[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's so bad about the enhanced edition? Been thinking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: Baldurs_Gate_EE_Box.jpg (117 KB, 1152x700) Image search: [Google]
Baldurs_Gate_EE_Box.jpg
117 KB, 1152x700
What's so bad about the enhanced edition?
Been thinking about playing it on my tablet.
>>
>>252956907
Nothing is bad about it. You can ignore the ridiculous added content and enjoy the improved interface and resolution. All is right with the world. Only problem is mods need to be ported.
>>
>>252957080
Well, I don't really want to play for mods so I should be fine.

Thanks!
>>
>>252957485
You should really consider some mods though. Unfinished Business adds some great quests that were removed from the final version of the game. The kidnapping of boo comes to mind. Plus BG2 Tweaks, Banter packs, Sword Coast Stratagems for some proper D&D rules. Otherwise have fun, it's a really great game.
>>
>>252957901
I don't know if those mods are even available on tablet. Probably not.
>>
I'm asumming you're using GemRB. That is basically the same as the original game. All the mods work just fine.
>>
>>252958248
>>252958504
Nevermind I just noticed you mean Enhanced Edition. I don't really know how the android port works there, so I can't really say for sure. In theory all the mods that work for PC should work for tablet as well.
>>
No the mods don't work fine because of the port, and there's a lot of useful stuff and glitch fixes like unfinished business etc

and the Enhanced Edition features a new ton of glitches, shoddy 'new' content like unfitting Bioware liberal characters.

There is absolutely no reason to pick the 'Enhanced' edition over the originals if you can take a little time and effort to install them properly. Even the HUD and fonts are fucking ruined. All it has going for it is a worthless zoom feature, couldn't even polish up the artifacts as they didn't have access to them.

But if you've never played it before or want to play it on a tablet for whatever reason, then yeah go for it I guess. It's not the superior version, though.
>>
>>252958838
> It's not the superior version, though.

yeah, you wish. Just a matter of time.
>>
>>252959027

Yeah it's a matter of fucking converting all the good and working mods and things like Big World Project which won't ever be done because there's so fucking many. Give me a break.

There's absolutely no benefits to the EE other than ease of installation for plebs, shitty new characters, a couple of pathetic areas and an awful dungeon fighting game.
>>
>>252958838
I played, and still have on my harddrive, both versions of the game. Both with mostly the same mods since most of them have already been ported. I have to say I have never experienced any glitches or bugs associated with the EE, and have mostly ignored the added characters. I really like the sleek new interface, the higher resolution support (e.g. for the inventory screen not stretching to my monitor completely), and have found it to be an all around nice enhanced edition of the original game.
>>
>>252959314

Fair enough I guess if you want a fairly simple base game with what I consider to be a con and I don't like their changes.

I also wouldn't support the developer either as they didn't craft it with love and care and just performed a cash grab for the tablet generation.
>>
>>252959201
Big World Project is just a compilation of 500 different single mods. It seems kinda bloated, I'd rather install all the mods I want myself separately.
>>
>>252959671

>Big World Project is just a compilation of 500 different single mods.

...That won't all be converted to the new EE for years, if not at all.

>>252959671

> It seems kinda bloated, I'd rather install all the mods I want myself separately.

...Yeah? You can do that?
>>
>>252959656
Theres really no differences between the original and the EE besides the added content, which is easy to ignore if you were a fan of the original (can easily tell whats out of place). The only thing is the new interface which I personally like, and as you mentioned the bugs but I have never really experienced any so I can't say.
>>
>>252959780
Well I can't say for sure that it would be possible since there are probably compatability issues, but given that I simply do not need so many mods at any given time, instead I rather install a couple of new mods for each subsequent playthrough and explore them thourougly. But that's just me I guess. Big World Project seems like it's very convenient and I can imagine it might be unlikely to be ported, and causing inconvience because of it. The original is fine to play in this case.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.