[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Share one positive thought and one negative thought about the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 21
File: 1335637644323.jpg (867 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1335637644323.jpg
867 KB, 1920x1080
Share one positive thought and one negative thought about the last game you played.
>>
>Earth Defense Force 2
Weapons are varied and amusingly destructive. I'm excited to see a new weapon drop and to test out my new toy.
The soundtrack is bland and unmemorable to the point where I want to put on my own music.
>>
>Yakuza 5

>Positive
Holy fucking shit this game has a lot to do and I'm not even out of the Kiryu part yet after playing for several hours.

>Negative
I was fighting some guys and one of them had a fire hydrant and just fucking spraying the fire hydrant stuff at my chest somehow caused me to immediately lose half my health and die before I even noticed anything was wrong. How is that Kiryu can take several hits to the face with a sledgehammer, but then can't handle getting some foam on his shirt? Is he fire? I had to redo like 5-ish minutes of punching guys to get back there again.
>>
>>319964375
Smite is loads of fun when you have a good team.
Smite is not very funny when you have a shit team.
>>
assfaggots are not fun.

assfaggots have so much replayability that I get bored of other games.

send help.
>>
Pacman EX champion ship edition or whatever

It was really fun

for about 5 minutes
>>
File: Yakuza5.jpg (212 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Yakuza5.jpg
212 KB, 1280x720
Fuckloads of fun, so much to do, great combat, everything.

Level up system is dumb because I don't know what's next and I feel blind.
>>
>>319965214
yeah that's how I felt about that game. Only fun for like 20 minutes at a time tops. Finishing up everything took tons of sittings because it's only fun in short bursts.
>>
>Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: All Star Battle

>Good Jojo game, plenty of fanservice in cast and stages

>REALLY bad fighting game
>>
Farcry 4
Looks nice and is pretty fun

Can't pause or skip cutscenes
>>
>Borderlands 2
PRO: Fun, addictive gameplay
CON: Poor quest design that often requires you to fetch an item, or kill things. It's like a bad MMO.
>>
>>319964375
>my Ludum Dare 34 prototype
The concept of it is cool
I have to work all day tomorrow on it if I don't want my coworker to pick on me for dropping out
>>
>>319964375
>Multiplayer balance is at is best since launch
>Awful TV tier Sci-fi writing ruined the campaign
Anyone want to guess?
>>
>>319964375
Borderlands
Good game, having fun with my LAN party.

Story and maps feel bland.
>>
>>319964375
rust
its graphics aren't that bad
everyone who plays it is a meanie
>>
>new Dwarf Fortress update
Pro: Multicultural forts are a thing now
Con: Multicultural forts are a thing now
>>
>>319964375
>Fallout 4
>Positive
The Character creator is breddy gud. The voice is retarded but it's nice to be able to make a character that doesn't look like a potatoe. The story is also slightly better than what Bethesda normally puts out.
>Negative
Game looks like ass and there are bugs everywhere. Factions are retarded.
>>
File: 1446865032.jpg (107 KB, 1280x853) Image search: [Google]
1446865032.jpg
107 KB, 1280x853
Only played two games lately.

>Fallout 4

Weapon customization is awesome and gives all the useless junk that's scattered about an important role.

The writing is atrocious even when the dialogue system wants to work, in which it rarely does.

>Undertale

Genuinely heartwarming at parts with music that absolutely nails the atmosphere.

Most boss fights in pacifist boil down to waiting until dialogue plays out, and in genocide it's a grind fest for all but two fights.
>>
>Stella Glow

>Good
The gameplay was solid. It started off a bit slow, but picked up a few chapters in and I was hooked

>Bad
There was no way to skip certain animations, which made certain buff turns last for ages. That, and there will never ever be a sequel or full OST because the company is ded
>>
File: fio.png (142 KB, 300x650) Image search: [Google]
fio.png
142 KB, 300x650
>Metal Slug X

>Positive
It's fucking Metal Slug and it has best girl

>Negative
Steam port has wonky online play
>>
>final fantasy xiii

It's really pretty but it's also really fucking after the first couple hours or corridoring.
>>
File: image.gif (150 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
150 KB, 320x240
>>319966798
>It's really pretty but it's also really fucking
>>
>>319966670
FightCade can help you with online play, it's the new GGPO service with a few new supported games, Metal Slug X is supported, along with others
>>
>Binding of Isaac Rebirth

The sheer amount of items and item combinations makes the game extremely replayable.

If you don't get good items you will lose so it's mostly luck based if you beat it or not.
>>
>>319967286
I might try it out. Most of my friends use Steam tho
>>
File: rubandwear.gif (456 KB, 480x350) Image search: [Google]
rubandwear.gif
456 KB, 480x350
>Killing Floor 2

>Positive
Improves upon pretty much everything that made Killing Floor great.

>Negative
Needs more content before I can justify a purchase.

Thankfully, it will most likely get more content before getting out of Early Access.

>mfw starting my first match after a really shitty day
>>
>>319967569
Tell them to get FightCade, too. It's free, you just need a compatible ROM, I have a link to the ROM pack
>>
Fallout 4

Building is fun and has some depth to it

It's repetitive and can get boring quickly
>>
File: 2015-12-11-183108.jpg (117 KB, 960x544) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-11-183108.jpg
117 KB, 960x544
>EDF2 V2
Good enemy variety.
The game's audio setup is garbage and distracting
>>
Nuclear Throne

Reached the throne

Balls kill you in one hit
>>
File: 1437413197115.jpg (41 KB, 680x793) Image search: [Google]
1437413197115.jpg
41 KB, 680x793
Blood Bowl 2
>positive
I like the races
>negative
STOP ROLLING GODDAMN ONES
>>
File: FastRacingNeo.jpg (248 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
FastRacingNeo.jpg
248 KB, 1920x1080
>>319964375
>Fast Racing Neo
The two color phasing mechanic is really cool and keeps you on your toes if you want to go fast.
There are these weird track design oversights in multiple levels that make you play the landing animation even if you're seemingly driving on a straight road.
>>
>kid chameleon

It's labyrinthine level structure gives massive replay value

It's rather cliche, though, and the controls take hard to get used to.

>nuclear throne

Challenging as fuck, many different characters and weapons, very fair RNG so you need skill and not luck.

Only goes at 30fps
>>
File: Portrait_of_Ruin.jpg (58 KB, 465x416) Image search: [Google]
Portrait_of_Ruin.jpg
58 KB, 465x416
+: Very enjoyable and occaisionally challenging Igavania which does a good job honoring the series without overdoing it.

-: Anime art style and dialogue
>>
>Valkyrie Drive
+Great combat system with cool mechanics to experiment

-Easy as fuck unless you put it on hard mode and purposely gimp yourself.
>>
>>319966364
Fallout 4 for me as well.

>Good
Power Armor is the best it's ever been and actually feels like it should.

>Bad
You get it too early on and the game just throws more and more of it at you, trivializing the content even on the hardest difficulty.
>>
>COD: Black Ops 3

>Positive
Probably the best multiplayer thus far. I love how fast paced it is while not being super sanic speeds like Advanced Warfare was

>Negative
It's Call of Duty.
>>
>Path of Exile
The latest patch seems to have evened out leveling a lot, but skill interactions are still unclear and arbitrary as fuck. Why bother building a keyword system for support gems if you're going to make random, arbitrary exceptions?
>>
Fallout 4
>positive

It's more of Fallout 3.

>negative

My reward for completing Vault 75 was a FUCKING PIPE REVOLVER

A FUCKING OVERSEER KEPT A PIPE REVOLVER IN HIS FUCKING MASTER-LEVEL LOCK SAFE

WHAT THE FUCK
>>
+: Best stealthing options and controls the series has ever had

-: lacks the cohesion, nuance, and immersion of previous titles
>>
>>319964375
>Warframe

Has great music and visuals.
I can't get that fucking drop.
>>
File: 2015-12-13_00002.jpg (169 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-13_00002.jpg
169 KB, 1920x1080
>MGSV

>Positive
It's really pretty and the gameplay is solid. That's too things but fuck off.

>Negative
Impossible to boil it down to one thing, so much wrong with the game. Unfinished, pointless open world, repetitive, weak story, characters, completely sacrifices tone of the original games, poor level design among countless other things.
>>
>>319964375
Company of Heroes 2
4v4 is fun. Stupid fun.
Optimisation. I have at least 2 crashes per day.
>>
>Fallout 4
+The settlement building was oddly addictive and fun
-Even on the hardest difficulty, everything just feels weak and trivial unless you intentionally ignore Power Armor and stronger weapons

>Street Fighter V
+Feels incredibly satisfying to land moves as Rainbow Mika
-Feels like matches end too fast sometimes
>>
>>319964375
Binding of isaac afterbirth
>positive
Wow i got some great rng back there, knocked out 3 cain unlocks. Noice.
This game is fun and makes me feel happy!
>negative
Jesus fucking christ angel rooms suck why didnt i just bite the bullet and take betrayal or guppys collar on the first devil deal fuck
>>
>pathologic

great atmosphere

doesn't rain enough
>>
File: 2015-12-08_00001.jpg (371 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-08_00001.jpg
371 KB, 1920x1080
TERA

>Positive
Brawler is a lot of fun and the new leveling system makes it much quicker to level which was a major problem at launch. Seriously, try leveling a lancer, priest, or mystic during launch TERA. It was a nightmare.

>Negative
Gender-locked classes and a upsettingly sparse end-game that relies more on microtransactions than actual gameplay.
>>
>>319970712
>2 things
>7 things
You're doing it wrong, gaylord.
>>
Titan quest: immortal throne

I'm not a fan of dungeon crawlers but this always keeps me amused for a while. I enjoy finding new stuff and seeing if I can beat my previous time on clearing acts or bosses with that new gear.

Unfortunately I'm not sure if it's my connection of the servers but I have a really hard time getting online to play with other people since otherwise it can get boring and/or lonely kinda fast.
>>
Killing Floor 2 is fun. Guns all feel really great to shoot, the maps are all really solid, and I really dig the soundtrack.

It's incomplete as fuck though, they went full jew and released an unfinished game. I know it's "early access", but that shit has been out for over a year or whatever and they've added very little to it. At the rate they're updating the game, I doubt it'll be finished any time before fucking 2017. It's frustrating because they could have had a really solid game here, but everyone will be so burnt out by the time it's completed everyone will move one.

I regret paying money for it
>>
>>319971289
Tell me about this game.

And how much can I get out of it for free?
>>
>Bioshock
>Pos:
Great fun and really intriguing lore and atmosphere.

>Neg:
Absolute pain in the ass to set up on the PC
>>
>>319964375
>Mass Effect 1
Positive: Rich deep universe.
Negative: Sluggish combat controls.
>>
>>319971481
Quite a bit actually. But the end-game is mostly waifu crafting. PvP is fun, but less and less people are doing it these days. PvE is alright, but they've got the WoW problem where as soon as new content comes out the old content is worthless.
>>
King's Bounty Armored Princess

This game rewards and expects me to poke around and find bullshit ways of completing it.

Everyone who hasn't played it is now a complete faggot in my eyes
>>
File: 2015-12-09_00002.jpg (263 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-09_00002.jpg
263 KB, 1920x1080
>>319971604
Forgot my loli screenshot with my post.
>>
File: image.png (939 KB, 1000x500) Image search: [Google]
image.png
939 KB, 1000x500
>finally does open world right
>typical jrpg bullshit cutscene overload
>>
>>319964375
Don't Starve
Managing all the resources in a constant bid for survival is fun to me.
Summer is an entire season of randomized AI Willow griefing which only detracts from the fun of the game.
>>
>>319971604
>>319971713
Can I grind for shit or is there dosh-only stuff?
>>
>>319964375
>XCOM EW, Classic Difficulty with all options but most importantly Damage Roulette and New Economy

>Bad
RNG fucked me over big time

>Good
There was always an illusion that I could pull through until the very end
>>
>>319970510
>>positive
>It's more of Fallout 3.

shit taste shit person
>>
File: image.jpg (60 KB, 377x304) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
60 KB, 377x304
Dark Souls offline because I'd never pay for Gold on Xbox
>the areas are interesting and beautiful
>the combat is repetitive
>>
File: 2015-06-03_00002.jpg (666 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2015-06-03_00002.jpg
666 KB, 1920x1080
>>319971820
Well, everything from the cash shop can be sold in-game so you can grind up a ton of money to buy that shit from others, but it's easier to work a shift at McDonalds and buy it yourself.
>>
Ultra Street Fighter IV
>positive
It's simpler than shit like GG and Blazblue so it's easier for me to get into.
>negative
Despite that, i'm still total trash and get bodied by literally everybody.
>>
>>319964375
>Uncharted 4 Multiplayer Beta

Positive: The gameplay mechanics are solid and pleasing as fuck.

Negative: Naughty Dog's netcode is horseshit.
>>
Killer is Dead

>Good
Gameplay is fucking fun as shit holy crackers

>Bad
How the fuck am I supposed to pull 100,000,000 dollars out of my ass for that Legendary Executioner costume for Mondo? Fuck
>>
File: THE BEST.webm (3 MB, 1150x720) Image search: [Google]
THE BEST.webm
3 MB, 1150x720
>>319964375

>CSGO
>It's shit
>It's great for shitposting
>>
>>319972006
Is it fun
>>
>>319972012
You'll find a surprising amount of depth in SF4. It may seem simpler at first, but getting those one frame links and knowledge of when to pull off FADC combos gets pretty complicated pretty quick.
>>
>>319966096
ME3
>>
File: 2015-12-09_00003.jpg (195 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-09_00003.jpg
195 KB, 1920x1080
>>319972081
I think so, but it's not for everyone and I only come back for a month or so at a time before getting burned out. The game's free and quick to download. Just give it a shot yourself. At worst you'll waste a little bit of time.
>>
>Ikaruga
>it's fun
>i'm shit at bullet hell games
>>
Assassin's Creed Unity

>Positive
The graphics are beautiful and French Revolution Paris is just well-crafted and gorgeous.

>Negative
Lots of glitches especially on NPCs.
>>
File: 1396300260934.gif (1 MB, 916x544) Image search: [Google]
1396300260934.gif
1 MB, 916x544
>Elite Dangerous

It looks amazing and its incredibly immersive.

It's got 100 billion "randomly generated" star systems that all might as well be exactly the same, and there is nothing to do but grind.
>>
>Just Cause 3

Amazingly detailed world, really feels like you're wingsuiting around a cluster of Mediterranean islands

Brainless random encounters, dragging a car to a gas station and hijacking cars and losing the heat felt like lazy writing and were only shoehorned in to lengthen the game.
>>
The Order 1886

>Holy fuck this games beautiful

>I wish it was more game and less video.
>>
>>319964375
Fallout 4
Positive: Exploration is fun
Negative: Dialogue choices are terrible
Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 21

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.