[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Smash Bros
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 68
File: roster.png (212 KB, 400x240) Image search: [Google]
roster.png
212 KB, 400x240
Alright, hold on.

So we got video footage, and there's no denying that footage is legit. So Shulk and Bowser Jr confirmed, sure, sure.

But why are we exactly believing the full roster? He's like an opponent of JC; he doesn't have a single fact to back that up. Coupled with Yoshi's weird as fuck placement and the trivial way the leaker went about with DLC, I feel like this is part of a ruse. Besides, wasn't there confirmation that Dr. Mario was just a photoshop job done on an existing Mario model?
>>
>>260191065
I find the clone placement weird

>Pitoo, Doc, Lucina next to each other
>Falco, Ganon, Toon Link are next to their respective series
>>
After seeing the footage I pretty much believe that the characters before us are all real, including Doc. But I also believe that there are more characters/stages to unlock

>weird placement in characters and stages, as you mentioned
>All Star Mode locked
>all of this footage take with the same save file (ESRB0008)

We shall see in like a week once a Japanese reviewer spills the roster.
>>
>>260191316
Maybe they stay at the bottom until the full roster is unlocked.
>>
>>260191930
>>260191901

>Maybe they stay at the bottom until the full roster is unlocked.

Maybe. But why on earth would they send ESRB an incomplete roster? I don't quite understand the logic there.

The other thing bothering me is why the ESRB leaker knows about DLC. He can't possibly know that.
>>
>>260192272
If the ESRB just wants to see the most suggestive content, why would they need to see the full roster?

Maybe the ESRB got multiple videos and this was just one of them

Playing devils advocate here because I want ridley in the game but I do think its weird for them to not show the ESRB a creepy space dragon that could scare children.
>>
Hopefully it's not all of them but honestly I don't know why the ESRB would have a picture of PART of the roster, kinda defeats the purpose of rating the game if only some things are unlocked. The holes on the sides could just be a stylistic thing because the roster number doesn't create a nice shape, not to mention all the third party reps make a nice bottom row.

The only thing that argues against a fully unlocked roster is the clones being all scattered which is definitely weird but it could just be sloppy placement, Sakurai isn't perfect.

Lucas is gone and no K Rool, Dixie or Ridley in sight. My hopes are low
>>
>>260192745

Ridley definitely does fall under the "frightening images" deal. Playable or not, he should be on there. That's weird as fuck.
>>
>>260192923
Sakurai is full ocd when it comes to his menus. I highly doubt that character placement is intentional.
>>
Because the image dump matches the CSS. The lower part of the CSS matches and Wario's trophy is the same pose. The videos also have matching portraits from the CSS. On top of that, it matches the Vaanrose leak. The placements can be solved if there are more characters to be unlocked.

The better question is "why exactly is anyone not believing the full roster" because there isn't exactly a good reason to think any image evidence of this leak is fake.
>>
>>260191065
The only confirmed characters are Shulk and Bowser Jr.
>>
If the GameCube can handle ice climbers, the 3ds can aswell. Also seeing that All-Star mode is locked, there's likely more characters we haven't seen.
>>
>>260193425
Matches the CSS?
>>
File: image.jpg (183 KB, 780x770) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
183 KB, 780x770
OH SHIT LEAKED FOOTAGE
>>
File: Yurilowell.png (173 KB, 389x558) Image search: [Google]
Yurilowell.png
173 KB, 389x558
Five Guys.
Namco Bandai Tales Of Rep.
>>
File: uK8qQX4[1].jpg (96 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
uK8qQX4[1].jpg
96 KB, 600x800
>>260193950
http://imgur.com/a/PzeCw

the character select screen matches. So far everything in this image dump is consistent with pic of the day images, so it's hard to believe the leaker faked a single part of it. Dark Pit is there, you can see Dr Mario in the corner on the same spot next to WFT, and there's a shot of a Wario trophy that matches up with his pose on the character select screen. That only leaves Duck Hunt Dog (which the Vaanrose leak said is in) and some veterans (which Ness, ROB, G+W) which the Vaanrose leak also didn't mention are cut. The full roster images we've seen are legit.
>>
>>260192923

I wonder if Sakurai just knew something like this would happen so incomplete rosters would be given out so no one can spoil ridley
>>
>>260193030

Ridley is a stage hazard on Pyrosphere.

Which is Wii U exclusive ergo no Ridley to show for the 3DS version.
>>
>>260198047

But wouldn't he have a trophy on the 3DS version? I think you're right though. RIP in peace, Ridley. There's another purple dragon that deserves to be in anyway.
>>
File: ESRB LEAK 1.png (135 KB, 1210x344) Image search: [Google]
ESRB LEAK 1.png
135 KB, 1210x344
>>260192272
The ESRB leaked the roster twice. Put two and two together and we have the complete roster.
>>
Honestly, the way Yoshi is put in the middle there for no reason makes it more believable. No fake leak would do that.
>>
>>260200178

>nothing on Duck Hunt Dog or Dark Pit

Nope.
>>
>>260191065
I'm worried that the only thing I like about this leak, which is DHD, might actually be a ruse. Out of all the newcomers he was the most unlikely one except maybe for WFT.
>>
>>260200390
That's why I mentioned put two and two together. The roster could've leaked separate info on the roster. Duck Hunt, Dark Pit and Doctor Mario get mentioned the 2nd time they leak something.
>>
>>260200731

>Ice Climbers
>returning

kek. Nope.
>>
>>260191065
All star mode was locked. that means its not the full roster
>>
What if this whole leak is just a decoy created by Nintendo?
>>
>>260200804
Since we have alts and tag team characters getting separated (PKMN Trainer and Zelda/Sheik) we could just get a single playable Ice Climber while Nana gets to be an alt with her own color costumes. It makes more sense then just cutting them both.
>>
>>260200178
>ESRB getting copies of the games instead of videos
>Actual gamers working for ESRB

can you be that stupid?
>>
>>260199871
Barney?
>>
File: 1tHSX4y.gif (101 KB, 100x100) Image search: [Google]
1tHSX4y.gif
101 KB, 100x100
>>260201339
>gamers

Well it's been fun.
>>
>>260199871
Spyro?
>>
>>260199871
Spike?
>>
>>260195967
That would make sense. Sakurai is paranoid as fuck, and probably expected Bowser Jr., Shulk, etc. to have been revealed by now, so if it leaked anyways, it wouldn't spoil the whole roster.
>>
>>260192923
Why would he decide now was the time to make the CSS look shitty and disorganized after three games of it looking completely fine? Going by every previous Smash game only having their rosters look like this partway through unlocking everything it makes more sense to me that this isn't the full roster.
>>
What if sakurai deliberately leaked this footage to make us all think this is all there is to the roster so when we unlock someone not on it we are even more surprised?
>>
File: smashtrophyleaks.png (1 MB, 1175x799) Image search: [Google]
smashtrophyleaks.png
1 MB, 1175x799
>>260191065

Has nobody else realized that the images in the video are from different points of progression?

>Barbara trophy is 6 out of 11
>Medusa trophy is 502 out of 686

The stage select screen could have been from any point.
>>
Where's the video footage?
>>
>>260191065
I completely agree with you OP

If I got footage of the game leaked I totally would use it to make rooster, and add in a couple of fake characters to fuck with people.

Better yet, if I'm believed even to the point where the game comes out, people could spend hours trying to figure out ways to unlock my fake charcter.
Truly I would ascend into godhood of "That kid"
>>
File: 2354657687.png (65 KB, 321x360) Image search: [Google]
2354657687.png
65 KB, 321x360
>>260203069
>tfw I wanted them both playable
>>
File: 1408781142996.png (2 MB, 1340x809) Image search: [Google]
1408781142996.png
2 MB, 1340x809
>>260198047
Don't you find it suspicious that even the Japanese Corocoro magazine doesn't mention Ridley? In a tell-all about stuff we know already, why hide Ridley? Japan doesn't even have hype for Ridley, so why hide it from them?

I'm sorry, but this whole Ridley situation is fucking insane. Anyone denying it and saying it's just like Yellow Devil is delusional.
>>
>>260203069
Might be listed as out of 11 because it's a specific sub-list like in Brawl.
>>
>>260191065
Where did you get the clear version of the roster leak?
>>
>>260203709
No, they just either don't give a shit about him or his model hasn't even been finished or something
>>
>>260200178
are you retarded?
>>
>>260203709

Of course it's not like Yellow Devil. Ridley
was a Brawl boss, so he's special. Meta Ridley will also appear on that stage.
>>
File: 1371154455748.gif (993 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1371154455748.gif
993 KB, 250x250
>>260191065
>wasn't there confirmation that Dr. Mario was just a photoshop job done on an existing Mario model?
>>
>>260204136
We're a little too close to release for him to still not be finished.
>>
>>260191065
Some aspects you may have missed:
http://imgur.com/a/PzeCw

In these leaked images:

1. The Wario trophy is in the exact same pose as the Wario in the roster picture.
2. On the Dark Pit selection picture, right up in the corner above Sonic is Mario, and the picture background for that Mario is also red. Just like the Dr. Mario in the roster leak.

Also, the strange placements can make sense if all the characters haven't been unlocked yet.

Personally, I feel the placements being "strange" is a more reliable assumption to make then "the ESRB are definitely the ones that looked at it, and it definitely had all the characters unlocked"
>>
>>260195967

>Hiding something from ESRB

Best way to get your game banned.
On that note, leaks shouldn't happen with ESRB, so I hope they pay massive amounts of repair damage
>>
>>260191065
>Pac-man

get real
>>
>>260204651
Well you don't have to show them everything, if they did the videos would be hours long. All they need is a general idea of the content in the game and a look at the most mature stuff which is why they have all the close up shots of tits and ass in the trophies. For instance there's no need for them to see Lucas with Ness on the roster since they are pretty much the same.
>>
>>260204651
As long as the characters they are holding back aren't anything that could impact the rating (for example: Snake) it doesn't really matter. They only view the most objectionable content in a game to determine the rating (look at the trophies that were leaked, they all focus on either plot and backstory, or religious references). Also, the ESRB doesn't have the power to ban games, at worst they get pissy at Nintendo and re-rate the game to T.
>>
>>260205025
I wanted Lucas too man, but it's time to let go
>>
>>260204524

The strange character placement was actually one of the things that made me doubt that the roster is not fake. I mean, if I wanted to make a fake roster, I'd put the characters like they've always been and wouldn't change them up to make people call it fake. Placing Lucina, Dr Mario and Dark Pit next to each other is even something I can see Sakurai do, since they are literal clones with the same moveset and that play almost the same as their originals (unlike someone like Ganondorf, who is a Falcon clone, yet plays completely differently). He might emphasize that they are costume clones and are simply bonus characters, because he knows that there are stupid people who think that there are limited slots.

The other thing that made me wary was the thicker black line glitch
>>
>>260205508
I don't care about Lucas I was just using him as an example.
>>
>>260192272
Who's to say the esrb didn't? We know all star mde was locked. Either the roster was being unlocked as the video went on or they were sent a video with some stuff not even they were meant to have footage of, but sill disclosed in a read out.

Since I find the first more likely, they probably gave the kid an image of the incomplete roster. Can we be 100% sure of this? No. However the locked all star mode is proof that the esrb did not have a video with the entire roster unlocked tfor the entire thing.
>>
>>260205025
>>260205393

Don't see why Shulk, Bowser Jr, Duck Hunt and the clones should be on the roster then
>>
>>260204398

We're months away from the Wii U release date. There's plenty of time, and they're probably focused on getting the 3DS game out the door first.
>>
>>260193030
He's most likely redesigned to be a cross between Other M and Brawl Ridley. I don't think he'll be that scary looking. Kids would be happy just to have another cool dragon.

>>260198047
Since the roster wasn't finished and due to how they've been handling Ridley, nobody can say this for sure.
>>
>>260205512
That reasoning doesn't make any sense though going by every other Smash. There's no reason for Yoshi to right in the middle of the Mario characters or for the clones to be separate when they aren't in the others. It looks like how the roster of every Smash looks before all the characters are unlocked, disorganized with some characters being in really odd places.

>>260205825
They happened to be in that build? Who the fuck knows?

>>260205957
They shouldn't still be modeling a boss months out. Games tend to go gold months before release. Usually the time leading up is for balancing and minor stuff, not something major like an important aspect of a stage.
>>
File: 5987192585_50f52ece21[1].jpg (71 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
5987192585_50f52ece21[1].jpg
71 KB, 500x333
>Adds in melee clone vet no one wants back
>does not add in melee original clone vet everyone wants back

At this point you just have to concluded hes fucking with us.
>>
>>260200346
What's great is neither would a fully complete roster from Sakurai. He's never put Yoshi in a position like that.
>>
>>260206248

Well it comes out Holiday Season, which is still 3+ months after the other smash is released. Plus, with the huge team (this one has a big team iirc) who are focused on one game I think it shouldn't be too unbelievable that they can finish the other stuff on the Wii U version afterwards.
>>
If the 3ds version bombs what happens with the wiiu version?
>>
File: Mario_dr.gif (222 KB, 560x431) Image search: [Google]
Mario_dr.gif
222 KB, 560x431
>>260204394
>done on an existing Mario model?

There are still a lot of other things that don't seem right. For instance, in the video where they show Shulk's victory screen, Lucina doesn't move. Like, at all. There is also the fact that the Miis in Multiman Brawl don't have emblems on their back (as seen in the last batch of official screens), "Supersized" being spelled wrong and the trophies being generally off.
>>
>>260195578

These trophy descriptions seem...off, but I'll admit it's been a long time since I've gone through Melee and Brawl's trophies. Does anyone have some pics of that to compare?
>>
>>260206693
I just think that's reaching, especially since it's a stage we've seen in game for over a year now. Plus they at least had him in a state where he could fly and move back in April. I find it really fucking hard to believe that they don't even have a finished model to show by now.
>>
>>260204324
Ridley being a boss is nothing special or surprising thus no reason to not have talked about him by now for how long its been since they teased the shadow. I know you want him a boss and I admit that's all he could be. But you have to admit that with how he's been handled he has a shot to be playable, even if slim.
>>
>>260207016
Some faggot's Photoshop autism is more believable than some faggot that posted pics that later came with in game footage? You some kind of idiot?
>>
>>260206308
>not wanting dr mario
Do you like shit?
>>
>>260207016
delusion at its finest
>>
>>260206308
>I speak for everyone
>>
>>260203724
>686 Kid Icarus Trophies
>>
>>260207916
>>260208050
Before his leak I have not once seen a user from here post a single "I want dr. mario back!"

Now correct me if you will, but normally when zero people are asking for something its a good sign people don't want it.
>>
>>260208263

I wouldn't even be surprised at this point.

But i think he meant it was possible that the barbara pic is from a sublist and medusa isn't.
>>
>>260208263
I believe it.
>>
>>260208263

Yeah seems about right.
>>
>>260208325

TOO BAD ENJOY YOUR WIIFIT TRAINER AND MIIS
>>
>>260208263
But the Medusa screenshot could have been him browsing all the trophies.
>>
>>260208798
I will, they have new movesets at least.
>>
File: Wrong Castle.jpg (13 KB, 250x223) Image search: [Google]
Wrong Castle.jpg
13 KB, 250x223
>>260208798
>people ACTUALLY don't like wiifit and miis.

Do you just hate having fun?
>>
>>260202129

If you asked me, yes. But it'll never happen. Just a fantasy, honestly.
>>
>>260203069
If anything I'm more concerned about Barbara having no description. Since they are meant to have the final build or what not leading me to believe they don't have the full roster for whatever reason.
>>
>>260207130
I don't even think he was flying. It could just be a more controllable float akin to Peach. It was a small passive Ridley shadow that did nothing but float from one side to the other without any scripted motions and then jumped rght before the clip ended.
>>
>>260191065
The way I'm seeing it
>Super Mario characters
In Brawl, Yoshi, Donkey Kong, and Wario were all considered their own franchises. But Yoshi still appears in mainline games. He appears with the rest of the recurring cast of "individual" Super Mario characters (so no Goombas, Toads, Koopa Troopas, etc.). I guess that's also why Wario is haphazardly placed at the end (because he's still a character derived from the Mario series, and has appeared in around 3 mainline games, if Super Mario Land 3 and Super Mario 64 DS are counted). It's also why Donkey Kong is right beneath Mario.
>Donkey Kong
>The Legend of Zelda
>Metroid
>Kid Icarus
>Fire Emblem
>Kirby
>Punch-Out!!
There's only one horizontal space left after Kirby, so it's reasonable placement. Little Mac is also right above R.O.B and two spaces below Mr. Game & Watch, which kinda fits the retro theme (at least if Zero Suit Samus wasn't there).
>Star Fox
>Pokémon
>Duck Hunt
Beside R.O.B., so it kinda fits a retro theme, but if only it could be where Zero Suit Samus is now.
>One-off franchises (MOTHER, F-Zero, Animal Crossing, Wii Fit Trainer, Xenoblade?)
It would make more sense for Shulk to be in the row above with the other one-off franchises.
>Clones
>Third-party characters
Looking at the screen, it seems possible that there are 5 more characters to be shown, and perhaps that will move the characters a little bit.
>>
>>260192272
The ESRB didn't leak it, the guy from Nintendo who edited the video for the ESRB leaked it
>>
>>260209204
ESRB do not require the final version or all content, as long as what isn't shown to them is disclosed. I'd not be surprised if Sakurai planned for a leak and sent esrb footage of only most of the characters.

It's also possible whoever sent that kid some of the leak showed him only a partially unlocked roster.
>>
>>260191065
Am I retarded or can I just not find the portrait to select the Mii?
>>
>>260209204
They don't get a "build" you fucking idiot. They are sent a video of the most offensive, violent and suggestive content. Clearly some of it was taken from non-final code.

This explains why a lot of the images in the imgur album are of trophies' TnA
>>
File: rfbWa3B.png (270 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
rfbWa3B.png
270 KB, 500x375
http://imgur.com/a/4cgoP

I found this. How fake is it?
>>
I support the theory that this is what the 3DS version will launch with, but the Wii U version will have 5 more characters, and the 3DS version will get a free update of those characters.

Nintendo probably didn't want to delay the game anymore, so they sent it off partially unfinished
>>
>>260210292
So it's possible they sent them a video with a roster that lacks the most surprising characters, just in case? Is Sakurai that crafty?
>>
>>260210187
It's not there. The Mii replaces the random icon when customization options are turned on.
>>
>>260210495
Looks super fake, holy shit
>>
>>260191065
I think it would be silly for someone to have access to real pictures and footage, and then photoshop professional looking art in just for giggles, or because he saw the image and thought "hey, it almost looks like that Smashboards leak. Just needs Dr. Mario, here I'll make one."
>>
>>260210586
If NoA felt like the other characters being worked on wouldn't push up the rating, then yes.

But it essentially deconfirms Snake forever
>>
>>260210586
Not necessarily the most surprising but yes, they probably got a video of a build without all the characters.
>>
>>260210187
Mii fighter is not on the character grid, you pick it before the grid appears, at least on 3DS.
>>
>>260210495
>How many times Pikachu made
>Zelda KO?
>>
>>260191065
Holy fuck you guys are the most pathetic, delusional idiots I've ever come across.

Jesus fucking christ, anti-leak fags never cease to amaze me.

>HURR NESS' SHIRT ISN'T SIDEWAYS
>SHULK IS LITERALLY PHOTOSHOPPED LIL MAC
>GAME WATCHER'S HAND IS IN WARIO'S PORTRAIT

>Legitimate fucking gameplay is leaked

>W-well DR. MARIO IS STILL A PHOTOSHOIP, YOSHI IS PLACED WEIRD, IT DOESN'T MEAN ANYTHING

Fuck off.
>>
>>260210553
They'd not launch a game with a mode that requires you wait months before being able to use it. All star mode is locked so we know there's more. Sakurai has also stated he's not thinking about dlc until after release, if at all.
>>
>>260191065
Okay I need to ask...
Where the heck did you get this clear image?
>>
>>260211014
If you read the thread, or at least the OP, you'd see that pretty much everyone believes the leak is real, but is hoping that not all the characters were leaked with it.
>>
>>260195578
>Bowser
>not Koopa
So it's English then? Duck Hunt is the dog and bird?
>>
>>260211349
It's an edit.
>>
>>260210495
>I found this
What you're actually saying is
>I made this
>>
File: Thanks, doc.png (57 KB, 200x266) Image search: [Google]
Thanks, doc.png
57 KB, 200x266
>>260208325
Dr. Mario was my main in Melee, but I was expecting him as a Mario alt., otherwise I would've rooted for him.

He's my guilty pleasure of Smash.
>>
Should we try to get anti-leak fags sent to mental asylums? After all, with their obviously deteriorating mental health, they could be a danger to themselves and everyone around.
>>
>>260211063
I'm talking free update brah.

Clearly he had to rush the game a bit last minute, and Nintendo can't have it be delayed cause they need that holiday dosh
>>
>>260210801
>>260210816
Not trying to start shit and I know it may not happen but still. What reason would they have for not having Ridley and Mewtwo in the esrb video if they happen to be in? I mean this could apply to any character but I care about those two most. Not finished? Balancing? Planning a fail-safe in case of a leak?
>>
>>260211648
>clearly
And free update or not, they are not going to have All-Star Mode locked for fucking months.
>>
File: baby-shocked-face-02.jpg (17 KB, 375x438) Image search: [Google]
baby-shocked-face-02.jpg
17 KB, 375x438
>>260191065
>there are people who think this is real
>>
>>260211607
They're not quite as bad as the people who denied that the Phantom Pain was Metal Gear Solid V.

I remember how bad they were. I'd bet you a couple benjamins that at least 4 people killed themselves over it since they were so fucking wrong
>>
>>260207016
Even if every one of these concerns is true -

we have no idea how old this footage is. It's not public-released, it's a leak of an incomplete game still in development. None of these things make it seem "fake" necessarily, so much as an unfinished beta. The ESRB only needs to see the most extreme content in a game, it doesn't need to be anywhere near completion as long as they don't add in realistic gore or Birthday Suit Samus
>>
>>260191065
IT WAS A FUCKING VIDEO OF A BRAWL HACK. WHEN WILL YOU PEOPLE FUCKING LEARN THIS?!
>>
>>260211704
>Planning a fail-safe in case of a leak?
If they took that into account, this leak wouldn't have happened in the first.
>>
>>260211783
"months"

Wii U version will come out first week of December at the latest. Regardless we will all know next week.
>>
>>260211704
We don't know. Could be they weren't ready, they didn't feel the need to record them, any number of things.
>>
>>260210495
>roy's trophy not in clown car
nope, fake
>>
>>260211648
I know you're talking free update. What I'm saying is if they had to hold back characters and that was all there was, All Star would be unlocked. If it requires the other unlocked characters for all star they wouldn't even be free dlc. They'd just not even have that menu option there if people would have to wait months to use it.
>>
>>260191065
GANONDORF IS STILL A CLONE
>>
>t-the video
>the leak is real
>the video
>nobody seemingly has the video
>>
File: Hypernova2.jpg (346 KB, 560x560) Image search: [Google]
Hypernova2.jpg
346 KB, 560x560
>>260211828
>there are still people who deny it

Are you retarded?
>>
>>260212068
Nintendo took it down. It was on Siliconera
>>
>>260211828
>being this mentally defective
>>
>>260212068
That's because they keep getting DMC'd, kiddo. But here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXAYzq9v-0g
>>
>>260212068
>nobody seemingly has the video
Were you born retarded, or did you have to work at it?
>>
>>260212068
Don't do this to yourself, you'll just end up feeling stupid.

The videos were taken down by nintendo, you can find the information on any video game website. You can probably find the videos if you actually looked for them.

The leak more upsets me than anything. I'm not like you fags. I don't want to know. When I'm playing the game, and I suddenly hear that siren, with the sillhoutte saying a new challenger appears, there's this great feeling of being surprised, and your patience pays off. But now I know.

And that feeling won't be there.
>>
>>260212245
>>260212283
>>260212307
>>260212328

Yeah, nah. That's fake. Good try though.
>>
>>260212006
Oct 3rd to Dec3rd would be two months. So yes, "months".

>>260212012
I think most likely thing is that the true leaker gave that kids brother an image of the unfinished css and maybe just explained the rest of the roster to him.
>>
>>260206902
>3ds smash
>bombing
Nigga, 45 million userbase.
It will sell like hotcakes.
It will do pokemon numbers
>>
>>260212478
Here's the reply you wanted mr. troll
>>
>>260211550
holy fuck, are you me?
Dr. mario was my melee main, and also my guilty pleasure. I felt so bad for liking a mario clone
>>
>>260212478
>hahaha, everyone keeps talking about the videos, but NO ONE HAS THEM! Ha, of course the leak is bullshit idiots
>Videos are posted along with instructions to kill self
>Ha, nice fake videos you tried and failed again kiddie!!!!

Human Trash.
>>
>>260201147
if you cut one of the ice climbers than you've successfully created one of the least interesting characters in the game. The only reason they were ever interesting was because there were two of them. Popo or Nana by themselved would be a boring character with no redeeming qualities.
>>
File: HE TOOK THE BAIT.gif (2 MB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
HE TOOK THE BAIT.gif
2 MB, 480x360
>>260212478
>>
The leak didn't had sexy suit samus.
It's fake.
Samus on a sexy suit is something esrb needs to see.
I only believe the videos and them not even completely.
>>
>>260206308
>implying I didn't want the Doc back
>Implying anyone but genwunners care about Mewtwo
>>
File: 1408564755288.jpg (3 KB, 152x117) Image search: [Google]
1408564755288.jpg
3 KB, 152x117
>>260212810
>tfw everyone is anally ravaged about Dr. Mario returning while I'm excited as hell for my old main

It feels so good, man.
>>
File: smashcomparison.jpg (151 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
smashcomparison.jpg
151 KB, 800x450
>>260212983
>I only believe the videos and them not even completely.
>>
>>260213153
>only 35 challenges

Seriously?
>>
>>260210495
Your math is terrible, dawg
>>
>>260213332
There could be another page. We'll see.
>>
>>260212983
She's right by Samus in the css and the kid who uploaded all this didn't have all of the esrb video.70292
>>
>>260209614
-Here's how to make it work:
-Swap Yoshi with Bowser Jr.
-Replace G&W with Ness. Take the three clones, and push them to the bottom row, leaving the bottom row with one more space.
-Lucas unlock makes the final clone, filling the bottom row. Leaving 5 spaces for the second-bottom row.
-Place G&W on the second-bottom row, on the end, so he sits under R.O.B,
-Fill the remaining 4 spots with the remaining unlockables.
>>
>>260211014
Who are you quoting?
>>
>>260213332
35 BOARDS
There are 42 challenges on that screen.
>>
File: Sakurai_745.jpg (38 KB, 325x277) Image search: [Google]
Sakurai_745.jpg
38 KB, 325x277
>>260213153
>sakurai posting this and the spectator mode this week.

He knows, you guys.
>>
>>260213692

Please learn your multiplication tables.
>>
>>260213516
Gonna get it for this but if the final four unlockables are Ridley, Mewtwo, Impa, and Dixie/K. Rool, it would fix the css completely. The clones could go into their respective franchises and everything.
>>
>>260213816
olol I counted wrong.
>>
>>260213141
Duck hunt is the first game I ever played, of course im maining the doggy.
>>
>>260213692
No, there are 35. 7 rows and 5 columns = 35 challenges.
>>
>>260214029
Yeah I counted 6 columns my bad
>>
>>260213764
Spectator mode was already in a trailer.
>>
Hopefully the challenges are actually just related to the game mode, and there's a board for each one.

I feel like if there was, though, Sakurai would have said so. Oh well.
>>
>>260205653
>All Star WAS unlocked
>just needed to be tapped to make the icon dissapear
>>
File: DIXIIIE.png (33 KB, 139x109) Image search: [Google]
DIXIIIE.png
33 KB, 139x109
>>260213848
>Dixie

I fucking wish. Don't toy with me.
>>
>>260213008
>>260208050
>>260207916
>wanting clones
>>
>>260214370
You don't think that's likely, do you? Has it ever worked like that before?

>>260214395
DK deserves another rep. I'm sure Nintendo and Sakurai feels the same. Best choices are Krool or Dixie. I'd say you've got a good shot of getting her. Maybe even more porn if she makes it in!
>>
File: Dark-Pit.png (180 KB, 445x399) Image search: [Google]
Dark-Pit.png
180 KB, 445x399
>>260214703
Something wrong Anon?
>>
File: 1398301831695.png (95 KB, 500x800) Image search: [Google]
1398301831695.png
95 KB, 500x800
>>260203709
In the famitsu article, they did the same damn thing with Dark Pit"Does he want to join the battle too?". Since there's nothing of mention for Ridley aside from "An enemy in the shadows", this practically confirms Ridley. Allstar mode not being unlocked sets that in stone. I am 100% sure Ridley is going to be playable in super smash bros 4.
>>
>>260214338

>Sakurai

>The guy who kept 2/3 of the content in KIU secret until release

>Including TWO additional whole boards of 120 challenges, for a total of 360 challenges in the game
>>
>>260213153
>two of the same challenges completed on both
>different pictures
WHAT DOES IT MEAN?
>>
>>260215343
What are you talking about? Those are the same pictures, the leak just has yellow exclamation marks over them.
>>
>>260214759
I recall some games being like that for some reason. It was just an interesting idea another anon had.
>>
>>260215581
Nevermind, I'm retarded.
>>
>>260214786
CRASHING THIS PARTY WITH NO SURVIVORS
>>
>>260215219
I think he has a good shot but after 13 years I'm keeping myself catious. I want it far too badly to set myself up for disappointment. I must simply bide my time and wait. Sakurai making sure it took him over a year to tell us what he is with no shadow shit hasn't been fun.
>>
Really hope Sakurai shows us something new that wasn't in the leak. Mewtwo, Ridley, anything. Just as proof that we don't know everything.
>>
>>260217097
>mfw it's Goku
>>
i'm kinda puzzled by shulk
i'm not saying he has no place on the roster but he sticks out like just another edgy fanfic character of a shonen manga

he's not even worthy of the "Mascot" title either

at least we finaly got megaman and pacman in
>>
>>260217523
>he's a Lucario clone
>>
>>260191065
only retards have been spouting that it's the full roster.
>>
>>260200178
that guy needs to be shot for ruining perfectly good threads and reveal trailers
>>
>>260217097
Right there with you. I'm not sure how you personally feel about it, but I actually REALLY like the roster. However, I'm also really hoping that it's not the complete one, and that maybe there's still a surprise or two to come. I shouldn't get my hopes up but I can't help it.
>>
>>260213332
Probably 35 just for that dumb minigame
>>
So wait, is Bowser Jr. a Diddy Dong clone?
>>
>>260217959
Honestly it's not total shit but if Ridley isn't there I'm gonna be a bit disappointed. I mean him just being a boss wouldn't be the problem. It's them having had over a year since they showed off Pyrosphere and four months since the shadow. It's a hell of a long time to pussyfoot around something we've seen him as over 7 times.

If I can't have Ridley then I want Mewtwo in for my friend. That'd make me happy even if I didn't get who I wanted.
>>
>>260218620
That's fair, and understandable. I myself will be really disappointed if Dixie isn't playable. My friend already got the character he wanted though, which was Robin. Although, I know it's stupid but originally I just wanted Dark Pit to be playable in some shape or form. To me it didn't matter if he was a costume or a clone I just wanted him. But yeah, I hope ridley is in as well just for all the Ridley fans.
>>
File: 1328573552691.jpg (85 KB, 300x334) Image search: [Google]
1328573552691.jpg
85 KB, 300x334
I can't believe there are still people who think that the leak is fake.
Just how much more evidence do you even need? Fucking hell...
>>
File: peteyfeet.jpg (634 KB, 1944x1296) Image search: [Google]
peteyfeet.jpg
634 KB, 1944x1296
>>260191316
The difference is that Dr. Mario, Dark Pit, and Lucina aren't just clones. They were planned as alts and became clones later.
>>
>>260219020
He was just a palette swap in brawl. Why he suddenly deserves a slot is beyond me.
>>
>>260192745
>ESRB just wants to see the most suggestive content
Snake's tight ass absolutely deconfirmed.
>>
>>260210495

>Bandana Dee

RIP in peace, buddy.
>>
>>260219020
I'm disappointed that Lucas didn't make it, but I'm glad my girlfriend's main characters made it back. At least she's happy.
>>
>>260219020
You seem like a bro so I'm glad you got Dark Pit. Even if I think he should have been an alt. Tho if Mewtwo and Ridley are in and Dr. Mario and Dark Pit were afterthought roster fillers? All smiles. Still, congrats on your most wanted making it!
>>
>>260219410
Now that's he's an actual separate character, I guess? I don't know, he could have worked as just a costume and I would have been just as happy, so long as he had his voice etc. Either way, he doesn't bother me like others. Originally I didn't like the idea of shulk in the roster at all, but now that I see him in game he actually doesn't look as bad as I thought, so I'm happy for all the shulk fans.
>>
>>260219658
I bet he's a Ness alt. I know it's not the same, but what if they tweeked Ness into a best combo of them both with Lucas as an alt?
>>
>>260219927
Huh. That'd be..really interesting honestly.
I'm curious.
>>
File: dying.jpg (130 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
dying.jpg
130 KB, 1280x720
>had all summer mostly free
>just want to play new smash bros
>weeks before release are dragging on like hell
>nothing to do but talk about leaks and shit
>>
>>260219927
Yeah and Lucas' moveset can be edited in using the move customization?
>>
>>260219748
Thanks! I really hope it works out like this.

>>260219658
I'm actually also disappointed that Lucas didn't make it. I never played him much but I did like him being there. Especially, when you consider that there are already so many clones why did they have to get rid of Lucas? Even if he is a little different,
>>
>>260219927
I'm sure with customization, the supposed Koopaling alts (and the Alph alts for Olimar apparently), and the fact that Lucina was going to be an alt in the first place, we can suspect that Lucas and maybe Wolf have good chances of being alts.
>>
I really hope we get a Ninten alt for Ness finally.
>>
>>260219410
Did Dark Pit even exist when Brawl was made? He was only in Uprising, right?
>>
>>260219410
filtered homeboy
>>
>>260220454
I'd love that!
I've been trying to find one on BrawlVault for ages, but nobody seems to be able to get the colors of his shirt right.
>>
>>260219886
Fuck Shulk, if we were going to get another effeminate, girly sword-swinger it should have been Issac. No one knows who the fuck Shulk is and fans have been asking for Issac since Melee.
>>
>>260220491
Yeah he started as just a Pit alt and didn't become an actual character until Uprising.
>>
>>260220221
Yeah that's what I was thinking. Best smashes from both into one, alt moves are their differences from Brawl. 4 Ness costumes, 4 Lucas. Would take the same dev time as one character without exactly cutting the other.
>>
>>260220601

Haha, I rarely see Isaac fans. Usually it's just one really loud outspoken one.
>>
>>260220707
Mainly because Mother barely has any representation here
He introduces a new character last game, then gets rid of him now.

It's just weird to me, and it's going to feel weird if lucas doesn't make it.
>>
>>260192745
Note that Zero Suit Samus' workout clothes were only revealed after the leaker got their footage.
I think[/spoilre]
>>
>>260220383
Yeah I expect Wolf to be a Fox alt. It may not be what some fans want but if they can customize him into more like Wolf and he still has the announcer calling his name and his own voice, would it be so bad?

Plus if that's the case there's less cuts than I initially thought, sort of, which makes me happy. I never even used Lucas or Wolf, but I felt bad people may be losing their mains.
>>
File: 1406246060550.png (32 KB, 847x599) Image search: [Google]
1406246060550.png
32 KB, 847x599
>>260215219
EVEN NOW THERE IS HOPE FOR RIDLEY
>>
>>260220601
>yfw he's a Shulk alt
>>
File: Bueno.gif (430 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
Bueno.gif
430 KB, 320x240
>>260212134
>>260212286
>being this desperate
>>
>>260192272
>But why on earth would they send ESRB an incomplete roster
no need for other characters they weren't something the esrb would be looking for
>>
>>260199871
spyro was only ever in those gba games
>>
>>260222276

No he wasn't.
>>
>>260191316
>create roster
>looks fine, character placements perfect, no series being split up
>have 3 empty spots at the end though
>add in 3 clones but don't want to mess up the layout
???
>>
>>260221690
>desperate
Says the guy denying video proof.

>LALALALALA I CAN'T HEAR YOU!!
>>
>>260222662
>Add 3 clones
>They mess up the perfect character placement
???
>>
You know what's insane is G&W is way out of place, yet no one mentions that. I think this is an incomplete roster in the leak. PEople will fill in the spots correctly when it's full.
>>
>>260223014
OP's pic is done by someone else attempting to make a high quality version of the leak CSS.
>>
>>260204524
africa has the most players online, niggers must have stole it.
>>
File: Toon Derp.jpg (62 KB, 600x476) Image search: [Google]
Toon Derp.jpg
62 KB, 600x476
>>260212068

But they have the videos anon: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCfy7fpAU1E
>>
>>260223142
The placement is still the same though.

>>260223014
Probably because Yoshi and the clones stick out more.
>>
>>260222662
But the mario series is split by yoshi, and theres ways the clones could have been implemented while still keeping the roster organised. Besides, if they just toss in the 3 clones at the end does that not kind of mess up the layout anyway? The clone placement is weird to me too. It doesn't mean the leak is fake, or that there are more characters to be unlocked (however I think and hope there is), it could really just be that the roster isn't perfectly unorganized, however unlikely that is.
>>
>>260222662
I think they were added specifically to make the layout perfect. Ridley, Mewtwo, Dixie, Impa plus putting the clones where they belong fixes the whole thing.
>>
I couldn't see it posted in this thread, but can someone please post the all-stars being locked screenshot? Just wanted to show a friend but I don't have it saved on this pc.

Btw what was the origin/source for that All-Stars being locked picture? Was that with the other leaks? I never got to see the 7 videos, just the Bowser Jr fight and screenshots of trophies and other menus.
>>
File: tumblr_navhq6F2Hh1s8ouhxo1_400.png (144 KB, 335x207) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_navhq6F2Hh1s8ouhxo1_400.png
144 KB, 335x207
>>260223469
here man
>>
>>260223469
imgur.com/a/PzeCw

Random imgur link nobody really knows who uploaded it
>>
>>260223354
Didn't those extra characters come from some unconfirmed source?

I would murder for all of those characters but I don't want to get my hopes up
>>
>>260223354
Those could all be clones aside from mewtwo.
Which would put us at 6, and make them all on the sides next to their bases like they were in melee.
>>
>>260215219
>>260203709
You guys are the reason why people hate the Smash fanbase.
Well, you and meleefags.
>>
File: 1402781191209.png (89 KB, 281x301) Image search: [Google]
1402781191209.png
89 KB, 281x301
>>260191065
It bothers me how Lucina isn't by the Fire Emblem characters, Dark Pit isn't by the Kid Icarus characters, Dr. Mario and Bowser Jr. aren't by the Mario Characters, etc.
Bothers me enough to the point where I still think it's fake
>>
File: leel.png (374 KB, 498x577) Image search: [Google]
leel.png
374 KB, 498x577
when ridley, Dixie, mewtwo, and impa are added, the roster really does form together a bit better, but we're still missing another character, mostly just with slides too. The last spot could have a few possibities. Chorus boys or mach rider maybe?
>>
>>260212006
"please understand"
>>
>>260224178
My guess is wolf
>>
>>260205825
>Shulk
Not sure exactly either, possibly because of his weapons? If he has spoken dialogue that could be it too
>Bowser Jr.
He uses a variety of weapons including canonballs. ERSB would likely need to know if characters being shot was too realistic
>Duck Hunt
Possible animal cruelty if violence against Duck Hunt is too realistic.
And as a bonus since you forgot him
>Dr. Mario
If he keeps his regular B then references to drugs need to be sorted out.
>>
>>260212307
fuck you
>>
>>260224178
Such bullshit we'll get a fucking Diddy clone and not K.Rool just so Sakurai can pass it off as a DK rep
>>
>>260223802
It came from a leak weeks before the major one and got Bowser jr. down to a tee as well as DHD Dark Pit Dr Mario and Shulk.

Now someone came out and said they never mentioned those last few, but it took them a month to bring it up? When the leaks started to get Nintendos attention due to being real? Seems fishy.

Obviously don't get your hopes up too high or at all, but it is possible.
>>
File: 1390576301038.gif (109 KB, 700x567) Image search: [Google]
1390576301038.gif
109 KB, 700x567
>>260224118
Thats not nice Anon, please do not bully those with faith in Purple Space Dragons.
>>
>>260224368
I think it's because shulk's source game has guns in it, and they have to make sure he doesn't use any just in case.
>>
>>260191065
>6 spots left
Just enough space for Ridley!
>>
>>260224560
Fuck off dipshit, he's not playable.
>>
File: 1408397910191.jpg (66 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1408397910191.jpg
66 KB, 500x375
>>260224560
>mfw he's a charizard clone
>>
File: Chorus Kids.png (23 KB, 475x415) Image search: [Google]
Chorus Kids.png
23 KB, 475x415
Hope these guys make it in.
>>
>>260215219
just because the all star mode was locked doesnt mean there are more characters to unlock. I want ridley and mewtwo just as much as the next fan, but it isnt happening. The leak came from an ESRB video, NOT A DEMO, and the ESRB requires companies to show them all of the characters in games like this.
>>
>>260224351
seems possible. Put wolf with the spacies, that just moves little mac to the bottom row with other retro characters, seems appropriate. Also this is pprobably fake, but...
>http://imgur.com/a/4cgoP
>>
>>260224036
Holy shit you're right. I don't want Ridley to be a Charizard clone but fuck it, I'd take just for them giving a shit to add him. Mewtwo a retooled clone of Lucario? As long as you could bring back their old moves through customising.
>>
>>260224860
not all the content, just the problematic stuff. Check their site.
>>
>>260191065
There's 49 slots right now.

If this were the final roster, they would have just arranged it in a 7x7 square instead of this weird inverse mound thing.
>>
>>260225028
52. Don't forget the Mii Fighters
>>
>>260224178
Shulk by FE reps, move Lil mac to the bottom, Ice Climber/s. An entire row of classic characters on the bottom.
>>
>>260225028
same could be said for melee, though. 25 characters, inverse mound
>>
>>260225152
They replace the random slot.
>>
>>260191065

I just hope I can main as Hank Hill or Dale Gribble.
>>
>>260225250
I thought he meant just fighters in general. Not "slots" on the menu.
>>
File: 1404512463012.png (139 KB, 354x357) Image search: [Google]
1404512463012.png
139 KB, 354x357
>>260224178
>when ridley, Dixie, mewtwo, and impa are added
>>
>>260225349
Maybe. I'm dumb as shit, so it might go either way,
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 68

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.