[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The biggest disappointment of Fallout 4 was the vaults. Seriously,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: Vault_11_door.jpg (584 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Vault_11_door.jpg
584 KB, 1920x1080
The biggest disappointment of Fallout 4 was the vaults. Seriously, they were lame as fuck. Vault 111 was really bad and so was Vault 75. The others are just kind of meh. No eery vaults like 11 in New Vegas to be seen anywhere. Hell, even the hallucination vault in Fallout 3 was good. They fucked it up.
>>
Having never played 4, what are the best vaults in the game and what are they about?
>>
>>318394853
Only vault that was semi interesting was the one dedicated to enhancing the human Gene pool.
They raised children academically and physically.
If they didn't make the cut Physically they were told the "uptoptown" needed saving and that when you turn 16 you have to go save them.
If they excelled academically they were kept in the vault as staff.
If they excelled in both they were kept in the vault for breeding the next set of super humans.
Mix in routing training and specialized drugs and you get Vault 75.
Which was placed under a school
>>
>>318394294
There were fantastic vaults in FO3, I haven't finished NV but the ones I saw didn't impress me, though I have heard good things about the rest.

Was the F4 offering really that inferior?
>>
>>318395661

why did you leave out the part where saving uptoptown was actually euthanasia and cremation
>>
I liked that Vault 81 was actually semi-successful, even though they weren't a control vault.

It's a functioning society that doesn't trust outsiders unless they prove themselves to be trustworthy.
It's not as memorable as Vault City, but it's alright.
>>
>>318395675
New Vegas had the best vaults. Vault 11 was creepy and interesting as fuck. Basically this:

>The inhabitants of Vault 11 were told that they must sacrifice one of their fellow vault dwellers each year, and that, should they refuse, all the dwellers will be killed

> In actuality, if the residents refused, an "Automated solution response" was supposed to be played. The message stated that by choosing not to select one of their own as a sacrifice, the dwellers are "a shining example to humanity" and that no one will be killed.

>They are also informed that the vault door is then unlocked so they can come and go as they please but are urged to consult with their Overseer before they do so. However, by the time Vault 11 inhabitants refused to continue sacrificing their residents, only five survivors remained.

You can look up the full story from Youtube or something, here's the audiolog for the remaining 5 survivors

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/System_recording:_Vault_11_front_entrance
>>
>>318396582
because the expirement took longer then expected, The molerat virus was suppose to spread a long time ago while they monitored the vault, but they needed the cure first, Curie made it but everyone already died so she waited to give it to someone, it was to test a sealed off society dealing with an outbreak
>>
Best Fallout 3 Vault was the Gary's, but there were a few other really cool ones.
>>
Something I never got about the Vaults is how you ensure an Overseer will keep the plan going? I get that the Enclave was there to take whatever research would have been done and use it accordingly, but how do you force like a generation after you to do abhorrent things for data? For example, Vault 92, how could you force the Overseer to keep playing white noise that eventually drove the entire vault mad even after dozens of complaints?
>>
We will never see Vault 69 in an actual game.
>>
>>318397219
You can't. Vault 81 Overseer went rogue and sealed off the medical vault side because they couldn't go through with it.
>>
>>318397049
The experiment took longer than expected because the first Overseer sabotaged the project.

They mention in the terminals that they were going to proceed with infecting the residents not long after being sealed, but the Overseer disabled the means by which the scientists could spread their pathogens. The scientists didn't suspect this until it was too late for them and the Overseer refused to talk to them once they realized this.
They kept working with Curie because they had nothing else to do, and she kept working because it was her duty.

>>318397219
The more extreme vaults didn't last more than a generation. Vault 11 was an exception, because people believed they had to have an Overseer/Human Sacrifice to keep on living.
>>
The junkie vault was kind of depressing.
>>
>>318396582
>>318397049
The experiment failed from the start when the first Overseer didn't tell the science team to come to the vault. Only 3 of them showed up on their own, and she locked the vault without the rest. Then she sabotaged the nozzles in the vault dwellers rooms to prevent experimentation, cut off communication with the science team.

The Vault was successful in the sense that the dwellers survived, but the experiment was a failure because the Overseer couldn't morally allow it to happen.
>>
>>318397765
There's a lot of depressing stuff in this game.
>Aniki's Locket
>>
>>318398012
I still think the most depressing part for me was the Jamaica Plains stuff. Entering that vault, listening to the music and the voice over. Kind of sobering.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.