[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I really really wish Wii U had a unified trophy system like the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 9
File: gammasquadbadmiiverse1.jpg (139 KB, 650x330) Image search: [Google]
gammasquadbadmiiverse1.jpg
139 KB, 650x330
I really really wish Wii U had a unified trophy system like the PS and Xbox.

Collecting trophies is really fun for me, because I get to do things and challenges I wouldn't normally do in games (or even think about sometimes), they vastly increase the longevity of games, and also, you'll be able to browse your list of trophies and reminisce on all the fun times and compare yours to other people's lists. It's not about showing everyone online that you did shit in games for me.

Nintendo games should really benefit from trophies that give you an incentive to master the mechanics of the games, as they always lack in actual rewards for 100% completion anyway. At least with trophies you'd get something.
>>
>I hate my family

that's what happens when you buy your child a wii u.
>>
>trophies as a reward
>not extra characters, costumes, moves and game modes
Literally what's wrong with the industry at the moment.
>>
>>257716204
When was the last time a Nintendo game had ANYTHING as a reward for completion? At least trophies will remain there forever for you to look at.
>>
>>257716204
Agreed. Games used to actually unlock more content when I completed obscure and difficult tasks, not just make an annoying ding sound. Some still do, like TW101.

>>257716302
TW101
>>
So glad there's no trophies on the Wii U.
>>
FUCK NO
WE ARE BEYOND THE USEFULNESS OF THIS SHIT, YOU PUT THIS IN.L AND DEVS CUT COLLECTABLES AND UNLOCKABLES. FUCK OFF AND DIE.
>>
>>257716204
Kirby's Air Ride was actually probably the first game with achievements
>>
Trophies are shit and useless.
>>
>>257716967
there are times where I wonder how much time these devs think about those achievements in that game.
>>
>>257716401

Not him but 101 is technically not a NIntendo game, and it simply follows Kamiya's style of doing things.
>>
System-wide achievement systems don't have any advantages over in-game achievement systems, which many Nintendo games have.
>>
>>257716302
Trophies are getting so ridiculous I'd rather they remove it.
>trophy for logging into the game
>trophy for dying x number of times
>trophy for unlocking all the trophies
>>
>>257716864

Achievements are the same as a completition % on the save file. Collectibles are (unfortunately as they are usually tedious trash) are still there and unlockables died due to DLC.
>>
>>257717283
how is it not a Nintendo game?

they own the IP
>>
File: Checklist_(Air_Ride).png (66 KB, 637x478) Image search: [Google]
Checklist_(Air_Ride).png
66 KB, 637x478
>>257716967
Best achievement system. I wish other devs besides Sakurai would use it.
>>
>>257716302
Nintendo games usually give you unlocks and icons on your file or something. Why do you consider that less meaningful than a digital trophy? Because you don't auto-flaunt it? Post on Miiverse if you want your friends to see it.
>>
>>257717486

It's not internally developed.
>>
>>257715806
>I really really wish Wii U had a unified trophy system like the PS and Xbox.

I'm really happy it doesn't.

And I'm really unhappy with Miiverse letting people "collect" Yeahs like they do. It's become nothing but a popularity contest for 14-year-old girls.
>>
>>257717636
But they removed the Yeah totals ages ago.
>>
>>257715806
>trophies

Sorry OP, but this is a +18 board.
>>
File: dupre.jpg (20 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
dupre.jpg
20 KB, 256x256
>>257717486

Well, it wasn't made by anyone employed by Nintendo for one, and two we're unlikely to ever see a sequel due to sales so Nintendo owning the IP is completely irrelevant.
>>
>>257717694
The totals, sure, but not thw yeah counters on idividual posts, the "yeahs given" or the "total followers".
>>
File: omegascreen4.png (3 KB, 256x240) Image search: [Google]
omegascreen4.png
3 KB, 256x240
>People pretend worthless bragging right rewards haven't been around forever.
>>
>>257717301
The advantage is that you can look at all of them in a neat list and that you can compare yours with other people's. In game achievements are exclusive to their own game and you can't see other people's achievements.

I don't know why all of you fucks are so against them, even when it comes with Nintendo trophies wouldn't remove anything when it comes to in-game rewards as the game have none of them anyway.
>>
>>257717707
The were on conmminsion contract while making it, so that's almost the same as employment.
And quite many Nintendo games never see sequels.

Plus, they can re-release it some day, like they do with a lot of their old trash that didn't necessarily sell all that well at the time.
>>
What's wrong with having your video gaming feats documented in a system wide internet accessible list?
>>
>Mass Effect 1 achievements give little bonuses that carry over into other files.
>No one else ever does anything like this ever

why
>>
>>257718565
Meh, a lot of game do that. Some of the last games I played that have this system are TLOU (trophies give you money to purchase alternate outfits and other shit, also the in-game list of things that give you money is longer than the actual trophy list), Catherine (they unlock music for the bar), and FFXIII series (they unlock XMB themes).
>>
>>257718324
Advantages to system-wide
>I can look at my friends lists more easily (even though it could be implemented even with in-game achievements)

Advantages to in-game
>popups aren't generic, match the aesthetics of the game
>lists aren't generic, match the aesthetics of the game, can be set up in interesting ways (see: Sakurai achievement walls)
>aren't forced to be in every game, so when they do appear they're usually good and half-assed "you beat level one" style achievements rarely appear
>>
>>257718878
>>popups aren't generic, match the aesthetics of the game
No big deal, really.

>>lists aren't generic, match the aesthetics of the game, can be set up in interesting ways (see: Sakurai achievement walls)

Only if you look at them in the system menu. In game many games use their own lists for trophies. Depends on how lazy the devs are.

>>aren't forced to be in every game, so when they do appear they're usually good and half-assed "you beat level one" style achievements rarely appear

They should be forced to be on every game. For each one of those "you beat level one" trophies you have 10 creative or challenge ones (unless you're playing a lazily developed game).

System wide is the best way to do trophies simply because of how easy it is to look at your own and other people's lists. Also system wide are eternal and will stay there until the company is kill (and even then they will be archived somewhere, for PSN there's psnprofiles for example).
>>
>>257718878

>lists aren't generic, match the aesthetics of the game, can be set up in interesting ways (see: Sakurai achievement walls)

That can be done even with system wide achievement -- for example the aforementioned Mass Effect.
>>
There is really no reason for Nintendo to not have them. If you don't like them, on PS and Xbox you can disable the notifications and then it's just a matter of ignoring the trophy icon on the xmb.

Nintendo is beng lazy and bad at online as usual. They preferred to have a system wide social network for retarded children and pedos instead of something actually useful and enjoyable.
>>
Literally the miiverse ruins the whole system for me with all the censorship shit and the autistic nigger mods. It's just another reason why Nintendo can't appeal to adults instead Of kids.
>>
>>257719646
>I'm not allowed to say nigger on miiverse fuck nintendo those assholes
>>
File: Bkjto5aCYAA2JSH.jpg (22 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
Bkjto5aCYAA2JSH.jpg
22 KB, 600x450
>>257719762
Not him but miiverse is literally the worst "social thing" I've ever seen. There's much more wrong with it than censorship because muh innocent children userbase.

Not to mention, kids are far more prone to getting moderated and posting shit than adults anyway.
>>
>>257715806
fuck off achievement fag, nobody likes you.
>>
>>257716302
The Mii Plaza games give you hats for beating them.
>>
You people act like games didn't start keeping track of your meaningless tasks for the sole purpose of bragging rights and self aggrandizement until recently. That's what trophies and achievements are for, part of the world wide dick waving contest this is gaming. It's like in the old days when you would try to shit all over someone's high score in a game. People are always gonna find a way to get uber competitive over games, might as well let them keep track of that e-peen. A trophy system on the Wii U would be a nice thing. IIRC, Sonic Lost World had something like that.
>>
>>257720835
*that is gaming. Fuck, I hate typos.
>>
>>257716302
The game you posted
>Rosalina becomes unlocked
>Super hard extra level for 100% completion
>>
>>257716302
The golden kart parts in Mario Kart 8?
The Pokemon Master's diploma for catching 'em all?
Mario's sweet-ass Hawaiian shirt in Sunshine?
The Bowser boards in Mario Parties?

I can go on.
>>
>>257716302

Confirmed for never playing a Nintendo game holy shit
>>
>>257715806
Is funny you say this because 3D world has a lot of collectables
>>
also, trophies and in game completion items can be in a game at the same time, you know?
It's not like you have to have one or the other in a game.
>>
File: Smoking goose.jpg (74 KB, 380x385) Image search: [Google]
Smoking goose.jpg
74 KB, 380x385
>Ever giving a shit about these things

I can't remember the last time I deliberately went for an achievement on Steam.

Anyway, I'm getting my brother a Wii U, name me some games for 4 players that are decent fun, aside from the obvious mario kart and smash bros.

Any cool single players for a 8 years old are welcome as well.

Thanks brehs.
>>
>>257716302
And then there's THIS guy.
>>
>>257715806
other than dick waving with friends what purpose do trophies give
>>
>>257716302
what? they always have some. you always get some shit for beating the game.
costumes, harder modes, extra games, characters, etc.
>>
>>257719476
>useful and enjoyable
>>
i want really quirky trophies if they do set them up, like being the only player to get the flag in a level with 3 other players or something. stuff that you could theoretically cheat to get but would be far more fun to just attempt on your own
>>
>>257715806
>It's not about showing everyone online that you did shit in games for me.

Well then why does it need to be a unified system instead of option shit the devs can throw into a menu?
>>
>>257721467
Mario 3D World, Tropical Dong, Game & Wario (Pictionary if you must do multiplayer,) Mario/Luigi U
>>
>>257720054
Avoid the youtube community
There, problem fixed
>>
>>257721467
Wii Party U

It's like old Mario Party, before the car bullshit, plus some extra modes.

Rayman Legends and Nintendo Land are good too (Nintendo Land remains fun for a surprising amount of time, especially the Metroid shooter)

I guess you can get Hyrule Warriors when it comes out.
>>
>>257721270
Some of my favourite Ninty games have nothing that rewards you for completion, or just small things that don't really matter any more than trophies.

Pikmin 1&2 have literally nothing, Zelda games have nothing for 100% heart piece completion (they have useless "infinite rupees" for skulltullas or the ghosts in TP, which is worthless), Super Mario 64 has 99 lives (worthless) and some sparkles when you jump (do they do anything? I still don't know), Mario Sunshine has some crappy wallpaper at the end and I am pretty sure you get the shirt and the sunglasses after finishing the game once anyway (again pretty useless rewards), Luigi's Mansion on GC has different endings but no rewards for unlocking them, the list goes on and on and on.

I don't have a Wii U but I plan on getting one soon.
>>
What's wrong with in-game achievements? Metroid Prime 3 had them.
>>
>>257721775
>Avoid Miiverse completely

ftfy
>>
>>257722030
There is nothing wrong with any achievement. All I'm saying is that they should be system wide and internet accessible for all, and of course mandatory for all games since every game will have a trophy for something challenging.
>>
>>257722154
Why
>>
I would be lying if I said I wouldn't enjoy a trophy/achievement system in the WiiU but it's fine without it.

Honestly my only real complaint is the Miiverse on both the 3DS and WiiU - I'd much rather have a standard friends list and messaging system then that thing. Hell, even if they just took the friends list out of Miiverse so I'd never have to open it.
>>
>>257722372
I pop in on Miiverse every once in a while, because the guys over 18 actually draw some real cool shit.
>>
File: 1406548328821[1].png (2 MB, 1280x1313) Image search: [Google]
1406548328821[1].png
2 MB, 1280x1313
>that feel when finally popping that one hard as shit platinum in a game you love (see Ninja Gaiden, Wipeout HD, DeS, Catherine, Yakuza 3, Rayman Origins, Bayonetta, MGR, etc)

You casual nintenbabies will never understand.
>>
File: records_view.php.jpg (91 KB, 778x584) Image search: [Google]
records_view.php.jpg
91 KB, 778x584
>>257722917
>Not having everything turn to gold once you 100% it.
>>
File: 360.jpg (65 KB, 376x183) Image search: [Google]
360.jpg
65 KB, 376x183
>>
>>257723253
>purple blocks missing
faaaag
I did every Kirby Air Ride challenge without using those
>>
>>257721205

>The Pokemon Master's diploma for catching 'em all?

> Mario's sweet-ass Hawaiian shirt in Sunshine?

it was ok but still fuck sunshine for having no reward for 100% completion, never 100% that game, never will
>>
>There are grown men who want a "You did it sticker" to show the whole world.

Do you still ask your doctor to give you a sticker after you get a shot or get your blood drawn for a blood test?
>>
>>257716302
The game you JUST posted has a full post game with 4 extra worlds.

And an extra stage for 100% completion.
Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.