[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why have they never made a proper Evangelion video game?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5
Why have they never made a proper Evangelion video game?
>>
Also fuck the pieces of shit from the other thread, get in here, this discussion isn't over.

>>320618450
Most of the changes you mentioned were just necessities due to how the plot had to be shortened to fit into the movies.

>What? This wasn't in 2.0, what are you talking about?
There is a sub-plot devoted to how Rei wants to have a dinner party with Shinji and Gendo. Asuka also tries to cook to compete with her for Shinji. This is the classic setup of a "harem" anime show, where two girls compete for the main character's dick. This is also completely different from the original, where neither of the girls show a lot of (obvious) interest in Shinji (Rei seems to like Gendo and Asuka seems to like Kaji more). Because of this anyone with half a brain trashed 2.0.

Also what is this new thing on /v/ where you genuinely accuse people of not having watched a series or played a game? I'm pretty sure you're all 13-year-olds who grew up watching Let's Plays, there is no way you'd even think of that possibility otherwise.
>>
File: 1441695580082.jpg (177 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1441695580082.jpg
177 KB, 500x500
>>320619989
>Because of this anyone with half a brain trashed 2.0.

nope, I recognize that 2.0 is eva for people who don't actually like eva and 3.0 cam and swept the rug out from under them but it's still one of my favorite movies
>>
File: eva642.webm (2 MB, 718x514) Image search: [Google]
eva642.webm
2 MB, 718x514
Evangelion 64 is pretty damn close to a proper Evangelion video game, all things considered.

It also looked incredible back in 1999. Best-looking 5th gen game, possibly.
>>
>>320619912

Because the story is tripe designed to appeal to people who have never read a book, and the mechs just aren't that cool?
>>
File: 1450054266522.png (36 KB, 268x237) Image search: [Google]
1450054266522.png
36 KB, 268x237
>>320619912
You can't really translate Eva into a videogame, unless you make it really shitty.
>>
>>320620964

Maybe if you're attempting to adapt the Rebuilds.
>>
>>320619912
A remake of the N64 one would be pretty sick. So would a new fighting game.
>>
SINJI GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT
>>
They did, it was called Xenogears.
>>
>>320620327
Eva 2.0 is goddamn amazing. I can understand why fans of the original wouldn't like it for reasons the person you replied to stated, but taking the rebuild series as a type of "Groundhog Day" scenario of the original series (maybe this is just another possible reality that occurs in the original's Instrumentality or my preferred sequel theory) it's so wonderfully optimistic - people CAN improve even under dire circumstances - it's a cathartic yang to the original's depressing yin.

Long live Rebuild.
>>
>>320622690

>it's a cathartic yang to the original's depressing yin.

Funny you mention that, because the original series had plenty of moments of triumph and levity, whereas Rebuild feels like a fast-forward montage of everything Shinji did wrong, culminating in GOOD MORNING SHINJI EVERYONE DIED AND IT WAS YOUR FAULT HAVE FUN BEING HATED BY THE REMAINING SURVIVORS
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.