[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Gameplay Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix > Kingdom Hearts 1
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6
File: KHX_2nd_Anniversary_01.png (232 KB, 339x480) Image search: [Google]
KHX_2nd_Anniversary_01.png
232 KB, 339x480
>Gameplay
Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix > Kingdom Hearts 1 Final Mix > Re:Coded > Birth by Sleep Final Mix > Dream Drop Distance > Re:Chain of Memories >>>>> 358/2 Days

>Story
Re:Chain of Memories > 358/2 Days > Kingdom Hearts 1 Final Mix > Birth by Sleep Final Mix > Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix >>> Re:Coded >>>>>>> Dream Drop Distance

How is my taste /v/? Also, Kingdom Hearts thread
>>
>>319909163
People always say Days had a good story but I don't agree. I think it was pretty disappointing. I wanted to learn more about the organization as a whole as well as get some more time with the other members. I got Xion power hour instead.
>>
File: tetsuya and nomura.jpg (119 KB, 592x394) Image search: [Google]
tetsuya and nomura.jpg
119 KB, 592x394
>>319909364

Well, it's the only KH game where Tetsuya Nomura actually wrote himself. Usually he comes up with the main plot and the story twists and he hands it off to the writers but Days he wrote himself.

I loved it because it gave the characters depth and they behaved like actual real people. Not mention Roxas, Axel, Xion and Riku to an extent got so much character development.

Sucks Nomura will never write another script himself again because it's too draining but the guy can actually write a good story and characters surprisingly
>>
File: that's nuts.gif (1018 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
that's nuts.gif
1018 KB, 500x281
>>319910040
Did he? I thought he had minimal involvment with the whole project. I think my problem with Days stems from the fact that I was hoping for something different than what we got, on top of how annoying it was to 100%, I do admit that I liked that we got more time with Axel and Roxas.
>>
>>319910452

>Did he? I thought he had minimal involvment with the whole project

What made you think that? Disney gives Nomura full creative control of the series. Hell, in a recent interview Nomura straight up said he can do whatever he wants and Disney doesn't stop him.

But yes Days, Nomura spent two weeks in a hotel room, eating nothing but can food and writing the story. He said that the process was rough and that "He'll probably never write another story again".
>>
Finally somebody who doesn't cocksuck birth by sleep. Game is overrated as fuck
>>
>>319911278
I got to the data Eraqus boss in BBSFM and think it's up one of the better boss fights in the series so they have that.
>>
>>319909163
I disagree
>>
File: 1417264721952.jpg (14 KB, 357x402) Image search: [Google]
1417264721952.jpg
14 KB, 357x402
>>319911661

>Boss fights in BBSFM
>Good

BBSFM has the worse boss fights and designs in the entire series. It's not programmed well at all. Take the Terranort final fight in Terrra's story for example

>Forget EVERYTHING you learned in the game so far
>Just spam block + counter attack and then use shotlock when Terranort is using Meteor

Not to mention bosses will not get stunned at all and can counterattack you while you are fucking attacking them. That's a major fuck up
>>
File: 350px-Infernal_Engine_KHD.png (163 KB, 350x286) Image search: [Google]
350px-Infernal_Engine_KHD.png
163 KB, 350x286
>>319912179
The boss fights might have been lackluster for the most part, but can you honestly say it has the worst designs when shit like this exists? I'd say DDD also has some low tier boss designs as well.
>>
File: 1423378059673.png (121 KB, 575x325) Image search: [Google]
1423378059673.png
121 KB, 575x325
>>319913261

I didn't mean designs from an art stand point. I meant, boss fights weren't designed properly (from a programming standpoint)

Like how bosses won't get stunned and can counterattack while you are attack or how most of the time your command deck is utterly useless so you have to spam shotlock on bosses. That's what I meant
>>
>>319913737
I hate the fact that bosses refuse to be stunned in the handheld titles. I don't know what compelled Osaka to do away with that, it makes it almost impossible to attack and on higher difficulties, especially in BBS you get fucked if you don't time your surges right. It really feels like they were too lazy and makes almost all commands completely useless.
>>
>>319914367
In BBS, certain bosses are prone to magnet and gravity spells.
>>
>>319913261

DDD has the best bosses hand down, really dificult but challening. The secret boss can suck my dick though
>>
>>319909163
>Gameplay
>Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix > Kingdom Hearts 1 Final Mix
Debatable. Technically KH2 improved a lot but I'm not a fan of how it took the series into a more action oriented style than RPG. KH1 is the only one that really felt rooted as an RPG, 2 feels closer to a DMC or Bayonetta with RPG-like mechanics like Equipment.
>>
>>319916838
He really was the weakest secret boss in the series aside from the Dustflier
>>
>>319912179
Yea there were two I remember where I found out the bosses could literally not hit you if you stand in a certain place maleficent dragon and hades and then just proceed to spam magic while they can't hit you.this was my first time too I can't really recall any other KH boss fights with such glaring flaws.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.