[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Video games turning to shit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (149 KB, 1300x866) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
149 KB, 1300x866
>DLC
>Season Passes
>Disc Locked Content
>Exclusive content for pre ordering
>More exclusive content from where you preorder
>Early Access titles
>Kick Starter Scamming
>Selling incomplete games at launch then releasing 'free dlc' later to extend its life

What's next? When did it go so wrong?
>>
>>320686468
Oh yea and I forgot the most recent
>selling physical DLC in figurine form
>>
The mega64 podcast talked about this recently. This shit started with oblivion and the horse armor shit, and rockband was a game that it was widely accepted would just have hundreds of microtransactions for

All been downhill from there, im looking for a new hobby right now because of it, maybe reading
>>
Back then, video games were more expensive than ever (taking inflation into account), you couldn't even play most of them for yourself and had to spend quarters at an Arcade machine for a play, and because of that games were designed to suck quarters out of you this way by being bullshit, let's also not forget the video games that were designed to be basically impossible for you to finish if you didn't own a strategy guide.

And let's not forget that the standards of games back then used to be way lower, and you had no proper way of judging gameplay from a game and had to rely on cover art and the flowery screenshots over at Nintendo power.

Games have never been better. Your nostalgia faggotry is disgusting.
>>
The internet killed video games. If you disagree, you're too young to post here.
>>
>>320687208
So you're comparing shit to a different kind of shit.

Modern shit isn't any better than old shit.

>Games have never been better.
Please.
>>
The kids who grew up playing video games ended up getting jobs making video games and are in fact shit at making games so games run like hot garbage and need to live off of hype and bullshots and incentivizing pre-orders and locking content before the game is even released so they can guarantee people will buy it and continue to gain money off a product they released years ago.

I blame phones and Korea. Phone games live off of ads and microtransactions. And big companies track phone purchases and app users as "Gamers" hence where the "Over half of gamers are girls" statistic comes from, girls on their phone, playing Candy Crush. They're not the same people going out and dropping $80 on Rainbow Six Siege, they're a small minority of the people still hopeless addicted to WoW. And then there's Korea, who released a shit ton of F2P MMOs with Pay2Win design schemes that made other MMOs follow suit and stop meaningful production in favor of cosmetics you can drop $20+ on.

Video games are shit.
>>
Video games would be so much better if smartphones didn't exist.

Prove me wrong.
>>
>>320686468
I blame everything on EA. Everything.
>>
>>320688003
OP is the one who said "Video games are turning to shit" and asking where everything went so wrong.

Gaming has always had it's pros and cons in every generation it existed. It's always had it's 90% garbage games with a rare 10% of good games hidden beneath them.

At least now, gaming is cheaper than ever (even if you take DLC into account, unless you're talking about DOTA 2 or TF2) and there's a bigger library of games for you to peruse of than there has ever been.
>>
File: 1444023193860.jpg (18 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
1444023193860.jpg
18 KB, 499x499
>my childhood was better guiz xD

Only 90s kids will get this xP
>>
>>320686468
>Online

That's the word you're looking for, OP.
>>
>>320686468

>DLC
>Season Passes
>Disc Locked Content
>Exclusive content for pre ordering
>More exclusive content from where you preorder
>Early Access titles
>Selling incomplete games at launch then releasing 'free dlc' later to extend its life

All of these are thanks to Microsoft and Xbox consoles

Whoops, forgot I was on /v/ where you can only bitch about Sony.
>>
>>320688694
>only 90s kids will remember this. Like if you're a 90s kids!

I'm glad this Facebook meme died along with the stupid 4 panel picture with captions

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KHfMsTvtaCw
>>
>>320689091
>Implying Sony consoles and PC doesn't have that same exact shit
>>
>>320691254
He's saying they started it.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.