[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are you happy with your Wii U, /v/? I'm not that much. I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 4
File: piipoo.jpg (55 KB, 630x880) Image search: [Google]
piipoo.jpg
55 KB, 630x880
Are you happy with your Wii U, /v/? I'm not that much. I don't really like platformers and the console seems to only have games of this genre.
>>
What is there to play if you don't like platformers?
>>
why the fuck would you get a WiiU if you didn't like platformers?
>>
File: dfgdg.jpg (106 KB, 360x360) Image search: [Google]
dfgdg.jpg
106 KB, 360x360
>>platformers and the console seems to only have games of this genre.
I own 5 Wii U games and none of the mare platformers.
>>
>>253976234

I got hyped by TW101. It ended up being pretty bad... It's like Kamiya heard fans of Bayonetta were disappointed with those missile and motorcycle missions and decided to make 1/2 of TW101 be just mini-games.
>>
Sell it them.
>>
>>253976628

Which ones?
>>
>>253976790

Nah, at least not until Bayonetta 2.
>>
>>253976681
sounds like you got shit taste
well theres always decent multiplats/ports
>>
>>253976804
Monster Hunter 3: Ultimate
The Wonderful 101
Mario Kart 8
Wind Waker HD
Pikmin 3

Adding to that, I'll be picking up Hyrule Warriors, Bayonetta 2 and Smash 4 by year-end. So that's 8 non-platformers.
>>
>>253977681

One is an HD port. One is also on the 3DS. One (TW101) is shit I own and talked about why I didn't like it.

How are MK8 and Pikmin 3? I heard MK8 is pretty bad because it lacks content, too bare-bones.
>>
>>253978157
>One is also on the 3DS.
With no online.
>One (TW101) is shit
You have shit taste.

MK8 is fucking great. Don't concern yourself so much with what you fucking hear and decide for yourself whether you want to play a game or not.
>>
>Mario and Luigi costumes
>with zippers
Mario Bros. costumes are the easiest to do. Blue overalls, boots, appropriately colored long sleeved shirt + hat (you could even get by with like a trucker hat or something if you were going for a real world style plumber) and gloves.

Absolutely disgusting, I'm legitimately annoyed.
>>
>>253975167
Why are they reading the front of the box? There's nothing written there.
>>
>>253978157
>W101 is shit
Fagdetected, opinion trashed.
>>
>>253978875

They're in the process of turning the box, maybe.

>>253978568

I wish it had a demo, though. Why does Nintendo release demos for some of their games and not for others? Usually companies have some kind of consistency but it seems weird that Nintendo doesn't. For instance, NSMBU can't be play co-op with a gamepad and another controller unless the first player wants to help the other by creating blocks only, and SM3DW can be fully played with any controllers you own...
>>
>>253978962

How did you enjoy those rocket missions, spaceship and flying planes over and over and over and over, anon?
>>
>>253979131
>demo
>for fucking Mario Kart
While I'll agree that a demo wouldn't hurt, I feel compelled to point out that its fucking Mario Kart.

The fuck you need a demo for? You never played Mario Kart, nigga?
>>
just booted up my wii u for a mk8 session

its been 4 minutes and its still on the wii u logo screen

what did i do
>>
File: 1364053267393.jpg (6 KB, 184x184) Image search: [Google]
1364053267393.jpg
6 KB, 184x184
Wii U has brought me most gaming fun this year
>>
>>253979597
They're hatching.
>>
>>253979554

I played MK64 and Double Dash. I'd like to know if the new gameplay elements actually changed the game a little bit.
>>
>>253980008
Mario Kart peaked at Double Dash/DS so not really other than graphics and better online
>>
>>253980008
Gameplay is just as good as its always been. The underwater/glider/anto-grav stuff serves to make more varied and creative tracks, which is great.

Its fun, nigga. What more do you want?
>>
I was thinking about getting Wario Land 4 tonight. Is it truly hour, upon hours of entertainment?
>>
I'm pretty happy with it. I agree though, I wish there were more non-platformers, or at least more 3D ones.
>>
>>253980602

OP here, if it's half as good as Wario Land 2, which is the only Wario Land game I played, it'll be fantastic. God, that game was so much fun.
>>
Platformers?

Where? I love them.
The only one I have is mario 3d land. Yeah it is mediocre, I wish it was Galaxy 3 or 64 2 or sunshine 2 instead but it is ok.
Are there more platformers?
>>
>>253981036

Donkey Kong, Guacamelee, Shovel Knight, Rayman Legends, NSMBU, NSLU etc
>>
My dad is a beta tester for SSB4 and gave me his Wii U copy.

I know the newcomers : Villager, Megaman, Wii Fit Trainer, Rosalina, Little Mac, Greninja,Miis,Palutena, Pac Man, Lucina, Robin, Shulk, Marshall,Shadow, and Ridley.
>>
>>253978875
They're about to smite it
>>
I've been using the WiiU for Art Academy and the Wii backwards compatibility.

The problem with the library is that a lot of it doesn't stand on its own and it's mainly out there to cash in on previous successes including Pikmin, Mario Kart, Super Mario 3D Land, New Super Mario Bros, Donkey Kong Country Returns...

The future is looking to be more of the same: Bayonetta, Canvas Curse, Yoshi's Story/Epic Yarn...

WiiU needs a game to make the WiiU stand out. I'm looking forward to Mario Maker and Captain Toad but we'll need more than that...
>>
>>253981247
>Shadow
he's a assist trophy again

>Shulk, Marshall
Romono pls die

>Ridley
shhhh, ton of PTSD faggots here
>>
>>253981036
DKC Tropical Freeze is fantastic. Its worth it even if you wasn't a big fan of Returns
>>
>>253981686
So you're saying the Wii U is great for people who already like Nintendo franchises, but shit if you're looking for something else?
>>
>>253981823

I'm saying the WiiU is great for people who already like Nintendo games that came out in the previous five years and want to play them again.

Not so great for people who like Nintendo generally.
>>
>>253981760

it's really not that good. It even has less levels than Returns, which shows how rushed it was.
>>
This is why I bought one, doesn't bother me.
>>
>>253977681
Ironically W101's platform sections are ATROCIOUS.

I loved the game but near the end when you are inside Vorkken I was fucking fuming with rage at the jumping.
>>
>>253982560
A lot of the levels in Returns had Mine Cart or Rocket Barrel sections anyways while TF barely has any of them
>>
>>253975167
>Baitus Maximus
>>
>>253983038

30094549540 water levels though, while Returns had none.
>>
>>253981036
You don't like 3D World? That's weird, I found out I was wrong about that game. I thought it was a boring a hell, souless casual mess (and I guess it still sort of is). But when I got past the first few worlds, and played co-op with my girlfriend and my brother, it was sheer chaotic fun.
>>
>>253981951
That makes no fucking sense
>>
>>253982694
It's the only reason I'm buying one
>>
>>253984708

Too easy. There's only one hard level and it's 20 hours in. Not worth it. Even NSMBU was better.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.