[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What will be video games' place in future society?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: faggots.png (369 KB, 600x335) Image search: [Google]
faggots.png
369 KB, 600x335
Why the fuck has something as dumb and unimpressive as playing video games become a defining part of who you are nowadays?

Is this just a big marketing scheme to make you buy more games? People pride themselves in wasting their time with this game instead of this other one, wear clothes revealing how much they like le video games, even discuss how much a game is better than the other like their lives depended on it.

Shit, video games are even considered art by some. People watch videos of people playing video games, watch comedy videos about fucking video games, listen to podcasts about video games, name their kids Zelda or fucking Samus, have their weddings have video game references...

If things are like this now, what will they be like in 50 years?
>>
>>320078578
>>
Why the fuck has something as dumb and unimpressive as watching movies become a defining part of who you are nowadays?

Is this just a big marketing scheme to make you buy more movies? People pride themselves in wasting their time with this movie instead of this other one, wear clothes revealing how much they like le movies, even discuss how much a movie is better than the other like their lives depended on it.

Shit, movies are even considered art by some. People watch videos of people critiquing movies, watch comedy videos about fucking movies, listen to podcasts about movies, name their kids Morpheus or fucking Hermione, have their weddings have movie references...

If things are like this now, what will they be like in 50 years?
>>
>>320079721
You've summed it up well, I think
>>
>>320080264
>Why the fuck has something as dumb and unimpressive as watching movies become a defining part of who you are nowadays?

It hasn't in the same way as video games, though.

>People pride themselves in wasting their time with this movie instead of this other one
The difference is that movies CAN be pretty complex and worthy of being discussed and studied. Cinema is way more relevant and more than just entertainment.

>wear clothes revealing how much they like le movies
You know damn well this is not that common, much less in the way people wear video game merch.

>listen to podcasts about movies
You think only podcasts discuss cinema?

Your post is pretty dumb.
>>
>>320080979
this thead is p dumb tobh
>>
I miss arcades.
>>
>>320081238
No, it isn't
>>
>>320080979
takes one to know one :^)
>>
>>320081381
yes it is
>>
>>320081519
>takes one to know one :^)
Not really
>>
>>320078578
>If things are like this now, what will they be like in 50 years?
Different because people will have found something else to base their lives around.
>>
This thread is pointless.
>>
>>320082130
No, it isn't
>>
>>320078578
Jesse and dodger are funny

I like to listen to this stuff at work, and every once in a while totalbiscuit will get rekt about dumb feminism shit. I actually like the other 2 or 3 because they just seem to genuinely like playing games and talking about stuff that's fun
>>
With the way things look like right now, they will look pretty but very stagnated in their very purpose: having gameplay. Soon, they'll be nothing but glorified movies.
>>
>>320082492
>Jesse and dodger are funny

>a while totalbiscuit will get rekt about dumb feminism shit
By whom? Any links?
>>
>>320082492
You could've at least said PBG is funny. But Jesse and dodger?

Reeeeeally? Plus, Jesse is fucking insufferable
>>
>>320082546
Aren't they already?
>>
>>320083173
Hey they may be fuckin weebs and pretty slapstick but I find myself laughing out loud at the shit they say. I like them both, seem like fun people.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.