[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Unpopular Vidya Opinions
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 173
Thread images: 32
File: tumblr_n7k5hdWFa71rfwfq9o1_400.jpg (38 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n7k5hdWFa71rfwfq9o1_400.jpg
38 KB, 300x300
>Interactive stories are not video games, they are visual novels. There has to be gameplay for it to be a game
>The last of Us is barely a game and should have just been a movie
>Skill wise, RTS, FPS, and fighting games are the most challenging (not on console though as they have bullet lock)
>FFX is probably the best final fantasy game of all time
>FFVII is overrated and crisis core is actually a really solid game
>Darksouls 2 +Scholar of the First Sin is better than any other game in the series

>Consoles only exist because they take games hostage and call them "exclusive"
>Localization changes between regions are not censorship. No one is forcing the company to do anything, they CHOOSE to remove things so that their games will have a certain rating. No one can force them to censor anything
>League of Legends is kind of fun but its full of sjw cry babbies that would rather tattle and throw a temper tantrum every time they get told off than actually improve
>Having Quiet roll around half naked doing retarded awkward poses in MGSV all game completely trivialized her character and is one of the reasons the series is dead
>Fap bait games are fine as long as you keep in mind that most women irl are not like that
>Not all female video game characters should have to be extremely attractive or wear skimpy clothing to satisfy your overactive libido. Its ok if some of them dont.
>SJW's dont have nearly as much power or persuasion over the industry as half of you seem to think they do
>IF a company chooses to not release something in NA they probably created the sjw backlash themselves just to sell more copies
>Its ok if people enjoy games that you dont
>Its ok if normies enjoy casual games
>New Vegas was not that much better than 3
>Arthas literally did nothing wrong when he purged strathholme
>/v/ is one of the worst boards on 4chan
>most of you will die sad and alone
>>
>>319827179
>Interactive stories are not video games, they are visual novels. There has to be gameplay for it to be a game

Agreed on both of these.

Maybe if it didn't have the worst level design barring FFXIII.

I can agree on the former but you are wrong for thinking crisis core is any better. It's like saying the Star Wars prequels are better than the original trilogy, sure it's your opinion but it's still factually incorrect.
>>
As for some of my own unpopular opinions:

>Chrono Trigger is overrated as fuck and far from the holy grail of JRPGs it's made out to be
>the Mega Man Zero series sucks ass, ESPECIALLY the second one
>the classic Castlevania games are indeed fantastic but hardly any better than the metroidvanias that succeeded them
>Minish Cap was the last good Zelda game
>>
DDR should be the only game to considered an "e-sport."

>can be competitive
>requires precision & coordination
>actually physically challenging
>>
>>319827179
Bloodborne is the best souls game.
>>
File: image.jpg (45 KB, 400x388) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45 KB, 400x388
FF8 was great
>>
>>319827179

have you even played the game? yeah, you didnt
>>
>nintendo is the only company making actual consoles, sony and ms make babby mode PCs so they can collect royalties on software sales
>>
File: krusty.jpg (8 KB, 206x250) Image search: [Google]
krusty.jpg
8 KB, 206x250
>>319827179
Almost all JRPGs made in the 20th century have aged really poorly.

Final Fantasy Tactics is the only good FF game.
>>
>>319827179
Fair enough. They can still be fun, though.

Yes.

>Skill wise, RTS, FPS, and fighting games are the most challenging (not on console though as they have bullet lock)
Fighting games??? I hope you are jesting.

FF is trash.

>Consoles only exist because they take games hostage and call them "exclusive"
Yes.

>>Localization changes between regions are not censorship. No one is forcing the company to do anything, they CHOOSE to remove things so that their games will have a certain rating.
It is possible to CHOOSE to censor shit, you fucking mongoloid.

>League of Legends is kind of fun
Kill yourself.

>Having Quiet roll around half naked doing retarded awkward poses in MGSV all game completely trivialized her character and is one of the reasons the series is dead
Trivialized the character, but has nothing to do with the series being dead.

>Fap bait games are fine as long as you keep in mind that most women irl are not like that
Fap bait games are insulting and have shit gameplay.

>Not all female video game characters should have to be extremely attractive
Yeah, fair enough.

>SJW's dont have nearly as much power or persuasion over the industry as half of you seem to think they do
Not on a personal level, but their opinions do seem to govern the overall discourse.

>IF a company chooses to not release something in NA they probably created the sjw backlash themselves just to sell more copies
That makes no sense, but I believe it.

Absolutely not.

No.

>New Vegas was not that much better than 3
But it was better.
>>
>>319827179

It really is sad how unpopular these opinions are, at least on /v/.

And yet somehow you won't?

>>319830265
It's literally Uncharted: Zombies and Feels Edition
>>
>>319827179
>Arthas literally did nothing wrong when he purged strathholme
Just like Hitler? You edgy little retard.

>/v/ is one of the worst boards on 4chan
Yes. /lit/ is worse, though.

I'm engaged and have family, so I doubt the alone part. Sad, yes.
>>
>>319827179
>DaS2

Enjoy the shitposting. I agree though.
>>
>>319829738
All real-time games are physically challenging, mongoloid.
It doesn't have to be physically exhausting to be physically challenging.
Also, all real sports suck balls, so I don't see why anyone would want their status.
>>
>>319830265
>getting mad in an unpopular opinions thread
>>
i think video games are fun
>>
>Fap bait games are fine

??????
>>
>>319831249
That opinion is only unpopular on /v/.
>>
>>319831249
>unironically having fun with video games

Kill yourself
>>
Mortal Kombat X was my game of the year. I don't play on PC but I was given a long lasting, consistently satisfying experience with my friends.
>>
>>319831480
Mortal Kombat X > Street Fighter V

How is that for unpopular opinions?
>>
The video game industry is fine the way it is
>>
File: 1448327685309.jpg (101 KB, 687x900) Image search: [Google]
1448327685309.jpg
101 KB, 687x900
Undertale is neither good nor bad. It's just mediocre.

Anybody that legitimately complains about fanservice not being localized is a retard (especially if it's the costumes in Fatal Frame being removed)

The ass slap being removed from the new Street Fighter isn't censorship

Feminism being looped in with misandry and otherkins is ridiculous

Sm4sh > Melee

Bravely Default is a great game and there's nothing wrong with having to repeat the boss fights

The 3DS is better than any of the other current gen consoles

Final Fantasy is a mediocre series

Daisy is a shit character and any of her fans should fuck off

Saying 'kek' is the equivalent of saying 'u mad bro' or any other meme phrase

Almost everybody you call an SJW is just fucking baiting you idiots

There's nothing wrong with Zero Suit Samus

The way Nintendo keeps presenting Wario as le gross farting man is hilarious and they need to keep it up
>>
>>319827179
>sjw defense force the post
>>
>>319831696
I would agree based on my opinions of the beta but I still want SF5. I tend to like fighting games more often than I hate them so I spend a whole lot of time playing different ones.

The only massively disappointing fighting game of the previous generation was Skullgirls
>>
>>319831870
>not being a gamergater makes you an sjw
epic
>>
>>319827179
>>Having Quiet roll around half naked doing retarded awkward poses in MGSV all game completely trivialized her character and is one of the reasons the series is dead
>>Fap bait games are fine as long as you keep in mind that most women irl are not like that

Reading these two sentences together is just hilarious.
>>
>Creativity in games (for the most part) are dead
>most video games are made by hipster shits or casual, 50 year old men and that's why most games are either copy paste or have a boring concept
>the consumers keep buying shitty games so the companies keep making even shittier games to see what they can get away with
>one day a "truly great" game will appear. It will be hailed as a 10/10 across every website (even /v/) and will make many people realize the utter lack in quality in their games. Companies will be forced to either up the quality of their games or be left in the dust.
>TF2 isn't dead
>>
File: bad dudes.jpg (13 KB, 247x186) Image search: [Google]
bad dudes.jpg
13 KB, 247x186
>Final Fantasy is a highly overrated trendy game.
>Mario Kart is boring and dumbed down racing
>Need for speed is another dumbed down overpriced racing series
>Sonic was fun 30 years ago
>>
File: 22c.png (82 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
22c.png
82 KB, 625x626
>>319827179
>Darksouls 2 +Scholar of the First Sin is better than any other game in the series
>>
>>319827660
All a matter of opinion. Cant be factually incorrect
>>
Elder Scrolls lore is stupid.
>>
File: 256px-R_cover.jpg (19 KB, 256x372) Image search: [Google]
256px-R_cover.jpg
19 KB, 256x372
Pic related is the best horror game ever made.
>>
>>319831323
Not him but fap bait games don't usually attempt to present themselves as things that should be taken seriously.
>>
>>319832976
this. A fap game is meant to be fap bait. MGS games try to pass themselves off as military shooters+ espionage. Having quiet felt completely out of place.
>>
>Gaming on a whole died when SEGA discontinued the Dreamcast.
>The FPS genre needs to die.
>>
>64 is the best smash
>I will never understand why people like Smash Peach. She's a bitch and looks like she's 40 in that game.
>If you taunt after one kill your a fag. Kick my ass first then taunt
>Twisted Metal 4 wasn't that bad
>Bitching about an old game because it aged poorly is retarded. Learn to fucking play with limitations or accept that you've been spoiled by more modern and easier to control games
>The NSMB games are all fun and had soul except NSMBWii, but it was still fun
>Mario Kart 64 had the best multiplayer out of all of them
>Super Circuit wasn't that bad
>Bowser's inside Story is just as good as SSS, but it's longer
>Sakurai needs to stop making stupid ass decisions with smash and just make the game full of fan service and balance.
>Brawl wasn't as bad as it was made out to be. It just wasn't as competitive
>>
Paper Mario Sticker Star is better than TTYD
>>
>>319835107
How?
>>
Chrono Trigger isn't that good of a game, and I have a very strong feeling that the majority of its "fans" only call it the best game ever made just to fit in with the hardcore JRPG crowd.

The whole Metal Gear Solid series is boring, self-important nonsense and I'm glad that shit is finally coming to an end.

Mortal Kombat X > Street Fighter V

Mega Man X > classic Mega Man
>>
>>319837463
Yes
Yes
I never cared about either series but I'm going to disagree with you just for the sake of disagreeing
No
>>
>>319837594
>I'm going to disagree with you just for the sake of disagreeing

wow, rude
>>
I think I like super paper mario the most out of all the paper mario games.
>>
As good as it is overall, Bloodborne is very poorly designed mechanically

>can't just respawn enemies by sitting at a lamp, you need to go to the Hunter's Dream and back, which is about 80 seconds of loading screen
>having to farm Blood Vials and Quicksilver bullets every time
>enemies hit like a freight train after Byrgenwerth as the recommended level jumps up by 20
>can't upgrade armor sets, so you're forced to power level vitality
>no way to repair weapons on the go
>NPC hunters have unlimited bullets and stamina

I get that they were trying new things, but some of the shit in that game is inexcusable.
>>
Metal Gear is stupid
>>
All e-celeb "reviewers" are attention-whoring faggots with shit opinions and couldn't master a game to save their lives.
>>
>>319838242
literally get good nigga
>>
>>319838242
everything except for the lamp warp/respawns and repairs are only problems if you are a shitter. Bloodborne gives you way more ways to deal with things than the other souls games and if you have trouble on anything pre-rom there IS a way to make it easy. NPC hunters are cheap but they would be a joke if they could run out of bullets and the repair thing is only an issue with certain very specific cursed gems.

Upgrading armor and defense in general is unnecessary as fuck in BB, Souls was already made easy by equipping low defense armor+darkwood grain ring but Bloodborne is "don't fucking get hit" the game.
>>
>>319837463
>mkx over street fighter v
I love MK and hate SF but that's fucking stupid. SFV isn't even out and MKX sucks.
>>
>>319838242
You're right about blood vials. The estus system was a huge improvement over Demon's Souls's farmable healing items. I have no idea why they regressed in Bloodborne. If you're a good player and don't run out it doesn't make a difference, but if you're new to the series you'll end up running out, probably while trying to throw yourself at a boss. Something as basic as healing shouldn't be something you run out of. I'm all for souls-style games requiring skill and proficiency, but all the blood vial system does is punish bad players for being bad which was never the point.
>>
File: top crab.png (154 KB, 575x616) Image search: [Google]
top crab.png
154 KB, 575x616
unpopular opinion:
/v/ is NOWHERE NEAR as bad as people say it is and it's one of the better boards on the site.

>/vg/
Great to discuss new games for about a month, then it devolves into a boring circlejerk guest starring stale memes and tripfags
>/tv/
fucking horrible board, memes have destroyed any semblance of actual discussion to the point where it is almost impossible to find. /tv/ is also by far the most pretentious board while simultaneously seeming the most obnoxious, underage or retarded.
>/co/
Just awful, has terrible taste in cartoons and is tumblr central. Modern comics are shit, and most modern cartoons are too.
>/b/ and /r9k/
I don't even need to talk about these shitholes, /b/ is hardly even considered part of the same site anymore.
>/x/
go here if you want to see genuine, bonafide mental illness in action. These guys are fucking crazy in a really sad, pathetic way, and this is coming from a believer in the paranormal.
>>
File: 1436662069554.jpg (53 KB, 500x683) Image search: [Google]
1436662069554.jpg
53 KB, 500x683
Brawl>64>Melee>4
>>
>>319840002
>/v/ is NOWHERE NEAR as bad as people say it is and it's one of the better boards on the site.
Gamergater detected
>>
>>319840002
>/v/ is NOWHERE NEAR as bad as people say it is and it's one of the better boards on the site.

Maybe if we had some better mods then sure.

You forgot to mention /a/ and their "muh sekrit club" mentality.
>>
Unpopular opinion:

Visual Novels are games. Gameplay does not matter.
>>
Unpopular opnion: video games don't have to be games
>>
>>319840152
fuck off retard

>>319840179
Yeah, I rarely visit /a/ and they are really faggy with their secret club shit, especially because all they are guarding is moe garbage.
>>
>>319839978
I'm in shock that they made getting more such a hassle. One vial should not be 720 Blood Echoes, it should be 100 tops. So you gotta go through Central Yharnam and hope for drops.
>>
>>319840320
Do you even watch any anime? There hasn't been a straight up moe show in ages
>>
>>319840598
>>>>umaru
>>
>>319840002
>/co/
>tumblr central
Fuck that. /co/ gets the most triggered by SJWs because of their obvious influence on comics. Just because we don't spout nigger and kike all the time or derail any attempt at discussion concerning a female doesn't mean we're Tumblr central.
>terrible taste in cartoons
Okay, that one's true.
>>
>They censor to lower the rating

Objectively incorrect. ESRB allows skimpy outfits and slight sexualization it T games, and even Fatal Frame (rated M) got changed. No, the changes didn't drop it from M to T.
>>
>>319840598
Yuru Yuri is airing right now, isn't it?
>>
The Last of Us was a fantastic game with some of the best stealth game play mechanics I've experienced, incredible physics, great graphics and an engaging story. /v/ hates it because it's popular.
>>
>>319827179
>OP is a fag
Oh wait, that's actually a majority opinion
>>
>>319840627
/co/ is definitely the most tumblresque board besides /lgbt/ or something. I've seen people on /co/ whine about something being offensive, and most replies agree with them.

Maybe it's changed recently, I stopped browsing a while back except now I go for an occasional Samurai Jack thread.
>>
>>319840741
Fucking AssCreed had better stealth gameplay than TLOU.
>>
>>319840320
>fuck off retard
great comeback senpai
>>
>>319840891
Hey, contrarian shit eater, here's a thought. Most people like to breathe, so why don't you do the hipster thing and stop doing it since it's so popular.
>>
>>319841010
it was directly proportional to the quality of your post, and even that is being generous
>>
>>319840891
AssCreed has some of the shittiest stealth mechanics of any major game
>>
>>319841054
>hurr youre just a hipster for disliking my fav game

You should do yourself a favor and stay off the internet forever.
>>
>>319841185
So does TLOU.
>>
File: 1449457593664.jpg (247 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
1449457593664.jpg
247 KB, 700x700
>>319827179
>Not all female video game characters should have to be extremely attractive or wear skimpy clothing to satisfy your overactive libido. Its ok if some of them dont.
> unpopular
>>
>2D fighting games are shit and should be replaced entirely by 3D fighting games like Tekken, only reason that hasn't happened is because of autists and old nintendofags

>Mafia 2 is better in every way than 1, anyone who says otherwise hasn't played 1 or just doesn't remember how terrible it actually was

>games without voice acting are overrated

>Fallout 3 and NV are equally terrible

> Only redeemable quality in Bioshock is the setting and parts of the story, the combat focused too much on System Shock 2 and it ultimately sucked because of that

>Resident Evil 4 was the beginning of the end

>Sports games are fun

>FF7 is overrated
>>
>>319827179
What do you base TloU being a movie on? It had some long cutscenes?

It had more game variety than half the games out there, it still rewards exploration, it allows multiple play styles to tackle each encounter, there are RPG elements to vary gameplay.

Well meme'd though.
>>
>>319841271
Fuck you, buddy. Any time, bitch. Name the place. I'll shit you up so good, asshat. I'll blow your shit out. Fight me in real life, bitch. Fuck you.
>>
File: hokuto-musou-1.jpg (147 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
hokuto-musou-1.jpg
147 KB, 1280x720
He's a great character /v/ only hates out of self loathing that they'll never be as noble.
>>
>>319841738
>>
>>319827179
>Bioshock Infinite and TLOU were the two best games of the last 15 years
>>
Jews aren't all that bad.
>>
File: congrats.jpg (51 KB, 500x329) Image search: [Google]
congrats.jpg
51 KB, 500x329
>>319841587
>>
File: JOJOQUOTES.jpg (74 KB, 889x500) Image search: [Google]
JOJOQUOTES.jpg
74 KB, 889x500
>>319841864
>>
File: 2NhLaP1.jpg (490 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
2NhLaP1.jpg
490 KB, 1280x720
I love all of you and most of you are good people who just choose to unwind by posting things to upset people here, but in real life you're great.

We're a family, united by video games (and video game accessories).
>>
>>319841587
At the very first point you outed yourself as a fucking retard. No matter what genre, people who insist 2D is "outdated" or "obsolete" are fucking idiots.

Soul Calibur is my favorite fighting game series by the way.
>>
>>319842173
I really hope JoJo fags realize this got old years ago. Like it's Rick Astley-tier overdone.
>>
>>319842010
#openbordersforisrael
>>
>>319828531
Even Minish Cap wasn't that great.
>>
I enjoy Nintendo games.
>>
>>319842174
I agree with you and can tolerate any shitposting besides when people go
>BAAHHAHAHAHA
or
>HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
it is fucking irritating, it's such a childish and obnoxious way to shitpost. Looking at that combination of letters makes me fucking mad.
>>
>>319841465
It's definitely unpopular on /v/. There are countless threads daily ridiculing games for not having female characters that aren't 10/10s.
>>
>>319842198
Not that guy but I've always wanted to get into Soul Calibur, should I jump right into the newer games or try playing some of the older ones first? The only one I've actually played is Soul Edge by the way.
>>
File: 32M3kpf.jpg (472 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
32M3kpf.jpg
472 KB, 1280x720
>>319842349
>>
>>319842289
Were those subtitles made by Duwang or some shit?
>>
>>319842379
I would straight up start with 5. It's the best gameplay by far, and the main downsides are roster issues that you won't really notice if you haven't played the older ones. It's also still somewhat active online.

Play it anon, it's confusing at first, but feels great once you get in the groove of things and it has a really good character creator.
>>
>>319842349
Nah I'm not going to do it.
>>
>>319842590
god bless you friend
>>
>>319842527
Cheers for the tip.
>>
>>319842289
JoJo fags are literally Akagi sockpuppets, always have been
>>
>>319842376
A good example is when people flipped their shit on NRS for giving Mileena and Kitana pants. Nevermind that the designs actually looked good, and nevermind that MKX has a shit ton of actual problems.
>>
>>319827179
>crisis core is actually a really solid game
>get a bunch of side missions
>hey these look fun I should do a few
>become so overleveled the entire main story up to the final boss becomes pretty much impossible to lose
Solid game mang
>>
>>319827179
>Persona 3 fes>4
>banjo and tooie>kazooie
>the only time censorship is tolerable is when it relates to religion
>If a fanbase is bad enough they can ruin the game you like
>gameplay>story>music>graphics
>6th gen was the best gen
>>
Physical copies are better than digital distribution.
>>
File: 072.gif (444 KB, 318x108) Image search: [Google]
072.gif
444 KB, 318x108
>None of the 3D Zelda games are that spectacular
>Megaman Starforce is a great series
>Bravely Default's difficulty is artificial
>Acrid is the best playable class in Risk of Rain
>>
>>319842920
Don't forget every side mission is the exact same shit set against 5 or 6 different backgrounds.
>>
File: 018.jpg (256 KB, 713x613) Image search: [Google]
018.jpg
256 KB, 713x613
>>319827179

I hate how "e-sports" are always League of Legends using that fucking map.
>>
Final fantasy 9 is bad. It embodies most of what people hate about modern final fantasy, but retards think its a masterpiece because it was made by sakaguchi and has a medieval coat of paint.
>>
>>319842968
>Bravely Default's difficulty is artificial
This reminds me.

>artificial difficulty is just "difficulty I don't like"

I think that's unpopular around here, not sure.
>>
>>319843305
>It embodies most of what people hate about modern final fantasy

What about the emo prettyboys and fujoshit pandering?
>>
>>319843432
Kuja and I don't know what the second thing is. Wait does kuja count as emo? He's certainly an insufferable dick like one.
>>
>>319842294
It is compared to what came afterwards.
>>
>>319827179
Super Mario Sunshine is my favorite mainline Mario game.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (23 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
23 KB, 480x360
>>319827179

Mods should ban Undertale and other related to that toxic game.

UT Devs still making threads/post with sock puppetry (use of multiple VPN accounts for an improper purpose ).
>>
>>319832051
>not being an SJW makes you a gamergater
Epic
>>
>>319827179
Final Fantasy has always been lame weebshit, Dragon Quest will always be better.
>>
>>319843324
To be fair, the thing I'm talking about is in every Final Fantasy game with Blue Magic/ Minus Strike, but it feels way worse when the boss literally COULD party wipe you with it, but they aren't scripted to do so.
>>
>>319827179
I enjoy today's games far more than any of the ones I ever played as a child. Yes, that includes modern Nintendo games.
>>
File: 1446845587124.png (203 KB, 800x749) Image search: [Google]
1446845587124.png
203 KB, 800x749
>Why /v/ buy powerful videocards for play Shovel Knight and Indivisible?
>>
>>319841587

>Mafia 2 is better in every way than 1, anyone who says otherwise hasn't played 1 or just doesn't remember how terrible it actually was

I replayed 1 just recently and I still find it to be one of the best third person shooters ever made. All the guns feel deadly, both you and the enemy can put each other down with fucking force, in 2 they felt like peashooters in comparison.

Sure 1 had a few annoying missions, but they weren't enough to bring the game down as a whole, for me, the shooting was just so good I was willing to forgive the shitty driving missions. It's not like 2's driving was much better, anyway.
>>
>>319844075
I just think the term literally is used as "a type of challenge I don't like".

It's not reasonable to say

>this isn't TRUE challenge

If it challenges you, it's a challenge, saying artificial tries to eliminate its legitimacy, when the reality is that you don't like that kind of challenge.

There isn't any difficulty I'd call artificial. There are types of challenges I'd call frustrating and difficulty emerging from poor design rather than intention to challenge, but never artificial.
>>
File: dont_forget_the_fedora.jpg (206 KB, 969x646) Image search: [Google]
dont_forget_the_fedora.jpg
206 KB, 969x646
>>319827179

>I think Neptunia series are creative, original games with unique gameplay
>>
>>319827179
PC is not a legitimate gaming platform
I know I'm objectively wrong but it's how I've always felt and that's not going to change.
>>
>>319844241
I define a challenge as something you do do something about. If I can't not take max damage from an attack, no matter what I do and I can't avoid it, it's just not very fair. I do, however agree with you that all difficulty is difficulty, nonetheless.
>>
File: nichijou girls.jpg (918 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
nichijou girls.jpg
918 KB, 1920x1080
>>319827179

>I am achievements/trophies hunter
>>
File: Q017.jpg (179 KB, 432x472) Image search: [Google]
Q017.jpg
179 KB, 432x472
>>319827179

>I have wallscrolls of videogames, on my room
>>
>>319844383
People forget what artificial difficulty actually means. It originally meant something like hard mode in skyrim, where the mechanics are the same shallow shit but it's "artifically difficult" by pumping enemy HP and damage.

it's now used as a meme for any time someone has trouble with something but doesn't want to admit it, particularly with souls games.
>>
SEGA still has a chance to redeem themselves
>>
File: 1344652391374.jpg (83 KB, 700x667) Image search: [Google]
1344652391374.jpg
83 KB, 700x667
>3D fighting games are slow, and bad because they are slow

>PC should have exclusive games instead of tons of ports

>Undertale seems interesting but the fanbase scares me from it

>FF12 is the best FF

>SJW are bad, but they aren't entirely wrong

>I avoid FPS because guns are boring
>>
>>319845315
>Undertale seems interesting but the fanbase scares me from it

You shouldn't let a fanbase scare you off something. In fact the vast majority of JRPG fanbases are toxic.
>>
Interactive narratives and experiences like Gone Home and The Path and shit are perfectly fine and I'm okay with them existing.

They just need to find the right label, market place and price tag for that type of thing. "Videogame" comes with the stigma that it's always entertainment first and foremost, while those are calling themselves "art," and it's retarded to put them on Steam and sell themselves for twenty dollars.

Not that those two games are good, I haven't played them and have no opinion on them, but they're getting criticized for things they're not trying to be and they're doing it to themselves by approaching the wrong audience.
>>
>>319845553
Maybe it speaks to HOW much they scare him that they make a deeper impression than most game fans.
>>
>>319845179
No. Artificial difficulty is if the controls/pathing/hitboxes/mechanics are glitchy or inconsistent
>>
>>319845179
>People forget what artificial difficulty actually means
"Difficulty I don't like".

>It originally meant something like hard mode in skyrim, where the mechanics are the same shallow shit but it's "artifically difficult" by pumping enemy HP and damage

That's still more difficult, you just don't like the tediousness of it.
>>
Getting sexual awards in gaming is no different than getting violent paybacks or story enders. Payoff is payoff.
>>
>>319827179
That's not unpopular opinions anon, that's being a retard.
>>
>>319847597
That's these threads in a nutshell. Why do you think these opinions are so unpopular?
>>
Lego racers has the best kart game driving physics.

Fight me.
>>
>>319845653
I completely agree with this post. I mean, the actual plot in Gone Home is pure shit, but the way in which you explore and discover that plot is pretty neat.
>>
>>319845653
Yeah, I feel like it's disingenuous to even call them video games. They are interactive experiences, but there is no lose condition. They aren't games.

Even calling them interactive is pretty manipulative because DVD menus are interactive but nobody would call them fun because of their interactivity.

What those kind of things are are interactive short films.
>>
MGS3 Snake Eater is complete garbage. One of the shittiest games I've ever played. MGS1&2 are similarly bad, but not as bad as 3.

Also 90% of Nintendo games are shit. That's all I got.
>>
File: 1440095126962.jpg (63 KB, 500x572) Image search: [Google]
1440095126962.jpg
63 KB, 500x572
>>319827179
Bioshock Infinite is an alright game.
So is Battlefront EA.
Also Chie's vanilla VA is miles better than the new one fuck you /v/.
>>
>>319849958

>Chie's vanilla VA is miles better than the new one fuck you /v/

i have literally never seen anyone arguing this here

do you think we support burch as rise, too
>>
>Resident evil was never good, RE4 is OK but the controls hinder it
>The 3DS, Vita and PC are he only things worth playing games on
>Saints Row 3 was a 5/10, Saints Row 4 is an 8/10
>The fact that we seriously celebrate games like Until Dawn, Life is Strange and other "games" shows how much /v/ has fallen
>/v/ is without a doubt the worst board on 4chan
>Sonic hasn't been good since CD and needs to be retired
>Nintendo really doesn't need to make new IPs
>I don't give two shits if a game gets censors unless it has anything to do with the gameplay or the story
>CSGo is not fun and people who buy gun skins in it are the biggest retards of all time
>If you defend Ground Zeros being a 40 dollar release, you're a drone
>From a business standpoint, everything Konami is doing right now is perfectly justifiable
>Microsoft has been based this gen and the XboxOne is the best console this gen, though that's not saying much
>The video games market will be much worse without the Xbox
>The console market will be dead by 2025
>>
MMOs will never be good again
>>
>>319840002
Jesus Christ, I never thought /b/ could get worse than it was in 2012. I was wrong.
>>
If the mod on 420chan who's name I won't mention wasn't a bitch and it had a higher user count,I would go to their video game board.
>>
>>319850350
MMOs were never good. XI and GW1 were guilty pleasures
>>
File: Hotaru x Komari 001.jpg (119 KB, 850x881) Image search: [Google]
Hotaru x Komari 001.jpg
119 KB, 850x881
Halo is great and has amazing lore.

The Last of Us is great, but doesn't have enough variety.

Anyone who wants every FPS to be exactly like Doom or Quake is an idiot, I don't want every single game to be as fast as those games.

Quake is better than doom in every way.

Half Life 2 is garbage compared to Half Life 1.

30 FPS is fine for most games, though 60 FPS is preferable. A stable framerate, so long as it doesn't go below 30, is more important than a high framerate.

Art style is more important than graphics.

Video games are fun.
>>
>>319850580
I thought Trickster was good, then again, I was like 9 years old who thought the gachapon system good.
>>
>>319850660
>wants every FPS to be exactly like Doom or Quake
Who the fuck wants this?
>>
world of warcraft was never good
>>
>>319850660
>30 FPS is fine for most games, though 60 FPS is preferable. A stable framerate, so long as it doesn't go below 30, is more important than a high framerate.
If the game has turn based combat, 30 FPS is completely fine. The only games where I would say 60 FPS is completely necessary would be Fighting games, FPS's, Racing games.
>Video games are fun.
Fuck you
>>319850839
You'd be surprised.
>>
Lost Odyssey is crap
NieR is crap
Ni No Kuni is crap

I'm dead serious, i love JRPGs but these games are fucking terrible. The sad thing is that I finished them all. I want the time I wasted on these crappy games back. They are terrible for similar reasons; dreary derivative storytelling pandering to "feels", a complete lack of focus on gameplay. Lost Odyssey's combat is so slow it's barely playable, NieR is just a mess that doesn't know what it's doing and Ni No Kuni is just broken and makes no sense.
>>
>>319849603
You should kill yourself
>>
Megaman NES is his best look and design
>>
Morrowind is worse than Oblivion (Yeah, i said it)
>>
>>319852646
Disagree with you on Lost Odyssey but agree with you on the other two, especially Ni No Kuni. Once you get past the colorful presentation that game really is lackluster.

As for my unpopular opinion, Legend of Dragoon is atrocious and has almost nothing good about it that hasn't already been done before in better JRPGs, including its highly touted timed hits gimmick (see Super Mario RPG and FF8) if you still think LoD is anywhere near the best of what the PS1 had to offer you really need to take off the nostalgia goggles and try out some other JRPGs.
>>
File: dancing soldiers.gif (569 KB, 750x500) Image search: [Google]
dancing soldiers.gif
569 KB, 750x500
i don't like quiet. she's boring and adds nothing to the story. the other metal gear girls are actually relevant to the plot and are cuter
>>
>>319853559
That's not really an unpopular opinion though. Peace Walker alone had far better girls than Quiet.
>>
>>319853746
if you make even the slightest criticism about her in /mgg/ you'll incite the rage of many virgin neckbeards.
>>
>>319853892
Hence why I don't visit generals, they're literally just autistic circlejerks full of discussions that lead nowhere.
>>
You shouldn't be mad at SJWs at all, you should be mad at the developers and publishers that self censor their games.

Uncharted and Last of Us have some of the best dynamic gunplay and AI today, but you'd never know unless played on high difficulties.

SF4 a shit that ruined an entire genre and community

The awful steam community and PC master race autismos actively pushed me away from the platform despite being a PC gamer since the mid-90s.

The popular targets of /v/ are usually actually great games. You shouldn't let a bunch of contrarian edgy teenagers prevent you from playing some great games just because they're popular and accessible.
>>
People who actually believe PC gaming will kill console gaming are legitimately delusional.
>>
>>319843750
I liked undertale. I just don't understand the hate /v/ has for it.

The characters were pretty unique and the music was great. The narrative was good as well. The only reason I didn't genocide is because I really enjoyed the characters.

Except the flower. Fuck that fucker. He knows.
>>
>>319844175
> when I can't play what I like with a powerful card
>>
File: the-memes-raiden.gif (40 KB, 156x267) Image search: [Google]
the-memes-raiden.gif
40 KB, 156x267
Revengence is a good game because it is so video gamey

the scene about memes is blown way far out of proportion too
>>
>>319827179
Gaming is boring now and the only innovative games we've seen in the last year were VR games.

Just Cause 3 and GTAV are both extremely boring and the only people who enjoy them are people under the age of 20.
>>
>phantom hourglass was the best Zelda game
>>
File: 1430834126740.jpg (86 KB, 967x546) Image search: [Google]
1430834126740.jpg
86 KB, 967x546
NWN2 was inferior to NWN1 in every single aspect except for class variation, and if you think Mask of the Betrayer > Hordes of the Underdark - you have no fucking clue about FR lore and how much MotB fucks that up. They don't even get the setting right.
>>
also, majora's mask just ain't that good son.
>>
Posting about visual novels should be a bannable offense on /v/, they should be moved to /trash/ or /a/ where they belong

People who make blanket statements like >>319855926 are retards who are trying way too hard to be ebin cynical gaymerz

A fanbase can legitimately take away enjoyment from a game (see: Undertale, Minecraft)

The only real advantage PC's have over consoles is the strategy genre and modding. Everything else is just fluff.

Magicka 2 > Magicka 1
>>
File: NotBadReaction.gif (3 MB, 200x150) Image search: [Google]
NotBadReaction.gif
3 MB, 200x150
>>319827179
I agree with the first 2
Thread replies: 173
Thread images: 32

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.