[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So why can't Western devs into women?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 6
File: infamous-first-light-2.jpg (47 KB, 740x416) Image search: [Google]
infamous-first-light-2.jpg
47 KB, 740x416
So why can't Western devs into women?
>>
>>320352821
What're you talking about. He got western women perfectly.
>>
>>320352821
You're one to talk.
>>
Rather than attempting to go beyond the bounds of social norms and reaching out to fantasy, be it high fantasy or just an alternate reality, they try to create an image that is not that of a work of fiction, but a representation of what they think modern players expect to see from real life as well as their games. This is why Western women in games are slowly progressing (Read; regressing) to neon hair colors, thick makeup, and rebellious "I am always right because I'm a woman" attitudes. Instead of originality, we're forced to have the same idea in a different package every time.
>>
File: Fetch.png (816 KB, 632x1080) Image search: [Google]
Fetch.png
816 KB, 632x1080
Loved this outfit. Great thighs and ass.
>>
File: Fetchin dat ass.png (1 MB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Fetchin dat ass.png
1 MB, 1080x1920
>>320353234
>>
File: cate.jpg (92 KB, 801x601) Image search: [Google]
cate.jpg
92 KB, 801x601
>>320352821
>implying
>>
>>320353142
>Fetch killing her brother because he tried to take her stash was retconned into the villain drugging her and making her accidentally kill her brother.

I'm not mad about the WOMEN ARE ALWAYS RIGHT thing, I'm more mad that it's such a fucking cliche device to use. I think her killing her brother in a relapse-induced rage is actually more humanising.
>>
>>320352821
No. They get it right. Most people are really average looking.
>>
File: Cute spic.jpg (99 KB, 720x1441) Image search: [Google]
Cute spic.jpg
99 KB, 720x1441
They can, you're just being a cherrypicking Weeb.
>>
Because Western Devs are obsessed with photo
realism and having the characters abnormally attractive
is immersion breaking.

A Heavily stylized game on the other hand can
be more free in that regard.
>>
Notice how the cover does a side angle shot to conceal her GIANT FUCKING CHIN.

I mean fuck, she was modelled after Laura Bailey (who is pretty attractive) but Fetch just looks like Benicio del Toro. Just looks fucking off somehow.
>>
File: InfamousFirstLightBoxArt.jpg (688 KB, 1843x2799) Image search: [Google]
InfamousFirstLightBoxArt.jpg
688 KB, 1843x2799
>>320353670
I swear I added the fucking image but there you go
>>
>>320352821
sjw
>>
So what fucking accent was she butchering the entire game?

They never should have mocapped the faces, because they not only butchered Laura Bailey's face but Troy Baker's 39 year old face on a 21 year old is fucking terrifying. I mean he's a fairly nice looking dude but not THAT young (a lot of voice actors age incredibly fucking well, though).
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.