[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Go to Metacritic or other review base with lots of user submitted
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 11
File: and_then_theres_this_asshole.gif (549 KB, 226x100) Image search: [Google]
and_then_theres_this_asshole.gif
549 KB, 226x100
Go to Metacritic or other review base with lots of user submitted game reviews

Find your favourite game

Post the most indefensible, undesribable filth of an opinion

>MGS3

>this game is really gay. i beat it in 10 minutes it is so easy. The people that make medal gear solid dont no how to make games .they need to make there games a tid bit harder peek rules. also everybody thinks this game is so SWEET! because u have a gun , guns are for idiots and people that dont no how to fight ,thats all i got to say it about this game SUCKS!
>>
>RE4

Why can a highly-trained government agent do all sorts of martial arts and crazy flips when fighting one guy in a cut scene, yet only be able to stand still and shoot when a group is chasing him down during the actual game? Even if taking out all the puzzles and turning Resident Evil into a pure action game was a good idea (it wasn't), why keep the sluggish tank controls? He can't even RELOAD while moving! Fortunately for Leon, this game is so mind-numbingly linear that his limited moveset is all you need. This game is basically a shooting gallery, but with Spanish townsfolk instead of ducks.
>>
>Dark Souls

I have never written a review for a game before but I feel that in this case I need to. If nothing else than to lower the user score of this game ever so slightly so that someone else won't have to go through what I did. In short the game is unplayable and I would like to explain why so as both not to get flamed and just banished to the bottom of the pile as another person who says "its too hard waaaaaah". I do not deny that the game is hard and I have no problem with difficult games, I went through battletoads, Ninja Gaiden Series and Devil May Cry on the hardest of difficulty settings. However Dark souls is not a game end of. There is no reason this game has a score as high as it does but I suspect that it is where it is on metacritic because of very clever marketing ie One guy says this game sucks his friend says no its just hard you are being a **** its the same as saying "I can't punch my way through this wall" "well clearly you aren't trying hard enough and are just too weak". Thats what Dark Souls feels like to me. One of the main things is wrong with the game is the controls and the lag from pressing buttons to the character actually doing something. There is simply no reason for this kind of lag not on a console game. I have designed games before and the point is to make the character an extension of the player, the closer you come to that point where the player ceases controlling the character and the character becomes an extension of that player the better. Please take a look at this game and ask yourself why is it difficult is it because it requires me to think more about my actions, requires me to have lightning nay superhuman reflexes, or is it simply because the games bad game mechanics shoe horn you into a play style that goes against every natural instinct.
>>
File: go_talk_to_a_wall.gif (498 KB, 350x249) Image search: [Google]
go_talk_to_a_wall.gif
498 KB, 350x249
>FF VIII

>During the fighting, all you do is draw, draw draw draw draw to retrieve the magic enemies so there no more magic bar. improving the character system is one of the worst I've ever seen. I do not recommend this game to anyone, take FFVII instead which is much more fun with its system of materia. In short, Final Fantasy VII >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Final Fantasy VIII and you can even add an exponential

Yeah, okay.
>>
File: 1446929817887.png (137 KB, 685x579) Image search: [Google]
1446929817887.png
137 KB, 685x579
>Metro 2033

>Now don't we all think that the Resident Evil theme is a little worn out? As much as the Call of Duty series too? The graphics are great, the gameplay is good too. I'm just one that is so tired and worn out with the game themes that are played on too, too, much. And this is exactly what this game represents. I believe that "Life" itself is scary enough, to have a game try and scare me. Maybe after living half a century, and playing video games for nearly 35 years, I've experienced quite a bit in life. I enjoy seeing "fresh" titles, and this obviously isn't one of them. Kill, kill, and kill some more...wow....
>>
File: Hitman.png (18 KB, 611x130) Image search: [Google]
Hitman.png
18 KB, 611x130
Hitman: Blood Money
>>
File: image.jpg (119 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
119 KB, 640x960
Similar idea. Amazon review of the wonderful 101
>>
>>320596950
Jesus fuck what?
>>320597423
It pains me that there are actually people like this out there. I know this specific one could well be fake but this thinking still exists.
>>
Bumping to post a review
>>
File: 1441398279405.jpg (11 KB, 339x419) Image search: [Google]
1441398279405.jpg
11 KB, 339x419
>>320600480
>Devil May Cry 3: Special Edition
Wow, high scores from everyone. Ok lets see, a guitar as a weapon, Dante himself is like a goth white boy with stupid jokes, every stage seems to look the same, some of the worst Boss battles i have ever seen in a game before(The Ice Dog-the witch lady), Dante seems useless with his new moves(although he's younger), the difficulty is for the insane. For one I have a life, so i'm not going to sit at a game(WELL THIS GAME ANYWAY!) and play for 4 hours trying to figure out how to use all the "style" systems, cuz SwordMaster is prob the best. So what do we have so far, we have horrid gameplay where nothing flows like the first DMC and we have stupid characters a real crappy story(no I
>>
File: confused_black_boy.gif (767 KB, 298x298) Image search: [Google]
confused_black_boy.gif
767 KB, 298x298
Kingdom Hearts

>The best thing I could say is that if you liked FFX a lot, you'll probably enjoy KH. That said, I believe FFX to be much better.
>>
File: how.png (15 KB, 627x203) Image search: [Google]
how.png
15 KB, 627x203
>>
>>320600576
>and play for 4 hours trying to figure out how to use all the "style" systems, cuz SwordMaster is prob the best.
Actually have a point there, the style choice thing is very limited and you can only cancel combos properly with swordmaster
>>
Witcher 3

>Yet again, just another over hyped game that you shouldn't waste your money on. Splatoon will be so much better. Don't waste your money on this game. Just wait till the price goes down.

I really like this guy.
You'll never guess games of which company have 10/10 for him, don't even try.
>>
File: 1427345280162.jpg (9 KB, 184x184) Image search: [Google]
1427345280162.jpg
9 KB, 184x184
Regular basketball: "He shoots, he scores!"

Ghost Trick basketball: "This is a player. He's part of a team. There are two teams. Each time has five players. The game involves a "ball." A ball is a round, bouncy object. Their goal is to throw this "ball" through a circular metal object, or "hoop" that is 10 feet off the ground. Now, watch this. The player is holding the ball, then he throws the "ball" at the "hoop" and it goes through. Since the players on the other team did not stop him, he scored two points."
>>
>The Talos Principle
There is nothing really bad about this game per se, but all it really is is a glorified mobile puzzle game on PC. It's a first person candy crush saga. It's essentially just Portal, without the fun of a portal gun. If you like lame mobile games and easy puzzles and a really boring setting, then this game is for you. If you want real video games, steer far away from this one.
>all puzzle games are either Portal or Candy Crush
>>
File: 1306375290847.jpg (106 KB, 374x702) Image search: [Google]
1306375290847.jpg
106 KB, 374x702
>>320596170
>Skies of Arcadia
>Lowest user score is an 8
>Review still only praises the game
>>
>>320601492
Don't tempt me anon
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.