[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Far Cry 4 Fail
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 49
Let's see here:
>go to foreign country to put family member's ashes to rest
>rebels outright lie to me so that they can attempt to brainwash me to joining their not-ISIS team
>get shot at and arrested because sitting in the same van as supposed terrorists
>suave gentleman dictator with mild psychotic tendencies comes to apologize for the misunderstanding
>feeds me crab
>Lets me ride in his helicopter
>tortures terrorist for information (clearly suggesting that he cares about restoring peace to his country as quickly as possible)
>Lets me put family members ashes to rest unlike not-ISIS
>invites me to shoot guns with him after all is said and done

I'm supposed to buy this game, somehow rationalize hatred for this man who quite possibly just saved my life, run away to join a rebel organization that i know almost nothing about and willingly fuck with a man who has made it clear he does not tolerate insubordination and treason. For what? Your mother loved this man enough to have a child with him. Your biological "father" killed your fucking sister. If anything the rebels should be the bad guys in the protagonists mind. This entire game's premise is illogical. You should be able to side with the dictator to quell this terrorist rebellion, the fact that you can't is the reason i'm not buying this game, and to take it a step further why would i want to play the game after seeing this? It's blatently obvious to anyone that this "dictator" is the voice of reason in this third world shit hole. The only thing i can really fault him for is murdering his subordinate, but that isn't really the main character's problem. The man clearly has issues but he never wronged the main character in any significant way to justify his wanting to assassinate him, his father on the other hand has committed an unforgivable act of betrayal by murdering his sister".
How can you defend this and the lack of option to join this guys side?
>>
You can choose to side with him in the end
>>
Here's hoping for a DLC where you get to side with him and take out those fucking terrorist scumbags.

All i wanted was to kill poorfags with my Uncle.
>>
>>272365864
Really?
>>272365743
I was so disappointed when game just showed me fucking credits instead of letting me shoot guns with my cool uncle.
>>
that's the point m8
You're supposed to question who are the good guys
>>
>>272366112
wait 15 min in his house and he and you go to leave your mothers ashes with your sisters. to bad the game ends right after.
>>
>>272366156
Then why not give me the opportunity to choose?
Oh, right, cause ubi soft.
>>
>>272366156
>question

its pretty fucking obvious who the bigger evil here is.
>>
Anybody played COOP? Can't connect to my buddy , stuck on "Joining Match"
Anybody else?
>>
>>272366332
Yeah, i know, thanks. He said >>272365864
>side with him in the end
that's why i was asking.
>>
>>272365743
What a surprise, /v/ has the empathic skill and political thought of a 10 year old.
>>
Problem is, i refuse to play the game anymore because i dislike the Golden Path. I just don't enjoy playing with them. I don't feel i should be involved in this shit.

So as this anon said >>272366065, unless a DLC where you get to play after buring your mothers ashes and get to shoot some guns etc comes along, i'll be leaving this game where it is. Luckily i didn't buy it!
>>
>>272366457
>supports drug pushing terorrists who will install their own king
>>
>>272366457
I haven't played it but from the OP the guy seems like a Machiavellian dictator.
You can or cannot like something like that but it's not by far pure evil as the baddies almost always are shown to be
>>
Rebels are always scum, no matter what country they're from.
>>
>>272366650
>better always go along with the system no matter how corrupt and shitty it is.
>>
>Caring about stories in videogames.
>>
>There's a psychopath in charge of this shithole and he brings you to his secret base, probably surrounded by hundreds of guards, then tortures a man in front of you.
>But he offers you some nice food and the opportunity to do what you came here for.
>For some reason your first instinct is to defy and piss off the psychopath and break out of his heavily-guarded compound, joining up with an opposing military force in an attempt to get away from your best shot of accomplishing your primary goal.
>>
>>272366893
>>272366821
>>272366457
But you can't defend or retaliate to what OP has written, because in all honesty he's right.

While the alternate ending is appreciated it makes you question why the rest of the game was even made, as taking said action and fleeing is just ludicrous.
>>
>>272367026
The rest of the game was made to facilitate situations where you shoot other people in the face. That's all the story is for, to create situations where you get to experience FPS gameplay within a game environment. Nothing more.

Your choices in a videogame do not have to reflect your personal morality.

>Caring about stories in videogames.
>>
>>272367026
>But you can't defend or retaliate to what OP has written, because in all honesty he's right.
You're not fooling anyone OP.
>>
>>272367151
You're simply saying "Hey, let's ignore the story and go ahead and make another shit tasting FPS exactly like it's sequel".

But even if that's your point you're wrong. Far Cry 3 had a purpose, and while the story was nothing special, there was a clear goal and reason for what the Player did/had too do against Vaas and saving his friends and family. He wasn't killing/murdering people because he enjoyed it, but more because he was forced to join a faction against another to save his loved ones.

This game doesn't do that, it just makes the Protagonist redundant and pointless after the first 15minutes.
So, i'll ask you again. How can you defend this game?
>>
>>272367186
He is right. Instead of giving you a choice, they force you to fight for terrorists.
>>
HEY UBISOFT

Have I ever told you the definition of insanity?
>>
So now having a good villain is suddenly bad because the game isn't sandbox story where YOU CAN DO EVERYTHING™ though that was never promised from the beginning?

Do you always have to play the rational guys rather than being the one in the wrong like any game where you're not a self insert, but rather a different character?
>>
>>272367338
Because I don't play FPS for their poorly written stories. I play them for gameplay. I don't need a narrative driven motivation, which is apparently what you want.
>>
>>272367396
Those are called Roll Playing Games. Try them out, they're fun.
>>
>>272366358
When was "choice" ever a norm in video games? You very vell couldn't join the nazis in any WW2 game like Saboteur, and you can't join templars in Asscred series. Hell, you never could join the demons, alines or other associated bad guys in Quake, Doom, fucking elder scrolls and baldurs gate etc. So why do people demand freedom of choice now, in every fucking game?
>>
>>272367396
A good villain is one who makes you hate him without being a stereotype or caricature.

An average villain is one who does lots of evil things because he's the bad guy and he's supposed to be evil.

A terrible villain is one who makes you like and sympathize with him.
>>
File: 1407121781293.jpg (51 KB, 351x397) Image search: [Google]
1407121781293.jpg
51 KB, 351x397
>>272365743

yeah but he is like 101 hollywood villain.

>upper class if some what camp british accent

>assaults his own men but only after addressing their stupidity in front of the other henchmen

>has mood swings from a well spoken, gentlemanly conduct with his enemies to then a flip reaction of cold and ultra violence

>does the typical James Bond villain bit by inviting you for dinner (ooOooh unnerving!)

>he and his henchmen have costumes (pretty evil to me)
so you HAVE to dislike him OP. hes 101 evil.

hes just missing a catchphrase and Dr Evil's finger gesture
>>
>>272367396
They have to support it with good writing and characters or it won't work, just like in Far Cry 4.
- "Hey man, we knew your dad, you know. And this Pagan guy is very very evil, why don't you kill him for us. Look at this strong woman."
- "Ok"
>>
>>272367479
> I don't need a narrative driven motivation, which is apparently what you want.
No, but i expect more from a Far Cry game, especially after FC3. Guessing you haven't played it, so it doesn't matter.

Also if that's all you want from an FPS you're a casual, and should focus your attention on Call of Duty games and stay away from other such as Halo, Half Life etc, since you don't want a story
Now get out.
>>
>>272367601
>A terrible villain is one who makes you like and sympathize with him.
>Meanwhile, yesterday there was a 600+ replies thread about elder god tier villains being the ones who makes you question who the bad guy really is
/v/irgins flips the coin every hour just to have something to argue about.
>>
>>272366457
>Befriending two-faced drug-dealing terrorists

You have the mind of a 10 year old
>>
>>272367667
I played it, the story was fucking garbage. Just like FC2 and FC1 OMG MUTANT ZOMBIES.

Give me a break, guy. You can't honestly tell me you thought the narrative in FC3 was good.
>>
>>272367338
> He wasn't killing/murdering people because he enjoyed it, but more because he was forced to join a faction against another to save his loved ones.

Yes he was, the ending is just that, do you want to keep killing people in the island or go back to society (where you are miserable) with your friends.

The game was about "look at all this cool stuff you can do when morals dont exist"
>>
File: 114.gif (490 KB, 500x211) Image search: [Google]
114.gif
490 KB, 500x211
>>272367592

i quite enjoyed the saboteur but i was bummed out that if i put on any jerry uniform that bumbing american wet dream of a "FOIGHTY TOIGHTY OIRISHMUN" kept his fucking trousers on and just left the top part of the uniform.

i wanted to be roaming with the death squads in paris in my Gestapo car.

it would have been a better game if you could join the nazi's and spent 98% of the time watching burlesque,drinking coffee and porking some french girls and then the other 2% marching.
>>
>>272365743
Well they told us that they we would not like the game.
>>
>>272367338
>how can you defend this game

Because the gameplay is good, get your story crying out of here.
>>
>>272367702

>/v/ is one person
>>
>>272365743
But the main question is
SHOULD I STAY OR SHOULD I GO?
>>
>>272367592
People don't complain about the inability to join the Nazis because that's not something most reasonable people would want to do. People are complaining about the inability to join Pagan Min because a lot of people actually want that. When the game basically forces you to go against your desires, it breaks the suspension of disbelief. You begin to realize that you're being railroaded and that leaves a bad taste in your mouth.
>>
Just like Gadaffi and Assad, he's better than the alternatives.
>>
>>272365864
Let me guess, it's a "choice" like the first game where he will kill me afterwards.
>>
>>272367601
>a terrible villain is one who makes you like and sympathise with him

Kill yourself.
>>
>>272367913
Except the part where you can kill all the rebels and join Pagan at the end when you truly see them for what they are.
>>
>>272367776
>I played it, the story was fucking garbage.
That's an opinion. But you're in the minority. Not that it matters.
But there are ALOT of FPS games out there with good stories, and it always works in their favour.

And in response too;
>Give me a break, guy. You can't honestly tell me you thought the narrative in FC3 was good.
No, i didn't think it was good. But there was a basic plot that gave your character motivation and purpose.
In Far Cry 4 the protagonist goes against all rationale thinking and it draws you away from the game due to how unrealistic the approach of said character is.
>>
Howsa bout you spoiler your shit, asshole
>>
the problem the OP is trying to point out.. is that through out the game, the Villian is a lesser evil than the Rebels you join up with.

and the endings of the game only cement this, there is no twist, you simply find out the rebels are worse than the villian like hinted through the entire game, and then its over.
>>
>>272367963
>one binary choice at the very end of the game negates the previous several hours of gameplay and story
>>
File: Whatever!.jpg (32 KB, 310x206) Image search: [Google]
Whatever!.jpg
32 KB, 310x206
>>272367998
>ALOT

You seem to have made a critical error. "A lot" is actually two separate words. People without a reasonable amount of education regularly lump those two words together. Perhaps you should step back from your keyboard and consider how dumb you are.

Thank you and good day.
>>
>>272367861
To be fair, if you excepted choices in a game about an irishman in occupied France, named The Saboteur, where you could fullfil your SS fantasy, you were being silly.
>>
>>272367998
>But there are ALOT of FPS games out there with good stories, and it always works in their favour.

"Alot" isn't a word, bro.
>>
>>272367998
JOHN MARS IS FULL OF DEMONS

KILL ALL THE DEMONS

That's the plot of Doom, the best FPS of all time.
>>
>>272367601
Get cancer holy shit. 10/10
>>
>>272368130
>>272368138
Thanks boys.

>>272368192
>Opinion
>>
>>272368108
>Story and character development for the ultimate choice!
Fuck that noise, why couldn't i also join House Dagoth 5 minutes into the game!? I didn't need to play 60 hours just to learn i was being manipulated by Azura. They should just let me opt to join everyone, in every game there is without having to build up a story around it!
>>
>>272367592
>baldurs gate
But with baldur's you can side with the "bad guys" in every situation that doesn't require plot armour to you know..drive the plot.
Hell even the main story lets you side with the "bad guys".
>>
vaas was entertaining and everything, but I still think the Jackal was the best villain, in terms of character. Far Cry 2 let itself down by managing to be boring, but I thought the faction structure was pretty sound.
>>
File: carthage.jpg (799 KB, 986x1369) Image search: [Google]
carthage.jpg
799 KB, 986x1369
Why in vidya gaems (and movies for that matter) are "rebels" always seen as the good guys?

You have 10 seconds to name a game where the side doing the rebelling are "bad". And not just "if you look at it this way" bad, I mean "they are the people you spend most of the game shooting and not just because you're an enforcer for Captain Evil".

Protip: You can't
>>
>>272368192
except Doom gives you alot of purpose, not to mention the entire gameplay and premise is metal as fuck.
>>
>>272368035
Sure.
Paga Min is your step dad.
Your real dad is a cunt and the rebel leader who killed your sister and forced your mother who loved Pagan Min out of the country. Rebels are a bunch of drug selling twats who lie to you and use you.
>>
File: 1391548042716.png (2 KB, 186x186) Image search: [Google]
1391548042716.png
2 KB, 186x186
>>272368138

nah i just thought it looked good so i picked it up on chance really. i had no idea OIRISH PETE would be in it
>>
>>272365743
>Looking for well thought out logic.
>In a ubisoft game.

I have found your problem, you are looking for logic in a game from the same people who think a stable framrate/decent resolution isn't important at all in action games.
>>
>>272368302
the Jackal was never a villian, though.

there are two ways of looking at this.

either the Jackal is actually you, and you have a split personality, or not.

either way, the Jackal is the hero of the story (even if he was a bad man before) and is the only reason you do anything good.
>>
>>272368304

Metal Slug
>>
So what as SJW shit? Was it just a gay option or was it just a female character?
>>
>>272368304
Everything Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Ever.
>>
>>272368304
Victoria II.
>>
>>272368304
cause usa buys rebels and uses them in wars against governments which they don't like. they want you to support that
>>
yeah wtf i wana side with this awesome guy already, he's friendly as fuck to you and so chill
>>
>>272368304
Total War: Rome
>>
>>272368295
Not like that. You can choose to be a bad guy, and an asshole at that. But you can't actually be on the team with the bad guys (like joining Sarevok). That's the issue with D&D games. Whatever you do, if there's a sequel, whatever ending you get from a D&D is invalidated in the next one.
>>
>>272368415

well... careful, someone is supplying arms to both sides of a civil war. General populace are getting slaughtered and you're/he is getting rich off it. That's not a "good" guy, but I definitely take your point.
>>
>>272368304
CoD 4
>>
>>272368590
i also wana fuck that qt jailbait tho
>>
People on /v/ like to hate on stories but that's fucking retarded. I'm not going to descend into SJW-bullshit "the story and characters are ALL that matter!" faggotry, but many games want, at the very least, a framing device. Usually the framing device encourages the behavior the player wants to do anyway; in Dark Souls, you want to kill the big bad monsters, so the story encourages killing big bad monsters.

But in Far Cry 4 the opposite happens. The framing device pushes in a different direction from the gameplay. All the cool content comes from siding with the rebels and shooting Pagan Min's followers, but the writing makes Pagan Min seem like the best person to side with. It's pulling in two directions. Generally stories are best when they're not intrusive. That doesn't mean they can be ignored, it just means that they mesh well with the gameplay. Far Cry 4's story has the opposite effect.
>>
>>272367943
You can side with him right at the start, and he treats you like family. Which you are
>>
>>272366459
>Luckily i didn't buy it!
piracy in a nutshell
>>
>>272368690

can you? I got dragged out by the Golden Twats brigade and fucked down a mountain in a truck
>>
It has nothing to do with him being friendly, he is genuinely the better choice for the future of everyone, the rebels make things worse.

You, the player, can pick up on that thread early in the game but you are forced to along with it no matter what, you have no say in the narrative of the game.

That is what sucks. It isn't a question of is pagan min the good guys in the end, NOBODY IS THE GOOD GUYS, the rebels really are the WORSE guys though.
>>
>>272368363
That's fair. I thought the game would be a racing game from the first hour of buildup
>>
>>272365743
That's why you play through the game once as "intended", delete your save, then start over and this time listen to the kind gentleman who just saved your ass, and enjoy the true good ending.
>>
>>272368362
>Paga Min is your step dad
Dammit, I called him your actual Dad at the E3 trailer.

So close
>>
>>272368805
This anon gets it.
It's what makes the game so INFURIATING!
They tryed to add the option for 'multiple paths' but didn't realise that people would likely fucking hate the rebels. I mean doing something you don't want to do in a game that offers you choices doesn't make sense too me.
>>
>>272368628
>But you can't actually be on the team with the bad guys
But you can.
Not in number 1 as the needed to have continuity for the sequel.
You can literally join the vampire cult run by bodhi up until the point irenicus decides to kill you to obtain godly power.
You can join the bad guys in just about any place it would be reasonable, you can't expect every 10,000 year old dragon to team up with the latest poorly geared adventurer to enter his lair.
>>
>>272368785
You just have to do what he tells you.
"Don't go anywhere, i be right back" in the beginning of the game.
>>
>>272368785
When you're eating dinner with Pagan Min and he leaves for a moment and asks you to stay put, do so. Enjoy the crab rangoon. Don't try to escape the heavily-guarded compound with people you don't even know into unfamiliar territory just so you can start a war with the only guy to show you any compassion.
>>
The only reason to join the Rebels is for a shot at that teen girl. As far as I can tell, all the other women look like shit.
>>
>>272365864
Not really.
>Kill your way to Pagan
>He is still civil
>Lets you sit down at the table and talk with him
>Takes you to put your mothers ashes next to her daughter (The same thing you could achieve by waiting)
>Afterwards he just says "Actions have consequences. You have my kingdom, but I am keeping the helicopter" and flies away, dosent even attack you.
>Fin

I dont think the writers know what an antagonist is.
>>
>>272365743
My only problem is that if you stay with him at the beginning the game ends instead of letting you continue with him to purge rebel scum.
All they had to do was make some more dialogue and objectives and shit, was that so fucking hard?
>>
>>272368861
yeah wtf was that all about? was it to give him some "edge" as a main character? and so we as the player clearly know that the nazi's are the baddies
>>
>>272367592
>Saboteur
>nazis kill your brother and crush your dream
>"heil guys, where do i enlist?"

>Asscreed
>everything basically boils down to "they hate you because you were born and raised following the other organization"
>"he wants to be a templar? sure, let's let him in our ranks! it's not like the assassins would ever use tactics like sending this guy to be a double agent!"

>Doom
>hellstuffs slaying your colleagues just because
>hey guys, i'm John! can i be the demons too?"

>Quake i don't know the story, only played mp

>TES
>oblivion demons just want to eat your eyes and don't even speak your language
>"c'mon guys, quit poking me with your strange swords! i have maxed my social skills, can i glow bright red now?"
>you can still choose wheter you can be an upstanding citizen or a thief or a dark brotherhood guy. you don't even really need to choose and just be all of them because >bethesda >actual roleplaying

i want choice because the way the story is presented makes me think that i should be able to choose. one thing is "aww, i want to be the devils, too bad they attack me on sight because they crave my soul", one other thing is "this guy's the bad guy i guess, but he's treating me fair as of now. no wait who are this guys? i don't even know you, why would i want to come with you? stop yelling, what's forcing me to follow these jackasses? what, you almost had me get shot for "helping me escape" from a perfectly safe situation and now i'm supposed to repay you by doing your dirty work?". when you discover you don't have choice one makes you think "welp, bummer. but makes sense, i guess.", the other makes you think "BOO SHET"
>>
>>272369014
But she is fucking annoying.
>>
>>272368304
FTL
>>
>>272368971
>>272368976

Ah godammit. That's what I get for obeying the fucking message telling me to explore.

I'd rather have hoofed it over the side, gone and buried my Mum and THEN decide if I want to take on the world.

I get the STALKER boys would have let me do that.
>>
>>272368976
>Enjoy the crab rangoon
I can't. There's no way for me to eat the crab. Heck, where's my "press F to do stuff" prompt?
>>
File: 1414274739945.gif (1 MB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1414274739945.gif
1 MB, 300x300
>>272367953
>>272368193
>Villain=Antagonist
>>
Min even kills his chef because he thought you left because you didn't like the crab (as you didn't eat any of it).

What a bro.
>>
>>272368432
Fuck you dude! that makes sense.
>>
>>272368976
>Given a subtle choice rather than a promt
>/v/ instantly choose to do what they're told not to
>Complain about NO CHOICES
Oh /v/, you were the casual all along
>>
>>272368304
FTL: Faster Than Light. I mean, there isn't enough story to know if the rebels are bad, or good, but since you are against the rebels they are the villain of the game.
>>
File: 1415751620024.png (42 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1415751620024.png
42 KB, 300x300
>>272368304
>Why in vidya gaems (and movies for that matter) are "rebels" always seen as the good guys?
Because of Star Wars. Literally one of the only reasons they're always seen as the good guys.
Prove me wrong.
>>
>>272365743
>Saved from terrorists and corrupt soldiers by a literal king
>A few personality quirks but a breddy gud guy
>Eating crab n shit having a good time
>Walk around
>Get kidnapped by terrorists
>You gotta single-handedly overthrow an entire goverment regime
>BTW i killed your sister and used your mother as nothing but a tool
>But it's cool because i'm your dad (who you never saw, or cared for you at all throughout your life)
>Also we fund our operation by selling vast amounts of drugs to poor and developing communities and countries
Yeah nah, the "golden path" are fucking retarded.
>>
>>272369205
It's still NO CHOICES. All you get for staying there for 15 minutes is an easter egg ending instead of getting a choice to fuck the rebels up the ass with Pagan Min.
>>
>>272369339
>>272369286
Fucking ubishit, someone message them this shit to never do it again.
>>
File: 1409456613166.jpg (390 KB, 2000x1500) Image search: [Google]
1409456613166.jpg
390 KB, 2000x1500
So hey, did anyone get a error that when you try to start up the game it just freezes it? How did you fix it
>>
File: 1366423051048.gif (104 KB, 300x136) Image search: [Google]
1366423051048.gif
104 KB, 300x136
>now lets finally shoot some fucking guns
>credits roll the end
>you will never shoot some fucking guns with Pagan Min
>>
>>272369120
>Press X to pay respects.
>>
File: despair.jpg (10 KB, 308x296) Image search: [Google]
despair.jpg
10 KB, 308x296
>>272369540
>it will be DLC
>>
File: Far_Cry_4_Longinus.png (90 KB, 460x500) Image search: [Google]
Far_Cry_4_Longinus.png
90 KB, 460x500
>>272367659
>"AJ MAH BOY! Tha Holy Bible sayeth, God would provide us with manna from the havans! And juss like that, a shipmin of weppans crashed, like a fiery fireball, atop tha Hymalayas! Go AJ, go to the tallast mountain with your aca joe winnbreaker, graaaaaze unto the grace of God 'imself... an bring back da gons."
>"~amen!"
>>
>>272369470
Have you played in Far Cry 3? Then you've played in Far Cry 4. Just watch the ending on youtube.
>>
>>272369540
Mods.
Poorly made community mods.
>>
>>272369649
They are too stupid to do something like that.
>>
>>272369276

Because if you've pissed off a citizenry so bad that they actually take up arms against you, then you must be doing SOMETHING wrong.

Still refreshing to see stories where the rebels are the bad guys, though. Thanks, FTL.
>>
File: Naamloos.jpg (271 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Naamloos.jpg
271 KB, 1920x1080
little offtopic but is the games shadows supposed to be this dark?
>>
>>272369659
I bought this game for my younger brother, he wants to play it, I don't actually like the series, I just want to make the game work so he can play it
>>
>>272369717
I still want to play on Pagan Ming side.
>>
File: 1412663825286.gif (1 MB, 480x384) Image search: [Google]
1412663825286.gif
1 MB, 480x384
Just another example that nothing good comes out of Canada and France
>>
>>272369658
Why everytime this nigger talked he tried to push his filthy face so close to you?
I'm not blind and already see that he looks like a fucking bum, thanks Ubisoft.
>>
>>272369815

DON'T STOP
>>
>>272369741
Change yer Ambient Occlussion to SSAO.
>>
>>272369726
>Because if you've pissed off a citizenry so bad that they actually take up arms against you, then you must be doing SOMETHING wrong.

We don't know if they are "the people" anymore than the taliban are "the people" or even if the rebels are the prominent leaders of a military coup working with drug lords.
Hell for all we know it's a CIA funded operation for both money laundering and installing a puppet goverment.

There are literally thousands of reasons you could be running a country as best you can reasonably do and still have "uprisings/revolts/coups
>>
>>272367592
there's actually two assassin's creed games where you play as a Templar
>>
>>272366457
>The only reason for the player to join Golden Path is "But they're the rebels! Rebels r kewl! They sell drugs too, really sticking it to the man!"

Well, at least i don't have the emphatic skill and political thought of a 9 year old.
>>
>>272369871
CAN'T STOP THE BEAT
>>
>>272369967
>Play as a templar
I'll tell you what anon, how about you just shut the fuck up for a minute and read on.

1) You're a fucking idiot for believing that
2) I fucked your mom last night
3) Just because you sucked Haytham Kenways dick and licked his sweaty arse doesn't mean you can post bollocks on this thread.

Okay, now go kill yourself you massive fucking faggot.
>>
>>272370074
have you not played Rouge?
>>
>>272370114
>Implying i'd want to play a game on filthy last-gen consoles when i can play Unity instead.

Kill yourself.
>>
>>272369878
thank you very much
>>
>>272369339
So you reach the end? That's a choice bro. You can stay put and finish the game, or you can go on wacky adventures with the rebels. One ends the game earlier, the other extends it. Choices choices.
>>
File: 1391057227929.jpg (47 KB, 226x199) Image search: [Google]
1391057227929.jpg
47 KB, 226x199
>>272370183

Trying really hard to rationalize that purchase eh Anon?
>>
>>272367001
>"T-tortures? They MUST be the bad guys"

>One of Sabal's mission briefings cutscenes show him and another Golden Path about to start torturing a soldier
>"Yeah you handle getting his teeth and intel, i'll handle the shooty. Namaste, Golden Path =)"
>>
>>272366332

Oh wow, is that what happens? I like non-standard game overs.
>>
>>272369967
Yeah, but is it a choice? Can you switch sides?
>>
>>272370215
>One ends the game earlier
It ends before it starts, you don't even get to play.
Nice bait Ubishill, took you long enough to think that one up. If you want to play the actual game, you don't get a choice.
>>
>>272368304
Valkyria Chronicles 2
>>
>Waah this game doesn't wank off my ego and let me know i was the greatest good guy all along
>Wah where's the instant gratification from being unable to ever work at the wrong side because that's my character's story??
>I demand the MC is just as enligthened and intelligent like me, so he can join the other team RIGHT AWAY after i read what happens on /v/! Since i would never be tricked into working with the rebels once i learned about their shit on the internet, just like i expect my character to think!
>>
>>272368443
haven't found anything yet, i guess he just said so to pander to them.
>>
>>272370745

>Wah I strawman posts on /v/!
>>
>>272370829
>Wah he's right, better say he's strawmanning to deflect what i've been saying all thread!
>>
>>272370892

Excellent job Anon, now please quote a couple posts as examples for what you're saying.

Since the entire thread is like that, you should have no trouble doing it
>>
Why couldn't you join him then put down the drug fueled revolution?
You'd still get plenty of situations where you can murder a bunch of dudes but for a reason that is not absolutely retarded.
>>
>>272370745
Nobody wants to play a game where their character constantly does stupid and wrong shit all the time.
>>
>>272370074
you play as an Assassin turned Templar in Rogue and you play the first chunk of AC3 as a Templar.
>>
the writer of FC4 openly says he proud to inject social justice into the game

just saying..
>>
File: 1408190973792.jpg (334 KB, 1234x994) Image search: [Google]
1408190973792.jpg
334 KB, 1234x994
>>272369470
Pls respond, it just stays on a black screen in window mode
>>
>>272371086
Also compared gamergate to terrorists.
>>
>>272367603
To be fair, he is probably a terrible dictator. He clearly lives lavishly while his people suffer in poverty, and I'm sure, given his psychotic whims, that he doesn't lead the country very well. It gives a reason for the rebellion to be there, at least, not necessarily sure I'd call him 'evil' though.
>>
>>272369276
nah it's cause WWII
And also the Chinese movie Star Wars ripped off massively
>>
>>272369842
Because AJ, mah boy, every freckle is a sin and i have committed many...
>>
>>272371086

It doesn't matter unless the game itself makes said pandering overtly visible. Social justice means many different things, and considering his work on Far Cry 3 I wouldn't take anything the guy says seriously because he seems to range from a competent writer to completely insane depending where you're looking rom
>>
>>272371006
>He is right. Instead of giving you a choice, they force you to fight for terrorists.

>Befriending two-faced drug-dealing terrorists
>You have the mind of a 10 year old

>Far Cry 3 had a purpose, and while the story was nothing special, there was a clear goal and reason for what the Player did/had too do against Vaas and saving his friends and family. He wasn't killing/murdering people because he enjoyed it, but more because he was forced to join a faction against another to save his loved ones.
>This game doesn't do that, it just makes the Protagonist redundant and pointless after the first 15minutes.
So, i'll ask you again. How can you defend this game?

>>one binary choice at the very end of the game negates the previous several hours of gameplay and story

>You're supposed to question who are the good guys
>Then why not give me the opportunity to choose?

>its pretty fucking obvious who the bigger evil here is.

>>supports drug pushing terorrists who will install their own king

There's a few. People mad that THEY can't choose side rather than accepting that MC is a character who is forced into his side
>>
>>272369950
Louis XVI was doing his best to keep the populace happy and provide reform but nooo
>>
>>272367853
>or go back to society (where you are miserable)

Yeah, that's exactly the vibe I got from the intro...

>>
In ds1 you're the greatest scumbag ever. Killing guys who did nothing wrong/just their guardian job.
>>
>>272371293
i just hate it when you are enabling people to inject their agenda into games
>>
>tfw there will never be a game where you assume the role of a person of high rank in a glorious empire and bring emperor's wrath and fury to foolish rebels

Why are empires slightly less often than always are the bad guys?
>>
>>272371228
>Implying ANYONE ever talked positivly about the french resistance rather than LOLSURRENDER
>Implying ANYONE knows about the norwegian and polish resistance
>>
>>272371386
that's what literally every writer does, it's only when it challenges your biases that you nerds get pissed off
>>
>>272366156
>that's the point m8
>You're supposed to question who are the good guys

>THAT'S THE POINT, ASK YOURSELVES QUESTIONS, MAN
Maybe Ubisoft are just retards.
Maybe the bigger picture is just one of their shit smeared cave paintings.
>>
>>272371086
But where is that social justice shit?
Apart from that bollywood skank that runs the arena and her amazon guards I struggle to find any. Even then this bitch is in charge of heroin production which is supposedly anti SJW, no?
>>
>>272371305

Eh, fair enough. I should probably give this thing a pirate at some point to check the intro sequence, but considering how Far Cry 3 handled its characters I have zero problem believing that the entire supporting cast on the rebel side is utterly unlikable and impossible to take seriously, because that was the case with Citra's lunatics.
>>
>>272371386
there is literally no fucking media with "no agenda" what the fuck are you smoking
>>
>>272371351
Well bad weather pretty much killed him.
If it wasnt for the record hailstorms that killed the years harvest, it would have just been a kinda shitty few years with higher taxes.
But with the whole "starving to death with no help from the bankrupted goverment" kinda pissed off the peasants.
>>
File: batman Quiet or papa spank.jpg (13 KB, 210x173) Image search: [Google]
batman Quiet or papa spank.jpg
13 KB, 210x173
>>272370745
>>272370745
In games the point is that you're playing using someone else's body and your brain. Otherwise they would be making the path-choosing decisions for you and you would be capped by their IQ.

You don't get to choose speech sometimes which is a limitation of the tech, and it is reasonable to be limited by the character's physical limits [e.g. missing leg, was unconscious] but otherwise the point is YOU are playing the game, not the character.

This is pretty obvious stuff.
>>
>>272371180
yet he makes the player side with the terrorists. COINCIDENCE???
>>
>>272371598
I'm starting to suspect that people are supposed to dislike "your own team" after FC3 and now this. It's like they're trying something different than being surrounded by the biggest bros and a "fuck yeah team" feeling.
>>
>>272371386

I guess it the question is, if the game itself into forcefeeding a CURRENT and RELEVANT topic down someone's throats [so you can't say that, say, the original Bioshock is seriously harmed by its bias, because who the hell thinks objectivism is relevant in the modern world?], the staff can probably pander on Twitter all they want. It's basically a different form of advertisement. And so far the biggest problem with Far Cry 4 seems to be that of differing viewpoints on whose side is right rather than one being shielded by the golden lights of social justice in some form or another
>>
>>272369540
See
>>272369649
The sad thing is. I would pay for it.
Pagan is a likable guy, and I really would enjoy shooting with him, and seeing his relationship with AJ. Hopefully he wont die at the end.
>>
>>272371782
a lot of people on 4chan can't handle everyone around them being 10/10 perfect best friend dick sucking bros since they play vidya for escapism and hate it when it reminds them of real life

the amount of realistic, well written characters I see labelled as "shit characters" by people here is ridiculous
>>
>>272371838
I think you get to choose to kill him or not.
>>
>>272371386
You won't be able to find a single medium that doesn't have someone's agenda in it, it's literally impossible
>>
I'm pissed off at how fucking SHORT this game is. And basically no gameplay at all. The guy in the OP asked me to wait for him for a bit so I sat saround and then he came back and we hung out for a bit and the game just FUCKING ENDED.

This is some gone homo levels of shit.
>>
>>272371601
Corporations bad, rag-tag rebels good, fuck the man, row row fight the power.
>>
File: 1415659301290.png (440 KB, 549x521) Image search: [Google]
1415659301290.png
440 KB, 549x521
Jesus christ. I downloaded the patch for Skidrow and I still crash after the avalanche. Seriously I'm mad as fuck this is the third time I finish the prologue. I'm running it as administration etc. And still it happens. Any help for fellow anon?
>>
>>272371901
go away anthony burch
>>
>>272371782

There are actually a couple interviews with the writer for this series floating around where he flat out says that that's indeed the case, and where the common player sees teaming up with bros to stop evil, he instead tried to make it a tale where you're basically a pointed gun whose well-being is of zero concern to the people who pretend to be on your side. The guy seem to have good idea, the execution is the problem
>>
>>272365864
No unfortunately you can't do missios for him but but you can let him live and fly away in the helicopter.
>>
>>272372054
yeah ok bud anyone with an opinion that you don't share is a cuckolded fag
>>
>>272372032

download the R.G. Mechanics one and apply SKidrow
>>
>>272372085
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9s2jppG58_w
>>
>>272371632
Yeah. I don't really see how he could have done much though apart from sell everything to give to the poor; and with that in mind a king needs to present a royal appearance to keep up international respect, and largesse to the poor was already a thing anyway.
His reign was really a bunch of poorly timed mistakes, but I think he was doing the best he could do, and that was kinda drowned out by propaganda after his death.
>>272371386
Guys this is some tumblr false flag or some shit or a successful troll who dislikes GG, I don't know but please don't bite the bait
>>272371427
Well I guess by nature an empire is usually aggressive to expand its territory, something seen as selfish by most people [even if it brings benefits like Rome]. So a majority opinion is that empires R bad lul
>>
>Game lets you do the actual reasonable thing of waiting for him to get back, eating your meal and not running off into the mountains to join a group of terrorists
>They don't go all the way with it and instead just have it end 4 minutes later

WHY

YOU WERE SO CLOSE UBISOFT

FUCK YOU
>>
>>272372054

Funnily enough, Mr. Burch is probably responsible for the fact that goddamn Borderlands 2 could have had a narrative punch to the player with the way it handled its antagonist but then decided to completely ruin the flashes of brilliance that you could see in the plot halfway through
>>
>>272366065
Point is he always wanted to pass power over Kyrat to you.
>>
>>272371975
You do.
But I mean a fully fleshed out path, much to SJW's despair.
>Campaign where you and uncle Min crush the terrorists together, and usher in an era of peace for his kingdom.
>He makes you his heir and calls you son
>He is the father AJ never had
The father I never had
>>
>>272372016
There's a secret sidequest that activates by not waiting him at the dinner table, but it's boring and makes you feel bad for leaving him to eat alone.
>>
>>272366332

This alternate ending is one of the coolest things to happen in gaming in like a year
>>
File: 9 of 11.png (9 KB, 318x296) Image search: [Google]
9 of 11.png
9 KB, 318x296
this thread has been a higher level of 4chan discussion than usual, congrats anons. This is why I KEep coming here
pat yourselves on the back
>>
>>272371901
Sure, that's why people liked Vaas, who is a total cunt towards you. Not enough straws in your straw man, bud.
>>
>>272365743
Wait.

Youre his step son or something?
>>
>>272365743
Murika: Dikatotor bad. Captiolzim guod
>>
>>272372352
Thats because it's a slow year for gaming.
It's pretty sad not being railroaded is such a big thing.

It's also depressing how the alternat ending is so much more satisfying.
>>
>>272372348
How can you activate this sidequest ?
>>
>cracked days early
>no one played because the map being blacked out was attributed to a bug
>only needed to do the first mission
Scrubs
>>
>>272372491
No, you're his gay lover. No joke.
>>
>>272372352

It actually is. it could've been fleshed out more to at least be an easter egg that gives you access to free roaming without any of the story missions, but just the fact that it IS there is a godsend in a world where railroading the player a single way in these sorts of game is the norm.
>>
>>272372445
>x=3 in one problem
>woooww don't you know x=5 in this one ur so dumb ahaha
Vaas doesn't even factor into that post, you need to work on your reading comprehension
>>
>>272372347
Good idea for DLC/Expansion campaign.
>>
>>272365743
I take it the suave gentleman you're talking about isn't the weird lesbian transexual in the picture?
>>
I invaded the wrong guy
>>
>>272372410
What about it is good? Just curious. Is it just because there's not a rampant shitposting circlejerk for once?
>>
>>272369052
I feel like they were trying to go for something different than the norm (which would be cheesy a revenge or rescue story to get the hero motivated), but kind of missed the mark.
>>
>>272372491
No.
Your father was a terrorist. He sent you mother to spy on Pagan, but they fell in love and had a kid. Your father then murdered your half-sister, and your mother ran from him. Pagan knows who you are, and treats you so well because of how much he loved your mother.

Not sure what the unrelated father of a half sibling makes him.
>>
how the fuck do i turn off this god awful mouse acceleration?
>>
>>272372608
Why is OP talking about him killing someones sister and fucking someones mom
>>
>>272372639

Well, they did the Tyranny of King Washington thing, didn't they? Wouldn't be unheard of for Ubisoft. Evil for evil I'll at least take the one that's charismatic and treats you well.
>>
Is there a way to turn off the radio? I really can't stand Steve from meme support trying to be Kanye West. I'd rather listen to Min's propaganda announcer looping "new Tom Clancy game out this week, please buy and usher with Ubisoft in an age of peace" all day.
>>
>>272372765
he's as good as your step dad
>>
>>272368304
EYE: Devine Cybermancy I think
>>
>>272372765
I don't get why the Mohanwhatever guy killed your sister and how does that make him a good guy and an example to follow for all the GP
>>
>>272372626
>a lot of people on 4chan can't handle everyone around them being 10/10 perfect best friend dick sucking bros
>Hey, but there's a character from a previous game who wasn't a bro and people still liked him
>HURRR YOURE RETARDED READING COMPREHENSHUUN
How about you learn how to convey your point correctly first?
>>
>>272372352

What's this about? Spoiler it if you have to
>>
>>272372915
Nobody understands what EYE was about. Not even the devs.
>>
>>272372826
He's better.
>You join terrorists
>Murder your way to him
>He still gives you a chance to talk things over.
>Wont fight back.
>Wont betray you.
>>
I saw a video of the "secret" ending, and I gotta say, that Pagan dude seems like a pretty rad villain. Shame he's in an Ubisoft game.
>>
>>272373015
You and Pagan go bury the ashes of your sister and mother. Showing that Pagan didn't plan anything bad against you
>>
>>272373010
it was in response to a guy talking about the supporting cast so maybe that means the post is specifically in reference to your allies in games?

No that doesn't make any sense
>>
>>272369056
this. why not the option to play out the game from Min's side; gunning down rebels and clearing out the country? seems like a wasted opportunity for a different playing style, not to mention true replay value
>>
>>272372225
There should at least be option to kill both Sabal and Amita and take over after this.
>>
>>272373015

The post he was quoting literally spells it out Anon
>>
>>272373023

From what I can understand, you are a figment of Rimanah's imagination, along with the rest of the world you're in. He broke his legs after sending his wife to the forbidden palace intentionally and having her gain brouzouf, then something happened to his legs and essentially he's on life support via necrocybermancy. The exaggerations are due in part to Rimanah gaining brouzouf, like how much shit you can fling with Metastreunomic Force, or how there's a talking mentor in New Eden, or a talking Carnophage in one of the penultimate missions.

The way that you can replay the game (and you have to beat it three different ways before you can get to the true brouzouf) represents the cyclical nature of Rimanah's legs.

Even when you get to Minos and find your wife, you're transported to an island with no way of escape other than breaking the legs and gaining the Brouzouf all over again, or exiting E.Y.E (essentially making the legs OK, waking Rimanah up)
>>
>>272373015
No spoiler, it's the start of the game.
>Character returns to scatter mothers ashes
>Pagan tells you to wait for him to get back as he needs to take a call
>You choose not to run away and join terrorists for no reason
>Pagan comes back and you put your mothers ashes next to her daughter
>Pagan takes you to shoot guns
>The end
>>
>>272373159
>not to mention true replay value

That'd be taking it a bit too far, at most it'd be the exact same free roaming game except the compaign would be one or two missions only. And I'd honestly be okay with that.
>>
>>272372348
You walk around the mansion and at a certain point you find some kids that look cool and you go with them but when you look at the time it's very late and you're afraid that Pagan might be angry for not telling him you were going out and now you can't watch Scrubs with him because it's late so you decide to live in the woods and overthrow the government to make a law and rerun the episode as an half apology
>>
>>272371305
>There's a few. People mad that THEY can't choose side rather than accepting that MC is a character who is forced into his side
Why exactly am I supposed to be okay with this? I'm mad that the MC is a piece of shit and I don't want to do what the devs want me to do because of it. Why should I accept this? "Artistic vision"? Fuck you pally, this ain't a movie.
>>
>watch the alternative ending because it's supposed to be alternative
>get everything spoiled for me
>reach the actual end
>it's the same fucking scene
wow, fuck this shit. never again ubishit.
>>
>>272371601
What's the agenda in Pacman?
>>
>>272372225
>>272372765
According to Pagan in the third ending your mother killed father in return.
>>
>>272373127
>everyone around them
No, it was a passive-aggressive broad statement. Again proofread the shit you're writing here, chum.
>>
>>272373015

I actually got this ending by accident, I wasn't interested in the story so I went afk during the long ass opening cutscenes, I came back just in time for Pagan Min to come back to the dinner, after that there's a cutscene where you place your ashes with your sisters ashes, which I suppose is what your character was there for in the first place, ending the game. I was confused, but when reading about it a day or so later I was amazed instead
>>
>>272373325

>>it's the same fucking scene

Wrong, you don't get to keep the chopper.
>>
File: 1395200508038.jpg (114 KB, 500x410) Image search: [Google]
1395200508038.jpg
114 KB, 500x410
>>272373190

>tfw I only played the game for a couple hours and dropped it

What the dickens am I reading Anon. What's Brozouf? Isn't it the game's currency?
>>
>>272373351
>Pacman
>man
>>
>>272372571
>>272373304
>>
File: oooooooooooo.png (592 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
oooooooooooo.png
592 KB, 500x500
>>272372352
I kept expecting it to be some kind of bad end, like Pagan shuts him in the shrine and locks it and leaves while laughing
Instead I got 'let's go shoot some fucking guns'
>>
>>272371901
>people are supposed to dislike "your own team"
>"your own team"
>not the supporting cast

God you're thick, I think I might go play some video games instead of arguing with someone as retarded as you
>>
>>272373095

what the FUCK? That's EXACTLY what I wanted. And all I have to do is just sit there and eat dinner?
>>
>>272373312
>Why can't they let me escape into a world full of 10/10 fighing the clearly bad guy, AGAIN??
Play Valkyrie Chronicles for that, m8.
>>
>>272373397

You gain Brouzouf.
>>
>>272373389
you don't get to keep the cool dad either
:'(

>>272373351
poppin molly's cool
hint: it's not
>>
I think it's refreshing to have a game in which you play the bad guys.

Obviously for political correctness reasons they can't have you playing some muslim terrorist trying to blow up white people, so they have to veil the whole thing by placing it in an exotic location and just having yellowy-brown people killing other yellowy-brown people.
>>
>>272373489
meant for >>272373362
>>
>>272369726
this is high school tier political thought.
>if the gubmint werent bad, people wouldnt want to overthrow it

you are aware that every goverment in the world has its critics, right? that people would be actively trying to overthrow your government right now and install their own regime if it weren't for your government's presence and the threat of overwhelming force if people do try to rise up.
>>
>>272373351
About the vices of gluttony. You can eat all you want, but you'll never find happiness (never ending cycle of levels), and the more you eat, the more likely you are to die (ghosts becomming more difficult to evade)
>>
>>272373507
Why can't they?
It's because they're shit and their game is shit.
This game's story isn't morally ambiguous at all, it's just shit.
>>
man, they really weren't kidding when they said if you're not a SJW you'll hate FC4.

Only someone with immature social justice leanings could possibly choose to side with the terrorist rabble over the man who treats you like family and welcomes you into his home with a feast.
>>
>>272372526
It's an interesting concept.
>man sets out to do sentimental errand, succeeds

main character probably ends up having a pretty bitchin' vacation as a result.
>>
File: 1400096444060.jpg (98 KB, 1056x398) Image search: [Google]
1400096444060.jpg
98 KB, 1056x398
>>272373351
>>
File: FarCry4 2014-11-16 14-46-10-94.jpg (173 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
FarCry4 2014-11-16 14-46-10-94.jpg
173 KB, 1920x1080
>You will never have an awesome dictator dad.
>>
>>272373052
because unlike women, men can only love in hindsight
>>
>>272373325
Showing all that killing was utterly pointless.
Ubi has a shit motivation for fighting Pagan.

But depite it ending prematurely and not being flesehed out.
Farcry 4 > Shit > Spec ops.
>>
>>272373492
Yeah, just wait. Mind you, the game ends afterwards.

Point is, it shows that Pagan actually as a good guy despite his eccentricies and typical villain expectations. Further proving that the rebels are the ones who do bad shit compared to him.

Though he's still trigger happy
>>
Min did nothing wrong.
>>
>>272373792

Weird, I thought the main character was supposed to have an asian complexion. Maybe I got confused by the promo art.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 49

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.