[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
http://na.square-enix.com/us/blog/f inal-fantasy-vii-remake-
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 42
File: fqGRCts.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
fqGRCts.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
http://na.square-enix.com/us/blog/final-fantasy-vii-remake-psx-2015-message-yoshinori-kitase

So how do you people feel now, seeing that the dust has settled. Will you enjoy the new episodic mechanics, are you ready to pay $180 for a single game? Will Square Enix be getting your money?

Also FF7R thread
>>
I'm ready to wait until it's all out and the bundle is on sale for less than $20 around 2021
>>
Not buying this shit until the whole thing is finished. Episodic RPGs is a fucking awful future and I'm not going to contribute to it.
>>
Sounds good to me. As a gamer, I've learned to just accept the vision of developers and the experience they want to provide. The game is either fun and enjoyable, or its not. It's a pretty fruitless endeavor to build up expectations in your mind or to expect the developers' vision to reflect your own. You'll never be satisfied. FFVII was a defining aspect of my teen years, and I've been looking forward to this as long as anyone. And yet, I don't care if it plays differently or if they make it more episodic and cut out things like the world map. Of course I want the game to be true to the spirit of the original, and I think it will be, but if it's a very different game, that's fine by me as long as it's fun to play and delivered well.
>>
But the original FFVII was 3 discs too.
>>
so is it like one guy going around starting all these "now that the dust has settled" topics or do you all just parrot each other
>>
>>319717290
>>319717384
Yeeeep this. Waited on SC2 to get it super cheap, can wait on this too.
>>
>>319717204
I don't know what you're thinking, but I'm loving the new Square. First FFXIV's remake, looking at how cool XV is looking, and now the FFVII remake. They're definitely than the past where they just dumped out games and expected people to like it. I'm loving where this is going.
>>
File: 1449785180794.png (711 KB, 1012x1088) Image search: [Google]
1449785180794.png
711 KB, 1012x1088
>>319717475
>As a gamer
>>
I think the last bit of info I need is what the distance between releases is going to be. Anything beyond a year just seems like nonsense.
>>
>>319717485
The day of release all 3 discs were given to you yes
>>
So they don't want to half-ass it? Good. The gaming community needs something that's actually worth our money so we can commit to it.

They just want to make an already giant game bigger, longer, and uncut. It's got my money.
>>
File: image.jpg (64 KB, 527x504) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
64 KB, 527x504
Have the announced how much each section is? How long it will take to produce and release each installment? How long each part is?
This will make or break this game
>>
>>319717204
>If we were to try to fit everything from the original into one remake instalment, we would have to cut various parts and create a condensed version of FINAL FANTASY VII

literally to cheap to even remake the full game in the first place.FF7 isn't even that fucking big.
>>
>>319717204
>>Episodes
Fuck that noise. I'll buy it when it's compiled into one product and costs the same as every other fucking game on the market.
If it has to be multidisc, then do it that way. Rolling periodic content out as income comes in may be a great business model, because it'll immediately hook sycophants like >>319717475, but it alienates the rest of us who don't want to enjoy our games in fucking chunks.
>>FFVII Disc 1
does not equal
>>FFVII Episode 1
because you can just transition from disc to disc, instead of waiting around with your thumb up your ass for the next batch of content to release after you finish the first.

It's a fucking money play.
>>
>>319718367
FF7 was the 3rd most expensive game ever made so they're just gonna claim that as their excuse
>>
>>319717204
I like the way they are going about this. I loved the setting in Midgar and the entire world in general. But at the same time at didn't like the extended story and game about FF7 because it felt like bad fan service. I hope they can keep the feeling of hopelessness that the first game had.
>>
>>319718501
I don't know Crisis Core is one of my favorite games, and Zack is one of my favorite game-characters.
>>
File: 1449189972084.jpg (14 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1449189972084.jpg
14 KB, 250x250
>>319718483
>what is inflation
I bet you that there are indie games today that, technically speaking had more money than what FF7 devs had in their day.
>>
>>319717384

How do you feel about the .hack series, then?
>>
It sucks, but let's be realistic here: this is the only way we'd ever get a FFVII remake.

They were gonna sacrifice something, either quality by cutting sections or fidelity in order to maximize profits.

This is really the better option, at least if you people want a decent remake. I'm OK with it because it signalizes that it's gonna be good.
>>
File: CVmq8C0WwAAm2xy.png (252 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
CVmq8C0WwAAm2xy.png
252 KB, 600x400
how you want your remake senpai?

JUST STARCRAFT 2 MY SHIT UP
>>
>>319717290
>>319717384
If you're gonna play it, this is the only reasonable legal approach.
>>
>>319717485
Yeah, three discs for one damn game. If they can fit FF12 onto a single dvd they can fit an FFVII remake onto a blu ray.
>>
Give them some slack, I cannot think of a harder game to remake than FF7. I don't know how many people here played it, but in it's really primal psx state, it was bristling with detail. But without prerendered backgrounds, cutscenes, voice acting, and environments to keep in mind, it's pretty clear it's impossible for it to be one game.
>>
File: 1305247212138.jpg (7 KB, 357x323) Image search: [Google]
1305247212138.jpg
7 KB, 357x323
Yeah, I'd rather it be just one thing, but I think the complaining is pretty annoying too. Can we at least wait until more information is given before people complain? As in, how much time between each release, at what price, with how much content per "experience". There are a lot of possible bad outcomes, sure, but even if there's a slight chance, it mitebcool.
>>
>>319718959
as long as it's worth the money, which it better be or else this whole thing is gonna backfire really hard, I don't mind.

it's not like I spend much on vidya nowadays, anyway. most big titles are cancer.
>>
>>319718841
A bit too grindy for my taste.
>>
>>319718774
That's the opposite of inflation anon
>>
File: 2015-12-10_20-51-21.png (47 KB, 1679x387) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-10_20-51-21.png
47 KB, 1679x387
>>319718774
I didn't ever imply inflation wasn't considered.

I can't think of any indie game that had more than $45 million in development off the top of my head though.

Most of FFVII's budget was marketing though
>>
>>319717737
>looking at how cool XV is looking,
you can't even control your party members and the combat is nothing to write home about
>ffvii remake
yeah because when people wanted an FFVII remake they totally wanted an ARPG with srs business Barret and episodic releases.
>>
File: 1375356271587.gif (1 MB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1375356271587.gif
1 MB, 200x200
>>319717290
>>319717384
>these guys actually think they can wait
>>
>>319719437
>too human
what a forgotten 100M
>>
>>319719437
>more than half is for advertisements
>implying Square needs to advertise this game
>>
>>319719213
They should have waited until they were ready to discuss that before dropping that bombshell on everyone with little to no elaboration on everything else. Of course people are gonna react like this.
>>
>>319719601
I didn't even care for a FF7 remake in the first place, I'm happy with the original. Only gonna play it for the hell of it when it's ready.

Too much stuff in the backlog as-is to keep me busy anyway.
>>
I really don't understand why people all got so pissy from the multi-series part. People keep saying we're missing the full experience, but many of us who want it in the first place have gone through it already and the PS1 version is on so many platforms. We already know the story. SE didn't even want to do it in the first place because for today's standards it'd be a frickin' massive game. It's like getting pissed the we didn't get the entire Mass Effect Trilogy or the Gears of War trilogy all on one disc. This way, we can play an even more expanded version of the game we already know rather than retreading the same exact same ground. Who wouldn't want more games from VII that you know is gonna be good?
>>
>>319717204
>http://na.square-enix.com/us/blog/final-fantasy-vii-remake-psx-2015-message-yoshinori-kitase
Kitase the guy that killed FF due to his obsession with a female version of Cloud, I loved FFX but this guy should not be allowed to make any other FF!
>>
File: ScrnCap.png (172 KB, 931x228) Image search: [Google]
ScrnCap.png
172 KB, 931x228
>>319719796
>backlog
dont remind me
>>
File: 1449796279452.gif (1 MB, 500x691) Image search: [Google]
1449796279452.gif
1 MB, 500x691
>>319719601
I've already 100%'d the game before I'm not gonna buy this shit again just to get blue-balled at Junon fuccboi.
>>
>>319719198
I'm gonna miss the prerendered backgrounds. They had their own charm.
>>
>>319719975
why are you so retarded? you have literally thrown your money away for someone else to have
>>
>>319719680
Final Fantasy was a popular game, but it was pretty small compared to how huge the franchise is now. FFVII made that happen.
>>
>>319719804
People still think that by episodic they mean some type of Telltale or Tumblr is Strange type of game lolz.
>>
>>319720021
buying is more fun than playing. everyone knows that, newfriend
>>
this shit again? Haven't you people complained about this enough?
>>
>>319720120
To be hoest I don't get what are they trying to say with "episodic".

I know what are episodic games and how they work, but they're going to release one disc and then we have wait for the second one or what?
>>
>>319720243
shut up
>>
After reading this, for the first time I in a long time, I got some faith restored in this new square and Nomura and Kitase as developers. God speed square!
>>
>>319720069
>a cigarette and a blindfold
wat?
>>
>>319720352
it means that they are going to blow the fuck out of cartrige games ie N64. the cigarette is often offered before an execution. and a blindfold too.

fucking children.
>>
>>319720352
Firing Squad
>>
>>319720352
He's gonna be executed.
>>
>>319718959
>Each with its own unique experience
>First episode confirmed for gay cross dressing simulator
>Episode two confirmed for emo wangsty point'n'click like Life Is Strange, cameo from characters unconfirmed
>Episode three confirmed for FPS with a separate season pass for four map packs produced in conjunction with Visceral
>Episode four confirmed for full price credits and seven hours of better lit but unchanged cutscenes followed by Nomura repeatedly squatting over a stationary camera, dragging his wasabi nuts on the lens in a symbolic gesture to the fans
>>
>>319720352
Execution by firing squad or something like that, you give the guy a blindfold and maybe a cig if so inclined.
>>
>>319717204
Yeah, no. Gonna let Squeenix die for this
>>
I think it looks great. I'm as excited about it as I can get about anything single player anymore.
>>
>>319720505
You forgot the great and expansive DLC deals for the future as well.
>>
>>319720527
>>319720497
>>319720481
>>319720468
oh... hehe
>>
>You're my favourite producer Yoshinori Kitase! Please announce what Motomu Toriyama is up to soon, I have been waiting nearly two years and he said a year ago he was working hard on a new project.
Get a load of this shiteater in the comments
>>
>>319717204
>dust has settled
immediate shill/marketing flag, do not respond
>>
It wouldn't be so insulting if you actually put any effort into the FFVII PS4 PC port.

Those of us who simply wanted the same game with better graphics, we're told to go play this POS port that doesn't upgrade the graphics at all.
Or the old horrible inaccurate translation.

80% of the game is low resolution 2D Bitmaps. All you did was up res the 3D portion and upscaled the rest terribly with a bilinear filter. Fixed one small bug from the PC port,put in some stupid cheats and called it a day.

Even ******* makes SE look lazy.
http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison.php?id=131584
RE0 isn't even the same caliber legendary game as FFVII and yet even THEY put in the effort to go back and upgrade what is an essential part of the game. They even put in effort when upscaling REmake rather than completely upgrading them like RE0. More than you did.

Heck, even Ubisoft with Heroes of Might and Magic 3 HD did it RIGHT by tasking a team of artists to draw over all the old pre-rendered material maintaining the original art style. And they did a wonderful job.
>>
>>319720793
>responds anyway
your cancer cant cure what you consider cancer, cunt
>>
>>319720805
Even ******* makes SE look pathetic.
http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison.php?id=131584
RE0 isn't even the same caliber legendary game as FFVII and yet even THEY put in the effort to go back and upgrade what is an essential part of the game.

This is what FFVII HD PS4 looks like
http://u.cubeupload.com/MrBonk/ups.jpg

A blurry low res mess.
http://u.cubeupload.com/MrBonk/2334.jpg
Because, the original game can only show ~300 lines of horizontal resolution at any given time despite the fact some of the backgrounds are upwards of 512x512. http://u.cubeupload.com/MrBonk/vJsZbsm.jpg

It's that low resolution sub 400 line view port that gets upscaled with a simple bilinear filter.
>>
That pretty much confirms that the world map has been cut right?

Unless they're going to lock areas of the map until the proper expansions come out.
>>
>>319721009
Maybe the first episode will be only in Midgar, you get the open world in episode 2 and 3.
>>
>>319720627
Don't worry, Anon, you'll be able to try the rest of the great content when you buy some garbage game no one gives a quantum fuck about just for a demo of Final Fantasy VII HD: Second Dream Heart Meteor Materia Content Booster Pack Deluxe Digital Collectors Edition 2.0
>>
>>319720929
While a real "REMASTER" would look like this
http://u.cubeupload.com/MrBonk/mds51finalcopy.jpg

Let's do a more 1:1 comparison.

Here's Aerith's house from the PS4 "HD" version.
http://u.cubeupload.com/MrBonk/Aerithshouseoutsidec.jpg

Now here's an actual high resolution version of the same scene with differences in lighting and various other things because this was fan made using 3D modeling in their free time. If SE did this themselves, by drawing over the originals rather than re-rendering it. Itwould look a lot closer and better as well.
http://u.cubeupload.com/MrBonk/eals1finalcopycopy.jpg

If you had taken the time to put any effort in (Because it's going to sell no matter what. And it is) this WOULD have been a viable alternative to the remake for those who just wanted the same game with better graphics. And it would've been an OK suggestion for people to make to those kinds of people.

And really you would've ended up with two great versions of the same game, and everyone could have their piece of cake and eat it too almost.
>>
reminder that this is a cashgrab meant to keep the sinking SE ship afloat a little longer.
It MIGHT have 10% of the content of the original at most.
>>
>>319717204
First of all its not episodic its multi part. Each part is going to be a full game. Second of all we dont know nearly enough to make a judgement if that content will be worth it so wait and in the meantime stop shit posting and spreading false information based on that shit ign report.
>>
>dumb niggers still think theres a world map
>still think that combat is going to be turn based or atb
>still think kitase or nomura know what they are doing
>2015
>>
>>319721228
Instead we are stuck with the same old **** we've been stuck with for 20 years. Now just super blurry for the majority of the game because most of it is pre-rendered.
You couldn't even bother to use higher resolution portrait artwork.
Or make the game run at 60FPS instead of 30 on the world map and only 15 in battle.
The translation too, is the same.

Now we are forced to deal with a remake that is not only NOT a FULL game, but a game that is more a BRAND NEW, totally different game than what we wanted.

With ZERO alternative for a truly better looking and DEFINITIVE version of the original game.
>>
>>319721009
Probably just going to have story events not activate until you have the next game?
>>
>>319717485
I thought it was 4 discs?
>>
>>319721376
>dumb niggers think we want it to be exactly ff7

i don't care if they change absolutely everything about how the game plays.
>>
>>319721357
are you new?
>>
>>319721427
>****
Woah, watch your tongue young man.
>>
>>319721464
That's VIII and IX.
>>
>>319719804
Because they original could be played through at will, had a fixed cost, and wasn't going to string out an extensive RPG playthrough. We don't know how much content the Remake will have for each episode, how much each episode with cost, and how much the cumulative cost for the whole game will be, but it stands to reason that it'll be more than the cost of a normal game, unless it's going to be four episodes at fifteen dollars each or three episodes at twenty dollars apiece. Then you have to go back to asking why they're releasing it in episodic form again, if but not for the sheer reason of getting paid for one product while working on its add-on.
Also, Mass Effect and Gears of War were fucking SERIES. We're talking about one game versus three ME and GOW. You're essentially saying the entirety of the Final Fantasy series is one game by making that comparison.

>>Who wouldn't want more games from VII that you know is gonna be good?
We don't even know that. That's fucking hype bullshit talking. Crisis Core and Dirge of Cerberus were more FFVII games, but they were fucking horrible, and that's not even talking about the other spinoffs.
>>
>>319721532
I guess so because im either being trolled or op has no idea what he is talking about.
>>
File: square finds a way.gif (84 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
square finds a way.gif
84 KB, 480x270
>>319720069
>...available only on Playstation. Good thing, if it were available on cartridge, it'd retail for around $1,200

Fast forward to 2015 and Square has found away for it to retail for just that.
>>
>>319721302
FFXIV already keeps them alive.
>>
>>319721608
>crisis core comes out
>look up something about it
>there were actually THREE SEPHIROTHS!!!!!! ONE OF THEM IS GACKT
>put it out of my mind and pretend it doesn't exist forever

FF7 universe encompasses FF7 and advent children. Absolutely nothing else.
>>
>>319717485
Only because of the movie files.
All the game data, minus the movies, can be fit into a single disc.
>>
>>319721608
Hey senpai Crisis Core wasn't a bad game. Outside of the lore rape regarding Nibelheim it did Zack's and Cloud's characters justice.
>>
File: 1385763711764.jpg (28 KB, 500x458) Image search: [Google]
1385763711764.jpg
28 KB, 500x458
>>319721427
>****
>>
>>319721628
You're always being trolled and everyone is always an idiot with no idea what they are talking about, with opinions based on what some other window licker living in his own filth said, not rooted at all in fact. Welcome to /v/. Actually, welcome to the entire internet. It's day care for retards.
>>
>>319721724
I heard Before Crisis was had a good story.
>>
its gonna be a good pirate
>>
>>319721915
it's a fucking cell phone game, anon. it has nothing to do with any of the original creators. it is non canon.
>>
>>319721951
110+ GB sounds like a lot to download.
>>
>>319721885
Its an exciting place to be thanks.
>>
>>319721827
If a bad game anon.
A couple of moments does not outweight the shitty overall experience. Not to mention the overplayed ending.
>>
I'd rather play VII in episodes than wait ten fucking years like we have been for XV to be done.
>>
>>319722043
Cissney debuted in Before Crisis and then she appeared in Crisis Core.

Sadly we never got a Turk spin-off, I liked those guys.
>>
>>319722126
I didn't think the story outside of Gacktlmao was that bad either. Gameplay wasn't bad either. It wasn't a great game, but after Dirge Of Cerberus it's pretty gud.
>>
>>319722165
I felt the same way about Half Life 2
>>
>>319721827
>>Hey senpai Crisis Core wasn't a bad game
>>Roulette system
>>Lore rape
>>Genesis and Angeal
>>Played like a broken hack-and-slash
>>Corridor runner
I liked what was attempted with Zack's backstory, but I couldn't give not a fuck less about anything else in that game. The gameplay was dull, the story was horrible, it introduced a villain that topped fucking Weiss as the worst thing to come out of the extended story, and was just all-around mediocre.
>>
>>319722329
>I liked what was attempted with Zack's backstory

See this is the definition of lore rape though

Zack was supposed to be an enigma. Did he even exist at all?

Filling in "holes" in a story that made them interesting by giving the readers something to think about, is counterproductive as fuck.
>>
>>319722165
>wait ten fucking years like we have been for XV to be done

FXV is in a completely different circumstances anon.
The actual production of it doesn't start till at least mid 2013.

Also, FFVII-Remake were made with the scrapped Versus-13.
Which is why all of the sudden SE managed to get enough resources to make the game.

>use Versus-XIII asset and programming to make VII-Remake-1
>use the sales to further justify or fund the next episode
>????
>profit
>>
>Square Enix themselves have never said the word "episodic", it's a buzz word the media plastered on it while SE asks that we wait for them to say more on it

I'm still waiting until I get super mad.
>>
>>319722165
>wait ten fucking years like we have been for XV to be done
Blame FFXIV for that.
>>
>>319722490
Zack was always supposed to exist. No idea where you're getting that from.
>>
>>319722685
getting to know zack was as stupid as getting to know anakin skywalker
>>
>>319719975
Modern man everyones.
>>
>>319721724
I seriously think the only reason Crisis Core sold any amount of copies was because of Gackt. I beat the game only out of the burning need to validate my purchase, but every time that asshole Genesis showed up I muted his dialogue. Every time. He was written so poorly and his voice dub was so, so shitty.
>>
>>319722796
I agree, but Zack exists and always existed. You weren't supposed to doubt if he was real or not.
>>
>>319722537
Multi-part is the same shit as episodic you fucking twat.
If anything, being episodic is a lot fucking better than multi-part where the game will be sliced based on story progression rather than the levels.
>>
>>319717204
I liked FF7 as a kid.

I never wanted a remake.
I rolled my eyes and yawned when the remake was announced.
I wouldn't get this remake even if it was turnbased and not episodic.

Square Enix are a horrible developer and Kitase/Nomura have only proven they have no clue how to make good games or what made FF7 good. Want proof? See all the absolutely horrible entries in the FF7 compilation. I'm sure one fucktard will quote me and try to claim rubbish like CC is good, it isn't you shit eating filth.
>>
So at the very best we get a true 1:1 remake cut into 3 or more pieces and released over multiple years.

Or what's more likely,

>first episode sells like shit because a lot of people (my self included) will wait until the complete version is released.
>lose funding.
>Subsequent episodes suffer in quality as a result.

This is not good news.
>>
>>319722818
If you need any insight into the jap pop culture obsession, there are like 17 fucking games released in the late 90s early 2000s with gackt characters. It blows my fucking mind.
>>
What's the deal with SE not even fully developing this internally? They're hiring out some cheaper studio to work on it?

I know they did similar stuff with the XIII sequels and Tri-Ace, but seriously, couldn't they have put their top resources on this?
>>
All I know is that this and FFXV better be on PC because I'm not buying a fucking console for two games, and there are NO other good PS4 games, period.
>>
>The multi-part format enables us to expand the original story and turn it into an epic experience for fans and new gamers alike.

Ok

>Producing a proper HD remake of FINAL FANTASY VII that maintains the same feeling of density of the original would result in a volume of content that couldn’t possibly fit into one installment.

What?

Both of these statement contradict each other.
What the fuck is this guy thinking?
>>
>>319723030
Are you referring to the fact they're using UE4 instead of their in-house engine?
>>
>wait for PC release
>pirate it
>>
>>319723030
>cheaper studio
>CC2
>one of the two studios who can do good cell shading
The Naruto games are a piece of shit but at least the cell shading is great.
>>
>>319717204
Every last goddamn penny. Don't give a fuck. This could be 20 chapters at 60$ a price, and I would buy them all day one
>>
>>319723049
FFVII remake will be released on multiple parts, across multiple generations.
FFVII RE-3 will be PS5 exclusive*.

*Timed Exclusive
*Also available on PC
>>
>>319723058
They're saying they can't put the full game in one disc without cutting corners.
>>
>>319723049
If the Squeenix trend continues It' more than likely that they both will come to PC
>>
>>319723058
>Both of these statement contradict each other.

not whatsoever, why do you think that
>>
>>319723058
What? It's basically saying "a proper HD remake of FF7 that keeps the same feel as the original needs to be multi-part". There's no contradiction.
>>
>>319722490
>>Zack was supposed to be an enigma. Did he even exist at all?
Zack existed in the story as a template for Cloud's SOLDIER persona before Cloud's history is revealed. What Crisis Core did was attempt to cash in on an unexplored character who was a crucial element in the original story. Crisis Core could have been good, but instead of an explanation of Zack as a character, we get a bunch of hamfisted references to the original FFVII and scenes where Zack is a cardboard cutout watching things happen. If you want to complain about lore rape, complain about the fact that Crisis Core was only made as an attempt at generating money on the FFVII nostalgia factor.
>>
>>319723273
ff7 is already confirmed for pc xbone

how are people confused about this every single thread
>>
>>319723319
They tried to cash on Gackt, fucking Gackt I hate that cunt.
>>
>>319723265
>They're saying they can't put the full game in one disc without cutting corners.

You can't say this till you actually completed the damn fucking game in the first place.
If they can do 3 DVD for XIII 360 version, they can be damn sure to do the same for VII.
>>
>>319723091
No I read it on IGN they're hiring out CyberConnect2 to work on it.
>>
File: 1208254520026.jpg (80 KB, 576x432) Image search: [Google]
1208254520026.jpg
80 KB, 576x432
I can't believe anyone who liked the original would even want a remake. Not after seeing how awful the FF7 spinoffs are, because that's exactly how this remake will be.
>>
>>319723157
I think the first part of your statement sums up the problem with hiring them.
>>
>>319723058
>>enables us to expand the original story
"We can put in all the extended horseshit story we've created for the game over the last fifteen years, and finally call it canon."
>>would result in a volume of content that couldn’t possibly fit into one installment.
"We aren't just upscaling, we're remaking the whole goddamn thing to fit the new gameplay, graphics and story, but we're also releasing it in episodes because we can judge whether or not to continue working on it based on initial sales."

It's an asspull to save money and increase revenue.
>>
>>319723297
>>319723293
>1:1 remake can't fit a single installment
>we want to expand the story and experience

Not outright a contradictory, just fucking weird.
>>
>>319723158
It's hard to take more dick than that, anon.
>>
>>319723981
You can't do good games if the source material it's a piece of shit.
>>
>>319723790
Think they're just helping with the combat, they're not doing everything. Most of the original developers are onboard with the remake I think.
>>
>>319723293
>line 1: we want to expand the game, sectioning will help
>line 2: the game is too expansive, it must be sectioned
>>
>>319717204
I suck so much SE dick that I will buy a PS4 to play this and preorder every installment as soon as possible, as well as the add-on DLC, and I will enjoy every fucking minute of it because I'm a faggot for more FF7.
>>
>>319724174
What they're saying is their vision for the game is too expansive, therefore they are splitting it up. It makes perfect sense and is not contradictory at all.
>>
Is anyone else happy they at least got Cloud's voice actor for years back? I really like his voice, it's surprisingly close to how I imagined his voice when I played it.
>>
>>319724452
What they could add as DLC? Before Crisis or a Crisis Core episode?
>>
>>319724759
It doesn't matter. Whatever it is I will buy it and fully enjoy it.
>>
>>319724452
I can only hope you die before this trash is released.
>>
>>319724817
On the contrary; it's my only reason to live
>>
>>319724881
Another reason the world would be better off without you
>>
>>319724970
You can rest easy in the knowledge that I fully intend to kill myself once I finish the game a few times and am sure there's no more content coming out for it.
>>
>>319717204
The scale that they're implying they're doing it seems to be making it worthwhile.

Time will tell, however.
>>
>>319724701
I'm happy Beau Billingslea is voicing Barret. Dude knows how to do angry black man voice well.
>>
>>319724538
I'm so fucking sick of developers talking about their vision. It's a cheap way to drum up interest and early money without having to give shit for proof. That's like a painter talking about this really cool painting he's working on, and he wants to start taking deposits and getting news articles about it made, but he's only shown one face while he swears up and down he's going to fill the whole canvas. Square has finally hit the rock bottom low level of jewery normally seen from kike indie devs on Early Access.
>>
>>319717204
snore.

multi-part game can suck my dick.

>>319717290
got it right. I already played the original, why would I want to get hype for a remake?
>>
File: 1329647413584.jpg (83 KB, 510x430) Image search: [Google]
1329647413584.jpg
83 KB, 510x430
>>319723968

90% of those wanting a remake got into FF via Advent Children and never actually played FFVII because its graphics suck we've know this for years Anon.
>>
>>319724097
It's hard but I'm gonna Fucking try. I don't give a Shit. This is the game that blew my Fucking mind when I was 14. Going from Atari to nes to snes then to this. It was the biggest leap I've ever seen in video games. And to finally see it remade, makes my dick hit the ceiling.

Every. Fucking. Penny.
>>
>>319725903
I want to be with you man but lets at least hold off until we get more info and try to make as rational of a judgement as we can before buying.
>>
>>319725474
>I'm so fucking sick of developers talking about their vision
lol what a retarded fucking thing to say. Would you rather developers make games without a vision for it? Give me a break.

So the guys making this game are excited and have an idea for making one of their biggest and best projects yet. That's a good thing!
>>
>>319725903
Lol. Well at least your a good sport about it.
>>
>I want a game I liked to be remade and have the gameplay and story completely changed! Plus released in episodic format
said nobody ever

This "game" is for the dumbest people on the planet, Kingdom Hearts fans.
>>
>>319726108
He's actually right though. It's become a fad to talk up the world but not actually give evidence that your meeting that goal. Then release shit. It's Peter Molyneux age in vidya right now.
>>
File: ff7.jpg (632 KB, 490x1399) Image search: [Google]
ff7.jpg
632 KB, 490x1399
>>319720805
>>319720929
>>319721228
>>319721427
>>
>>319726289
Its easy to be on one side or the other with this game. Lets wait and see how it turns out before judging. Try not to let hype or cynicism get to your head.
>>
>>319726108
Maybe he would rather developers make a good game and not blow smoke up his arse with obvious PR bullshit.

>FF7 is too big!
You are an idiot if you believe this.
>FF7R will be too big to release as one game!
You are an even bigger idiot if you believe this.
>>
>>319726415
Nobody needs to wait. We knew a FF7 remake would be shit 10 years ago, we knew it would be changed to kingdom hearts crap then, and that's exactly what's happening.
>>
>>319726108
Their vision is never the finished product. Maybe the funding ran out, maybe it was too over-ambitious, maybe studio infighting prevented it, but it almost always fails to meet the "vision". Mongs like you will then whine that it didn't end up like they said it would. Either put up or shut up, stop waving this bullshit unrealistic and unattainable vision around to make everyone look good. When they come through with a justification for their method of release that has hard proof behind it, then they get to talk about all their neat fucking ideas.
>>
>>319726568
Its your right to judge based on what we have seen and im not gonna argue with you. Just feel we should hear what else the game has to offer first. I really hope your wrong though.
>>
File: 1389420996042.jpg (56 KB, 613x587) Image search: [Google]
1389420996042.jpg
56 KB, 613x587
Until we know more I don't really care.

.Hack did the same shit and while I hated that it didn't effect the overall game too badly and still felt like each Volume was worth it.
>>
>>319726289
I had Phil Fish as well as Petey in mind. Phil said his shit was world changing, it wasn't, when people called him out he threw a tantrum and blamed the players. That's another "visionary" dev skill; we couldn't meet our goal because of you. Square is too big to out and out say it, but you know they'll blame an unfair fan base for any and all backlash in that uniquely Japanese passive-aggressive way.
>>
File: 1439823271001.jpg (8 KB, 200x199) Image search: [Google]
1439823271001.jpg
8 KB, 200x199
I wish they would fucking confirm if the limitations were technical or financial instead of pussyfooting around it. They say they would need to cut thing to keep it to a full game, but why?
>>
>>319727293
to get more money out of dumb fucks like you
>>
FF7 wasn't all that great.

I'm probably gonna buy this Day 1, since it looks way better than the original.
>>
>>319726694
Reminds me of Dark Souls 2. The devs talked about how it was supposed to be interconnected and open like DaS1 and how you could skip to dragleic early on... etc etc. They talked about how cool it was supposed to be after all the flack that was received by fans and after the Matthewmatosis vid. And then they came out with that much more linear turd AGAIN as the "extended and improved edition" that was just the same bullshit with more enemies tacked on.
>>
>>319727073
I love visionaries, don't get me wrong. But only when they can meet their visions. We need "realistic" visionaries. Not people who think their shit doesn't stink.
>>
>>319717204

It'll be ok, but I want the original game.

Not going to pay money for the SJW-izing and cut, episodic content.
>>
>>319727073
Oh it'll come in the form something like: "Well it was impossible to meet all the players demands. We listened but their ideas just didn't pan out."
>>
File: 1449463578715.png (471 KB, 1270x778) Image search: [Google]
1449463578715.png
471 KB, 1270x778
>>
File: UnlinedExcellentAidi.gif (994 KB, 245x184) Image search: [Google]
UnlinedExcellentAidi.gif
994 KB, 245x184
>>319717204
>The Episode breaks end up being where you'd switch disks anyway
>>
>>319717204
Depends on how much content we are getting per installment. If it really is gonna be 2 or 3 full length games, then Ill be perfectly happy to pay for each.

If they aren't really long enough to warrant it or are just padded out with new unnecessary shit, I won't be so happy about it.
>>
File: douche.png (41 KB, 174x135) Image search: [Google]
douche.png
41 KB, 174x135
>The biggest reason why we haven’t done a remake until now is because it’s a massive undertaking to reconstruct FINAL FANTASY VII from the ground up with the current technology. Producing a proper HD remake of FINAL FANTASY VII that maintains the same feeling of density of the original would result in a volume of content that couldn’t possibly fit into one installment.

I don't buy it. The are games around today with way more content than FF7 had, and with the size of blu ray discs I smell bullshit. Even XV is looking to be absolutely massive.
>>
>>319727293
it's likely neither. Financial would be the most likely as discs hold a shit load now and digital is a thing. Even then I don't buy into it. The reality is that they spent majority of that $150 million of the original on marketing. Literally spent something like 60- 65% of it on marketing alone. This game could easily be made on $100 million tops but we'll likely get a Destiny treatment. Super high budget for no reason and hopes that people will fall for it believing that all that money went towards game development. Words are just too easy to make. I need to see actions.
>>
File: 1440397870031.png (146 KB, 396x335) Image search: [Google]
1440397870031.png
146 KB, 396x335
There are only two possible outcomes to this mess:
1. It's actually good and the whole multipart thing is like the .hack series.

2. A horrendous piece of shit that has a lot of cut content and linearity so bad it makes XIII look like a sandbox while they charge you 39.99 for 3-5 episodes.

Considering that we'really talking about 2015 Squeenix, it'll probably be the latter.
>>
>>319727962

>If we were to try to fit everything from the original into one remake instalment, we would have to cut various parts and create a condensed version of FINAL FANTASY VII.

Why would they NEED to cut anything?

It can't be financial as they've decided to do this in the first place. Is it time?
>>
File: 463457859.jpg (335 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
463457859.jpg
335 KB, 1920x1080
>>319727962
>Even XV is looking absolutely massive

we've seen nothing but empty fields
>>
>>319727779
There are some pieces you forgot to cut. You know there will be weapon and materia microtransactions and some online service like GTA has. Also don't forget the "cosmetic" DLC that takes outfits from the story and other FF universes and sells them for $5-10 a pop.
>>
>>319727793
I'd imagine Episode 1 would be up to the motorcycle chase, they could have Midgar be fuckhuge and make a world map out of just that of things to explore and do. We only got to play what, three sectors of the eight in 7?
>>
>>319728205

7's world map was exactly that.
>>
>>319727962
True. Hell Xeno X just came out and that's massive and looks really good. Not buying it either.
>>
>>319727293
>But why?

Deadlines, data compression, rewriting the story around the new combat system and exploration. Asking for them to keep all that intact at a Satisfactory level is literally impossible. If it was a shorter game there wouldn't be a problem, but the original is already so fucking long that this was bound to be an issue.
>>
>>319728309
I'd hope 7's world map is stupidly big in the remake

Replaying the game on PS4 reminded me just how tiny the world really is in that game, doesn't help all the landmarks are like thumbnails you run into
>>
>>319728245
I think you visit two more in disc 3 but I could be wrong.
>>
>>319728309
Yeah for a place being ravaged by Shinra most of the actual destruction was contained entirely to Midgar.
>>
>>319728178

They have heaps of time.
>>
>>319728178
>>319728793
For a game on the scale of 7, they'd probably have to make cutbacks like removing the world map if they wanted it to all fit into one reasonably sized game.
>>
>>319729131

Again, two double layered bluray discs is 100gb no game needs that much.
>>
>>319727962
meanwhile in reality, FF15 and 7R will both be smaller than Xenoblade Chronicles X.
>>
File: 1282089790928.png (3 KB, 209x215) Image search: [Google]
1282089790928.png
3 KB, 209x215
All the remake needs is updated graphics and improved turnbased combat. I would keep the fixed camera angles aswell, god I miss fixed camera angles. It was video games cinematography.
>>
>>319729347

nobody cares about your ps2 game fuck off
>>
>>319729462
Love you, anon.
>>
>>319729620
Grow up please.
>>
>>319722943
I don't think they gave to worry about people not buying individual parts at launch, I'm pretty sure the fanboys outnumber the critics.
>>
File: feels man ashamed.jpg (9 KB, 216x233) Image search: [Google]
feels man ashamed.jpg
9 KB, 216x233
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3w3_mss6vU
>>
File: FFVII_Junon_WM.jpg (20 KB, 400x299) Image search: [Google]
FFVII_Junon_WM.jpg
20 KB, 400x299
Ok, we'll put it into perspective so we can get an idea of how massive the world map will likely be

Cloud's almost as tall as the micro-condensed version of Junon on the world map, while the remake will more than likely have everything at the correct scale at all times

Spread that across everything throughout the FF7 world map, add a shitload of more caves and towns and things to explore, and you'll be filling up a disc fast.
>>
>>319729896
>autism
>>
>>319729896
This actually got me wondering how the hell you would fight something like Emerald Weapon in the Remake, because that battle really makes no sense with fighting underwater
>>
>>319729896
Yes, that's generally how world maps work. It's not even known yet whether Remake will have a world map or not.
>>
File: CorelValley-Descent-ffvii.png (418 KB, 512x640) Image search: [Google]
CorelValley-Descent-ffvii.png
418 KB, 512x640
Let's talk about our favourite things from FF7 and what you want to see in the Remake.

I still love the world building and atmosphere. For me no Final Fantasy captured this whole surreal, melancholy (and often comfy) feeling in most areas. The backgrounds are fucking lovely.

Is there any special name for this kind of art design? I remember that many early 3D games used this.
>>
>>319730054
There would be more riots than the episodic format news if they cut out the world map.
>>
File: 1266294393851.png (5 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1266294393851.png
5 KB, 400x400
>>319729896
>retards really think the game will be or should be 1:1 scale
oh fucks sake
>>
>>319730079
Pre rendered backgrounds is the name for that style.
>>
>>31972590>>319725876
played ff7 when I was a kid years ago, didn't see advent children until like last year, wanted a remake long before I saw advent children.
>>
>>319730195
>retards who think they'd continue having Cloud enter towns represented by two seven-foot blocks on the map
>>
>>319730079
>I still love the world building and atmosphere.
You mean the contradictions and shit that made no fucking sense? FF7's world was awful.

Junon's cannon has no reason to exist. It doesn't point at Wutai. If Wutai attacked Midgar, they wouldn't go anywhere near Junon. It's fucking stupid. The only reason this canon was built was to shoot Weapons, things the people who built it had no idea existed.
>>
File: 18n94p0pzhyrfgif.jpg (77 KB, 636x636) Image search: [Google]
18n94p0pzhyrfgif.jpg
77 KB, 636x636
>>319730245
Well anon, what a funny guy you are. Have some more.
>>
>>319717204
I wouldn't mind if Kitase or Ito were directing, but with Nomura at the helm, don't be surprised if this becomes "Advent Children Zero".
>>
>>319726121
new gameplay is good, if I want the same game I'll play the original. the way they battle now is how I used to imagine they did when I played the original more or less. so it's great.
>>
>>319730402
There really isn't any lore attached to the cannon; if someone wanted to give it a story, likely just Shinra flexing its muscle with a mako cannon.

A lot of the things in 7 are just silly, but that's what makes the game fun. 8 is the game to play to keep it serious.
>>
>>319729620

how about your grow up

xeno is large yes, but it's using cheap graphics
>>
Okay, so here's a question for the whiners. How big do each of the episodes have to be to make you happy?

What if the first episode was just a massive game set in Midgar that spans every section of the city, lasts a full 50 hours of gameplay, and plays like an entire game on its own?

What if the other episodes were all the same way? Personally, I'd be pretty damn pumped. I'd buy every entry, and I think it would be Square's best work yet.
>>
>>319730772
>magic time loop shenanigans
>squall becoming leader out of fucking nowhere
>TIME COMPRESSION

anon...
>>
>>319717204
>http://na.square-enix.com/us/blog/final-fantasy-vii-remake-psx-2015-message-yoshinori-kitase

Can we just assassinate Nomura already?
>>
>>319729347

But they'll be using graphics from this generation, and be twice the price to develop.
>>
File: nibelheim.jpg (127 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
nibelheim.jpg
127 KB, 1024x768
What Day 1 price would be low enough for you guys for this debate about episodic content to be useless?

Let's assume there will be three episodes and the price you pick will be the same for each one.
>>
>>319731342
I'd be happy with $45
>>
>>319731342
I'd be okay with $30 per episode, maybe more if it feels like a full fledged game.
>>
>>319718774

Inflation would imply that FF7 was even more expensive than it looks, mister
>>
>>319731342
Anywhere between $30-50

If each episode has at least a hundred hours worth of playtime available with what you can do in it, it's definitely worth the cost.
>>
>>319731342
It entirely depends on how much content there is. If the episodes are genuinely full-scale games with lots of content, I'd be fine with 60 burgerbucks

I don't think that will be the case, and I expect closer to 40, but who knows
>>
>>319723589
Think about what you just said for a minute... Do you REALLY want what happened to XIII to happen to VII?
>>
>>319731342
$15

any more, then it's just a fucking cashgrab
>>
>>319731538
Well given how the average workers wage hasn't seen any benefits from inflation increases in their salaries and business owners have seen a HUGE increase in their wages from it I don't really see how that's fucking relevant. Funny how nobody thinks about that when talking about inflation. Because why the fuck would we? It's a capitalist circlejerk here anyways.
>>
>>319731739
That'd be great actually.
>>
>>319717204
Not sure.

I'm playing FF7 first time ever since yesterday and I like it alot.

This entire remake screams Kingdom hearts and I'm not sure how its gonna work but will see I'll probably buy it anyways.
>>
I don't feel shit. I'm done waiting for games. Come back when it's finished and about to release.
>>
>people still saying episodic/episodes
>>
>>319731913
If you just held "up" the entire time and selected auto attack to win the game? You can't fucking be serious. Like, you seriously just cannot be serious. This is a joke, right? I'm being punk'd? Where's Ashton?
>>
File: 1359955973249.gif (2 MB, 320x228) Image search: [Google]
1359955973249.gif
2 MB, 320x228
>>319718959
>each campaign in SC2 has 40/50 missions for one faction instead splitting it 3 ways in the older games.

I see no problem with that. Especially when each installment came with new units.
>>
>>319732530
>>each campaign in SC2 has 40/50 missions for one faction
Except that isn't true anon.
>>
>>319732347
The gameplay in FFXIII/2/LR was great. Stop being a baby about it.
>>
>>319731342
Assuming each episode is the length of a disc in the original
Episode 1: $25
Episode 2: $25
Episode 3: $10

Throw in some bikini Tifa DLC and you'd have yourself a game that would literally print money.
>>
>>319732719
I liked the locales, but I can't in good faith say the gameplay was good. If they took out the "AUTO" feature in battles, then I would say that the combat was good and the Paradigm shifting was neat. But nothing about holding up and MAYBE turning the camera every now and then screams "great" to me.

Also, XIII didn't have towns. How did they think that was a good idea? "Let's just have this game be one giant dungeon". Nah. Nothing comfy, nothing fun, nothing good.

But these are all just our opinions, so this is going to go nowhere fast.
>>
>>319732658
Oh I'm Sorry, 20/30 missions per faction which compared to the predecessor only allowed 10 missions with each campaign. Just as much as SC2 when you consider the Broodwar expansion. Then there is online play, but /v/ doesn't play well with others apparently.
>>
>>319717204

I'm sure once this all comes out CFW for the PS4 will be out by then and be usable.
>>
The original FF7 has 3 disc. FF8 has 4. Whats the difference?
>>
>>319732719
>XIII gated off actually having a full party until you were more than halfway through the game
>took until XIII-2 to let you change your fucking leader in battle, which should have been in there from the start

Yeah, nah.
>>
>>319719127
Not sure if you seriously believe that or not, either way you're retarded
>>
>Ready for pay $180 for a single game?

Each episode will actually be the size of a full game though. Really I'm just paying $180 for 4 whole games which is a bargain to me! : D
>>
>>319733648
>He waits for the CFW
Give it up, you got most hackers who pull the "I didn't want to hack it anyway!" spill or "Yeah, I totally hacked it, but I'm not going to show it to anybody because of muh hacker honor." bullshit.
>>
>>319734248
Or you can follow the scene and know that is not true, but hey continue to be ignorant
>>
>>319734392
>Or you can follow the scene and know that is not true

It has literally happened with just about any Nintendo peripheral & the Vita. I am waiting for the PS4 Rogero CFW as well.
>>
All I need is the Midgar section and the Golden Saucer and maybe the final Sephiroth fight

Everything else is kinda boring
>>
>>319735263
Golden Saucer was kinda meh too. Just Midgar and Sephiroth would be okay with me.
>>
Such a lame excuse for wanting to increase income.

>too big

my balls are too big

no game needs to be bigger tham 100gb
>>
>>319733850

I didn't pay for the discs seperately.
>>
This just puts even more of my faith back in their hands. I wish to invest in them.
>>
File: nomura2012 interview.png (384 KB, 954x2607) Image search: [Google]
nomura2012 interview.png
384 KB, 954x2607
How does this make /v/ feel?
>>
File: CV6oRUBXIAEix9x.jpg orig.jpg (133 KB, 960x1280) Image search: [Google]
CV6oRUBXIAEix9x.jpg orig.jpg
133 KB, 960x1280
>>319723049
XVs official twitter account just uploaded this

XV running on a PC
>>
File: 1417131602279.png (259 KB, 798x457) Image search: [Google]
1417131602279.png
259 KB, 798x457
>>319717204
They lost me when they decided to go for the God of War audience.
>>
>>319728205
No we've seen massive fields full of monsters and with towns, outposts and dungeons everywhere

You also just posted an old as fuck screenshot from 2014 before they added things and locations into the map
>>
>>319717204
>Will you enjoy the new episodic mechanics
No
Their reasons are bullshit, I can't be bothered to give anymore fucks about SE, they can just crash and burn
>>
>>319729347
XV is already bigger than XCX

XCX is 400 km^2 which is 154 square miles
XV is 780 square miles
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 42

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.