[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Wii U 5.5 exploit for Christmas
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 102
Thread images: 14
File: wiiu.jpg (31 KB, 600x337) Image search: [Google]
wiiu.jpg
31 KB, 600x337
5.5.0 exploit is coming, where were you when censorship complainers were BTFO?
http://wololo.net/2015/12/17/upcoming-wii-u-hack-for-firmware-5-5-0-announced-for-christmas/
>>
File: dasdas.jpg (311 KB, 958x1278) Image search: [Google]
dasdas.jpg
311 KB, 958x1278
Cool, am I able to create custom virtual console channels like I can do with the wii? I wanan try dumping banjo kazooie into DK 64.
>>
>>320694662
Only a few games I want, so I can't really justify the purchase. nice to know, however.
>>
>where were you when censorship complainers were BTFO?

You tried this before when Xenoblade's decensor/undub was confirmed.

No, it doesn't "BTFO" censorship complainers. It's quite the opposite. This hits Nintendo, who will now, rightfully so, lose sales from people who will hack their Wii U to play Xenoblade and Fatal Frame in the way it was meant to be played.

People complaining about censorship won, and more than anything it will hurt Nintendo even more in the long run as people who otherwise had no interest in pirating will now hack their console to play the real games, and learn how easy it is to do so.
>>
>>320695031
Everybody will just buy games and patch them, it's that simple.
>>
File: SMUUUUUUG.png (456 KB, 548x664) Image search: [Google]
SMUUUUUUG.png
456 KB, 548x664
>>320695031
I just want region free games and playing virtual console games they dont bother putting on.
>>
>>320695224

It's generally way easier to pirate a pre-patched ISO than it is to patch a game yourself.

No one will jump through that hoop to support a butchered localization like this anyway.
>>
like I know were t get all the stuff to hack my wiiu when this update comes out, but were the fuck do i get roms?

between the newer sd card and having to wait till christmas i might just buy the game, even if it means a bunch of missing lewd costumes, shitty dub acting and no titty monster major look alike
>>
>updated my wii u to 5.5 like an idiot
>hunted down a 5.3.2 console and bought it
>now this
Now I have a 5.5 and 5.3.2 and I'm not sure what to do. I'm still in the return window for the 5.3.2 and will be until Jan 12th so I guess I can only wait and see and hope something happens inbetween
>>
>>320694859
Please tell me that cutie isn't a guy
>>
>>320695937
what difference does it possibly make to you
it's not like you'll ever see more than a picture of them
>>
File: the power of christ.jpg (71 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
the power of christ.jpg
71 KB, 720x960
I havent even touched my wiiu in a month, but this explot will probably give me more use out of it due to experimenting with homebrew.

>>320695937
I sure hope not.
>>
>>320695810
Why would you do that? They straight up said that there's an unreleased working kernel exploit for 5.5.0 for a while now. It'd eventually be released, they were just holding back on it until its more useful (emunand support etc) or until Nintendo patches it (which wouldn't be a concern if you already have tubehax DNS set up)
>>
>>320695736
www.wiiuiso.com

wii u scene is shit btw, prepare for pay links out the ass
I suggest you find a cbox somewhere first
>>
>>320696093
"Soon" is a running joke, there's no telling when or if it'll ever happen

I decided to act while 5.3.2's were still obtainable
>>
I'm on 5.5, I hate the wiiU and Xenoblade localization. This is great news, now soon I can pirate all Nintendo games. I am selling the 2 games I have as we speak.

My entire 3DS library is pirated and it'll be the same for the wiiU. This is the only way to truly play Nintendo consoles.
>>
>>320696540
honestly Nintendo deserves it for such a shitty generation, decisions and business practices

I'd sell my Wii U at this point if it wasn't for Zelda U which will probably be on NX anyway.. now I'll play it for free as a reward for buying their dogshit console
>>
>>320696807
>I'd sell my Wii U at this point if it wasn't for Zelda U which will probably be on NX anyway.. now I'll play it for free as a reward for buying their dogshit console

My nigger, glad someone around here knows whatsup.
>>
>>320695224
can i patch my disc copy with the undub/uncensorship stuff?
>>
>>320694662

So I've been out of the loop with Wii U hacking for a while now. I haven't updated my Wii U in many many months (I think the last game I played on my Wii U was... fuck I think the last game I played was Captain Toad....

Pretty sure that means I'm within the firmware gap, right? Are pirated games going to be possible right out of the gate or is it going to be a little while?
>>
>pre-ordered the #FE Wii U bundle knowing it was gonna be on 5.5 most likely
>didn't care, was willing to wait since I knew 5.5 exploit was in the works
>this happens
Life is good.
>>
File: 1448947646121.png (153 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1448947646121.png
153 KB, 500x500
>>320697008
5.5.0 is the latest firmware. Every single consumed owned WiiU can run this exploit as if now.

If you're on 5.3 you can run the older exploit right now.
>>
File: 1437516561603.png (318 KB, 690x703) Image search: [Google]
1437516561603.png
318 KB, 690x703
>>320697105
>consumed
Thanks, autocorrect. Consumer*
>>
>>320696923
pls
>>
>>320697008
pirated games are already possible on 5.3.2 or lower

this update is for 5.5.0 (which is the current latest FW). it's unreleased but supposedly will be released soon

once the exploit is released, it will still need development. you won't be able to run backup games with an exploit alone, it requires loaders etc, probably emunand if you want to go online

check your fw version and if it's 5.3.2 or lower you can already start pirating
>>
I'm not going to start pirating my Wii U games but i really hope this becomes a thing, and people will just pirate uncensored versions of all censored Nintendo games. Maybe they will wake the fuck up. But probably not since it's probably only like 2000 people in the world who own a Wii U who would pirate games for it
>>
>>320695031
I rather hit Nintendo and make them realize in this day and age they have to carefully select which group to cater to: the SJW's who won't buy and play they games in the first place or fans who wants to support the company but won't due to dumb decisions.

An hopefully an example like this will wake Nintendo up or I'll just keep pirating their games until they die out.
>>
>>320695224
I will pirate Xenoblade X and FF V when it lets me. Also Bayo 1/2 because why the fuck not.
>>
Just to give you all a heads up, make sure that you use one of the methods to make sure your Wii U doesn't auto-update if you want to use this exploit. GBATemp has some guides on how to set up TubeLoader.
>>
>>320697241
>>320697105

Oh sweet, I'm exactly on 5.3.2U. Is there a pastebin you guys can share for what to do from here? More importantly, is there really an uncensorship patch for Fatal Frame?
>>
File: 1448471071057.jpg (46 KB, 500x600) Image search: [Google]
1448471071057.jpg
46 KB, 500x600
I'm already on 5.3.2 because I'm not a retard and didn't update for the only 2 good games released this year.
I wonder if its going to be permanent though. Loadiine can be a bitch to get working. Sometimes it works first try no problem others it takes 5+ tries.
Also, there are a lot of bad rom dumps out there and problems some users experience and others don't. I would gladly welcome a more stable hack
>>
>>320697369
The safest thing for everybody to do right now is wipe their internet settings off their wiiU until they get this updater blocker sorted out. That's what I have just done. Fuck the wiiU auto update bullshit.
>>
>>320697426
I would wait desu, yes you can pirate old games right now but there's no emuNAND so you can't play online, the current is kind of shitty too like >>320697470
said.
>>
>>320697276
>>320697241
I really hope it does. I'm really tires of all these games obviously aimed at an older audience getting censored
>>
>>320697518
You can use the Tubehax DNS senpai
>>
>>320697470
loadiine and the kernel exploit in general is an unstable pos

the iosu exploit should be quite opposite
>>
Why would we be getting btfo when we are essentially getting what we want ?
>>
>>320697369
>>320697613
Shit, I meant TubeHax, not TubeLoader.
>>
>>320697571

Fair enough. I'll wait for this newer/better method then. Probably a good idea, too. I'm groggy as shit and probably shouldn't be doing anything as "don't-do-this-or-you're-fucked" as modding consoles.
>>
I just want to hack music(for now) into Sm4sh since most of it is trash

But I hope that having this available to everyone makes people pay attention to sm4sh mods (costumes, stages etc.)

Also unlock all custom moves because fucks Sakurai artificial game length
>>
>>320697803
The 5.3.2 exploit doesn't involve anything permanent, they're all temporary hacks that go away when you turn the console off. The worst thing that could happen is you accidentally upgrade to 5.5.0 which isn't even a bad thing if this new exploit really is coming

You might want to familiarize yourself with process and terminology so you know what's what when the exploit comes out. But certainly when you're awake enough to understand things
>>
Actually plan on going and picking up a WiiU after Xmas finally. Question for those who are into the scene right now, do you know if it will be possible for others to make "pre-patched" uncensored copies of games such as FF and XBX or will you need to do the patching manually yourself every time?
>>
>>320695031

>and more than anything it will hurt Nintendo even more in the long run

Boo fucking hoo, maybe NoA should try getting their shit together.
>>
File: 1413812444378.gif (317 KB, 300x170) Image search: [Google]
1413812444378.gif
317 KB, 300x170
>>320697970
To add to this, while the hack is fucking shit most popular games work fine. Right now I'm playing Bayonetta, Rayman Legends, NES Remix Pack, Duck Tales Remaster and ZombiU just fine. Games I tried that didn't work; Pikmin 3 abd New Super Mario Bros U.
>>
>>320698068
current prepatched game files exist, you literally do nothing more than download them and play
>>
File: IMAG0061.jpg (856 KB, 2688x1520) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0061.jpg
856 KB, 2688x1520
I've already given up on NoA. This just solidifies things. Been importing all my 3DS vidya besides a few exceptions for a few months - and I was worried I'd have to wait a while to do the same on Wii U. Glad to see that's (hopefully) not the case.

Looking forward to playing XCX as it was meant to be played.

Pic is a bit outdated; I've imported MHX, Dragon Quest: Rocket Slime 3, and Dragon Quest VII since then.
>>
>>320698172

God damn we've already gotten to the point with our homebrew that we can just download full pre-patched restored games and play. Damn. I thought I would at least need to go buy the originals and have to do something with those.
>>
>>320698347
don't expect too much, right now (as far as I know) XCX is just an undub, it's not an uncensoring. the latter will require a lot more work
>>
File: 1397511913913.jpg (12 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
1397511913913.jpg
12 KB, 225x225
I really don't give a fuck about Lin being censored.

Plus Xenoblade Chronicles X isn't even that good. Combat sucks dick. There is no story.

If #FE is censored to hell (I don't think it will be) and/or gets english dub only (more likely than censorship) then I'll consider this exploit.
>>
>>320694662
This looks very promising.

Best model to buy?
I'm guessing it would be like the PSP where you update to latest (5.5?) and then run the exploit?
Was considering the 32gb Mario Kart bundle.
>>
>>320698605
>cares about literal shovelware more than Xenoblade X
Nintenyearolds have the worst taste, and this is coming from someone who buys Nintendo consoles and handhelds first every gen
>>
>>320699072
>literal shovelware = game I don't like
God you are unintelligent.
>>
Just sold all my wiiU gamez to sum fuckboi down the street for $50 each, little scrub 2bh. ima hack da wiiU bcuz its a pos 2bh n deservez it. fuck da wee u 2bh
>>
>>320697276
>the SJW's who won't buy and play they games
Except they do. I don't like them either but EA, easily one of the most money grubbing companies keeps pandering to them. They wouldn't do that if there wasn't any money to be gotten there.
>>
>no 9.9 for christmas
why live
>>
>>320699721
>oh man i gotta check this shitlord's privilege! better pull some hot ***facts*** from my ass!
>>>/t/umblr
>>
If I stay on 5.5, will I lose the ability to play online?
I updated to 5.5 for Mario Maker but now I've had my fill of it, I might give stop updating while this goes ahead but only if I can still play Splatoon and MK8 online.
>>
>>320694662
I literally haven't touched my WiiU since January / February of this year. Was going to sell the damn thing the other day to recoup my losses. Was on the fence about selling my amiibo too. Now I can sleep easy knowing this shit will be a modding test ground. I'd do the same thing to my 3ds but I've been enjoying the library so I'll throw shekels to them for that system.
>>
File: damien.png (172 KB, 393x346) Image search: [Google]
damien.png
172 KB, 393x346
>>320699972
You're either baiting, blissfully unaware of how EA operates, or retarded. Take your pick.

I'd post that list of all the companies EA killed (killed, not gutted, but outright killed) because a game of theirs didn't sell gangbusters, but I don't have it. So here's a picture of their CEO.
>>
>>320697276
lol i'm sure they're super scared of losing your money that you weren't giving them anyway
>>
>>320700034
I'm guessing yes but eventually there will be emunand to go online.
>>
>>320699072
As someone who generally dislike idolshit, #FE looks better than Xenotrash.
>>
>>320694662
So I should disconnect Wii U from the net now?
>>
>>320702554
Is it possible for a game to look WORSE than Xenoblade? They had me for a few seconds with the mech part, then they lost me with "sequel to one of the biggest piece of shit games ever", then they lost me even harder with "everyone is robots walking around in one piece swimsuits".

Why would anyone play something like that? I might give FE a shot if I'm super bored someday, but I wouldn't play X if you paid me.
>>
>>320702745
That's the most direct and surefire way, yes. There are some other ways to prevent updates if you still want to use the internet, though:

http://wiiubrew.net/tutorials-and-guides/block-wiiu-updates/
>>
Do I need anything from the eShop before this happens?
>>
>>320702832
I'll try the first one
Can you still access the eShop or is that blocked by it too?
>>
>>320697571
but you can play online with the 5.5.0 spoof friend
>>
>>320703378
I'm also using the first, and I can access it just fine. I haven't tried to purchase anything or make any downloads, but I wouldn't assume there would be any problems.
>>
File: 1411704435040.jpg (153 KB, 1080x574) Image search: [Google]
1411704435040.jpg
153 KB, 1080x574
>no external hard drive support for Loadiine
>>
File: urgoingtojail.png (544 KB, 760x1020) Image search: [Google]
urgoingtojail.png
544 KB, 760x1020
thread has been reported, you disgusting thieves
>>
>>320702832
Does Tubehax DNS just block Youtube from the Wii U or can I still eShop and play online?
I'm assuming "no" but I better double check.
I'm renting in a shared house and the landlord has actually changed the router login from the default unlike most people.
>>
>>320705964
I believe Tubehax DNS both redirects YouTube to the Tubehax exploit, and blocks firmware updates, while allowing you to play online and use the eShop. I'm assuming you've already checked, though, since this reply is 10 minutes late.
>>
>>320705964
>>320706421
Tubehax won't let me connect to the eshop either
>>
>>320706421
>I'm assuming you've already checked, though, since this reply is 10 minutes late.
You would assume wrong. I've just been watching Peep Show while waiting for an answer before doing anything.
I know when Tubehax first released on 3DS, it went down because of people misusing or overloading it or something so I thought I'd better double check first before I did something potentially inconvenient.
>>
>>320706534
I guess I can check for you, I mean, it's not a big deal, it's just some DNS settings. Gimme a sec.
>>
>>320706534
>>320706608
Yep, went ahead and added them and trying to connect to the eShop gave me an error code. The console does connect to the internet, though, and all the other features seem to be working (Miiverse, for instance).

So, to clarify, with the router blocking those addresses, I was able to access the eShop, but with the router blocking the URLs and the Tubehax DNS, I was not. I didn't test it with only Tubehax since removing the URLs from my router's settings is a pain in the ass, but I sincerely doubt there's anything they could do to conflict with each other.

The exploit is supposed to come out sometime soon anyway, so I'd say Tubehax is perfectly serviceable as a short term solution, unless you plan on accessing the eShop daily, or something. As a matter of fact, I don't even think you can access the eShop without the latest firmware, right?
>>
So is this like custom firmware for PSP? I can pirate all the games on Wii U?
>>
If I got the Splatoon and Smash bundle could I still exploit it?
>>
>>320707702
5.5 is the latest firmware, so any Wii U system would be supported until they release a new update that patches it.
>>
Can anyone explain how to url filter the updates on verizon fios?

I'm logged into my router right now, just not sure where to go. I tried parental controls on my wii u connection alone, but it had no trouble connecting through nslookup on kloth still
>>
i switched the dns to the tubehax one
is it normal that i can't connect to the eshop now?
will this affect online in games as well?
>>
>>320694662
The only BTFO is nintendo, since i will start to pirate the censored games instead of just patching them.
>>
>>320695224
don't be naïve, nobody will pay for the game, when you can not pay for the game.
>>
>>320695224
No, everyone will just pirate them.
>>
>>320707046
No dlc, no eshop content, no updates that are not on disc.
>>
was about to say something about unplugging it for nothing, but even now I don't really want to play it anyway
top shrug, I hope it happens soon
>>
>>320709530
That's the thing about PS3 for me, but I want to support Monoliths for great XCX and I already did so.
>>
>>320709507
You still need the console tho :^)
>>
>>320697276
>until they die out.
You'll die first. We all will.
>>
>>320698097
People would pirate anyway.

It's not about censorship, or sticking it to the man. It's about shitting on Nintendo and making sure 4chan knows you're doing it.
>>
>>320705949
Hello Tyrone, thank you for your tips, we already were working on an update to fix this issue so you didn't needed to tell us lol.
>>
How difficult is it to use this shit? I don't have a wii u, never even seen one in person. What would I need? Just an external hdd for games or something?
>>
>>320694662
will it have multiplayer?
>>
Great! Now I can FINALLY pirate all these games like and !
>>
>>320712650
>sonybronies still mad they haven't had more than three games for two generations now
>>
Bpught a 5.3.2 wo i could pirate some games then i realised i already played every game i wanted on the wii u.
Why was this gen so shit all around and not just for nintendo?
>>
>>320694662
Hi guys what is the software version of the Wii u bundle with MK8/Splatoon pre-installed ? Please someone help
>>
>>320714310
what does it matter if this is goes up to the most recent version
>>
This is the best present ever. I'm bout done paying $60 for new games. Xenoblade X was my last game I'll buy for this console.
>>
>>320708898
Just follow the following guide. Worked for me.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-blocking-wiiu-update-domains-with-opendns.385996/
>>
I'm having a hard time to find a reasonable price to buy Wii U games in my country, so I'm glad they are going to release the 5.5 exploit.
Thread replies: 102
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.