[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Sakurai removes Meta Knight's gliding ability >and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 104
>Sakurai removes Meta Knight's gliding ability
>and gives it to...
>>
>>257766613
Pit
>>
Just stop.

Ridley is a stage hazard on Pyrosphere. I would say it's pretty open before, but after this was posted it's pretty much done.
>>
>>257766837
Confirmed to not be able to glide since the Smash Direct.
>>
>>257766613
>haha look mom, memes!
>>
>>257767172
I'm not a Ridleyfag, but why does that image prove he's not in?
>>
>>257767751
the hole in the back. it's where he bursts out of in other M
>>
>>257767751
It's the Final Destination version of Pyrosphere.

People claimed the stage hazard was rising lava like the other Metroid stages, but as you can see there's still lava there even on the FD version, proving that lava can't be the stage hazard, and it's gotta be the big guy in SSB for Wii U.
>>
>>257767751
>ut why does that image prove he's not in?
It doesn't.
>>
Also not a Ridleyfag. There are two Ridleys, I'd buy it if they're both in in someway.
>>
>>257767172
>Ridley is a stage hazard on Pyrosphere.
Got any proof?
>>
I'm just assuming Ridleyfags are all joking or baiting. There's no way people actually think he's in at this point.
>>
>>257768307
You been asleep?
http://youtu.be/7xUWnQu2Grs?t=7m16s
>>
>>257766613
I thought gliding as a mechanic was out in general?
>>
>>257768096
How doesn't it?
No, it's not explicitly spelled out but there's simply nothing else it could be.

>>257768405
Like I said, before that FD lava pic I could see how people could still think that he may very well not be the stage hazard and be playable. But at this point I just don't get it.
>>
File: image.jpg (113 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
113 KB, 1280x800
I recently found out one of the worst people I know happens to be a Ridleyfag.

Coincidence?

I don't think this nigga even plays Metroid
>>
>>257768469
So no proof then?
>>
>>257769079
I guess not, loser.
>>
>>257769295
>loser
What? I just wanted to see confirmation instead of speculation.
>>
>>257768609
but isn't the point of FD levels NOT having stage hazards? so why would nor having the rising lava mean Ridley would be a stage hazard?
again, not even hoping Ridley is in, I just don't see how that proves anything
>>
>>257766613
Gliding is cut altogether broski

Stop reaching
>>
>>257769516
> Sakurai says there are bosses on other stages while showing Ridley's silhouette on Pyrosphere.
>Not proof.
I get Sakurai's a troll, but the best you can hope for is that both Ridleys are in the game.
>>
>>257769594
If the lava was the stage hazard it wouldn't still be flowing.
>>
>>257769761
If it were as simple as Ridley being the boss on Pyrosphere then we would know already like with the other bosses. He's being coy for a reason. What that reason is I can't say, but saying theres any confirmation on Ridley's role in Smash 4 is incorrect.
>>
>>257767172
Toon Link disappears from the train level if you play as him.

Not a ridleyfag, but your argument is invalid because of fucking Toon Link.
>>
>>257769761
The fact that he doesn't actually show Ridley is extremely significant.
>>
Man, this thread is getting desparate.
>>
>>257770167
>Toon Link disappears from the train level if you play as him.
He's not a boss hazard.
>>
>>257767957
Wow that is actually the biggest de-confirmation of Ridley i've heard and it makes the most sense
>>
>>257766613
Too big
>>
>>257767172
How is it done? All because a lava animation is still there on Pyrosphere doesn't mean shit. How about the fact the holes that Ridley supposedly makes to enter the arena still being there in the FD version? Or the possibility that you can have an FD version of a stage with hazards, just not in For Glory mode? Lava being a hazard could still be an issue too, there being an animation of it doesn't change anything.

His chances are good as they were before: uncertain. With how coy they're being with him and not just giving Ridley the same treatment every other deconfirmed character he still has a shot.

Friendly Remind: Palutenas model was fully shown as a statue, and the text following it implied that "The goddess of light" would watch over the combatants. More or less implying she was not playable. Guess who they announced at E3? So all because something is implied as something else doesn't mean anything. Oh, him not stating Palutena by name also falls in line with how Ridleys being treated. Now I know some of you will say "Well he ain'ts been said Bill Cosbys name a hyuck!" Bill Cosby hasn't been teased, either. Both Palutena and Ridley have been, however.
>>
>>257769809
maybe it just doesn't rise high enough from the bottom of the stage to be a stage hazard
they can still have aesthetic features in FD stages you know
>>
>>257766613
Gliding was removed from the game entirely you stupid fuck.
>>
>>257771182
>Palutenas model was fully shown as a statue, and the text following it implied that "The goddess of light" would watch over the combatants. More or less implying she was not playable.
Except no, because he didn't actually show Palutena herself, she was one of the most likely additions given Uprising, and just because something modeled after a character is a part of the stage doesn't mean said character won't be in; see the Battleship Halberd.
>>
File: 41acHubJqNL[1].jpg (18 KB, 250x354) Image search: [Google]
41acHubJqNL[1].jpg
18 KB, 250x354
>people honestly think he wont be a stage boss
>>
>>257767172
I remember someone pointing out that those containers could be a stage hazard
>>
>>257766613
NEVER EVER.
>>
>>257766613
No one since Pit doesn't have it either
>>
>>257769516

The stage has a hole in the back, which is where Ridley enters in Other M. Which apparently no one here has played.

It's not concrete, but seeing as we've only seen Ridley (as a shadow) in Pyrosphere, it makes sense.
>>
>>257771182
Spirit Tracks Link and Wind Waker Link are separate characters
Palutena is not a statue, and she's a goddess so her being omnipresent in her own temple makes sense
There's only one Ridley, Other M was just a different look for the same character
>>
>>257771479
Point still stands. Here entire model was shown before her reveal. Ridley gets a shadow and an implication and it's all over? OH but Palutena gets her entired body model shown, implied to just watch over people fighting, and doesn't even get a name drop... but she's totally in because it's not Ridley so we can't take it at face value. Right.

>>257771315
True but I'd wager Ridley would have a float much like Peach. Only his float animation would be his wings flapping. Not really flight, but similar enough.

>>257771498
>People actually think an entire year of no Ridley information, 4 months with no pic of the day discussing his "boss" status, and no clarification from Sakurai about a lot of peoples confusion on his status isn't weird at all.
>Even though Prince Sables confusion was cleared up in less than an hour.

Come on man. Maybe he won't be in but it's easy to see why people think he has a shot.
>>
>>257771795
Interesting speculation. Also it's where Ridley exits in Other M. Not enters for the record.
>>
Meta Knight has Ridley's wings. Wingless ridley means he's going to be that baby lizard version from other M assuming he gets in at all
>>
>>257771802
Other M Ridely is a clone that was made of the shit on samus' suit like the metroids
>>
>>257768609
>How doesn't it?

Lava showing up on the FD stage doesn't prove shit. Have you ever just considered that the stage *gasp* doesn't have hazards? Or the lava flows in the background but it doesn't rise in the FD version? There are possibilities left.
>>
>>257771802
There are two Ridleys. It's just that both aren't alive at the same time.
>>
>>257772006

Name one reason why Sakurai would ever need to discuss Ridley specifically.
>>
>>257766613

Pit and Charizard had their glides taken too moron
>>
>>257771802
>There's only one Ridley.

Well no, theres the first Ridley who appears in Metroid, Metroid Prime, Metroid Prime 3 and Super Metroid in that order. There's his robot effigy who shows up in Zero Mission. There's the clone of him that is present in Other M. And final theres the X virus mutated duplicate of Ridley created from absorbing the corpse of the clone of Ridley.

Why do people who argue against Ridley always know fucking nothing about Metroid?
>>
File: objection.jpg (8 KB, 279x181) Image search: [Google]
objection.jpg
8 KB, 279x181
>>257767172
>>257767751
>>257767957
>>257767968

OBJECTION

If this is the Final Destination version of the stage, then there is no stage hazard at all.

Is that whole in the normal version of the stage, too?
>>
>>257772482
>and given to...
>>
>>257771795
Well I guess you didn't play Other M either. Ridley didn't enter through that hole. He exited through it. The hole wasn't there either until he left, because he had already been inside there from unknown means before you enter.

So if the hole is there before he makes it to exit in the FD version, I'm sure you can put the pieces together. Don't believe me, go ahead and look it up on youtube. The hole isn't there until Ridley leaves. Don't argue shit if you're only reason for doing so is to try and ruin somebodies hope that their character is playable unless your facts are straight. Thanks.
>>
>>257772549
>whole

hole*
>>
>>257772549
This is the biggest one I could find. The only difference seems to be the platforms.
>>
>>257772070
>>257772352
>>257772491
Wow, really? The evidence just seems to keep piling up, as much as I'm convinced Ridley is a boss. There doesn't seem to be any real concrete evidence, and plenty of stuff that happened to other characters to imply the same is happening to him.

And excuse me for not playing Other M.
>>
>>257772807

The hole is clearly in the back, you asshole
>>
>>257770282
>this deserpate
>>
>>257772918
>>257773009
Wait, I just got what you meant. I wasn't arguing that the hole wasn't there, I was just looking for a reference for the thread. I specifically looked for one with the hole in the back showing.
>>
File: ddd.png (2 MB, 1277x711) Image search: [Google]
ddd.png
2 MB, 1277x711
HE. IS. A. STAGE. BOSS.
you fucking ridley ags are the most cancerous shit stains on the smash bros fanbase, you delude yourselves into thinking an ugly space lizard deserves to be a playable character. and why? because metroid, a series with only one notable character somehow deserves another rep? just look at this image, its as clear as day your precious ridley is going to be a stage boss. nothing more. its all he's good or and all he ever will be. now shut your bitchy mouths about him being in smash and get over it. and while your at it, hang yourselves or believing in such ridiculous bullshit, sakurai will never add him and its going to stay that way untill the end.
>>
>>257772390
Name one reason he'd have to discuss anything from the direct specifically.

Name one reason why Ridley was the only thing he hasn't spoken of directly from the direct.

Name one reason why every other thing that some fans have felt confusing has Sakurai commented on or Nintendo, except for Ridley?

If Ridley isn't special by any means then why is he getting this weird special treatment? You don't have a reason because the only one that makes sense is one you don't want to admit is at least possible.

>>257772549
Yes, the hole that Ridley exits through during Other M is in both the FD and the normal version.
>>
File: last one out is a stage boss.webm (716 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
last one out is a stage boss.webm
716 KB, 1280x720
filename
>>
>>257773379
Do you have to put that much space in between all your asshurt? It's an eyesore.
>>
>>257773358
You assume he's a stage hazard due to a shadow (which is tiny, by the way) and an implication from Sakurai. You could very well be right, too. I'll still hope he's on the roster though. Hope that doesn't twist your tatas too badly, Anon. Keep getting angry over people wanting something in a party game. I'm sure it'll help you later in life.
>>
File: ridley fags.webm (3 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
ridley fags.webm
3 MB, 480x270
OH BOY MEMELEY? I LOVE MEMELEY
>>
File: 1376322887693.gif (2 MB, 390x277) Image search: [Google]
1376322887693.gif
2 MB, 390x277
>>257773358
>HE. IS. A. STAGE. BOSS.
>now shut your bitchy mouths

Of all the Anons in this thread, I want to see your tears the most.
>>
>>257767968
>People claimed the stage hazard was rising lava like the other Metroid stages, but as you can see there's still lava there even on the FD version, proving that lava can't be the stage hazard, and it's gotta be the big guy in SSB for Wii U.
That proves nothing, it could just be cosmetic in the FD version.

I'm not even a ridley fag.
>>
There's pretty much no reason for Sakurai to take this long to show him off. If he was a stage boss he would have appeared in a POTD or one of the trailers/Directs by now. Either Ridley is playable, or Sakurai is delusional enough to think that a stage boss warrants this much suspense.
>>
>>257773569
You can see his wing in that picture as well.
>>
>>257766613
It's annoying how Ridleyfags constantly make these threads and then play victim all the time. These people are so fucking annoying
>>
>>257773379
Because Sakurai is cheeky, he likes to tease, and t is not hard to put two and two together.
>Talks about boss characteres, subtitles say that other boss characters show up, shows an obvious Ridley silhouette.
>>
>>257773826
That's actually his tail tip passing in front of the camera, which don't forget, is zoomed extremely far in.
>>
>>257773910
>Sakurai likes pulling tricks and teasing
>that's why you should take him exactly at face value
>>
>>257773970
Unfortunately, that Tail tip proves that Hazard Ridley is Other:M Ridley.
I kind of want the Original Ridley to be playable just so he's represented over the clone.
>>
>>257772006
There was other supporting evidence for Palutena's inclusion, such as Pit's final smash no longer involving Palutena, and lest we forget Kid Icarus is Sakurai's baby. Ridley doesn't have this same kind of support.
>>
File: 78a7c1ab02tf2_spy_jpg[1].jpg (15 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
78a7c1ab02tf2_spy_jpg[1].jpg
15 KB, 400x400
You guys aren't thinking of this from a business perspective. Sakurai only pushes characters to promote games Nintendo wants promoted, or to expose a large playerbase to potential characters they may be interested in. They may as well name it Super Advertising Bros.

>probable Punch-Out sequel
>very probable Animal Crossing rehash
>Fire Emblem prominent in Japan, but not the U.S. yet
>Pokemon is Pokemon
>Megaman license held by Nintendo
>Namco working with Nintendo to sell games (potential new Pacman titles, etc.)
>Sakurai pushing Kid Icarus like smack
>Nintendo pushing Rosalina like smack

They already reminded us Metroid exists with Naked Samus. There is no reason whatsoever to make Ridley playable, just like there is no reason to make K. Rool, Mewtwo, Simon Belmont or any other irrelevant shit playable. There's nothing to sell with those characters.
>>
File: Daily Remember.gif (652 KB, 450x120) Image search: [Google]
Daily Remember.gif
652 KB, 450x120
>>257766613
Anthony Higgs
>>
>>257773910
He's never teased something that didn't have a positive outcome to those that care. In this instance he's teasing Ridley, and to him those that care are the people who want playable characters. As much as you want to paint him as a malicious /v/-tier tearsfag, he isn't.
>>
Gliding as a mechanic has been cut. God damn did no one watch the direct?
>>
Why do we still have Ridley threads for fucks sake
Is this shit all a giant meme or did people really not fucking understand the direct by such a huge margin
>>
>>257774221
>This is his final smash
420/10
>>
>>257774210

Then where's the Ice Climbers or F-Zero sequels?
>>
File: no time to pray.png (97 KB, 187x189) Image search: [Google]
no time to pray.png
97 KB, 187x189
>>257773379
>omission of information is "special treatment"

You must think you're the most "special" guy in the world when you aren't mentioned by name at presidential speeches.
>>
I'm glad Meta Knight's back and all, but I need me some newcomer and stage reveals

Come on Sakurai I need this I'm too spoiled now
>>
>>257774210
>Sakurai only pushes characters to promote games Nintendo wants promoted, or to expose a large playerbase to potential characters they may be interested in.

>who is ROB
>>
>>257774308
Yes it's a meme and people keep replying because they're fucking stupid.
>>
>>257774301
Yeah, this. If you're going by the Direct footage he doesn't even glide, he has a float like Peach's.
>>
File: Ridley.png (46 KB, 428x395) Image search: [Google]
Ridley.png
46 KB, 428x395
>>257773816
Yellow Devil had a full year's worth of "suspense". You seem to be unclear on something. I'm sure you're about to say "b-but everyone knew he was a stage hazard just based on his appearance". Guess what mate, Sakurai literally explicitly said Ridley would be a stage boss when he teased him. There is no suspense. There shouldn't be any suspense. As far as Sakurai is concerned, the fanbase is just waiting to see what the full boss will look like.
>>
>>257774110
>>257774110
>>257774224
>Says ZSS isn't returning
>Says just kidding literally three seconds later

>Shows Yellow Devil's lower half in Mega Man's trailer
>Clarifies shortly afterwards

>Shows a Mii with a Meta Knight mask
>Shows off the real Meta Knight two days later

The thing is with Sakurai's "ruses" is that they quickly resolve themselves. It's not a ruse; Ridley is just not in.
>>
>>257774210
ROB
Ice Climbers
Captain Falcon
Fox, Falco, Wolf
Snake
Game n Watch
Ness, Lucas
Lil Mac

None of these have any games coming out soon, haven't in forever, had one like 4 years ago, or won't be having any any time soon. Not saying this is a good thing, but promoting games is not the only reason for addition to Smash.

Why people think they can cite the criteria for getting into Smash like they know or are Sakurai is beyond me.
>>
>>257774382

Both of those titles have made really frequent appearances in the online store.

>>257774432

Fun Fact: Nintendo still constructs ROB and sells it as a piece of novelty merchandise, like Game & Watch machines.
>>
http://youtu.be/tjjIm2EBY50
>>
>>257774619
There was a pretty long delay for Palutena being shown as just a statue. And for 'UNTIL NOW' back during Brawl.
>>
>>257774382

IC were a Retro Character and are now in by veteran status combined with the fact they are retro. Its possible Ice Climbers will get the uprising treatment but that probably won't be for awhile if its the case. I don't understand the F-Zero comment, Falcon has been in since 64, there's no chance of him leaving. Obviously there won't be any more F-Zero games, but he'll remain in Smash because of he's iconic and a smash veteran.
>>
>>257774574
>Sakurai literally explicitly said Ridley would be a stage boss when he teased him.

>literally explicitly

Why lie?
>>
>>257774619
No, he clearly states when something is not playable if people are confused. He has yet to do this with Ridley. By your logic he must be in then, right?

>Prince Sable
>Oops sorry guys you're all confused he is assist trophy ok.

>Ridley
>Oh so many confused I better not say shit for four months.
>>
>>257774224
>He's never teased something that didn't have a positive outcome to those that care.
I'm pretty sure Sakurai can't even conceive of how psychotic Ridley's fanbase has become. As far as he's concerned, this is a *good thing*. A positive outcome. Ridley is getting a rather large appearance in the game, larger than any assist trophy or smash run boss. He doesn't know that you want to bomb his office over this shit.
>>
>>257774574
>Yellow Devil had a full year's worth of "suspense".
>immediately shown in motion when he was revealed
>meanwhile Ridley has a shadow and "OTHER BOSS APPEARANCES" when he could have done the exact same thing as Yellow Devil

You're retarded m8.
>>
>>257774382
Captain Falcon and the Ice Climbers are the protagonists of their games and only representatives in Smash as playable characters.

Metroid has not just Samus, but Zero Suit Samus as playable characters. Ridley is not the protagonist in Metroid games, he's a boss, and a really important one at that, which is why he now appears as a boss in Smash as well.

>>257774432
A representative of Nintendo's hardware history just like Mr. Game & Watch is.
>>
>>257774395
It is when everything else has been stated by name and discussed directly. Guess who else wasn't stated by name? Palutena. Guess where she ended up?
>>
File: anime & manga plays dota 2.jpg (34 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
anime & manga plays dota 2.jpg
34 KB, 640x360
>>257774857
>Ridley's very obvious shadow on screen while he discusses stage bosses

>"durrrh wut culd he b???/"
>>
>>257774801
>Other boss character appearances
>>
>>257774801

he fucking flies by as it says "BOSS CHARACTER APPEARANCES"

you either

A) are baiting
B) lack common sense and comprehension
C) are just completely dead set on deluding yourself that Sakurai is playing some kind of huge trick and he's actually playable
>>
>>257774574
>Yellow Devil had a full year's worth of "suspense
June 2013 through December 2013 is a "full year"?

>Sakurai literally explicitly said Ridley would be a stage boss when he teased him
No?
>>
>Sakurai thought it was a good idea to have characters glide in a Smash game, where the entire point is to knock people outside far so they can't recover easily
>It took him up until now to realize how stupid that was

I still wonder why most of you praise him. The man is a trainwreck when it comes to implementing game mechanics and he's stubborn enough to never admit he fucked up badly.

I'll also bet you any money that Meta Knight will still be a broken mess that rapes the entire cast.
>>
>>257774224
Saying he likes to tease was not the best example, but anyways he does expect people to be smart about a situation. A lot of people though the Prince of Sable was playable because Sakurai never said he was an assist trophy yet it is fairly obvious that he is not playable. Could Ridley be playbale, it's possible but it is fairly obvious that he is not.
>>
>>257773379

>You don't have a reason because the only one that makes sense is one you don't want to admit is at least possible.

This is an accurate statement to describe most Ridley-deniers.
>>
>>257774965
Ever notice how whenever people say
>NEVER EVER
it winds up not being true and the thing does wind up happening?

I'm no Ridleyfriend but you're not exactly helping your case by using that phrase.
>>
>>257774574
>Sakurai literally explicitly said Ridley would be a stage boss when he teased him
Except that is literally nor explicitly what he said.
>>
File: 1402454886384.jpg (215 KB, 1503x854) Image search: [Google]
1402454886384.jpg
215 KB, 1503x854
>>257774965
NEVER EVER GIVE UP!
>>
>>257775090
>>
>>257775085
>>257775082
>>257775070

You seem to be thick enough to think that we don't understand the obvious association going on here.

You're also thick enough to not understand the ambiguity that remains.
>>
>>257775070
>Toon Link isn't shown for months
>this means it's just a stage prop
>>
File: rip in peace golden face.jpg (33 KB, 250x409) Image search: [Google]
rip in peace golden face.jpg
33 KB, 250x409
>>257774965
Yea because that worked out so well last time.
>>
File: leave it to me.jpg (92 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
leave it to me.jpg
92 KB, 1024x768
>>257770167
>>257770609

He's got it covered
>>
>>257775165
I really like this meme.
>>
>>257775237
Desperate Ridleyfags should not be calling others thick.
>>
>>257775224
>Shows Ridley
>>
>>257775152

>>257775237
>the ambiguity that remains.
There is none
>>
>>257775165
Don't believe in yourself. Believe in me, who believes in Ridley deconfirmation
>>
>>257774857
Nobody is confused, just delusional as fuck
>>
>>257775152

Fuck, I don't even think he's even said the word "Ridley" since Smash 4 was revealed at all.
>>
>>257775131
It's not obvious anything. It was obvious that Sable was an assist, yes. Yet he went and curbed the confusion because he doesn't like people getting the wrong idea about a situation. Yet he hasn't said a word about Ridley when it's obvious there is confusion.
>>
>>257775224
Link me the miiverse post, then. You can with YD and Dark Emperor, right?
>>
File: C-COULD IT BE.jpg (27 KB, 326x311) Image search: [Google]
C-COULD IT BE.jpg
27 KB, 326x311
C-COULD IT BE???
>>
File: kerfuffle.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
kerfuffle.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>257773675

>Ridley descends from above the stage
>hovers for several seconds
>flies back up

>people think a character with five solid seconds of flight hangtime can make it into smash

Logic really doesn't appeal to Ridleyfags.
>>
>>257775456
He hasn't.
>>
>>257775434
Delusional, confused, there's still speculation. Doesn't matter if you hate the fanbase, if you want to drink tears, in Sakurais position when something is unclear to people he comes out and clears the air. He has yet to do so for Ridley, and only for Ridley.
>>
>257775237

Yes anon. Sakurai, between the direct and pics of the day, is playing a huge elaborate ruse to to maybe sort of imply a character barely anyone cares about from a franchise that's effectively dead might be playable. Not the other possibility, that you know, he's just a fucking boss like last time.
>>
File: ?THAT FEEL WHEN?.png (130 KB, 674x500) Image search: [Google]
?THAT FEEL WHEN?.png
130 KB, 674x500
>>257775509
>That Rosalina and Luma
>>
>>257773569
Anon, the image is talking about boss characters on a Metroid stage showing of the shadow of said boss character of that stage.

If it isn't Ridley, please redirect me to some other boss that flies and casts a huge shadow similar to Ridley.
>>
>>257775509
Like Pit?
>>
>>257773675
>Acceptance
10/10
>>
>>257775070
Do you know what a red herring is? Did you believe Ness was cut in Brawl because of Until now? That Toon Link and Palutena were not playable because they were stage props? I'm sure you'll just pass these all off as nothing but they're most certainly valid points.
>>
File: image.jpg (33 KB, 336x334) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33 KB, 336x334
>>257774574
>mfw I post that
>>
>>257773816
It's simple. He isn't ready to be shown off yet. It's also the reason as to why we haven't seen Dark Pit on the Palutena stage.
>>
>>257775781
meta ridley

you can see the tip of the wing in the video, it's grey, not purple

ridley is in
>>
File: Ridley.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Ridley.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
>>257775464
>Link me the miiverse post, then.
I can do you one better. Sakurai made an entire 30 minute video, remember?
>>
>can apparently fly for over seven seconds
balance
>>
>>257775876
"Until now" was a translation error. You get the other two.
>>
>>257775924
Is he cosplaying as chie?
>>
>Implying Sakurai cares about Ridley
His boss in SSBB was a literal reskin of Dynablade. Go back and check, it's true.
>>
>>257775972
>THAT STIFF AS FUCK MOVEMENT
Stage Hazard confirmed.
>>
>>257775965
It's the tip of the tail. It's Other:M Ridley's tail.
>>
>>257775954
Why show the "waves" of the item catching Fox, then?

>>257775972
Can you post the miiverse post with him naming and showing Ridley, though?
>>
>>257775784

>Like Pit?

Pit doesn't fly that long.
>>
>>257775972
>people think this shadow is of a playable character
>shadow itself is three times the size of Pikachu
>no other playable character constantly hovers
>"boss character" in big bold text beneath him
>>
>>257775876
>Did you believe Ness was cut in Brawl because of Until now?
Did you seriously believe that that was intentional and not a problem of wording/translation
>>
>>257775876
>Palutena statue in a temple dedicated to her meant she was deconfirmed
That is pretty stupid man.
>>
>>257776113
I don't know that meme.
>>
>>257775781
He didn't say that stage has a boss character appearance at all. He just mentioned it coyly while showing the stage.

He didn't even say that the flyer was a boss character.

He didn't say that the flyer was Ridley (although that part is debated by nobody).

All these things are being assumed.
>>
This is truly the meme that never ends.
Can we send the ridleyfags to [s4s] and contain them there with the rest of the cancer?
>>
>>257775085
You know what red herring and white lie is, right? These aren't some new age ideas either, they've been around for some time.
>>
>>257775784
Did he really fly that long in Brawl? Either way, he doesn't fly so good now and it's safe to say Sakurai's done with it.
>>
>>257776168
>Can you post the miiverse post
Why though? Who doesn't the Direct count? Was the rest of it a big lie too?
>>
File: dEul4Tz.png (355 KB, 1024x529) Image search: [Google]
dEul4Tz.png
355 KB, 1024x529
>>257775965
It's Other M's Ridley model.
>>
>>257775972
LOOK AT THE MOVEMENT
LOOK AT HOW THE SHADOW MOVES
THAT SHIT IS NOT PLAYABLE AND YOU KNOW IT
>>
File: 1405602260406.jpg (57 KB, 636x338) Image search: [Google]
1405602260406.jpg
57 KB, 636x338
>>257766613
Palutena, his new favorite child
>>
Where the hell are you faggots getting the idea that gliding has been removed altogether? Sakurai said the glide at the end of metaknights up special had been removed, not the entire mechanic
Fucking retards
>>
>>257776423
>he doesn't fly so good now
Why would someone shoot an angel before throwing him out of a plane?
>>
>>257776539
That's really obviously not scripted movement.
>>
File: ss+(2014-08-13+at+05.10.05).png (14 KB, 353x112) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2014-08-13+at+05.10.05).png
14 KB, 353x112
I came here to talk about how unlikely Ridley is but I think I've received a sign.

It's happening
>>
>>257776602
I get it. Nice impression of what Ridleyfags sound like.
>>
>>257776554
that's not brawl gliding
that's falling with style
>>
>>257776602
WATCH
THE
DIRECT
>>
File: 1400900378326.png (763 KB, 864x486) Image search: [Google]
1400900378326.png
763 KB, 864x486
>>257774940
>large appearance
About that.
>>
>>257776423
>he doesn't fly so good
Was saying this phrase part of your plan?
>>
>>257776016
It was not, actually. Japanese version said the same thing.
>>
>>257776638

He's got a lotta loyalty for a newcomer.
>>
Robin
>>
>>257776113
>not remember the Drake and Josh episode where Drake played one of Josh's videogames and became obsess with a character named Chie, calling her his 'waifu' and rejecting all of the real girls who wanted to date him
>>
File: MM.jpg (95 KB, 523x515) Image search: [Google]
MM.jpg
95 KB, 523x515
>>257776446
Dunno, but you keep not posting Sakurai naming and showing him.
Like this.
>>
>>257775784
Yeah, considering he doesn't do that anymore. They've gone out of their way to demonstrate that they've removed the ability to fly or glide from characters that previously had it in Brawl.

And people are saying that a giant boss character who was shown flying for an extended period of time during a segment about boss characters is not only playable but features a gimmick that was explicitly removed.
>>
>>257776554
Fuck, I hate SHAFT's design of Palutena. Sakura should have Madhouse animate that smash trailer, or something.
>>
>>257776602
>not the entire mechanic
But he HAS removed gliding. In Brawl, Charizard, Pit and Metaknight could all do it. It's gone now.

Do note, people are talking about the special mechanic that let those character glide like without using any jumps. Metaknight's shuttle loop glide is also gone, and though it functioned identically when it came to controls, it wasn't strictly part of the gliding mechanic.
>>
>>257776016
Nope, said the exact same thing in moon. Look it up if you don't believe it, or translate it yourself, it was most certainly intended.
>>
>He didn't explicitly say he wasn't a fighter, so he might be a fighter!
It's not like he might be yanking on the collective chains of the ridleyfags or anything.
No, he would never do anything like that.
>>
>>257776830
>Characters announced on the website are fighters
There's no Ridley here.
>>
>>257776738
Are you really thick or just pretending to be
>>
>>257766613
>and gives it to...
Fucking nobody, Sakurai removed gliding altogether because it made it way too easy to recover
>>
>>257777081
There's no G&W and IC either.
>>
>>257776738

This reminds me of those /fit/ threads where posters use bullshit trigonometry to prove that posters are 4 feet tall.
>>
>>257777078
He definitely is.

The point is that he's yanking everyone's chains.
>>
>>257777078
I agree, he would never do that.

I can believe Sakurai could inadvertently lead people on, but he never fucks with people maliciously. /v/ gets asshurt over shit like the Takamaru update, but that's seriously light-hearted and was up-front about disconfirming him.
>>
File: 1407863059278.jpg (87 KB, 820x764) Image search: [Google]
1407863059278.jpg
87 KB, 820x764
>>257776738
Where does it say a boss character has to be huge?
>>
>thinking movesets/abilities are taken away and given to others
in b4 some faggot thinks Sheik's grenades are the same as Snake's
>>
Sakurai, please reveal the Ridley stage hazard. End this madness. No one wants Other M Ridley to be playable anyway.
>>
>>257776695
Yeah, because flying to one spot, hovering there for a few seconds, and then flying away is definitely not something a flying boss would do and is in no way scripted.

It's not like both forms of Ridley did that in Brawl, or anything.
>>
>>257777395
He definitely is not.
This entire meme, and it is a meme, has been based on the fact he was a bit coy about it when Ridley showed up when they were talking about stage hazards.
The joke has gone on for way, way too long.
>>
>>257775509
He didn't fly down or up, he came in from the right side and went left. You know another character that can stay in the air for a long ass time? Princess Peach

Before you retort with:
>but the shadow would have changed size if it was descending like Peach!
Shadows in Smash stay 1:1 the size of the character regardless of distance from the light source. Ridleys floating animation would make sense to be him flapping his wings, and he's also seen jumping at the last second of the clip in the video. Looked similar to Charizards jump, actually.
>>
When Ridley gets confirmed you guys are going to be so mad and I'm going to love it
>>
>>257777615
Shieks grenades are closer to Zamus' side B. And Megaman's down Smash is like Squirtle Up Smash.
>>
>>257777663
That's right.
>>
File: ridleyfans.jpg (196 KB, 608x455) Image search: [Google]
ridleyfans.jpg
196 KB, 608x455
Every thread the denial gets stronger.
And the worse part? When the game releases and Ridley isn't in it, people will shitpost for years about how much the roster sucks because he's not a character.
>>
>>257767957
Except Ridley doesn't burst out of a hole in Other M, he's already in the area and makes his entrance by rising up from below the platform. That hole is the one he makes when escaping Samus after the fight.

There is no 100% conclusive proof either way of Ridley's role. It's been more than a year and Sakurai has still not shown him in full or even mentioned his name. If he was nothing but a stage hazard he'd have been shown as one by now, especially when every single other stage has had their hazards shown and described.
>>
>>257775689
Yeah dude Sakurai is totally taking an entire year to wait and show off a boss that nobody would be surprised to see as a boss because he's totally an epic dick and stuff and he's just waiting for le ebicopalypse boss reveal!
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (14 KB, 353x112) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
14 KB, 353x112
>>257776698

shut the fuck up you idiot
>>
>>257777772
>The joke has gone on for way, way too long.

You were one of those guys who thought people were only pretending to enjoy horse show as a joke, right?

>ha ha, okay guys, that was fun
>wait, why are you still talking about it? i-it was just a joke g-guys
>>
>>257778014
I would do that if I was him. We deserve it.
>>
>>257778014
>Yeah dude Sakurai is totally taking an entire year to wait and show off a boss
Just like the last one, yeah
>>
>>257777615
It happened for Soulcalibur. They added Kratos in the PSP game Broken Destiny, then for SCV gave a lot of his moves to Lizardman. That's why Lizardman spontaneously grows wings in SCV, they're the Wings of Icarus from God of War.

>but what does that have to do with Smash???
Namco-Bandai.
>>
>>257777863
I'd say the denial on the detractors side is just as strong. He could be playable or just a boss. The detractors just don't see the hypocrisy that's staring them in the face.
>>
I'd like to see a 3v1 mode where everyone tries to beat a player-controlled boss like Master Hand, Giga Bowser, Ridley, etc. It would be an interesting change of pace and allow for lots of otherwise novelty characters to be playable.
>>
Gliding's been removed for every character

Sakurai said during the Direct
>>
File: 1401229767686.png (151 KB, 208x326) Image search: [Google]
1401229767686.png
151 KB, 208x326
>>257777616
It will never end. If he's deconfirmed, Ridleyfags will burst out sperging, anti-Ridleyfags will use the ebin btfo maymay, then it will be wishing for Ridley to be playable in the next game.
>>
>>257778014

Sakurai thinks people will be legit excited about Ridley being a stage hazard. That's all there is to it.
>>
>>257778130
Oh, a boss was teased for a year before it was revealed? Please enlighten me with actual dates.
>>
>>257778253
D L C
>>
>>257776738
Ridley is skinny as fuck, of course a top-down shadow would be narrow
look at the size of his fucking wings though
and the fact that the tip of his tail was the size of fucking pikachu
>>
>>257778360
Nintendo is too retarded to do that.
>>
>>257778171
What about a 4v1 mode where the boss player uses the Gamepad?
>>
File: That Asswoe.jpg (3 KB, 300x57) Image search: [Google]
That Asswoe.jpg
3 KB, 300x57
>>257776698
Nope
>>
>>257775972
>Other boss apearances
>Shows pikachu

RED'S PIKACHU COMFIRMED FOR BOSS
PIKACHUFAGS BLOW THE FUCK OUT
>>
>>257777773
>A heavy character taller and thicker than Bowser with Peach mobility
That is too broken. Why would want that, why would you think that it is balanced in anyway. Everyone would hate him and ban him. What would be the point of a having character like that to begin with
>>
>>257778360
>D L C
I'm sure a lot of fanbases will beg for that, but Ridley obviously can't be DLC if he's a boss.
>>
>>257778431
The tip of his tail wasn't the size of Pikachu, it was right in front of the camera. Do you run around screaming that giant alien thumbs are attacking when you accidentally take a photo with your thumb in the way? Wings are irrelevant, they're in the z-axis and not important to hit or hurtboxes unless using them to attack. Next.
>>
>>257778130
10 months, actually, and the difference is that Yellow Devil would never have been playable anyway. For one, third parties get one playable character each. For two, we saw Yellow Devil in the flesh at the end of Mega Man's trailer, not a shadow. For three, Yellow Devil had several PotDs between the trailer and the Direct with characters interacting with him. And the same goes for the other boss hazards and stage hazards in general.

Ridley? Not even a name drop. Four seconds of a herky-jerky manlet shadow that does nothing and two offhand remarks in more than a year.
>>
Even if Ridley is playable, it'll be his awful Other M design. No matter what, Ridleyfags lose.
>>
>>257778593
He's not heavy, he's quite light actually. He's strong but easy to KO. A glass canon. You need to balance being in the air for max damage but have to land eventually, and since he's not as strong or fast on land as in the air he's easier to ko. It's a very give and take character.
>>
>>257778667
We already talked about this. Other M Ridley can be a boss if the Original Ridley is something else. There are two Ridleys.
>>
>>257778303
>talks about how surprised he was at Ridley's popularity and demand to be PLAYABLE after Brawl was made
>"Hurr all these people like Ridley, i wonder why, maybe they like him being a hazard, I'll do that again, hyuk hyuk!"

I don't know what's worse, your stupidity level or your assumption that Sakurai is as stupid as you are.
>>
>>257778667
No actually they don't. The tail is Other Ms but the body is lanky and not bulky at all. No duckbill either so it looks more like traditional Ridley. He's a composite Ridley.
>>
File: dixie-kong-spin.gif (4 KB, 100x100) Image search: [Google]
dixie-kong-spin.gif
4 KB, 100x100
>>257766613

Dixie Kong
>>
>>257778952
but people use OM ridley to show that he could be playable
SM ridley is too skinny, even PM couldn't do anything with him
>>
File: retard.png (101 KB, 187x277) Image search: [Google]
retard.png
101 KB, 187x277
>>257778162
>I'd say the denial on the detractors side is just as strong.

This is the face of denial.
>Evidence for Ridley being playable: Absolutely none
>Evidence for Ridley being a stage boss: Specifically shown in the portion of the Direct dedicated to stage bosses, Pyrosphere having a stage boss has been hinted at since the initial Miiverse announcement, Pyrosphere being the same location where you fight the Ridley boss in Other M, was a boss in the previous Smash Bros game
>>
>>257778627
>they're in the z-axis and not important
Sorry to break it to you but giant fucking wings that would take up a fuck ton of space and be very fucking distracting
>>
>>257779152
Yes I'm sure that a bunch of totally awesome epic hackers who aren't professionals and have a large team of programmers are the be all end all regarding Ridley and if he can work.
>>
>>257778873
The air game is very important in Smash Bros. Its is more important than the ground game. That is why little mac is balanced, He is always at a disadvantage. The Ridley you described, not so much. Since every characters air game has been weakened in this game due to landing lag. Ridley will always be at advantage over everyone else. Unless his jumping animation is super slow. Landing will never be an issue for him
>>
File: 1393551554212.png (695 KB, 1280x578) Image search: [Google]
1393551554212.png
695 KB, 1280x578
>>257779152
This is true. Classic Ridley is rather too long-limbed and lanky to work well as a playable character. Other M Ridley has far better proportions.

Plus Sakurai tends to use the same look for all of the reps from a franchise, barring Toon Link. If Ridley is playable he'll be Other M Ridley or a composite that looks a lot like MOM Ridley to match Samus and Pyrosphere.
>>
File: Pyrosphere FD.png (2 MB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
Pyrosphere FD.png
2 MB, 1366x768
>>257767172
lemme clear this up.

Pyrosphere is teased all the time, but we can't play on it and Sakurai says fucking nothing about it.

So an anon kept his eyes peeled and was looking for a hint of Ridley in ANY of the pics of the day.

Found shit.

Also found the FD version wasn't shown.

then came april and he snapped Pic Related.

Lack of a lava flow seemed interesting as this was the "No hazard no item for glory" mode.

the theory was that Rising lava was the hazard, if there was a hazard.

but then >>257767172 was posted as a for glory shot as well on the website, the HD version leaked in a press release package.

the problem is that even in the "old" and new versions of the no fun variation, the holes are still there.

Why not have him bust out of them? Surely a simple poof cloud could cover the debris and be the transition between two textures.

I mean, many of the stages flat out change from one version to another, why slack on what Sakurai seems to feel is one of his favorite stages?
>>
File: 1359409747091.jpg (14 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1359409747091.jpg
14 KB, 250x250
>>257779152
>SM ridley is too skinny, even PM couldn't do anything with him
Is that what this is about? PMfags upset at the idea their hacked mod isn't as versatile as an entire team of actual developers with their own, non-stolen game?
>>
>>257779323
>Specifically shown
Wrong already. His shadow was teased, nothing was specifically shown. Please argue correctly if you intend to argue at all.

You're also ignoring how different Ridley is being handled compared to every other single thing in Smash. Next.
>>
File: Yellow devil confirmed.png (2 MB, 2151x968) Image search: [Google]
Yellow devil confirmed.png
2 MB, 2151x968
>>257778320
What do I win

>>257778631
>the difference is that Yellow Devil would never have been playable anyway.
I can literally reach out and touch the irony hanging in the air
>>
File: Metroid_ridley.jpg (11 KB, 228x195) Image search: [Google]
Metroid_ridley.jpg
11 KB, 228x195
>>257779437
Shrink them down to the 2-D Ridleys' proportions.

Problem solved.
>>
>>257779323
All your evidence for him being a stage boss is just evidence that Sakurai is fucking with us.
>>
>>257779628
I'm saying, these guys managed to bring back Mewtwo and recreate all of his animations, but for them, Ridley is too big.
>>
>>257778952

They're the same character. They are not going to make two Ridleys, that is retarded.
>>
>>257779789
>they can copy what the game already did, but they can't actually create something new
No shit?
>>
>>257779653
>You're also ignoring how different Ridley is being handled compared to every other single thing in Smash. Next.

Absence of evidence isn't evidence you retard.
>>
>>257779768
yeah but guess what
the wings on the shadow don't look shrunken down at all
they are still fucking gigantic when you look at how far they expand (even from the top-down point of view we see them in) and how fucking massive they would be on a model
>>
>>257779614
Because if Ridley is a stage hazard boss, he's going to be going in and out of that hole multiple times over a long match. Having the hole he goes through always be there makes it always the same deal: he comes out the hole, he goes back in the hole.
>>
>>257779767
Of course you'd ignore everything else I said in order to make a dipshit quip.
>>
File: Mystery_Creature.png (926 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Mystery_Creature.png
926 KB, 1280x720
Ridley is in but there is a hook
>>
>Meta Ridley: "SKREEEE!" ("Leave it to me!")
>>
>>257779767
i like how he's visible in the teaser
>>
>>257778984

He's a game developer. He's proud of his work and excited to show off what his game has to offer. He is not bound by fan demands for a character who is too large to work.
>>
>>257779941
Either way, my original point is that Super Metroid Ridley is too skinny, so if anyone's going to be the stage boss, it's him. OM Ridley is his only way of getting in as a playable character.
>>
>>257778952
Yet they bothered to replace Toon Link with Alphonse when Toon Link is playing despite there being many Toon Links
>>
>>257775509
>Lucario
Perfect
>>
>>257778069
Liking ponies is one thing, but going on and on about something because of Sakurai being coy is another entirely.
>>
>>257780052
>>
>>257779789
A lot of coding for Mewtwo was left in Brawl from development.
>>
>>257779901
I agree. Hell, the original point is identifying Other M Ridley in the Direct video and saying "looking at this footage, I think he's playable", it doesn't make any sense to wind your argument back to "well that's BOSS Ridley, not PLAYABLE Ridley"
>>
>>257780052
Yes, and completely immobile as well as dropping down from the sky and 3x as large as Bowser.

It was always obvious that he was shown as a stage boss/hazard/whatever.

And it's not like Sakurai would think Ridley as a stage boss is a huge deal. He was in boss run already.
>>
>>257779767
Dear faggot.

We got a full view of the Yellow Devil on July 1st, 2013.
>>
>>257779776
>All your evidence for him being a stage boss is just evidence that Sakurai is fucking with us.

Ridleyfags, ladies and gentlemen:
Sad pathetic fucks in denial latching onto crazy conspiracy theories.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 104

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.