[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Censored content >Gated content >arbitrary grinding
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6
File: 266951_front.jpg (419 KB, 640x903) Image search: [Google]
266951_front.jpg
419 KB, 640x903
>Censored content
>Gated content
>arbitrary grinding just to open up plot missions and side quests

Why do nintenyearolds think this is a good game?
>>
>>319633126
This is b8 but I'll bite anyway. Gated content is good because it means the game has actual pacing, something most open world games completely lack (Fallout 4 in particular).
>>
Just started Chapter 6, I'm enjoying it so far, but not nearly as much as the first Xenoblade.

Have no real idea how to git gud, currently alternating between the two Enforcer class progressions towards Mastermind and Galactic Knight, and I kinda just toss out arts.

Game also feels a bit grindy, and the standard quest system feels kinda limited since you're stuck with whatever the console in NLA feels like giving you.

Aside from that my only other complaints is they really could have optimized screen space to make the UI elements and text larger, and that the NLA and battle music is fucking garbage.
>>
>shitposters still trying

sad
>>
>>319633126
But that's not MGSV
>>
>>319633126
>jrpg has grinding
Oh my, so unexpected.
>>
>>319633576
Gated content is cancer. There is no defending it.
>>
>>319634223
Great argument champ, care to explain why?
>>
>>319634223
Gates content meaning
>>
>>319634223
As in content that requires you to pass a certain threshold to get to it?

Isn't that basically every video game ever?

You can't beat MGSV without upgrading mother base, you can't best DaS without getting past the first tier of bosses, and you can't beat Zelda without collecting the inevitable 3 things of wisdom or whatever.

What even is that complaint
>>
>>319634283
Its artificial longevity and support. I don't own XCX so I have no idea how it works in this game but for others like Splatoon, Destiny, and Halo 5 it's straight up bullshit to have to wait months for all the content to unlock or be released.

It's marketed as "free DLC" but the truth is they cut it out to generate the hype behind free DLC and boost their ego and fanbase perception.
>yeah but it's ok because I'm not paying extra for it
That doesn't make it ok, in fact it's just as scummy.

All content should be made available at launch.
>>
>>319634779
Wow shut up anon
>>
>>319634779
Oh no my games make me play to get things!
>>
>>319634779
>but for others like Splatoon, Destiny, and Halo 5 it's straight up bullshit to have to wait months for all the content to unlock or be released.
>wait months
>months

That's not how XCX works. There is no forthcoming content locked on disc like Splatoon. Your assumptions are stupid.
>>
>>319634779
There's nothing like that in X what the fuck is wrong with you
>>
File: Untitled.png (44 KB, 128x156) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
44 KB, 128x156
>>319634779
What the fuck are you talking about? Did find out everything you know about this game from /v/ shitposters?
>>
>>319633126
>>Censored content
HAHAHAHAHA
People already uncensored it.
Censorshipfags BTFO.
>>
>>319635220
how
>>
This is not shitposting, but i've noticed something.
A huge shitstorm was leveled when it was revealed that they cut/changed some outfits and changed religious shit in Xenoblade Chronicles X.
But nowhere near as much shit has been thrown in the context of yakuza 5 "localisation", they removed a whole massage minigame from the game (probably more, this is all i'm certain about). Isnt that worse ? Haven't seen a single thread about it.
>>
>>319635504
Because Nintendo
>>
>>319635504
Yakuza fanbase is about as small as nip dick.
>>
>>319634779
>I don't own XCX

why the fuck are you giving an opinion on the game then you massive faglord
>>
>>319634779
And they said neo-/v/ didn't exist
>>
File: dv26.png (77 KB, 563x252) Image search: [Google]
dv26.png
77 KB, 563x252
>>319635270
>>
File: 1436487360929.jpg (31 KB, 403x403) Image search: [Google]
1436487360929.jpg
31 KB, 403x403
>>319634779
What are you even talking about? All I see is a bunch of buzzwords cobbled together that make no sense to the game in question whatsoever.
>>
>>319635504
Yakuza 5 has taken 3 years to fucking come out. At this point they're willing to sacrifice a mini-game for the Rating to get the fucking game.
>>
>>319634779
It's even funnier that Splatoon and Destiny's "free DLC" was all locked on disc content until only recently.
>>
>>319636758
>Yakuza 5 has taken 3 years to fucking come out

Big games used to not be pumped out every year like fucking CoD. 3 years is standard development time.
>>
>>319633576
Gating =/ good pacing

Good pacing comes naturally from good game design. Gating is when you lack the latter and need to fix the mess you have.
>>
>>319636847
Yakuza 5 released in 2012 you fucking moron.

It's taken 3 years to get localized.

You massive. fucking. moron.

I really hope you delete your post, otherwise I won't be able to read this thread much longer due to the constant second hand embarssment I'll receive everytime I scroll by this post and see the dozens of other posts making fun of you.
>>
>>319635220
>you have to hack your game and violate the EULA which can get you easily banned
>C-censorshipfags BTFO!!! the game was never censored, we didn't support it because we can now undo it

Holy fucking jesus
>>
>>319634123
I've only got maybe 5-7 hrs in but those mission board quests suck ass, kill 8 thinglings or find so and so collectable
>>
File: it begins.png (22 KB, 192x193) Image search: [Google]
it begins.png
22 KB, 192x193
>>319636847
>JP December 6, 2012
>WW December 8, 2015
>>
what a painfully average rpg with plenty of reasons not to buy it

2015 was such a shitty year
>>
File: image_10.jpg (65 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
image_10.jpg
65 KB, 600x600
>>319633126
If you played it, you would think it was good as well. Im lovin it.
>>
>>319637086
Don't bother with those, theres like 600 and they're all kill shit or collect shit.
What i do : do red question marks mission and main quest, once in a while go to the board and complete a bunch of harvesting missions you completed without knowing just picking up shit off the floor. And maybe take some tyrant kill missions, those are fun to do and you get to know where to go to kill big monster.
>>
>>319637057
You can't get banned from Xenoblades online service. kek.
>>
So what's everyone who has no interest in other Nintendo games doing? Waiting for an emulator?
>>
>>319634779
xcx's dlc right now is only for people with disc versions of the game to improve load times. You're a real dumb.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.