[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>87 hours 56 minutes Good God, this is the longest video game
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 6
File: Shin_Megami_Tensei_Persona_4.jpg (166 KB, 256x362) Image search: [Google]
Shin_Megami_Tensei_Persona_4.jpg
166 KB, 256x362
>87 hours 56 minutes
Good God, this is the longest video game I have ever finished.
>>
File: TgaOlLC.png (147 KB, 931x256) Image search: [Google]
TgaOlLC.png
147 KB, 931x256
>not playing bad rats for 10000 hours
>>
>Dragon Quest VII
>MINIMUM 125-hour game.

Get on my level.
>>
>>255522050
Gameplay gets old 10 hours in, this is the worst part.
>>
>>255522050
In reality you only played 20 hours since the other 67 were spent watching cutscenes.
>>
Dragon quest 7 is long as fuck too.
>>
i'm pretty sure i've hit times like that on every final fantasy apart from maybe xiii

definitely went wayyyy over that on x and xii
>>
100 on Persona 4, about 90 on Nocturne, 220 on MHFU, and possibly over 100 on Final Fantasy Tactics. I think i had a lot of time on Valkyrie Profile and FF7 too.
>>
>>255524653
This.
Most of the game is spent just goofing about in the hub of the world. It's still fun though
>>
>>255525050

a lot more fun than the dungeons anyway
>>
150+ hours in BG2 is probably mine
even when i replay it i still end up spending 120+ hours finishing it, cant help but do everything
>>
>Strange Journey
>95 hrs
>>
Depends if you're talking main story or side shit, it's easy to break 100 hours doing optional content on a lot of JRPGs but the story is lucky to break 60 hours.

I'm 74 hours into P3FES but some of that was spent idling.

Whats a good 3DS JRPG I can sink a shit load of time into? I have Tales of the Abyss.
>>
>>255524653
>you played the game but you weren't really playing the game
Yes I know movies aren't games but I still think the VN-like portions are video games since they have choices which are right/wrong and actually have noticeable effects on later events, either the social links or the plot.
>>
Play some DQ, nigga. You don't even know long.
>>
>>255525337
RF4 is the definition of a time sink
>>
>>255525337
Try Bravely Default it plays similar to old FF
>>
>>255525673
and region locked.
>>
>>255525497
Most Dragon Quest games are pretty average length for JRPG's, though. Don't think a single one up to 6 takes more than 40 hours to beat.
>>
>>255525303
45 hours master race here. Don't tell me you wasted 30 hours grinding for that fucking bullshit final boss.
>>
>>255525337
Bravely Default, ignore what you heard about HALF THE GAME IS REPEATS, you can do those sections in half an hour and the first half is the best JRPG in recent years.

Rune Factory 4 and Etrian Odyssey 4 if you don't mind things that aren't necessarily jrpgs but are massive timesinks, loads of fun, and have the requisite combat, waifus, and good music that you're probably looking for.
>>
Holy shit OP, I'm sure I beat that game in half the time.

I usually only rack up 100 hours on games if I play them more than once. Fire Emblem Awakening is going to hit 100 soon and I think I hit it for Persona 3 as well. Also I've got that on numerous Pokemon ga,es.
>>
>>255523830
266 hours in two weeks
>>
I think the longest I've ever spent on one playthrough was nearly 150 hours on The Last Remnant.

P4 took me about 70.
>>
>>255525303
im almost done with that game and only have around 65 hours in. fucking Mem Aleph is to strong i don't know what im suppose to do... do i have to do 30 more hours of grinding...
>>
>>255525912
>Rune Factory 4
>EO4
>Not jrpgs
>>
>>255525912
>ignore what you heard about HALF THE GAME IS REPEATS
Fuck off shill.
Don't buy this piece of shit >>255525337.
>>
>>255526273
>farm sim
>dungeon crawler
RF is debatable but EO series has always been a dungeon crawler.
>>
SMT games are almost always incredibly long, for better or worse.
>>
>>255526069
Mem Aleph is perhaps the only boss in all of SMT in which the answer is to grind to fuse stronger demons. No amount of tactics will guarantee survival against her cheap attacks.
>>
>>255526069
Well, if you are desperate then do this:

1. Eat all those fucking incenses.
2. Get an armor that gives you NULL Mudo
3. Get shiva if you have enough autism to grind to level 91
4. Do the metal dragon sidequest to give you the ring that revives you once per battle
5. Let your demons do the work for you
6. Hope you saved chakra pots and massive healing shit
>>
File: 1406414217293.png (247 KB, 539x500) Image search: [Google]
1406414217293.png
247 KB, 539x500
999.59h+ hours in Pokémon Y

A good 250h in Pokémon X.
>>
>>255525347
Dude, P4's nice, but most of the choices are entirely superfluos and plenty of 10+ minute cutscenes don't even have any meaningful choices at all.
>>
>>255526484
Dungeon crawlers are a subset of RPG's
>>
>>255525912
Is it really the best in recent years?
With that absent dungeon design, totally unbalanced combat, and throwaway antagonists? It's fine if you liked it, but it's like they threw the game in a box without caring how any of it fits together.
>>
>>255522050
nigger how the fuck?
I had about 86 hours or so in Persona 3 and only around 50 in Persona 4
>>
>>255525337
You don't you buy a PSVita for good JRPGs
>>
>>255526069
Get your party to at least level 80. 82 is recommended. Anything below that is suicide. I have no idea what went on through ATLUS' minds, but they made it so that you encounter her while being criminally underlevelled unless you love grinding. It's especially bad because no other boss in the game was like that.
>>
I was thinking about getting Drakengard 3, but i heard about the last boss
And doesn't look like it's a good game, either
>>
>>255522050
Persona 3 is significantly longer and is one of the longest narrative base games made
>>
>>255527548
It's also pretty fucking bad, repetitive and simplistic.
>>
>>255526662
this is true, except that it only applies to the plot related cutscenes up until the ending portion where the velvet room car stops moving for a time and you get choices that have effects on the ending you get.

The social link choices always matter except for the initiating and rank 10 choices, but they only change the number of points you get towards the social link. Some other choices during those cutscenes do the same.
>>
>>255526538

I dunno, I think P3 and P4 were definitely longer than most SMT games. P3 FES took me about 90 hours, and P4 took 70-ish. All the other SMTs have taken less than that. I think Nocturne would be the next longest for me and that was just under 60 hours.

Granted it's mostly because the Persona games have assloads of story and social link shit, compared to other SMT titles.
>>
Games with addictive multiplayer probably shouldn't count as "long".

That said Xenogears is like 70 hours if you don't dawdle.
>>
I took longer in Oblivion.
I have never completed the main storyline in any TES game.
>>
>>255523830
>Idling
>>
My first playthrough of Tales of Symphonia was about 100ish hours.
I was like 13 at the time too.
>>
Hey Shadows,

My name is Yu, and I hate every single one of you. All of you are fat, retarded, no-lifes who spend every second of their night looking at the midnight channel. You are everything bad in the world. Honestly, have any of you ever gotten any S-Links? I mean, I guess it's fun not being able to face yourselves because of your own insecurities, but you all take to a whole new level. This is even worse than jerking off to pictures on deviant-art.

Don't be a stranger. Just hit me with your best shot. I'm pretty much null to everything. I was captain of the drama club, and center on my basketball team. What sports do you play, other than "fuse shit teir persona"? I also get straight A's thanks to my max knowledge, and have a banging hot waifu (She just made another commercial; Shit was SO splash). You are all shadows who should just hama yourselves. Thanks for listening.

Pic Related: It's me and my waifu
>>
File: figs.png (123 KB, 388x159) Image search: [Google]
figs.png
123 KB, 388x159
I'm pretty sure I have somewhere around 1000 hours on a pirated version of FO:NV because I played through it like 20 times.
>>
RPGs are boring.
>>
>>255530279
Can you give me a source for that?
>>
File: zero hates what she sees.gif (1 MB, 500x204) Image search: [Google]
zero hates what she sees.gif
1 MB, 500x204
>>255527157
Drakengard 3, like every other Cavia game, is not particularly well made, but it somehow turned out really good. Also, the final boss is the best part of the entire game, and now that you've reminded me of it I'm going to replay it.
>>
>>255531170
But doesn't it have severe FPS problems? I remember watching some fight at the start, and man, that seemed unplayable.
>>
>>255531303
I still have an old TV and use composite cables instead of HDMI, so I had no framerate issues outside of times when Mikhail showed up for an airstrike. The gauntlets are the best weapons and the gameplay is actually pretty fun once you get used to it not being a REAL musou game, and the story is 9/10 (point lost for Squenix making the Intoner missions DLC).
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.