying you and see how fast they show up.

Also, thats pretty much the same as calling in a GM to handle the problem.
>>
>tfw you want to post screenshots
>tfw all your screenshots are of you doing lewd things in varying levels of undress
Sadly this is a Christian image board.
>>
>>272987410

Sure, it may be an inconvenience to some of them, but most trolls never intended to play the game properly anyway. They agreed to the rules, then broke them, and got banned. It's like if someone hated ice cream, so they go to an ice cream shop that says they can't talk shit about ice cream while they are in the shop, or they will not be permitted in the shop again. The person agrees, then starts talking shit about the ice cream shop. He gets kicked out, but hey, now he's back to his ordinary position again. He's not been put in jail or whatever. And he had fun I guess.
>>
File: system specs.png (34 KB, 642x379) Image search: [Google]
system specs.png
34 KB, 642x379
My computer is too shi
>>
>>272987859
Just run it on low setting nigga. My shitty toaster from 2001 could run SL in the lowest setting.
>>
File: Cig_001.png (1 MB, 1404x847) Image search: [Google]
Cig_001.png
1 MB, 1404x847
>>272987279
They're Kobolds. Used as decoration. Click on them some text might pop up, but that's about it.

Sorry for spooking
>>
>>272987995
I remember meeting a skeleton guy from /v/ in a suit and tophat and monocle. Surely this couldn't have been you?
>>
>>272987652
Not arguing that, but people just take it way to far considering the circumstances sometimes.

>>272987798
You can easily say that this guy is following you, you have no idea of his intentions, he's acting in a dangerous mentally unstable manner, he is causing a disturbance around the area, and that he could be very dangerous.

All of this is true. Any one who actually does that in real life probably is mentally unstable, you don't know what he's going to do, and he is causing a disturbance.

Hell, police always get called to places JUST from a disturbance. All of that other stuff on top makes it an even higher priority.
>>
>>272987842
Theres still consequences though, even if they don't care for them and you seem to be admitting that. Your original stance was they were none and so they could do whatever they want.

Theres a difference between not caring about what will happen and there not being any. If they don't care, it doesn't matter what the punishment is.
>>
File: Jeezeus.jpg (325 KB, 1920x1028) Image search: [Google]
Jeezeus.jpg
325 KB, 1920x1028
>>272988078
No. It's not me. Never had a Tophat. Just a hood and a pirate hat.

I think this guy might be from /v/ though.
>>
where the fuck are you guys?
>>
>>272988080
Then what is your point? That people get annoyed when people act annoying?
>>
>>272988080
The only people that take it way too far are the victims of seasoned griefers who make it their mission to also take it way too far. Most of the videos you see on youtube are made by people who know exactly what they're doing to get under someone's skin. I can stand in a sim with the mario moshpit shit on and the most I'd get is a few "pls someone ban him."
>>
>>272988331
I'm usually at Grendel's Children. Lots of nice fantasy medieval stuff there. But I'm not there right now.
>>
>>272988102
Well, people know exactly what's going to happen to them based on their activities. A criminal in real life tries to cover this up so they don't get any consequences. Meanwhile, a troll in second life tries to get as much recognition as possible. I don't really seem them getting banned as much of a consequence to them, since as soon as they started trolling, it would have been evident that was going to happen to them. If anything, it would be like a mark of achievement.

I mean, if you wanted to go to jail, so you went out and punched a police officer, the idea of jail being a negative consequence or not depends on if you wanted that to happen.

You're right in the fact that what happens in second life is still a consequence, but that can be applied to pretty much anything at all. Good or bad. I'm more talking about negative consequences here.
>>
>>272968553
You sound like a fag and your shits all retarded
>>
>>272987993
I already am. Extreme lag.
>>
>>272988412
There is no negative consequence if the person doesn't care is my point. There IS negative consequences, its just a troll doesn't care.

Just like someone who steals knows theres a consequence for them to get caught, but does it anyways cause they don't care. Covering it up or not really doesn't matter.
>>
>>272988486
Drop your draw distance. It's the best way to reduce lag. How many fps are you getting?
>>
>>272988550

I disagree. If they are covering up them doing a crime, they obviously care about being caught or not. They care a lot, otherwise they would not be going to that effort to cover it up. They just have other reasons that outnumber the negative consequences for doing what they do.

But you're right that, if the person doesn't care, it can't really be considered a negative consequence, at least not to them.
>>
File: Snapshot_115.png (455 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
Snapshot_115.png
455 KB, 800x600
>mfw my SL senpai notices me
>>
>>272988751
The fact that they're doing the crime alone means they don't care about the consequences otherwise they wouldn't be doing it at all.
>>
Meet-up where when
>>
>>272989025
will there be erp
>>
File: the lag.png (974 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
the lag.png
974 KB, 1366x768
>>272988614
But my draw distance is already near minimal.
And I don't know how to find out what my FPS is.
>>
omg people are playing my second life

GET THE FUCK OUT MY SL FAGGOTS
>>
>>272988890

Now that's just silly. People that gamble know full well of the consequences. They don't want to lose money. But they still gamble because the pay off that could happen would make them very happy.

People that rob houses don't want to get arrested. They try to cover up the evidence to avoid this. But sometimes, people just need the money. Some people in third world countries have families that need to be fed, small children that are starting. Of course they care that if they get caught, their hands will get cut off, and their kids will probably die. But the steal anyway because they have almost no other choice.
>>
>>272989351
Those are very specific instances. I could give my own. People know if they murder, they'll go to jail and could be killed themselves. Yet they do it anyways.

People can be wealthy/well off and still lie cheat and steal. Not because they even want the things, but because they can.

They don't want to go to jail sure, but at the end of the day the consequences don't matter to them because they do it anyways.

Knowing the consequences isn't the same thing as caring about them.
>>
File: Snapshot_066.png (2 MB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
Snapshot_066.png
2 MB, 1600x1200
>>272989025
Never.

>>272989128
ctrl+shift+1 Anything above 15 fps is normal by SL standards of shitty lag. It's when it drops down to the single digits that you know you're fucked. Also fuck the official viewer, download Singularity or Firestorm instead.
>>
>>272989590

I don't really feel that way. I feel that, if I care about the possibility that my hands could be cut off or whatever, and yet I still do the crime, it doesn't mean I suddenly don't care that my hands could be chopped off at any time.

When people commit a robbery or crime or whatever, so many of them start shitting bricks as soon as they do it, because they are super worried about possibly getting caught. A ton of them turns themselves in. They obviously care. You can't say that a man who killed someone, and then starts hiding at his friends house while hyperventilating and being unable to sleep doesn't care about going to jail. Of course he does. That's why he's so fucking worried and hiding. If he didn't care about the consequences, he would have just gone home and played with his dick or something.
>>
>>272989824
Too lazy to read the chain. What point were you or the original guy trying to make again? It's fine to troll people on SL because it's their own fault for getting worked up over something so silly?
>>
>>272989824
Again, those aren't the types of people we're talkin about now are we? A Troll would be someone who doesn't care and its not like theres no analog in the real world either. There are plenty of people who do things for ignoble reasons. In fact vastly more. And I'm not talking about the person who does something out of impulse, I'm talking about the people who do it cause they can.

Someone steals a candy bar from a store. They didn't need to do it, but did it for the thrill. Did they know they could get caught? Sure. But did that knowledge stop them in any way? No.

There are plenty of people who behave selfishly like that. If you don't feel that way, thats fine. Thats how society wants you to act and how you should react to doing a crime. But not everyone is like that. If someone thinks they can get away with it, they will. Simple as that.
>>
File: 1412799235760.png (384 KB, 800x272) Image search: [Google]
1412799235760.png
384 KB, 800x272
>>272975806
>be like 14 at the time
>this was back in 2009
out.
>>
>>272990145
To be honest, I'm completely lost myself at this point.

I recall starting with saying something like how I thought that people who get incredibly angry for a few days after someone walks into their virtual house was a bit silly, and then it became all this. I'm not even sure what's going on any more.
>>
>>272990218
>2009 was 8 years ago
>>
>>272990218
2009 = 14
2010 = 15
2011 = 16
2012 = 17
2013 = 18
2014 = 19
>>
>>272990148

Who are we talking about? I though we were discussing people committing crimes in general?
>>
>>272990425
I assume Trolls? Since thats where it originated from. If I recall right it somehow got here based off of people not caring about punishments and such rather than there being none.

To be honest I've been mostly just keeping this conversation going to not fall asleep and reset my sleep schedule.
>>
>>272990569

I feel like we should stop. This has gotten to a fairly ridiculous point. I hope you manage to stay away long enough anyway. I've got my own stuff to do as well.
>>
>>272988754
I have a question for you anon!
I want make a cute Anime girl like you
do I have to pay Premium account for that?
>>
>>272990669
Its been pretty damn ridiculous for a long time. I think both of us forgot what the hell we were trying to say. It has kept me awake this long however, so thank you.
>>
>>272990689
No. But you do need to buy/make money to actually buy each piece. That's just the M3 head, avatar 2.0 body, with a Tomoko hair and Tomoko outfit I bought from two other places.

Don't worry though, it's easy to make money if you don't mind doing lewd things for lewd people
>>
File: 123123.png (3 MB, 1687x843) Image search: [Google]
123123.png
3 MB, 1687x843
I don't know what am I doing here
>>
>>272990964
I felt the exact same way. Just... walk around I guess.
>>
File: My Nigga.png (413 KB, 523x417) Image search: [Google]
My Nigga.png
413 KB, 523x417
>>272990920
>if you don't mind doing lewd things for lewd people
>>
>>272990964
>cross out your name for some reason
>it's still right there in the nearby list
>>
>>272990964
Also, you forgot to censor your name in that chatbox. vidyaGame
>>
>>272991252
>>272991260
That's not him. That's probably some other /v/irgin he's exploring with.
>>
File: 1407579374614.png (53 KB, 184x271) Image search: [Google]
1407579374614.png
53 KB, 184x271
>>272991361
Don't lie I'm looking right at you
>>
>>272991361
You can literally read it through the blue scribbles
>>
OK how the fuck does this inventory stuff work? It's really convoluted. And how do I go about importing my own models and textures so I can run around as a wizard?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 83

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.