[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's out there for MMO's? Any good F2P ones where
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: Happy Gos.gif (1 MB, 494x270) Image search: [Google]
Happy Gos.gif
1 MB, 494x270
What's out there for MMO's? Any good F2P ones where it isn't P2W like most out there?
Any great one time purchase ones? Played WoW through WotLK and popped back in for a month during pandaland, aint for me anymore.

Also been attempting SWTOR, while the solo story is nice, the amount of bullshittery from $$ is annoying.
Finally upgraded the PC so i'm looking for something to soak me in. Hence the pic/my need
>>
>>320684252
No, there aren't any good MMOs

I'm sure people will come and recommend something like FFIV, but that shit is mediocre as fuck as are all the other popular one's right now.
>>
>>320684393
That's been my impression. I've heard things like Rift / Neverwinter / Tera are P2W. Just not worth dealing with. Wildstar was a bust, we all know what WoW is like, and I've heard GW2 was overall meh for lack of content.

Any missed MMO's or false assumptions?
>>
>>320685201
>TOR, complete shit animations and character design. Quit at 10
>WoW, dying titan, literally Facebook games and mediocre lobby game
>FFXIV, polished grindfest with horrible PvP and empty crafter endgame
>Wildstar, fun and polished, everyone quit and the endgame was too hard at first then too easy
>Rift, TERA, Neverwinter, AoC: mildly fun games that are now P2W trash that failed to polish and build correctly
>>
>>320685727
So what DO we play now anon? I really want to go adventure with other players? Not stupid plain open world stuff like GTA. Even something like Diablo where you can party up and kill monsters?
>>
FFXIV, Rift and/or The Secret World. Every other MMO right now is complete garbage. WoW is outdated since WotLK. Don't listen to people who don't like modern MMOs anyway.
>>
>>320686767
>Rift
>Heavily unbalanced combat mechanics
>Druid is the best in terms of tanking/AoE/Soloing for raids
>Is a subclass to a cleric
>A class specifically designed to heal
>P2W bullshit
>Devs favor the popular players who pay them boatloads of money
Yeah, no.
>>
>>320686474
I dunno man. Tempted to slog through TOR for the story but it isnt scratching the itch
>>
PSO2 JP is still going strong. Its a 2nd life simulator more than an MMO, so no PvP as a downside.
>>
>>320687323
>wanting to read the horrible stories of Hamburger Helper and her anti-cis crusade
>>
lotro is comfy if you want to explore middle earth
>>
>>320687397
Noooo thanks.
>>320687491
As much as I enjoy Tolkien, that game hasn't been thriving for the last several years from my understanding.
>>
>>320687470
Are they that bad? I always heard the single player story was decent, especially for Sith Warrior and Imperial Spy
>>
>>320686767
>The Secret World
How is it?
>>
>still no CoH

fug
>>
>>320692187
>never again
hello darkness my old friend
>>
>tfw no one to heal

;-;
>>
>>320691014
Trooper's bad in the last bit of vanilla. Quit from how bad it was.
>>
File: dunking Tsoo in my Cadillac.jpg (467 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
dunking Tsoo in my Cadillac.jpg
467 KB, 1280x1024
>>320693153
R I P
>>
>>320684252
Nostalrius Begins is still pretty popular. I've kind of lost interest because my schedule prohibits me from raiding but if I could I would.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.