[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which of the two games do you prefer? Why?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 15
File: link-twilight-y-sword[1].gif (44 KB, 400x403) Image search: [Google]
link-twilight-y-sword[1].gif
44 KB, 400x403
Which of the two games do you prefer? Why?
>>
Twilight Princess

TP vs SS
•Heart Containers in TP take 5 pieces to fill and there are 11 to get. Making 55 pieces. SS' take 4 and there are only 6 pieces to get, making 24 pieces. 60% decrease in content.
•TP: Fairies don't get used if Link has max health and they interact with him.
•Bow and arrows. You can aim in first (GCN v.) or third person and bomb arrows. You can also snipe. In SS you can only snipe because every item has only one use.
•Can z-target while using items in TP.
•Horseback combat.
•Sword techniques. No techniques in SS aside from the Finishing Blow. 88.333% decrease (if my math is approx).
•You never run out of stamina as wolf Link. Did I mention you could transform into a wolf if you want?
•Three kinds of bombs.
•Better graphics, music, and lore.
•Secrets like the graveyard, the giant arch outside Kakariko, the grotto with shiny chus in Snowpeak Province, and the hidden tunnels inside Hyrule Castle Town. I don't even remember this one myself but it's on the internet. http://forums.legendsalliance.com/topic/12603-twilight-princess-secrets/
•Noob bridges. http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/928519-the-legend-of-zelda-twilight-princess/51549359
>>
>>319575436
twilight princess, specifically because i hate the controls for skyward sword. i hate swinging that stupid fucking waggle stick to attack things.
>played TP on GC
>judge me as you will
>>
>>319576163
I am not judging you, best controller right there.
>>
dude it's fucking 2016
you can't seriously like Zelda
>>
>>319575436
Neither. Because they both sucked.
>>
>>319576601
Go away. Please.
>>
>>319575436
Twilight princess had the GOAT soundtrack
>>
I like them both equally
>>
twilight princess is miles better. i couldn't even be bothered to finish skyward sword.
>>
>>319575436
Twilight Princess. Facing the imprisoned so many times and Fi interrupting every 3 minutes gets old fast. Exploring the sky is dumb and empty.
>>
>>319575436

The two worst zelda games. But ss was worse. Only zelda I couldn't finish
>>
File: latest[1].png (820 KB, 1024x535) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
820 KB, 1024x535
>>319575436
>Which of the two games do you prefer?
Twilight princess.

>Why?
BECAUSE YOU CAN FUCKIN' FISH, MATE.

FUCKING FISHING.

YOU CAN FISH IN ANY BODY OF WATER AND ACTUALLY GO OUT TO SPECIFIC AREAS TO HUNT DOWN RARE OR UNCOMMON FISH IN THE WORLD.
>>
>>319578209
Oracle of Ages, Four Swords Anniversary Edition, Spirit Tracks, A Link Between Worlds, and probably Triforce Heroes (not intending to play this unless it's on sale), are all worse than Twilight Princess.
>>
>>319575436
TP.

It wasn't shit.
>>
>>319575436
TP is better.

It's slow-ish but at least it's not nearly as slow as SS in terms of gameplay, dialogue and cutscenes.
There are some use-specific items in TP but those are the only type of items in SS since they are much too awkward to use on the fly and enemies just generally ignore your attempts to use them, especially the lizards which are completely immune to everything.
The controls are much better in TP.
You have to revisit less and while there are arguably no areas that are entirely as good as the Sand sea, the areas are overall better.
TP is easy but it's not as easy as a hypothetical SS where the controls never fuck up, if you get hit in TP it's actually your fault.
>>
>>319578616
Ages gets a lot of circlejerking but holy fuck was it tedious and awful compared to seasons.
>>
>>319575436
It's not that Skyward Sword is specifically a bad game by itself, it's that as much as I wasn't a fan of Twilight Princess, SS sucks as a LoZ game in comparison. Significantly.
>>
>>319578862
No need to curse man.
>>
>>319578340
im glad theres fucking fishing in up in this shit, first thing i wanna do in a zelda game is sit in a boat for 6 hours, get drunk, dont catch anything, and go home and beat the wife. Thats a zelda game built to last
>>
>>319575436
TP is my favourite 3D Zelda, I haven't played SS but it looks linear as fuck.
>>
File: wind-waker-HD-4.jpg (267 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
wind-waker-HD-4.jpg
267 KB, 1920x1080
>>319575436
This one
>>
>>319579061
Sorry
>>
>>319578340
You could also fish in A Link to the Past I think.
>>
Twilight princess, although both are good
>>
left handed link a best
>>
>>319575436
Twilight princess

>better artstyle and graphics style
>no fucking wag lag
>no fucking annoying companion
>no fucking annoying "how to do anything" tutorials and interrupts
>I actually beat the game instead of dropping it at the first dungeon
>combat that isn't exhaustive and a slog

all has to do with what SS did wrong, not TP doing good
>>
>>319579304
I want Egoraptor to leave
>>
>>319579304
No. You couldn't.
>>
>>319575436
They have different strengths and weaknesses
>>
>>319575436
he changed sword hands between the two? didnt know link was ambidextrous.
>>
Skyward sword sucked

>sky is empty and pointless
>recycled bosses everywhere
>shit enemy designs (they look like DreamWorks monsters)
>prequel that explains everything just raises more questions
>item dialogue each time you reset the game
>dungeon items completely useless outside of the area they're found in
>bad controls (subjective)
>too much exposition not enough freedom
>Fi

HOWEVER. The dungeons themselves are very creative, and I love how you can customize some of your items
>>
File: zelda fan art done on art pad.jpg (66 KB, 534x405) Image search: [Google]
zelda fan art done on art pad.jpg
66 KB, 534x405
Ugh. Back to back series low points. Literally picking which poison. LITERALLY.
>>
>>319579778
>TP
>better artstyle and graphics style
You can say many things about TP and SS, but TP looked like shit mixed with puke and is probably one of the most ugly games on gc.
>>
two haired link
>>
>>319580637
>TP looked like shit mixed with puke
No.
>>
>>319580637
On contraire, it was the best looking game of its gen.

If it had come out one year before, Nintendo would probably not have the poor graphics stigma it has today.
>>
TP, but it has problems of its own.
>>
>>319579264
My biggest gripe with Wind waker is that they didn't add fishing. Holy shit this game would have been fantastic if they added fishing alongside the picture collecting. God damn.

Still my personal favorite zelda though
>>
>>319581135
>>319580827
Yeah that looks awesome. TP truly was one the best looking game of its gen.
When you are blind that is.
>>
Take the SS colors and put them on the TP design and it's GOAT
>>
>>319581431
Forgot
>>
>36 posts and thread isn't derailed with Her
What the fuck is happening?

Also for me TP is a winner, if for no better reason than having Riders of Doom from Conan The Barbarian's soundtrack as a music on its first trailer.
I'm not shitting you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VE2Dc1sx71U
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEp76ppPc8o
>>
>>319581620
The thing with TP is that in normal areas with nothing stand-out, the limited hardware and the compressed textures that strive for a realistic fantasy environment just don't work on the Gamecube / Wii. When there's a setpiece or something that doesn't accentuate the bad textures as much, the game looks a lot better.
>>
>>319581709
"Her"? You don't mean...
>>
>>319581829
Yeah its truly beatiful. There truly is nothing that horribly stands out.

Because there at max 1k polygons and like 3 objects on screen at a single time.
>>
I'm biased toward TP because that was my first ever Zelda.
>>
>>319582015
No need for sarcasm and graphics whore technical limitations.
>>
>>319580304
Theyre different Links
>>
>>319581709
the song choice was a reference to OoT's trailers
>>
Twilight Princess.
My disappointment in Skyward Sword massively overshadows my disappointment with Twilight Princess.
>>
Once I have a solid chunk of disposable income I am gonna buy all the Zeldas and play them in order. I already have around half of them.
>>
>>319582128
>it looked beautiful
>it was one of the best looking games of its gens
>d-d-dont criticize, g-graphicswhore
Nice backpeddal.
>>
File: image.jpg (63 KB, 828x511) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
63 KB, 828x511
>>319578862
>>319579061
>>319579275
>>
File: 1438234891450.png (7 KB, 166x125) Image search: [Google]
1438234891450.png
7 KB, 166x125
I didn't really enjoy them as much as I hoped, but I have to say that TP is the better game.
>>
File: z12rdkt.jpg (207 KB, 1152x648) Image search: [Google]
z12rdkt.jpg
207 KB, 1152x648
>>319581620
All games suck at doing trees. Everything else, barring the ground textures looks amazing in that picture.

The game was in every way except for facial details a step up from Resident Evil 4, and that was still lauded for its graphics one year earlier when TP was finished.

Delaying the game for one year is Iwata's biggest and most unethical blunder ever. Nintendo will regret that for years more to come.
>>
TP even though SS has best Zelda.
>>
Twilight Princess by far.

>pretty good better story
>actual exploration
>some cool secrets
>good atmosphere
>convenient fast-travel
>good final boss
>midna
>>
>>319582496
Yeah truly beautiful.
Just look at that textures, at that image quality, at that detailed environment , at all these effects and best of all that color that only consist of green and brown, truly miles ahead of RE4. Not even high end pcs could produce something as beautiful as this
>>
>>319575436
Twilight Princess had good dungeons but everything between them felt like boring filler. Skyward Sword at least had mostly enjoyable stuff to do between dungeons even though the dungeons weren't as good as in TP.

Overall I prefer Skyward Sword.
>>
>>319575436
Both are kinda meh

I guess aesthetically SS but gameplay wise TP
>>
>>319582903
Okay, you're shitposting with the same gimmick every post.
>>
>>319581709
There's a better trailer shot by someone somewhere on youtube where there's an uproar and people are giving each other high-fives and fist pumping.

I dislike this kind of thing though. Not that Nintendo revealed the game this way. The audiences reactions to it. I hate that there's a story of journalists bawling their eyes out at this.

It's like Star Wars meme culture. It's fine to be moved to chills or celebrate, especially if it's a major sports event like when Japan won the women's world cup, but to the extent that you can't control yourself over a game?

Also, Skyward Sword had a good announcement video planned apparently.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfXCEAQNE-g
>>
>>319583176
>if it dosent get along with my headcanon its shitposting
Yeah whatever.
>>
>>319582496
This. TP was a fucking gamecube game, people. Stop applying today's standards to technology from 2006.

Even if the graphics have aged somewhat, the visual design and atmosphere of TP is intact, and probably to most memorable next to Wind Waker. They really were across the spectrum from one another, and I look forward to seeing more of what TP:HD will look like.
>>
File: z2r795.jpg (456 KB, 1152x648) Image search: [Google]
z2r795.jpg
456 KB, 1152x648
>>319582903
I believe the idea is, correct me if I'm wrong, you post a better picture and I go out and try to trump you. You did not.

Also, Twilight Princess is the first game I've ever seen, and probably the first game period, to have exact water level indication when you step out of a pool. The game also has at least a good artifice of procedural burning which was planned to be one of its big things, along with realistic specular lighting (i.e. it has some good lighting), and was planned to have FMV capture for every single animal in the game.
>>
>>319580304
Skyward Sword Link (and Twilight Princess Link in the Wii version) are right-handed because they're motion-controlled and most people playing are gonna be right-handed.
>>
Twilight Pricness by a fucking mile and it isn't some stupid Zelda cycle bullshit either.

SS got tained by WW influence. Everything WW has touched has been shit. Toon Link is Zelda cancer. TP and ALBW are the only good Zelda games to have been released since Majora's Mask.
>>
>>319584045
>literally the first ambidextrous controller ever
>we need to change a left-handed character to right-handed because of it
>actually fuck that, just make the entire game a reflection

Going back and playing the GC version on Dolphin after playing the Wii version fucked me up.
>>
I liked TP but I enjoyed SS way more the controls worked perfectly for me. the only thing i gotta complain about is that the skyworld was pretty empty and i felt like the harp wasn't used enough in the game but everything else i enjoyed greatly
>>
>>319584016
Super mario sunshie did water better and since someone earlier already mentioned re4 the game had mediocre lighting that was put to shame by stuff like re4.
>>
>>319575436
i like bofe. and OoT and MM too.
hope new one is also gud.
>>
File: hyrulean-age1.jpg (136 KB, 760x662) Image search: [Google]
hyrulean-age1.jpg
136 KB, 760x662
>>319582172
Heh, didn't know that.
I also found this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orgwe5wokNo
They really like Riders of Doom.

I'm starting to wonder if there's shout-outs to Conan in the games? Some little easter-eggs.
>>
>>319584680
valid observations
Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.